Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
I'm at the start of the 5th episode now. Just sort of hit play a few hours ago and took some breaks.

-The pacing is a problem again. Unless the later half of episodes are morbidly obese with content, this also should have been 8-10 episodes.
-Marci isn't a shrill extra anymore. It's weird, but hopefully she shows up more since it builds up Foggy too.
-Liking the fight choreography.

Typed this really slowly because I'm watching. I think the machinations for the season are almost set up, but it's pretty absurd that 4.5 hours in and they're still working to establish everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Andrigaar posted:

-The pacing is a problem again. Unless the later half of episodes are morbidly obese with content, this also should have been 8-10 episodes.

Jesus, take the wheel.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
For all its faults it is strangely compelling. I can't stop watching it. I kinda like it despite how goofy it is in places but I can forgive that because it's a comic book show. I look forward to bitching about it in days to come.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Lurdiak posted:

Jesus, take the wheel.

HE HASN'T EVEN FINISHED IT YET

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Are we expecting the nun to be Matt's mother I'm on episode 5 and it's tingling my spidey sense.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Rocksicles posted:

Are we expecting the nun to be Matt's mother I'm on episode 5 and it's tingling my spidey sense.

That's how it was in the comics. The ending of The Defenders is a direct hint to that.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
I skipped to the last scene of the season for some reason (I’ll still watch the whole thing, don’t worry), and apparently Marvel Television had the rights to Lady Deathstrike, or at least her father, even before the Fox deal went through? weird

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Haven't watched any of season 3 but why don't they just make the seasons with fewer episodes? Is there some future syndication deal they're working towards that licensed per-episode or something? It's all Netflix's money and it's not like they get something financial out of customers watching more episodes.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Timby posted:

That's how it was in the comics. The ending of The Defenders is a direct hint to that.

refresh my memory?

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

qirex posted:

Haven't watched any of season 3 but why don't they just make the seasons with fewer episodes? Is there some future syndication deal they're working towards that licensed per-episode or something? It's all Netflix's money and it's not like they get something financial out of customers watching more episodes.

I think it’s a Marvel requirement.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Rocksicles posted:

refresh my memory?

Maggie Murdock became a nun after leaving her husband, taking the name Sister Maggie Grace. The end of The Defenders has the nuns calling for Sister Maggie..

Timby fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Oct 19, 2018

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Do Foggy and Karen still whine about Matt being Daredevil?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Timby posted:

Maggie Murdock became a nun after leaving her husband, taking the name Sister Maggie Grace. The end of The Defenders has the nuns calling for Sister Maggie..

Cool, i didn't know any of that

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I'm ten seconds into this season, what the gently caress kind of drain system takes you upwards to the surface from a billion miles below the earth?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

BrianWilly posted:

I'm ten seconds into this season, what the gently caress kind of drain system takes you upwards to the surface from a billion miles below the earth?

Water finds a way under pressure. It's a thing.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

The Bullseye stuff I'm really enjoying.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Episode 3 was an amazing episode.

Kingpin talking to Daredevil in his head was so good.

Pingiivi
Mar 26, 2010

Straight into the iris!
The episode 4 prison stuff was pretty dope. I'd like to see a behind the scenes thing of that one.

chombo
Sep 11, 2001

Wouldn't be a season of Daredevil without another spin on the hallway fight, but better.

I'm almost finished and I'm glad I didn't read any reviews that colored this either way. It's pretty fuckin' great.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Don't just use random neti pots you find in basements folks

Bananaquiter
Aug 20, 2008

Ron's not here.

Four episodes in and prison riots are fine, but Bullseye's disappointment with the way Fisk eats that burger was tops.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

zoux posted:

Don't just use random neti pots you find in basements folks

But then how will I unlock my true fighting potential

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

First two episodes are definitely slow, but I think they're justified. The show needed a chance not just to check up with every character but really reset their arcs after the clusterfuck that was season 2.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I just finished the first episode and I think that was probably Charlie's best acting performance of the series so far. A definite change in the feel of the character.

Oh is the Karen/Matt conversation that happens in flashback new or from last season?

zoux fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Oct 19, 2018

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
The episode four 11 minute one-shot fight/escape scene was tremendous. I was going to give them credit for hiding the cuts well, but it turns out they apparently didn't need them. They managed it all in one take after a couple of tries. I noticed when Charlie switched out with his stunt double a bit off camera, but they hid that really well too.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
Ooohoo, episode 6 was badass too. Bullseye fucks up people wholesale. It's really entertaining to watch him do his thing.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Episode 9 has a strong loving start. This season has been so good.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

DDs3: 2 episodes in and it's fine, just slow

https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1053471636744097792

:rip:

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Netflix dropping bodies left right and center.

Arcon
Jul 24, 2013
So much for Heroes for Hire (at least on Netflix) :rip:

Daredevil S3 was pretty good for the formula theyve set up; the Karen almost-a-bottle episode was pretty good

I would not be shocked at all if Disney is flexing its muscle to pull things like a HfH series onto the Disney Play service (which still should have been called the Disney Vault). They implied as much when Iron Fist died so Im not really shocked Luke Cage gets pulled too. I guess the whole group is up for grabs now? Disney is definitely trying to get its toys back. Hopefully they dont reboot everything, I like the castings.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Hulu taking over?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Rocksicles posted:

Hulu taking over?

Doubtful. If anything any new or revived Marvel shows will be on the new Disney service when it launches.

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

:siren:
VOTE BLUE NO MATTER WHO!!!
:siren:
Luke Cage ends his show king of Harlem, a happy ending :unsmith:

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Well that's just unexpected.

Merge the two and make this Heroes for Hire from the ashes?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Andrigaar posted:

Well that's just unexpected.

Merge the two and make this Heroes for Hire from the ashes?

That’s what I’m hoping. Moving it to self-contained episodes (or perhaps two-parters at most) and lightening the tone would be perfect for a HfH/Daughters show.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Proteus Jones posted:

Doubtful. If anything any new or revived Marvel shows will be on the new Disney service when it launches.

No R-rated or equivalent content on the Disney streaming service, they’ve said, so a revival might be more likely on Hulu.

I really doubt these cancellations have anything to do with Disney trying to sabotage their own deal with Netflix, as my understanding is that that sort of thing is pretty rare and that broadcaster/studio deals are weighted pretty heavily towards the former’s ability to renew. though if by some chance that’s the case, I’m sure Variety or THR or the like will report it soon enough

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
A: Loving DD S3 so far. Halfway through Episode 5.

B: Heroes For Hire is definitely happening at this point, using cobbled-together portions of Iron Cage and Luke Fist seasons 3.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

This season was excellent. Two very good villains, and some top notch fight scenes.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Foggy drags down any scene he is in. I can't tell if it's bad acting or bad writing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
You want to see some bad acting, that girl that Bullseye stalks has some god awful moments