Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Psst:

FRG

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

Yeah that's what us single enlisted want to do to the leadership every time we had to do some "family" event instead of be left the gently caress alone on the weekend so they can gently caress up and start their own.

Bird Foot Bathtub isn't kidding about the seething hatred and plotting homicides. Note homicides, because its a justifiable killing

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
If your unit plans the “fun” day for the weekend instead of a day off of regular work, you’re in a bad unit, even by army standards.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

mlmp08 posted:

If your unit plans the “fun” day for the weekend instead of a day off of regular work, you’re in a bad unit, even by army standards.

Family Day during a guard drill was all the single soldiers hiding and waiting for word they could go so they could scatter before they got caught in a cleanup detail.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
I think my favorite org/family day was on a Friday. A grand total of maybe 4 enlisted soldiers had a real task: 2 for bringing water and 2 medics told to bring their aid bags, but didn’t have to wear them.

Commander’s guidance was no one was allowed to task soldiers beyond that and games consisted of “bring what you want to do,” so a bunch of people went fishing, the international exchange guys got a soccer game going, and there was frisbee, cornhole, and someone brought a bunch of “occupy little kids” type games he already owned.

Doggos were very welcome. And some brought other pets like I think a parrot was there and maybe a cat in a harness.

Captains, staff officers, and Command team served lunch.

It started at 9 and food service was over by about 12:30 or 1:00 and then we got to leave for the day. Safety brief was “you’re getting off work early; be adults and don’t gently caress this up.” This also signaled that the dudes fishing could start cracking beers.

Time and monetary cost to unit: almost nothing.

People who want to turn fun or stress relief times into massive planning bullshit are the worst.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
The day prior is another, different mandatory fun day scheduled on a post DONSA. So it's a 3 day weekend with 2 social events on 2 different days.

Gotta find some way to legitimately get out of both. Hmmmm, cousins wedding?

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Mustang posted:

The day prior is another, different mandatory fun day scheduled on a post DONSA. So it's a 3 day weekend with 2 social events on 2 different days.

Gotta find some way to legitimately get out of both. Hmmmm, cousins wedding?

Too high and need to go to rehab

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Food poisoning from Safeway chicken

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

Also, our HHC Commander is such a pain in the rear end. He made his own company OPORD derived from an OPORD that we, the staff, created. What? He's insane if he thinks I'm sticking around for that.

Sometimes I think he doesn't realize that the staff works for the BN XO, not him. All I want from him is to tell me my MEDPROS is red or my weapons qual is out of date.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006
I was a HHC Commander. My life was PT tests, Medpros, ranges, 350-1 requirements, Awards, and Evals. I did one 15 minute huddle with the staff NCOICs after Monday formation where I handed out a updated sheet with the most recent calendar and due outs for the above stuff. NCOs seemed to like it.

There was a few months where I did more, but that was because our BC was forward and we didn’t have an S3, so I became the defacto BN XO while the XO acted as the BC, and also helped the AS3 because they panicked and stopped doing anything.

iKon
Oct 4, 2000

CAN'T TEST
WON'T TEST
If you are not extremely chill as an HHC commander you’re going to have a bad time.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

Mustang posted:

It's awesome when your unit plans a huge family and kid oriented event on a Saturday and then orders a group of soldiers that are most likely not to have families or kids to provide the labor to set it up and execute it.

Gee, can’t understand why Joe keeps marrying strippers and land whales.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

Two weeks in the field and we get back on a Monday just in time to work the rest of the week.

Whoever laid this bullshit on is god damned rear end in a top hat.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Mustang posted:

Two weeks in the field and we get back on a Monday just in time to work the rest of the week.

Whoever laid this bullshit on is god damned rear end in a top hat.

Sir, you've always been the caretaker...

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

We got pulled out of our three week op a week early just to work through the rest of the week and now through this weekend because our trucks are all broke, the mechanics are still in the field, and we have no parts or POLs

Our squadron were the only ones pulled out, two whole brigades are still out there. I can’t decide who’s getting hosed more.

Glad I didn’t have any plans the past two days :mad:

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

Week two at Benning is done. Never thought I’d be a captain pulling CQ at this point in my life but here I am. I’ve been out for a while so I’m finding everything pretty fun. Yes, I know I’m not normal.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
On an Army bus back home from Edelweiss Resort and in the bus there is a ”FuckTrump” wifi signal.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

The Army is awful at time management. My experience in the Army has pretty much taught me exactly what not to do once I get out.

Somehow everyone is completely bewildered that a BDE training exercise a week after all the BNs finish their own training exercises is hosed up.

What is recovery?

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
The enemy won't give you time to recover, why should your command?

