Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
Someone post that Hawkeye page, another great example of fluidity in comics panels

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Flesh Forge posted:

That's true, the animated version sacrifices a lot of detail that Murata renders.

Also,

if you need context to understand this or appreciate it, I pity you

I was thinking about it, Saitama has some spider-man bits on him. Never recognized from his acts, always broke and relying on sales to buy groceries, no one knows who he is because, despite fighting innumerable monsters over the years, he forgot to register at the Hero Association when he began, is in the lowest hero class despite all that, eventually is treated as a cheater and getting even less respect from his victories, is actually holding down his punches despite everything shown

Not much wisecracking, but there are definitely some details there.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

ZZZorcerer posted:

Someone post that Hawkeye page, another great example of fluidity in comics panels

also that Sienkiewicz Moon Knight page

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
What about the Fraction and Aja title that isn't Hawkeye

(Immortal Iron Fist #5)

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
This just makes me want to know more about Milo the cigarette dog.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
When he's not on panel, all the other characters should be asking "Where's Milo?'

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Why didn't they kiss

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

There is no rule against posting manga here. If you don't like manga then do like me since I also don't like manga and just ignore it instead of acting like a baby.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Jason Aaron's continued efforts to get Thor in the most ridiculous fights possible goes on in Thor #6: Old King Thor and a Phoenix-powered Wolverine are fighting to save the world from Doctor Doom, who has over the years stolen/captured a bunch of powers like the Iron Fist, a Spirit of Vengeance, the Star Brand, and the mantle of Sorcerer Supreme. Doom just hit Thor with a Penance Stare which did a real number on him.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

TwoPair posted:

Jason Aaron's continued efforts to get Thor in the most ridiculous fights possible goes on in Thor #6: Old King Thor and a Phoenix-powered Wolverine are fighting to save the world from Doctor Doom, who has over the years stolen/captured a bunch of powers like the Iron Fist, a Spirit of Vengeance, the Star Brand, and the mantle of Sorcerer Supreme. Doom just hit Thor with a Penance Stare which did a real number on him.

I dig it because this so easily sounds insufferable, but in execution it actually kind of works.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Thor's good, yo!

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Thor is at the point where even the recap page is more awesome than some books

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Flesh Forge posted:

Somebody did a few pages ago :shrug:

Kill Six Billion Demons: Allison knows kung fu

That's a closed fist.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Spoiler: They were nowhere near Canada.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

Samovar posted:

That's a closed fist.

It's still empty.

Although while we're here that guy was not crushed so much as punched into orbit, and we see no evidence of decietfulness on his part.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Maybe Empty Palm also crushes the non deceitful, did you think about that

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Empty palm is the style.

Nyeehg
Jul 14, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Is this series of Thor a continuation of Aarons God of Thunder? Either way it looks awesome and I can't wait to grab the collected edition.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Samuringa posted:

I was thinking about it, Saitama has some spider-man bits on him. Never recognized from his acts, always broke and relying on sales to buy groceries, no one knows who he is because, despite fighting innumerable monsters over the years, he forgot to register at the Hero Association when he began, is in the lowest hero class despite all that, eventually is treated as a cheater and getting even less respect from his victories, is actually holding down his punches despite everything shown

Not much wisecracking, but there are definitely some details there.

The OPM talk is good enough reason for me to repost my favorite badass moment.

Saitama is brought in for questioning because there's a bald guy going around brutally beating cops to death. The police chief doesn't think too highly of Saitama, especially after finding out he's part of the Hero Association because in his eyes, the Hero Association is made up of egomaniacs who are only in it for the glory. The police may not be as effective against bigger threats, but they do their job and don't make such a big deal of it.

The actual killer (a criminal who transformed into a monster) shows up at the police precinct and bullets have no effect on him. The police chief calls the head of the Hero Association for help, but that guy is a huge dick about it and relishes that the police need the Hero Association's aid.

In the next couple pages, we see that the head of the Hero Association sent a bunch of A-rank heroes and also made sure to alert the media. He wants everyone to see them save the police.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
The only bad thing about the anime is that we'll never see the side stories, which are often as good or better than the a plots

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
The Phantom daily comic book strip, and this requires a bit of backstory.

Heloise is the daughter of the current Phantom. She and her brother have trained since birth to be able to succeed their father in the family business (crime-busting). Her brother is now off in who-knows-where to train further, while she went off to the US for school.

The Nomad is a notorious international terrorist; no one knows who he really is, but the Phantom recently found out the Nomad's identity: Eric Sahara. Coincidentally, Kadia Sahara (the Nomad's daughter) is Heloise's roommate at her boarding school.

The Nomad comes to visit his daughter at school, and takes Kadia and Heloise out to dinner. While they're eating the Phantom phones his daughter, and reveals to her that Eric Sahara is the Nomad. Heloise briefly considers telling her dad that she's currently having dinner with the Nomad, but decides against it since the Phantom got badly hurt recently in a trap the Nomad had set for him. Heloise decides to take matters into her own hands.

Coincidentally, since Heloise's family is close friends with another of the Nomad's enemies (President Luanda of the Republic of Bangalla), the Nomad comes to the conclusion that Heloise is a spy, sent to keep tabs on Kadia Sahara, and so decides to kill her.

Stuff happens, the Nomad knocks out Heloise, and loads her into his private jet, intending to dump her into the Atlantic mid-flight. Then, as the plane is lining up for takeoff, Heloise wakes up. And the Nomad finds out just how badly he hosed up.

(With thanks to SA forums Johnny Walker, who's been posting The Phantom - and other strips - over in the Comic Strip Thread.)

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

I like how she beats the living poo poo out of him while complaining about how unfair it is :allears:

Motherfucker I got some 6 inch pumps with your name on them, also my phone, don't touch me

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!
Someone post the rad Spider Verse fanart Murata did.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

I like the skulls looking on like "dude this rules"

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Cuchulain posted:

Someone post the rad Spider Verse fanart Murata did.

Tag yourself, I'm the chubby Spider-Goon in the sweater and sweatpants combo.

Bonus Spider-Man: Homecoming fanart:

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

"But I cannot allow you to take off because I don't know how to land a jet!!" :allears:

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I'm pretty sure I read Spider-Verse but maybe I didn't because I don't remember fighter jets?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Adnor posted:

"But I cannot allow you to take off because I don't know how to land a jet!!" :allears:

I love that there is ZERO doubt in her mind he would be incapacitated and unable to land it.

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!

amigolupus posted:

Tag yourself, I'm the chubby Spider-Goon in the sweater and sweatpants combo.

Bonus Spider-Man: Homecoming fanart:

I'm the teeny tiny newspaper Spider-Man getting wrecked by a gently caress ton of bricks in the bottom left.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
The Spidey-EVA in the upper left corner has my attention :stare:

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

That’s SP//DR. Created by Gerard Way.

Savidudeosoo
Feb 12, 2016

Pelican, a Bag Man

Open Marriage Night posted:

That’s SP//DR. Created by Gerard Way.

God, I love that man and all his creations.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Spider-Ham posing for office workers!

Spectacular stuff.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Look out, it's manga !!

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Sentinel Red posted:

Spider-Ham posing for office workers!

Spectacular stuff.

Ham's complete inability to give a poo poo rocketed him so far up the charts in the list of best Spiders Men.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
SP//DR's cool but I don't see any Leopardon in that picture :colbert:

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
You'd think that Leopardon is the coolest thing about Sentai Spider-Man but it's actually that he calls himself The Emissary of Hell

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Leopardon rocked up in the first Spiderverse event

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Also this popped up on my feed the other day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8pYfCtNPzA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

As a bit of pop culture trivia. Leopardon heralded the era of Super Sentai shows having giant robots to control for the main heroes to pilot.