Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Lmao this looks like the definition of insanity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I saw them run up the middle last night into a NINE MAN BOX. Like what the gently caress?? Nobody is going to have success in those conditions; in David Johnson's breakout year he rarely faced stacked boxes because BA and Carson Palmer were dialing up long throws way too often for defense to stack boxes. That's how Johnson had his success, you don't have success plowing into stacked boxes.

Seriously, this Steve Wilks guy loving sucks. I know he fired his OC for this but he's the one that hired him in the first place. Wilks is also responsible for loving up the games of some of the best defenders in the league. Guys like Patrick Peterson and Deone Buchanon are being rendered useless by the installation of this dumb scheme and the defense is being gutted just to field another crappy 4-3 defense. gently caress this guy I want Bruce Arians back

Spoeank posted:

https://twitter.com/PFF_Jeff/status/1052376930387783681

- losing
- injury
- stupid self-inflicted nonsense

At least it wasn't a totally meaningless play. They were trying to block the game-winning field goal, I've seen dumber stuff happen on more pointless plays.

DariusLikewise posted:

Yeah I thought for sure he tore something, even my fiancee looked over and cringe when they were showing the replays

Cairo Santos seems like a nice dude, I hope some kicker-hungry team gives him a long-term deal

https://twitter.com/cairosantos19/status/1052305757893353472

He's a good kicker, not sure why he wasn't signed to begin with. Someone will pick him up sooner than later.

mllaneza posted:

The Rams are going to need to play sharp on Sunday, the Niners are going into that game believing they can win. But we'll probably lose by two points. It's last season all over again.

Personally I'm of the opinion that the Rams are going to shithouse the 49ers. If the niners can make offense like they did last week they might have a chance but even then, the Rams are averaging 32+ points per game so the niners will have to step it up even more than they did last week. If the Rams allow it to even be close then they failed massively, but I don't think it's gonna be that close.

Maggot Soup
Aug 18, 2005

I never trust divisional games, especially 49ers vs Rams. I can see the game being close, with the Rams pulling ahead at the end due to a gassed and undisciplined 49er team.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
I took the Money Line on the Rams the past two weeks, but I might bet the spread in this game

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

the TD to emmanuel sanders was insane. peterson's the only one running with him but he's waiting on the safety help that's like 15 yards up the field playing a short route. it sucked when whoever was paired with peterson got burned for 10-20 yards at a time but this is worse. and his interception he was sitting in zone but the guy ran right through his zone and he flipped his hips to run the route at which point... you're using all your man coverage skills anyways

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Play posted:

I saw them run up the middle last night into a NINE MAN BOX. Like what the gently caress?? Nobody is going to have success in those conditions; in David Johnson's breakout year he rarely faced stacked boxes because BA and Carson Palmer were dialing up long throws way too often for defense to stack boxes. That's how Johnson had his success, you don't have success plowing into stacked boxes.

Seriously, this Steve Wilks guy loving sucks. I know he fired his OC for this but he's the one that hired him in the first place. Wilks is also responsible for loving up the games of some of the best defenders in the league. Guys like Patrick Peterson and Deone Buchanon are being rendered useless by the installation of this dumb scheme and the defense is being gutted just to field another crappy 4-3 defense. gently caress this guy I want Bruce Arians back

I would blame whoever your GM is. When you bring a guy like Wilks in you know he's going to run his own scheme and you should know what that scheme is and whether or not it matches your players. I'm sure there a few 3-4 guys out there the Cardinals coach have poached instead of completely upending everything they've built the last 5 years.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

DariusLikewise posted:

I took the Money Line on the Rams the past two weeks, but I might bet the spread in this game

One thing I've learned is to never bet on your own teams. Your rose colored (or poo poo stained for the pessimist) glasses disallows you from any sort of objective thought.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

On the other hand it's cool and good to bet on the best team in the NFL winning their games a lot.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Play posted:

At least it wasn't a totally meaningless play. They were trying to block the game-winning field goal, I've seen dumber stuff happen on more pointless plays.

I cant find it now but a former player on Twitter said they schemed to not edge rush the kicker from both sides specifically because poo poo like this always happens when they do

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Chris James 2 posted:

Counterpoint, abandoning a bad sport for any reason is good and smart

Well, the NFL is not a bad sport, and the NBA is horrible, so I stand by what I said. :colbert:

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

The NBA is fixed anyway.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
:3:

https://twitter.com/ESPNNFL/status/1053503852715106305

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

That's awesome!

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah okay that owns hard

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
It's cute that Rams fans were worried about this game

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I have to repost this here to make it easier to find

Spoeank posted:

It's a comment on reality

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
yeah not sure why rams fans thought our team was gonna do anything. Last week was cuz Packers D is trash.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

I don’t think anyone was too scared of this game. In another thread I did raise the fact that since 1990 teams on 3 game road trips have only gone 3-0 9 out of 128 tries. I thought it was a fun stat, it’s 10 out of 129 now.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Benne posted:

It's cute that Rams fans were worried about this game

It's probably a sub-conscious divisional game thought process.

