Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

Lightbulb Out posted:

I'm about to fly to Los Angeles and drive a 1995 BMW 318ti back to Iowa. Should be fun.

California top I assume.

I flew out to San Antonio to buy my $1 M3. I got it off an old neighbor that bought a then new 335i. Sight unseen. I didn't even know what color it was when I got there. Drove it back to PA and I've still got it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

User Error
Aug 31, 2006

Dang I really wish I could justify this.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Someone posted a mint looking Cherokee on NextDoor, 4.0 manual, stacks of maintenance, new tires. $2,500 and it was naturally gone in about an hour. Just missed it.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

User Error posted:

My immediate reaction was "this has to be a scam" but GIS never lies.

"no other images found" leads me to believe that its real.
All this thing needs is the roll bar/light bar and bumper and it's straight outta BTTF.

User Error
Aug 31, 2006
That was my reaction too but nothing in the text of the ad makes me suspicious, just the fact that it’s a clean 87 yota for a really good price. You can tell it does have a MO license plate as well.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

User Error posted:

Justification: It's worth $3000 easily. If you've got $3k and a place to park it, you could probably flip it pretty easily if you get sick of driving it.

Edit: Note that the ad doesn't say "runs good" or "transmission works in all gears" or "passes emissions" if that's relevant in your state, so there might be a reason it's cheap.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Cruising CL with the hybrid check on, I came across this gem "mated to a 2007 Ford Escape hybrid drivetrain. It is registered as a 59 Jag. The idea is to make an easy, everyday driver." Not really sure how easy it'll be with a seemingly missing front/interior, but... welp, here ya go!

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/cto/d/jaguar-mk-9-hybrid-hotrod/6717271852.html

Only registered members can see post attachments!

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)
I bought a Porsche off of eBay and flew and drove it. It was even more immaculate than it looked on the listing.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.
Does FB marketplace count

Joe Mama
May 10, 2008

User Error posted:

Jesus Christ. In CA I could flip that to a Mexican or a Tilted Brim Bro Dude for triple that.

i own every Bionicle
Oct 23, 2005

cstm ttle? kthxbye

Don Lapre posted:

Does FB marketplace count

Lmao bumper and hood and radiator

Sure bud

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

keykey posted:

Cruising CL with the hybrid check on, I came across this gem "mated to a 2007 Ford Escape hybrid drivetrain. It is registered as a 59 Jag. The idea is to make an easy, everyday driver." Not really sure how easy it'll be with a seemingly missing front/interior, but... welp, here ya go!

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/cto/d/jaguar-mk-9-hybrid-hotrod/6717271852.html

Custom tube chassis and it's still jacked up like a 4x4, and rear wheel not centered in the opening. Hmmm.
Also, since the lengthened the car and chopped the top, it's not going to just need an interior, it's going to need a custom interior. And glass. I mean, I guess it's a hot rod... ish thing, but they king of glossed over that.
Also, it's now FWD, and not a straight-6 or V8. Meh.

i own every Bionicle posted:

Sure bud

Well, I guess that would make it sorta drivable and hide the damage, but yeah, that's not "fixed" at all.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/538136546645351

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2159460244373838

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

Sure bud

FLY OUT, DRIVE IT HOME!

And post a thread about it as it happens.

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

edit:

ishikabibble fucked around with this message at 11:16 on Oct 13, 2018

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

I'm bud. AMA

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

How much do you enjoy getting your hands on and inside trannys?

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001
drat, this is some real gold right here. Check out that interior.
https://austin.craigslist.org/cto/d/1990-red-mazda-rx-7-good/6710041661.html

Tai-Pan fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Oct 18, 2018

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/248544239032882

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

A wedgie 80's space ship would be awesome

boxen
Feb 20, 2011
The only thing missing is "ran when parked".

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!
That has to be taking the piss. But I'm worried it's not, because if it were a joke, they would have thrown in "ran when parked."

Edit: the real ones have potato-quality photos of it in one piece in the garage, it only goes all end-of-Blues-Brothers after the buyer hamds over the cash.