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
Train like you fight.

Fight your command.

Ashmole
Oct 5, 2008

This wish was granted by Former DILF
Sustainable readiness will be our downfall. We'll destroy all of our vehicles and ruin our retention rate just so we can be green on a tracker

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!
I'm convinced we'd get our poo poo pushed in if we ever got into a real DA fight and if Bolton gets his way we'll get there eventually.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Triggs posted:

I'm convinced we'd get our poo poo pushed in if we ever got into a real DA fight and if Bolton gets his way we'll get there eventually.

Have you seen the other nations armies?

We're a clown car. But at least we have clowns that know how to make balloon animals. And a clown car that runs. (i'm terrible at this)

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

spacetoaster posted:

Have you seen the other nations armies?

We're a clown car. But at least we have clowns that know how to make balloon animals. And a clown car that runs. (i'm terrible at this)

We are the driver on the short bus that is warfare.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Thank goodness that war is graded on a curve.

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

Most powerful weapon, operated by stupidest person

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Jaguars! posted:

A mouth?

movax
Aug 30, 2008

Jaguars! posted:

Twitter

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

The United States Army

Valtonen
May 13, 2014

Tanks still suck but you don't gotta hand it to the Axis either.

Ashmole posted:

Sustainable readiness will be our downfall. We'll destroy all of our vehicles and ruin our retention rate just so we can be green on a tracker

Well, Good news is that 2020 onwards when the current fleet has been obliterated (was gonna say decimated but that would imply just 10% losses) by it we might get new vehicles and defense industry makes a shitton If money for rich investors.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
From the drill letter:

SUPPLY: If any Soldier didn't secure there OCIE last month but instead left out on the drill floor SPC Troop has a statement of charges for you maybe next time OCIE will not be left unsecure.
Please see attachment on Soldiers who have clothing or OCIE...

Nice job National Guard. "You didn't lock your stuff up in our secure armory, so we're gonna make you pay for it." :thumbsup:

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Heading back to Ft. Hunter Liggett for our pre-deployment certification field problem. Last time our battalion was there the instructors set a hill on fire, maybe this time we finish the job.

Keeping with our SOP I am once again under evaluation going to do a job I have no training on while the one I was in the work up cycle for has someone random thrown in to it

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

its curtains for Kevin posted:

From the drill letter:

SUPPLY: If any Soldier didn't secure there OCIE last month but instead left out on the drill floor SPC Troop has a statement of charges for you maybe next time OCIE will not be left unsecure.
Please see attachment on Soldiers who have clothing or OCIE...

Nice job National Guard. "You didn't lock your stuff up in our secure armory, so we're gonna make you pay for it." :thumbsup:

If some dipshit left their poo poo on the drill hall floor, that ain't loving secured; it's not like its a loving locked room.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

What? Statement of charges for property that isn't lost? Did they find it and throw it away?

The statement of charges angle doesn't make any sense to me.

Don't agree to the statement of charges and force it to become a FLIPL making more work for many more people and potentially not paying a dime.

After spending over a month training on a NG installation there's a lot that the NG does that doesn't make any sense to me.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

Wasabi the J posted:

If some dipshit left their poo poo on the drill hall floor, that ain't loving secured; it's not like its a loving locked room.

I agree with you, but the response to stuff being given a statement of charges when it wasn't even lost to 'teach someone a lesson' is loving retarded. Why not just give them a counseling? Or pushups.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
If they gave me a statement of charges I'd call the MPs to report a theft. Prime suspects being the people who gave me the statement of charges because they saw it, knew whose it was, and knew that it went missing.

You can waste me time but I'm gonna waste yours.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

not caring here posted:

If they gave me a statement of charges I'd call the MPs to report a theft. Prime suspects being the people who gave me the statement of charges because they saw it, knew whose it was, and knew that it went missing.

No MPs to call at most armories, state police on the other hand....

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

not caring here posted:

So you're pissed because you couldn't be assed to keep accountability of your own gear?

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Nope. Throwing out a statement of charges is a hard core dick move when nothing is actually missing. It's also dishonest, fraudulent, and if it's an official document I'd dare say it's illegal.

You can pick any punishment in the world, yet they burn up all that time to be the biggest dicks they possibly can. Showing everyone that leadership lives just to gently caress them.

But if that's your expectations on what should happen, then by all means, carry on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

I'm fairly certain that between giving a statement of charges for gear that isn't lost or tossing the gear that that command team is doing something illegal.

Just refuse the statement of charges, force the FLIPL, and then they will eventually regret ever doing it in the first place as their BN XO and CO become aware of what they're doing. Plus Legal when they review the IOs findings.