Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rabbi Tupac
Jan 1, 2010

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Lucio is also not a bad pick against him. You can pretty easily kite him and the boop is great for interrupting. I know I had some trouble against one. We still won but that had more to do with them not capturing shrines on Towers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope

BrianBoitano posted:

I'm guessing your opponents didn't use the HP swapping ult very well?

You guess correctly in the first game. He kept swapping with literally anybody but us. The second game he did better, but there's only so much time you can live at low health when Cho decides you need to die. Between silence bomb and smart focus he just melted too fast.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
I don't mind him power level, but the game really, really is falling into a pit of 'hyper-mobility or suck' and it makes bothering to have good positioning/movement less valuable, which I can't stand.
When you have a love for traditional casters with combos like KTZ, this is a fairly sad place to be.

(Though gently caress Cromie forever, who is basically that only without any of the aiming or timing required.)

Rabbi Tupac
Jan 1, 2010

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Trip report, Mal'Ganis still real fun but can def be countered with good picks.

Also Garden of Terror still bad and Cho'Gall still loving terrible.

Edit: The Cho'Gall was my team.

Rabbi Tupac fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Oct 18, 2018

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Rabbi Tupac posted:

Trip report, Mal'Ganis still real fun but can def be countered with good picks.

Also Garden of Terror still bad and Cho'Gall still loving terrible.

Edit: The Cho'Gall was my team.

I actualy don't mind the new garden, it seems an improvement over the old one, though I'm sad that Warhead Junction is back in the rotation.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Shockeh posted:

I don't mind him power level, but the game really, really is falling into a pit of 'hyper-mobility or suck' and it makes bothering to have good positioning/movement less valuable, which I can't stand.
When you have a love for traditional casters with combos like KTZ, this is a fairly sad place to be.

(Though gently caress Cromie forever, who is basically that only without any of the aiming or timing required.)

Kaelthas, Jaina, and guldan are all staples at master,

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Fair response really; I'm probably biased specifically over KTZ, as I love playing him so much but given he doesn't even get Ice Block, you just get to die if you miss a Chain.

(I'd argue all 3 of those make up for their lack of mobility by having 'reliability' baked into their nukes.)

Camel Camus
Jun 16, 2009

Mais, non, je suis fantastique!

Not Malganis related but I've been playing Ana into Alex picks and jesus it's insane how brutally you can shut her down with grenades on her w's and sleep when she dragons.

I've had a couple of games with like Raynor or Zul where I thought Eye would be better than Nanoboost but decided against it. Is it worth it with AA heroes?

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Instantly boost an allied Hero, restoring 200 Mana. For the next 8 seconds, they gain 30% Spell Power and their Basic Ability cooldowns recharge 150% faster.

Spell power and CDR is good for Zul'jin, less so for Jimmy.

Dire Human
Feb 1, 2013

AH-HA! That's right...

Who's laughing now?

Who's laughing now?

Camel Camus posted:

Not Malganis related but I've been playing Ana into Alex picks and jesus it's insane how brutally you can shut her down with grenades on her w's and sleep when she dragons.

the natural predator of the mom: the grandma

Sassy Sasquatch
Feb 28, 2013

Camel Camus posted:

I've had a couple of games with like Raynor or Zul where I thought Eye would be better than Nanoboost but decided against it. Is it worth it with AA heroes?

When I don’t have a mage to nanoboost I usually boost the tank. More survivability for them (meaning more heals for the damage dealers), more CC, in the end it helps your backline about as much.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!

Dire Human posted:

the natural predator of the mom: the grandma

Grei Skuring
Sep 12, 2011

:norway::thumbsup:
Eye works great in mid-game laning phases. You can stay mid and potentially add fatal damage to overextending or misplaying enemies (or alleviate friendlies doing the same. Kinda like a mephisto ult, or an aba hat in that regard. The only requirement is that you keep an eye on the minimap.
Generally, I pick eye if I play solo, as it doesn't require precise timing or communication.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
I'd pick eye more often but without fail every time I've picked eye someone on my team has had a complete meltdown about it and afk'd the rest of the match

Grei Skuring
Sep 12, 2011

:norway::thumbsup:
Yeah.. Then again, that person would probably go nuts if you applied it when you saw fit, too.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Is there a way to make it so that when you have eye up you can still click around the minimap?

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

ChickenHeart posted:

I'm bummed the Halloween stuff is already gone; we're barely halfway through October!

