Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Quavers posted:

https://www.twitch.tv/wtfosaurus is seriously considering getting one :ughh:

He's actually not, I know hard to believe.

At least not right away

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Beet Goblin posted:

Of course he is lmfao.

So.... I should get one right?

Just wait to earn it in-game. Only 5000 hours of box deliveries to go!

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%

Beet Goblin posted:

Of course he is lmfao.

So.... I should get one right?

You are only wave 7.
They might not have enough.
But it's probably not all it is kraked up to be.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Time for hand waving and promises!

Q&A Drake Kraken

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/engineering/16813-Q-A-Drake-Kraken

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

:eyepop:

e:

His hangar of ships is only worth $1k

He's gifted away $16k+ of ships to viewers :psypop:

Quavers fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Oct 20, 2018

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

What a rube.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Sarsapariller posted:

Just wait to earn it in-game. Only 5000 hours of box deliveries to go!

Far, far more than that.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Star Citizen grind is gonna make KMMORPGs blush.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Of all the brain dead mouth breathing rubes, I like him the least. Which is kinda sayin something

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Fidelitious
Apr 17, 2018

MY BIRTH CRY WILL BE THE SOUND OF EVERY WALLET ON THIS PLANET OPENING IN UNISON.
I wonder if these guys are spending their retirements on imaginary spaceships or if they really just have that much disposable cash around.

My income would probably be considered high by most people, but it's not crazy high and I would never even consider spending $1,000 on a game. Never mind $18,000.
I may retire at 45, but is it worth it if I don't have a Kraken?

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Beet Goblin posted:

Of all the brain dead mouth breathing tubes, I like him the least. Which is kinda sayin something

Nah. When you witness someone trying to sexually assault someone, you tend to instantly dislike them.

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT
I voted in that one poll that yes, you should pull the trigger on a 1.4k spaceship picture. We should all be encouraging "supporting" star citizen.

dogsupremacy
Dec 3, 2012
whats the deal with the kraken announced during citcon? i tried to go back pages but i refuse to wade through a dozen pages of boob chat

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

That's quite a load you got in them diapers

dogsupremacy posted:

whats the deal with the kraken announced during citcon? i tried to go back pages but i refuse to wade through a dozen pages of boob chat

Post boobs

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

Xaerael posted:

Nah. When you witness someone trying to sexually assault someone, you tend to instantly dislike them.

While being recorded, on video, being streamed. Takes a special one indeed.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Coke-Fueled Dreams posted:

What happens to the landed/hangar-landed ships if the Kraken pilot logs off/is disconnected? And what will happen when the owners of the landed ships log off? Do their ships persist until the Kraken is despawned, or is the pad free for another one to land on?

The Kraken will follow the same rule-set as the persistent bed log off system we current have in game, if the owner of the Kraken logs off and there are no other players on-board, then it will be despawned. If there are still players on-board, then the Kraken and ships on-board will persist. If a player lands their ship on a Kraken, then proceeds to log off, their ship will persist with the Kraken until the point the Kraken is despawned or destroyed, at which point if the player then rejoins they will either have it respawn at the point the Kraken was or have to reclaim it in the event it was destroyed.

This sounds like a complete disaster.

dogsupremacy
Dec 3, 2012

(.)(.) real talk tho how many thousands of dollars did it end up being? and what was the deal with the asking to purchase it

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Lol how the gently caress is that gonna work.

Question: if I refuse to log off until after the guy who owns the kraken I’m on, and then immediately fly it into the sun or whatever, does he have an insurance timer when he logs on next?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

It's hilarious to me that I think this feels like a low price for a fake spaceship in a fake video game. Star Citizen has broken my brain too.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/CliffordakaMiku/status/1053425957242130437

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Beet Goblin posted:

Question: if I refuse to log off until after the guy who owns the kraken I’m on, and then immediately fly it into the sun or whatever, does he have an insurance timer when he logs on next?

I guess? What happens while he's gone? Do the NPCs go anywhere? Does the ship just hover in space? How is this remotely feasible? Does the owner get a notice that his ship will not despawn?

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

https://twitter.com/CliffordakaMiku/status/1053425957242130437

:argh:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

For real, it’s a shame this will never make it into the game, because it’s the best gift to griefers they’ve described yet

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Beet Goblin posted:

Answer: When you log off right now, if anyone else is on your ship, it just becomes an "Un-owned" generic copy of your ship. If you want to spawn another, you have to do an insurance reclaim.

So, yes, he will have an insurance timer literally no matter what you do unless he logs off from a bed on the ship. Then he'll wake up on it, unless you destroy it.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

Fidelitious posted:

Looks like our winners are Xaerael and Trilobite

I might be wrong on that last one, I'm bad at scanning lists.
Actual Warbond Price: $1,400
Closest Xaerael: $1,400

Actual Trade in Price: $1,650
Closest Quavers: $1,645

you both win a game off the list. PM me your choices and I'll send you some keys.

thanks for playing everyone!!!!

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Beet Goblin posted:

For real, it’s a shame this will never make it into the game, because it’s the best gift to griefers they’ve described yet

I really do think Chris just assumes everyone will play nice and that nobody would ever exploit his universe.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/Jorunn_SC/status/1053423974552662016

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

WTFOsaurus has just been "gifted" $700 jpeg package by "a viewer"

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Sarsapariller posted:

Answer: When you log off right now, if anyone else is on your ship, it just becomes an "Un-owned" generic copy of your ship. If you want to spawn another, you have to do an insurance reclaim.

So, yes, he will have an insurance timer literally no matter what you do unless he logs off from a bed on the ship. Then he'll wake up on it, unless you destroy it.

This loving rules. Any ship that’s on a kraken is vulnerable to being destroyed even after the owner logs off. God bless you CIG. God bless your broken, worm-filled brains.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

TheAgent posted:

Actual Warbond Price: $1,400
Closest Xaerael: $1,400
he should get double prizes for being right on

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Beet Goblin posted:

drat and blast, they corrected their hosed up email

OK come on, this is some real Nigerian prince level poo poo, I could print that out and when people ask me why Star Citizen is a scam, I could just show that to them and they would be like "Well, poo poo."

The sad thing is, considering there are more expensive "things" you can "get" from CIG, I can't even find this funny anymore. It's an outright scam now. (And it got so bad even German magazine Gamestar is making fun of Star Citizen now, they recently had a big title story and the editorial on the first page was like :lol: Star Citizen is never coming out :lol: )

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
My guess was bad. CIG underwhelmed me. :(

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/giogetmoneyTV/status/1053424522257408005

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I think maybe in honor of not winning I might pick up a game for myself. A full game for only sixty American dollars. Now I just gotta figure out which of the many fine, finished games that exist and are playable, to grab lol

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Beet Goblin posted:

It’s amazing how something can be insanely overpriced and way cheaper than I thought lol
this

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Beet Goblin posted:

I think maybe in honor of not winning I might pick up a game for myself. A full game for only sixty American dollars. Now I just gotta figure out which of the many fine, finished games that exist and are playable, to grab lol

You could get a gently caress load of games for 60. Borderlands 2 has it's claws in me real deep of you want to shoot some mans.

Can't go wrong with some paradox games and dlc.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Beet Goblin posted:

RimWorld.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Awesome! posted:

he should get double prizes for being right on
for being right on he should get a kraken that comes without a standard game package

I'm saving him from that fate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010