Chillbro Baggins fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Oct 20, 2018

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Chillbro Baggins posted:

That has to be taking the piss. But I'm worried it's not, because if it were a joke, they would have thrown in "ran when parked."

Also, "no lowballers i know what i got"

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

"Will cost > $20k to even make into a car again, and will be worth less afterwards."

I like to think these are jokes but man some people are off their rocker.

hattersmad
Feb 21, 2015

In this style, 10/6
I love how a solid 1/3 of the ad text is dedicated to the fact that the rear glass will need to be replaced. Of all things.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

hattersmad posted:

I love how a solid 1/3 of the ad text is dedicated to the fact that the rear glass will need to be replaced. Of all things.

Yeah, the crack about the rear glass, being correct about what year and car it is, the fact the picture is decent, and nothing is misspelled points to it being a joke ad.

User Error
Aug 31, 2006

Nice K car, I'll give ya 2 grand.

For real read the ad, the dude is obsessive and it probably is the nicest K in existence.

User Error fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Oct 21, 2018

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

User Error posted:

nicest K in existence.

Knock a zero off the price and it'd be worth it.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

"Rare" and even "nice" doesn't mean jack if it's a rare nice thing no one wants.

That said, those are pretty neat cars for the time when they're the turbo model, and that one is in remarkable shape.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

My uncle had one when I was a kid. Can confirm they're rad cars. I thought it was the coolest thing.

Old Binsby
Jun 27, 2014

i think i saw one of these parked in Malle, Belgium too at a garage. Prob last week of July. I have the ‘tism one way or another but i remember only because this Subaru Saab LeBaron (we didn’t know the type) looked so weird and impractical that it automatically made it look cool.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
FB Market again

This is COOOOOL but not for $2100.

5sp Accord wagons are always awesome.

Edit: this sold 2 hours after it was posted.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Oct 30, 2018

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

Fo3 posted:

Yeah I hosed up a few $2000 cars that would be worth 60k now.
How much for a ford falcon?
https://www.lloydsonline.com.au/LotDetails.aspx?smode=0&aid=9947&lid=1583977&pgn=1&pgs=10
Only been up for a couple of days and already got a 320k bid. Will probably go over a million.

It's a bloody ford falcon sedan with stickers on it!

I forgot to check up on this but this old 4dr falcon with nothing that special about it (never officially certified a phase 4 - just built as such if they were to be ever released and complianced) sold for $2mil.
So you could build a 4dr XA for $30k easy as you don't even need the real plates (that don't exist). But why would you when you could buy a XA-XC GT falcon coupe as they were raced and won in Bathurst for about 200k if you needed one.

Makes euro car enthusiasts seem sane. Lots of dumb money in Australia.

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Nov 1, 2018

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

https://buffalo.craigslist.org/cto/d/1988-buick-lesabre-type/6726313148.html

Look at that friggen spoiler this car is awesome. Plus a jacket.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Those seats, my god. I don't think I'd ever be able to get out of the car.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I don't understand how that car drove 188k miles to have the seats still look like that.

i own every Bionicle
Oct 23, 2005

cstm ttle? kthxbye
T type is just basically appearance right? Not turbo?

In any case that car looks incredible and is well worth it for 3500 bucks. So cool to see a rare, if somewhat lame, car in great shape like that where the owner doesn’t want 30k for it. Would be a totally awesome experience to cruise around in it and sip Crystal Light

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

T type is just basically appearance right? Not turbo?

Yep, the (RWD) Regals were the only Turbo T's. There were Century and Skyhawk T-Types too.

E: Nope, I'm wrong. The Skyhawk T-Type used the 2.0 Turbo from the Sunbird GT.

Dagen H fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Nov 2, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Dagen H posted:

Yep, the (RWD) Regals were the only Turbo T's. There were Century and Skyhawk T-Types too.

E: Nope, I'm wrong. The Skyhawk T-Type used the 2.0 Turbo from the Sunbird GT.

I really want a gray Regal T-Type with bench front seat and column shift.

:getin: