Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Perkele
Nov 7, 2002

I HAVE SHIT OPINIONS ON STAR WARS MOVIES!!!

I can't even call the right one bad.

bloom posted:

Has länsimetro really made east-west traffic in Espoo worse? I haven't really paid much attention because I don't live there anymore, but lol if they managed to gently caress up up east-west public transportation in addition to north-south being a shitshow.

If you live relatively close to Länsimetro, you're OK and it's easier than bus (increased commuter capacity is just one of the reasons subways are popular). If you live between Tapiola and Otaniemi and depend on Länsimetro to commute to Helsinki, you must prepare for rush hours. If you have a car, you also might take advantage of less traffic at Länäri (seeing how car traffic has not decreased markedly even though buses' transport capability has been significantly reduced, this remains a possibility).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kemper Boyd
Aug 6, 2007

no kings, no gods, no masters but a comfy chair and no socks
I'm entirely fine with the idea that Louhimies will never make a film again because he looks like Mr Lothar and Mikko Kärnä had an ugly child together. And he makes bad movies.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Kemper Boyd posted:

I'm entirely fine with the idea that Louhimies will never make a film again because he looks like Mr Lothar and Mikko Kärnä had an ugly child together. And he makes bad movies.

Would you change your mind if he made an adult film starring Lothar and Kärnä?

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Kemper Boyd posted:

I'm entirely fine with the idea that Louhimies will never make a film again ... he makes bad movies.

Pretty much this. I can't be assed to look into it since even the people in this thread can't agree with what he did. He's clearly a huge dick though, and his movies aren't good enough to justify it.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Oh wait, he did Levottomat. Yeah, nothing of value was lost.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
gently caress you, I'll die from a stroke soon anyway

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

I like Paha maa and the new Tuntematon, but I don't think the world loses anything if Louhimies never directs anything anymore.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe
The more meat I eat the faster I die lowering my carbon footprint to 0. Checkmate viherpipertäjät.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

quote:

Osa ihmisistä on ilmaissut toivovansa päättäjiltä lisää pakottavaa lainsäädäntöä hallitsemaan elämäänsä, koska he eivät sitä enää itse hallitse. Minä en tarvitse pakkovaltaa. Paitsi jos nainen on raskaana.

germlin
May 31, 2011
Fun Shoe

Voi vittu tätä ihmisen irvikuvaa, mikä tuota pitää liikkeessä muu kuin saatanan valta maan päällä?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

germlin posted:

Voi vittu tätä ihmisen irvikuvaa, mikä tuota pitää liikkeessä muu kuin saatanan valta maan päällä?

Every time someone votes for Soini, a Roman Catholic priest touches a child :(

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Always Wag. Always Friend. Very Safety.
Clapping Larry
Sitting here patiently, waiting for the time when the Soini decides to "ihan itse vapaaehtoisesti" care for the enviroment.

Any day now.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
"yhtenäinen, kaiken elollisen alleen tukahduttava JHL-lakana"- IS on lakkos.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
Public opinion on strikes: "Yeah, they're pretty good and also justified". Every major newspaper every time there is a strike: "This is it people, it's Armageddon. Kiss your rear end goodbye. Gradma is dead, lying in her dirty diaper."

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
I noticed YLE's reporters going "well this is just the unions being symbolically opposed to something the government does, the law itself is harmless and pretty much meaningless".

If that was true, the government wouldn't be doing this poo poo - the law is so full of loopholes any company with a lawyer can use it to wholly ignore any employment laws just by splitting themselves up into smaller chunks.

Yleislakko until new government is cheaper to anyone who's not a major shareholder in multinationals. This government is amazing in its incompetence. Kek and Kok backstabbing their own members is meanwhile expected.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
https://www.hs.fi/kotimaa/art-2000005872236.html

Vittu mitä ruikuttajia. Ai ihan juristitoimisto tuotiin tutkimaan vittuilevaa privaviestiä. Tällaiset velliperseet tätä maata johtavat.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

Wheany posted:

Public opinion on strikes: "Yeah, they're pretty good and also justified". Every major newspaper every time there is a strike: "This is it people, it's Armageddon. Kiss your rear end goodbye. Gradma is dead, lying in her dirty diaper."

Looking at HS today was seriously disgusting. Nothing but doomsaying and suddenly magnanimous bougogiesee fucks wanting to save poor kids from those perfidious unions.

For the sake of my blood pressure I didn't look at the comment section.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Juha Sipilä is suddenly interested in the labour position of women and is using that to fob off a proposed compromise.

I wish he'd been this interested in the situation of Finnish working women back when lomaraha was cut by 30% in the public sector, disproportionately hurting the income of women.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
I wish he'd just get a stroke or something.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
PAM - the service workers union - has also announced they're going on strike. poo poo just keeps on piling on.

Papers are guessing that PM Juha Sipilä might be doing some clever political maneuvers with the bill, but I find this to be more accurate assumption:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0R0Z6oP_2w

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
It's happening: Touko Aalto of The Greens is leaving the post of party chairman.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I refuse to believe this because it would mean that a big-name politician actually took responsibility for their fuckups.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
Touko Pouko is resigning from his post because he's suffering from severe depression. Nothing a bottle can't solve.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Sulphagnist posted:

Touko Aalto retire bitch

Holy poo poo it worked!