It's weird the Halloween event didn't last through Halloween.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Had a match yesterday as genji where ana kept nanoboosting me when the whole enemy team was behind their totally intact walls. Like every time she dumped it on me when I couldn't do anything.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

appropriatemetaphor posted:

Had a match yesterday as genji where ana kept nanoboosting me when the whole enemy team was behind their totally intact walls. Like every time she dumped it on me when I couldn't do anything.

Yeah but were you low on mana hmm?

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

BrianBoitano posted:

Yeah but were you low on mana hmm?

World's most expensive enervate.

And what's with the HL/TL queues? Sat in HL queue for 500 sec before I quit, now solo in TL for uh 300 and counting.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

Who beats Malth in top lane on Braxis? Fenix was banned and they had a zeratul

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

Junkrat?

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
His name is Jimmy and he will shoot the aspect of death.

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

Rexxar, Dehaka?

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
Zagara maybe.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

I NEED that amazingly gay horse-goat they're teasing on the patch highlights thing, kind of hoping they're gonna be the new "You bought some funbux" mount and not the new gold one.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Played some Ana because I had OW and Support quest. Nana boosting Kerrigan is still a professional move for professional players. We won the game during the enemy's curse. There should be some kind of achievement for that.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Ana is very very good in this game.

I can confirm that antibio grenading big alexstrasza circles in criminally hilarious

Sassy Sasquatch
Feb 28, 2013

Ignite Memories posted:

Ana is very very good in this game.

I can confirm that antibio grenading big alexstrasza circles in criminally hilarious

It also wrecks Auriel pretty bad. Just throw your grenade on a critical target when you see that bright yellow bar filled up and reap some tears. :getin:

Too bad Rehgar is out of the meta at the moment.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Hey, can you guys suggest a good assassin hero? I have been playing a while now but, all roles considered, assassins are the one that stumps me the most and I would like to practice with one that allows you to really "get" the feel of the role. Thanks in advance :)

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I've heard Greymane is a good one to learn Assassin mechanics with.

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib
I think you at least want to learn a melee as well as a mage assassin since they play quite differently. For melees Graymane is good, as noted, and I also like Ragnaros. KT and Li-Ming are good mages to learn. And maybe Fenix and Raynor for ranged ones.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
GM isn't in the best spot right now, plus he's got a really high skill ceiling. I'd just start with a guy like Jimmy, ZJ, or Cassia and just really work on your positioning.

e: Not that GM is terrible, but the learning curve is gonna be steep if you are bad at assassins in general.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
there's no reason to bother trying to learn to play the "melee assassin" role, they all play very differently.

Q build Cassia is extremely easy to play, underpicked, and pretty op if nobody else jumps out at you. Otherwise just play the heroes you think look op.

Valla has the most intuitive feeling abilities imo if you just want an intro.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Oct 19, 2018

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on
I've got a tech problem with Heroes and only Heroes and maybe someone in here is familiar.

I don't seem to be able to get 64 bit to work. I had it happen on a random patch several months ago and I fixed it by switching to 32 bit. They removed that on Tuesday though so yeah I can't play currently.

What happens is the game launches, it gets past authentication and everything and then it gets to the current splash screen or whatever. My quests and everything are visible, but after about two seconds the sound cuts out and then the game closes straight to desktop no error.

Last time it did this I tried everything I could think of. I reinstalled, cleaned registry, completely wiped Nvidia and reinstalled drivers, changed install location, reset in game settings, etc.

Google isn't giving me much at all so it seems pretty rare. Only fix I found that worked was knocking it down to 32 bit.

I have a pretty new rig. GPU is a 980 ti and everything else is about that level but I'm at work and can't check. My last ditch effort will be a factory reset if I even care enough to do it.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

dead comedy forums posted:

Hey, can you guys suggest a good assassin hero? I have been playing a while now but, all roles considered, assassins are the one that stumps me the most and I would like to practice with one that allows you to really "get" the feel of the role. Thanks in advance :)

Murky

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Alarak.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Sassy Sasquatch posted:

It also wrecks Auriel pretty bad. Just throw your grenade on a critical target when you see that bright yellow bar filled up and reap some tears. :getin:

Too bad Rehgar is out of the meta at the moment.

Does hitting Mal'Ganis with the healing grenade prevent him from swapping health bars with someone? I mean I know it'll still lower the target's health bar but it should prevent him from gaining the health in return, right? That seems like it could be pretty fun.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Yeah Ana destroys malg pretty hard in general.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
Ana is also an incredibly powerful partner for Malg. Double sleep is very cheap and grenade makes him a beast.