Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
I didn't like the last jedi but it was a really fuckin pretty movie and i feel like not enough of it's detractors give it credit for that. like tfa was a bad movie and also not much to look at but the last jedi is pretty gorgeous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The battles were really pretty too but the WW2 style bombers still don't make sense. Why not just shoot them like missiles with targeting so you don't have to go up close. Adding bombs to Star Wars was the worst.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Yeah and why do lasers need to be in visual range of the target ship? They have sentient eobots but not a guided missile?? Really destroys my immersion, it’s such an unrealistic space fight

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Mu Zeta posted:

Adding bombs to Star Wars was the worst.

The only bombs in Star Wars are Solo and (prospectively) Episode IX.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Yeah and why do lasers need to be in visual range of the target ship? They have sentient eobots but not a guided missile?? Really destroys my immersion, it’s such an unrealistic space fight

They have those computer guided torpedoes in A New Hope. Just use those.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Solice Kirsk posted:

Made me kinda wish they would do a really good sci-fi version of Seven Samurai.

Probably not what you're asking for but Dikiy Vostok is about as close you'll get. Rag tag bunch protect circus midgets from bikers in post-apocolyptic Kazakhstan.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Solice Kirsk posted:

Rogue One had the best battle scene in the series. Like a star wars Dirty Dozen. Made me kinda wish they would do a really good sci-fi version of Seven Samurai.

Your attention is no doubt drawn to the big green rabbit man, but I encourage you to consider the old man with the lightsaber behind him. He is a deranged old man who read too man stories about the heroic adventures of the old Jedi knights and decided it was his destiny to become a Jedi himself. And that man's name was Don-Wan Kihotay.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Wheat Loaf posted:

Your attention is no doubt drawn to the big green rabbit man, but I encourage you to consider the old man with the lightsaber behind him. He is a deranged old man who read too man stories about the heroic adventures of the old Jedi knights and decided it was his destiny to become a Jedi himself. And that man's name was Don-Wan Kihotay.

Actually my attention was drawn to Space Cruella de Ville back there.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wheat Loaf posted:

Your attention is no doubt drawn to the big green rabbit man

His name is Bucky O'Hare

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Solice Kirsk posted:

Actually my attention was drawn to Space Cruella de Ville back there.

I'm more interested in that tank-tread Droid.

Is he a cast off from the NES game Base Wars?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Basewars was awesome.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
My fursona is that star wars hedgehog wizard on Chewbacca's right.

Also that Han looks eerily more like the new Han guy than Harrison Ford.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Not the strangest way Chewie was drawn in Marvel Star Wars. Let's zip ahead five years to the last ever issue:

He got a perm in the interceding 100 issues.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
He's hugging Lando really good.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Aramek posted:

He's hugging Lando really good.

They’re gonna gently caress

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I like Lando's frilly-cuffed purple shirt and lime-green silk cravat combo.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
That cravat is beautiful. How did Zorak get in there?

Frobozz
Jul 19, 2017

fruit BOO!ts posted:

They’re gonna gently caress

I feel sorry for Chewie. You know Lando's gonna dump him and then he'll be heartbroken.

HairyManling
Jul 20, 2011

No flipping.
Fun Shoe
“Your mom” jokes are almost always terrible. 90% of them weren’t funny in 7th grade, and even less so now. It’s just the lowest effort “Haha look at your mom’s dildo” white noise imaginable. Trig Discipline pulls off a clever one now and then, but other than that they just need to die.

Also, the “haha I wonder what Yoshi’s eggs smell like” thing needs to go too. I think I’ve seen something like 8 of those in the past two days and it never sounds like anything other “oh haha I get that reference too”. Ugh.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

HairyManling posted:

I think I’ve seen something like 8 of those in the past two days.

This is what your mom told me the last time I pulled my dick out in front of her.

HairyManling
Jul 20, 2011

No flipping.
Fun Shoe

veni veni veni posted:

This is what your mom told me the last time I pulled my dick out in front of her.
Makes sense since she’s a pediatrician.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

:lol:

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The iMac in all iterations since 1998 are the best computers Apple made.

GAINING WEIGHT...
Mar 26, 2007

See? Science proves the JewsMuslims are inferior and must be purged! I'm not a racist, honest!

HairyManling posted:

I think I’ve seen something like 8 of those in the past two days and it never sounds like anything other “oh haha I get that reference too”. Ugh.

Yeah welcome to memes

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

HairyManling posted:

“Your mom” jokes are almost always terrible. 90% of them weren’t funny in 7th grade, and even less so now. It’s just the lowest effort “Haha look at your mom’s dildo” white noise imaginable. Trig Discipline pulls off a clever one now and then, but other than that they just need to die.

Also, the “haha I wonder what Yoshi’s eggs smell like” thing needs to go too. I think I’ve seen something like 8 of those in the past two days and it never sounds like anything other “oh haha I get that reference too”. Ugh.

a bloo bloo bloo

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

HairyManling posted:

This really reads like somebody did an absolutely devastating joke about your mom and it made you cry.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
recent star wars movies will never be good because anyone writing for it will be forced to put in a million "I SAW x AND I CLAPPED" moments by disney executives. in fact they're making entire movies that's just "WOW IT'S THAT THING MENTIONED ONCE IN THE ORIGINAL TRILOGY" see: Solo

who knows? maybe JJ can subvert my expectations with Star Wars episode gently caress: The Last Paycheck

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
I don't understand why they didn't have JJ do the whole trilogy instead of setting it up, then a middle movie that says nevermind Snoke, etc. never mattered, and then bring him back again to "fix" it.

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire
Jar Jar Binks was the most misunderstood character in the Starwars universe.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

doverhog posted:

I don't understand why they didn't have JJ do the whole trilogy instead of setting it up, then a middle movie that says nevermind Snoke, etc. never mattered, and then bring him back again to "fix" it.

I think he wanted a break. I'm sure Disney wanted him to do it all.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
Star Wars is a victim of its own success, really.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Wasn't it supposed to be three different directors? Rather than a JJ sandwhich

doverhog
May 31, 2013

IIRC the guy who did the newest Fantastic Four was supposed to direct one at some point, maybe that was the third one? Anyway the original point stands. I guess I'm one of the internet guyes who don't like Last Jedi. I really wanted to know what was up with Snoke and where and why did Luke go, and it really didn't work or make sense IMO.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Emmy-O-Lantern posted:

Wasn't it supposed to be three different directors? Rather than a JJ sandwhich

Yeah the director of The Book of Henry was meant to do IX.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

doverhog posted:

IIRC the guy who did the newest Fantastic Four was supposed to direct one at some point, maybe that was the third one? Anyway the original point stands. I guess I'm one of the internet guyes who don't like Last Jedi. I really wanted to know what was up with Snoke and where and why did Luke go, and it really didn't work or make sense IMO.

Fan4stic guy was supposed to do a Boba Fett movie or some other spinoff.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

It's really frustrating that a lot of studios hire these unusual or contentious directors to let them do something cool and new and then when they do that the studio freaks and brings in Porridge Brain Dickerson or whatever to reshoot. Just hire Bret Ratner from the start. The RLM video on F4 made me really want to see Josh Trank(?)'s original film.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Colin Treverrow was supposed to do Episode IX and he apparently had it plotted out enough that he'd discussed how Rey's story would end with Daisy Ridley and reportedly talked with Mark Hamill about what his plans for Luke were going to be (I have no idea how this fits into the timeline vis-a-vis the development of Last Jedi and its story - I remember Hamill mentioning in an interview that he'd spoken to Treverrow about it and Ridley saying his idea for the end of Rey's story made her cry, but that's about it).

He was ostensibly sacked after Book of Henry came out and was not well-liked but apparently there were also some behind-the-scenes difficulties between him and Frank Marshall, who produced Jurassic World and happens to be married to Kathleen Kennedy, who is in charge of Lucasfilm. I think I read at some point that they decided to have different directors for each movie because that's what Lucas did on the original trilogy (he directed the first one then Irving Kershner and Richard Marquand directed the next two).

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Book of Henry is the heartwarming tale of a boy genius who tries to get his mom to commit murder from beyond the grave, right?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Guy Goodbody posted:

Book of Henry is the heartwarming tale of a boy genius who tries to get his mom to commit murder from beyond the grave, right?

Written by Jordan Peterson's best friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doverhog
May 31, 2013

What do you guyes think of Jordan Peterson btw? I watched his Joe Rogan 3h podcast, and he has some good ideas w/r/t self improvement, but he is either really stupid, or mischaracterizes the leftist position w/r/t equality of outcome vs equality of opportunity on purpose, and thus is either stupid or dishonest.