Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
psydude
Apr 1, 2008

EBB posted:

geez at least post the right version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIxOl1EraXA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTsg9i6lvqU

The parody of this scene in the new season of Archer was pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Casimir Radon posted:

Good enough for me
-Two Scoops

He is known to be afraid of stairs, I'm sure it would be plausible to him.

Unless that was something Jeffrey Lewis just make up for fun.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

He tripped and fell down a flight of car accidents.

After shooting himself twice in the back of the head.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

pretty sure its the same guy that was warned to keep his mouth shut if he wanted to live when they got back to KSA when he complained about doing it inside the consulate

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
he fell

down an empty elevator shaft

onto some bullets

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I know there's Saudi stuff happening, and imma let you finish, but Francis Scott Key fuckin sucks.

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums

Fister Roboto posted:

La Marseillaise is great, but then you get to the part about washing away the impure blood and you're all :yikes:

Reminds me of

https://politics.theonion.com/restoration-of-star-spangled-banner-uncovers-horrifying-1819594927

(skip to about 0:50 for the impatient)

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

mlmp08 posted:

https://twitter.com/asteadwesley/status/1053031737557753856?s=21

You can find a bunch of their donors on open secrets. Shocker: lots of old white people donating to black americans for the president’s agenda.

is that diamond and silk talking?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

How are people still screaming about presumption of innocence? He got exactly what he wanted! If he was presumed guilty he'd be in jail!

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009

Hot Karl Marx posted:

pretty sure its the same guy that was warned to keep his mouth shut if he wanted to live when they got back to KSA when he complained about doing it inside the consulate

Naw that was the team talking to the Consul after being told to take it (the mutilation) outside.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

shame on an IGA posted:

I know there's Saudi stuff happening, and imma let you finish, but Francis Scott Key fuckin sucks.

Relax he just wrote the lyrics.

The song is way older, designed to be a challenge to sing.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

DoktorLoken posted:

In words/meaning, for sure as it actually has words that are relatable to pretty much every western liberal democracy. Music wise though, nah the Soviet/Russian anthem wins.

Yeah I worded that wrong, Soviet is tops, l'internationale second (but probably first in lyrics)

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1053090214992842752

Hootin' and hollerin' in Montana

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

hobbesmaster posted:

Doesn't this require an act of congress.

*Looks at congress* Oh right nevermind thats not a problem. It'd be funny of all the wannabe confederates suddenly remember what that act was about though

They won't :ssh:

shame on an IGA posted:

I have no love of TSSB. I do like Battle Hymn of the Republic though and would vastly prefer it as the anthem. Comedy option is Solidarity Forever

We are so close to this fucko just murdering journalists I can feel it.

Oh, I haven't read the article but apparently Kelly and Bolton went at it or something?

Milo and POTUS fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Oct 19, 2018

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
the media deserves to be powerbombed through a table for giving non-stop coverage to a dude who literally advocates violence against them.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxiMrvDbq3s

He also knew about (Fred) Trump 60 years ago.

quote:

I suppose
Old Man Trump knows
Just how much
Racial Hate
he stirred up
In the bloodpot of human hearts
When he drawed
That color line
Here at his
Eighteen hundred family project

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Fister Roboto posted:

La Marseillaise is great, but then you get to the part about washing away the impure blood and you're all :yikes:

It is, but then again France is kind of the "I loving told u I was hardcore" of countries.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

It is, but then again France is kind of the "I loving told u I was hardcore" of countries.

peeps joining the french foreign legion (of whatever ethnicity nationality whatever) and getting injured can automatically apply for french citizenship "by virtue of spilled blood"

therefore, if you spill it for france it is pure now, goddamn it

(the mere fact that the french foreign legion exists is already p. badass)

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hh1QXhqXDbU

Old Man Trump
Words by Woody Guthrie, Music by Ryan Harvey
I suppose that Old Man Trump knows just how much racial hate
He stirred up in that bloodpot of human hearts
When he drawed that color line
Here at his Beach Haven family project

Beach Haven ain't my home!
No, I just can't pay this rent!
My money's down the drain,
And my soul is badly bent!
Beach Haven is Trump’s Tower
Where no black folks come to roam,
No, no, Old Man Trump!
Old Beach Haven ain't my home!

I'm calling out my welcome to you and your man both
Welcoming you here to Beach Haven
To love in any way you please and to have some kind of a decent place
To have your kids raised up in.

Beach Haven ain't my home!
No, I just can't pay this rent!
My money's down the drain,
And my soul is badly bent!
Beach Haven is Trump’s Tower
Where no black folks come to roam,
No, no, Old Man Trump!
Old Beach Haven ain't my home!