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Kemper Boyd
Aug 6, 2007

no kings, no gods, no masters but a comfy chair and no socks
Suomen Yrittäjien toimitusjohtaja, Michael Penttilä:

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

To think, that a rich old white guy like Bengt Holmström is so compassionate and considerate that he is willing to let immigrants slave away for a pittance! How is this man with a heart of gold not already nominated for another Nobel Prize???

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Nenonen posted:

To think, that a rich old white guy like Bengt Holmström is so compassionate and considerate that he is willing to let immigrants slave away for a pittance! How is this man with a heart of gold not already nominated for another Nobel Prize???

He doesn't have even the first Nobel Prize. As you can tell looking at it a little deeper. He has the Rich White Man prize for being a merchant of death.

Chazani
Feb 19, 2013
Strange that the same people who see palkkatuki as a negative thing, because it warps the free competition, seem so excited about the chance to pay less at a specific group of applicants.

I'm not convinced that this would even make a huge effect on the employment level of immigrants. We already have small initiatives like this in Finland. Most of the time companies are just unwilling to take untrained workers with poor finnish skills

All this would do is create a new underclass in work force. Which probably is the goal anyway

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures
https://www.hs.fi/kulttuuri/art-2000005875299.html

Hogge Wild posted:

Orjalaivojen terva velvoittaa Suomea.

brakeless
Apr 11, 2011

FUCKIN CREATE THE PERMANENT UNDERCLASS ALREADY

I HAVE NO IDEA HOW ANYTHING CAN WORK OTHERWISE

I HAVE SERIOUS OPINIONS

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Always Wag. Always Friend. Very Safety.
Clapping Larry
Oh boy, creating a class of people who are constantly poo poo on and paid a pittance if they can get a job would surely not lead to them being rightfully bitter against the native populace. I mean, you come here, you do the same job I do, it's only fair you only get paid 1 euro an hour, right? Wait. Wait. What do you mean you're giving away MY job to this immigrant?

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Got it, one factory importing sugar made us colonialists, just like a few fuckheads joining SS-Wiking made us Nazis

uncop
Oct 23, 2010
Colonialism was, first and foremost, a method to get raw materials, produce and such at rock-bottom costs, meaning a colonial master could sell stuff at prices that simultaneously undercut the market and make an above average profit. When you buy that stuff or its derivatives on the world market in order to produce more complex goods, you get those genocidal slave labor fueled inputs cheaper than otherwise and thus, the price of the outputs staying semi-constant, profit from genocidal slave labor. This is how the proceeds from colonialism diffuse among all capitalists that deal with the direct colonialists. It’s not a coincidence that not only colonial empires got as rich as the colonial empires themselves, and the reason is not that colonialism did not actually benefit the colonialists or that they got lazy while the other european and anglo countries caught up through sheer hard work.

One weird trick to get rich on the back of colonialism while avoiding pressure to ever re-examine your history? (”orjalaivojen terva” sounds silly because it’s mostly looking at the wrong century and wrong type of transaction)

uncop fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Oct 25, 2018

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe
That article is some hilarious bullshit. No one outside academia is ever going to give the slightest care about some small trade benefits 150 years before we were even able to take a poo poo without Sweden or Russia saying so. Most people don't even care about the Sami and we've actually actively hosed them over in very recent history, and in some cases still continue doing so. Some incredible-rear end reaching there. I'm glad I stopped ordering hesari.

Fated To Be Fat
May 23, 2009

A branch without a tree.

Double Bill posted:

Got it, one factory importing sugar made us colonialists, just like a few fuckheads joining SS-Wiking made us Nazis

I'm pretty sure that allying nazis and attacking the ryssä together was the thing that made us at least nazi adjacent.

Finland during colonialism was under states that certainly practiced colonialism. It isn't far-fetched to say that Finland profited from that. Also imagine that I posted that sonic picture with "no ethical consumption under capitalism" but capitalism is changed to colonialism.

Ornedan
Nov 4, 2009

Cybernetic Crumb
Our good old boys did participate directly in the chattel slavery part of colonialism, too. Under the Swedish flag since we were just the eastern part of the kingdom at the time.

There was a historical article in Tiede about it a few years ago. IIRC it went like establish a slave trading fort, make a couple of triangle trade runs and then the fort gets ganked by one of the bigger players. So while we didn't get much of the blood on our hands, it's not because we didn't try but because our häpeälliset esi-isät sucked at it.

e: employers and unions "yo we negotiated this compromise" Sipilä: "nope"

Ornedan fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Oct 25, 2018

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Quoting Hogge Wild from 2016 :vince:

e: Did you have that queued up or do you just have a really good memory?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Nurge posted:

That article is some hilarious bullshit. No one outside academia is ever going to give the slightest care about some small trade benefits 150 years before we were even able to take a poo poo without Sweden or Russia saying so. Most people don't even care about the Sami and we've actually actively hosed them over in very recent history, and in some cases still continue doing so. Some incredible-rear end reaching there. I'm glad I stopped ordering hesari.

I'll care about the Sami when they stop voting Kepu. (A party that is largely complicit in loving them over :newlol:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Jerry Cotton posted:

I'll care about the Sami when they stop voting Kepu. (A party that is largely complicit in loving them over :newlol:)

I understand the sentiment, but misleading people is easy. Blaming them for voting for assholes isn't really productive. In my view anyway.