Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

Don't remember where on the forums I got the original. Quick & Dirty is the way to go.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Samuringa posted:

Nobody asked for it, but here are the originals of some paintings that people frequently turn into memes:

If he miracled-up a belt he wouldn't have to keep holding his robe up everywhere he went.

Caufman
May 7, 2007
It's an urban fashion statement. The Devil is telling him the same thing.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I like how small the dicks are in classical art.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Spanish Manlove posted:

"I have the physique of a Greek god"

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

The Bloop posted:

"I have the physique of a Greek god"
Zeus' escapades were entirely fueled by his insecurity.

Lotron
Aug 15, 2006

Still clownin'

Spanish Manlove posted:

My favorite theory on that is that the artists used to draw them normal-sized, but kings and royalty types all had tiny hosed up dicks from all the inbreeding, so they would get all flushed and huffy whenever they walked in to see a painting and the dick was normal.

After the first few artists were thrown in the dungeon, the art community as a whole decided as a cardinal rule, 'never draw a dick that's bigger than the king's.'

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Lotron posted:

My favorite theory on that is that the artists used to draw them normal-sized, but kings and royalty types all had tiny hosed up dicks from all the inbreeding, so they would get all flushed and huffy whenever they walked in to see a painting and the dick was normal.

After the first few artists were thrown in the dungeon, the art community as a whole decided as a cardinal rule, 'never draw a dick that's bigger than the king's.'

If that was true then all the pictures we have of kings would prominently feature bulbous wangs and pendulous balls.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
That's treason Johnny.

Brewmaster
Dec 10, 2007

Hi! I'm awkward.
Tiny dicks is definitely the classical style. I seem to remember that they were portrayed that way because it was seen as being classier, like having soft hands and a pale fat body was a sign that you were upper class (goon heaven, anyone?).

But can you even imagine if the style was the opposite? All these classical photos of like angels and greek legends, packing enormous dongs. Huge schlongs down to their knees. Trips to the museum would be very different, to say the least.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Actually the brand is called "Tombstone".

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Brewmaster posted:

Tiny dicks is definitely the classical style. I seem to remember that they were portrayed that way because it was seen as being classier, like having soft hands and a pale fat body was a sign that you were upper class (goon heaven, anyone?).

But can you even imagine if the style was the opposite? All these classical photos of like angels and greek legends, packing enormous dongs. Huge schlongs down to their knees. Trips to the museum would be very different, to say the least.

Having a big dick was seen as being barbaric and uncultured, and made you useful only for fighting and loving.

So probably a lot of cuckoldery fetishes among classical artists, is what I'm getting at.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

It's been a long time, but I took art history and they said small dicks were considered preferable because "savages" had bigger dicks and the bigger the dick, the more animalistic and primitive you were. So every historical and mythical figure who was revered by the 'enlightened' was portrayed with tiny dicks.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
so still rooted in dick size insecurity, it was just cultural in origin rather than specifically because of royals' egos

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Picnic Princess posted:

It's been a long time, but I took art history and they said small dicks were considered preferable because "savages" had bigger dicks and the bigger the dick, the more animalistic and primitive you were. So every historical and mythical figure who was revered by the 'enlightened' was portrayed with tiny dicks.

Who What Now posted:

Having a big dick was seen as being barbaric and uncultured, and made you useful only for fighting and loving.

yep.

Here is a fresco of Priapus, one of the Greek gods of fertility:

:nws:
https://i.imgur.com/xvUcXwn.jpg

He was portrayed as a rude, boorish oaf and his perpetual enormous erection was considered grotesque.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
I'm gonna post a Greek Herm since they always make me laugh

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipe..._Munich_292.jpg

Just a face and a tiny dick

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

dude just gets straight to the point; here's everything you need to know about me.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
https://twitter.com/mlle_elle/status/1053300484763799559?s=21

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
You know it was just one guy with a really tiny dick that was good at public speaking that convinced everyone of this.

That's literally the story of all of human history.

lmao

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

The Glumslinger posted:

ok that rules.

Caufman
May 7, 2007

The Glumslinger posted:

I remember these from Spartacus Blood and Sand. Now that show was enlightened.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

That poor, unfortunate soul.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1053390822991790083

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

watch musk crash his stock again going after the fortnite money making machine

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

did he lay off the speed and start getting sleep again cuz this is sort of funny and self aware

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica
oc do not steel

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
:lol: at ancient civilizations being so insecure about their little dicks that they have to demonize having a big dick.

Why are men such gigantic, sensitive pissbabies?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Zipperelli. posted:

:lol: at ancient civilizations being so insecure about their little dicks that they have to demonize having a big dick.

Why are men such gigantic, sensitive pissbabies?

History is basically just a long story about insecure dudes

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

:corsair: same but NES

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Same but the AA batteries.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Same but the poopknife

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

https://twitter.com/RussianMemesLtd/status/1053570013825826817

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Ah, Crimea memes.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Also the South Ossetia, Abkhazia, Luhansk and Donetsk meme

You know the Russians maybe like this meme a little too much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.