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Here's a current event, this is now a thing

:gritin:

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Huh, there it was again. The sound of sharp metal slicing through flesh and vertebrae in one clean pass. I keep hearing that every time I read a story about rich white Republicans for some reason.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Randy Newman's Sail Away is the most accurate US national anthem replacement candidate

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

The Revolution will not be televised. :gritin:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Shot:
https://twitter.com/mylesmill/status/1053091396951990272?s=21

Chaser:
https://twitter.com/mylesmill/status/1053109604891148288?s=21

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Hook that poo poo straight to my veins.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Tag yourself, I’m the 38 :laffo:

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Looking forward to every employer ever outside of under the table dishwasher googling his name and saying, "hard pass".

After the prison sentence of course.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/HotlineJosh/status/1053242355157950464?s=19

https://twitter.com/randygdub/status/796229362643152896?s=19

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010

EBB posted:

The Revolution will not be televised. :gritin:

:wrong:

http://i.imgur.com/essTNJs.gifv

a lovely revolution beamed right to the world.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Woodchip posted:

:wrong:

http://i.imgur.com/essTNJs.gifv

a lovely revolution beamed right to the world.

I can see the moment where each bottle opened in the day. That was a hangover for the ages.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

They're so dumb they might just do it too

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

lmao like 50% of the country didn't even vote but lets chase the 'dying of opiates and diabetes - racist' segment of the country instead of figuring out how to get nonvoters interested in coming out to support.

New Dem platform:

less political correctness, in support of abortions, no opinion whatsoever on health care, firm anti-gun policy

"why don't people come vote for us?"

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009

Milo and POTUS posted:

They're so dumb they might just do it too

They're just trying to widen their appeal, something like 84% of people polled about the current political situation said something stupid to the effect of "political correctness is a problem in this country".

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Immanentized posted:

They're just trying to widen their appeal, something like 84% of people polled about the current political situation said something stupid to the effect of "political correctness is a problem in this country".

The study in question, for those who don't know the poll he's talking about :

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2018/10/large-majorities-dislike-political-correctness/572581/

It went a good deal more in depth than just "PC bad?," though, and used a combination of interviews, polling, and focus groups. The study itself was commissioned and run by a progressive non-profit in the UK set up after that MP candidate was murdered.

Kind of an interesting read if you're into sociology.

psydude fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Oct 19, 2018

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I hear a lot about "PC" culture from all sorts of people, for as long as I've been a sociologist. It's almost universally hated but hardly anybody can even define it. It largely boils down to "I wish I could say whatever I want like I used to without any considerations for people around me, and without any repercussions at all"

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Vasudus posted:

I hear a lot about "PC" culture from all sorts of people, for as long as I've been a sociologist. It's almost universally hated but hardly anybody can even define it. It largely boils down to "I wish I could say whatever I want like I used to without any considerations for people around me, and without any repercussions at all"

Kind of like "Fake News!" and All Lives Matter it seems like the term has been conveniently coopted by the right to trivialize actual racism/sexism/whatever, while the rest of the country associates it with eye rolling complaints about prom dresses and yoga being cultural genocide.

Missing the point to own the libs is the cornerstone of conservative propaganda these days, and unfortunately it works.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Free speech means saying whatever you want without consequence apparently

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Milo and POTUS posted:

Free speech means saying whatever you want without consequence apparently

Unless kneeling during my goddamned fooootbaaaaaall!!

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

psydude posted:

Kind of like "Fake News!" and All Lives Matter it seems like the term has been conveniently coopted by the right to trivialize actual racism/sexism/whatever, while the rest of the country associates it with eye rolling complaints about prom dresses and yoga being cultural genocide.

Missing the point to own the libs is the cornerstone of conservative propaganda these days, and unfortunately it works.

My room mate has gone soft chud since the election, what with the listening to Jordan Peterson and that group of weirdos. His argument against "PC Culture" is, "words can't hurt you so why should you be punished for saying hurtful things?".:cripes:

edit: on a side note, we get into political discussions sometimes and I don't think he's a horrible rear end person. He's decently educated and doesn't hold much more than center right positions on things, but when it comes to foreign policy stuff he may as well be some weirdo far right chud who doesn't understand that literally sending in the troops for every foreign policy decision is dumb as hell.

Defenestrategy fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Oct 19, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Defenestrategy posted:

My room mate has gone soft chud since the election, what with the listening to Jordan Peterson and that group of weirdos. His argument against "PC Culture" is, "words can't hurt you so why should you be punished for saying hurtful things?".:cripes:

Any time he brings a romantic interest over use your words to ensure they immediately leave him amd then repeat that words can’t hurt one another.

• Locked thread