DariusLikewise posted:

I don’t think anyone was too scared of this game. In another thread I did raise the fact that since 1990 teams on 3 game road trips have only gone 3-0 9 out of 128 tries. I thought it was a fun stat, it’s 10 out of 129 now.

I think it's the first time it's been done since 2014.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/LindseyThiry/status/1054163600451895296

https://twitter.com/JB_Long/status/1054204206188359680

https://twitter.com/LindseyThiry/status/1054205651688161280

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Seahawks got through the bye week and are suddenly in a very interesting spot in the wild card race. I know posting your own tweets here isn't kosher, but for context:

https://twitter.com/LordBenne/status/1054213433535524866
https://twitter.com/LordBenne/status/1054214999806070784

Basically it's all must-win games for the next month or so, with no obvious gimmes. I'm ... not terribly optimistic, but I guess we'll see!

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Benne posted:

Basically it's all must-win games for the next month or so, with no obvious gimmes. I'm ... not terribly optimistic, but I guess we'll see!

Yeah, would be really nice to pick up some tiebreaks, a lot of those teams play each other to close out the season.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Benne posted:

After how they played against the 49ers, I’m feeling better about the Green Bay game than I was a couple of weeks ago?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Donald was everywhere in that game, it was insane. I know it's an awful cliche but that really was a "statement" game from him. He was a big part of the Rams majorly slowing down the potent 49ers run game, and it seemed like every single snap he was within a few feet of the quarterback causing pressures, hits, sacks, interceptions, tackles for loss, all that good stuff.

He even ripped the ball right out of Matt Breida's hands in a gorgeous play that reminded me of something Von Miller did earlier in the year. Donald has been present and making plays all season but he has never been as omnipresent as he was last night

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Donald was so dominant in that game John Gruden is trying to trade him to the Bears.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
Thank god they flexed that game out of prime time.

Can they flex out all broadcasts of 49ers games this year? Just don't bother airing them at all.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Coldforge posted:

Can they flex out all broadcasts of 49ers games this year? Just don't bother airing them at all.

Years later, the game will attain mythical status, and not in a good way.. Unaired on televisio,, a game that no one who actually attended will say a single word about. When asked, they claim that they "can't talk about it" and that "it's for your own good." A complete tape is said to be out there, but those who have the misfortune to watch it fall into a deep, unrecoverable depression.. They cease to eat, drink and sleep. Finally, they cease to breathe. It's probably just a rumor, but hey, who knows right?

Collectors have offered a fortune for the recovery of the complete tape, and there are rumblings that the government is searching for it; they plan to weaponize it against our country's enemies. Whatever the truth might be,, the game has achieved mythical status among football fans, and many crave to know exactly what happened in the so-called "Worst Game of All Time."

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

The worst game of all time was that Rams-49ers tie game like 6 years ago

Tank44
Jun 13, 2005

We want the ball & We're going to score

Benne posted:

Seahawks got through the bye week and are suddenly in a very interesting spot in the wild card race. I know posting your own tweets here isn't kosher, but for context:

Seahawks were 1/2 game out of the playoffs 2 weeks ago too!

As for flexing games... Seahawks have 2 Sunday night football games in December which I thought both could get flexed out at the beginning of the year. SF@Sea on Dec2nd is Sherman's return to Seattle - does that remain for the story or get flexed out? Also KC@Seattle on Dec 23rd has Flex written all over it.

Tank44 fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Oct 22, 2018

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Coldforge posted:

Thank god they flexed that game out of prime time.

The Packers game was exciting notwithstanding the scripted result. I’m sure the NFL story writers can make the primetime games exciting for fans of the teams that haven’t been destroyed by injuries.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Tank44 posted:

Seahawks were 1/2 game out of the playoffs 2 weeks ago too!

As for flexing games... Seahawks have 2 Sunday night football games in December which I thought both could get flexed out at the beginning of the year. SF@Sea on Dec2nd is Sherman's return to Seattle - does that remain for the story or get flexed out? Also KC@Seattle on Dec 23rd has Flex written all over it.

I think the 23rd game wont get flexed if the Seahawks are in serious contention for a wild card at that time. Mostly because if they are that means they will have a winning record and people love watching the chiefs high flying offense this year

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

DariusLikewise posted:

Do you not remember the Seahawks-Cardinals 6-6 tie? That was was only 2 seasons ago.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

seiferguy posted:

Do you not remember the Seahawks-Cardinals 6-6 tie? That was was only 2 seasons ago.

That game ended up funny though.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

seiferguy posted:

The Rams-49ers tie was way worse, it was so back and forth until OT when both kickers missed a chance to win and all you could feel was emptiness at the end.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

seiferguy posted:

That was absolutely hilarious.

The absolute worst game I ever watched end to end was either that Steelers 3 Dolphins 0 gem from 2007

http://www.espn.com/nfl/game?gameId=271126023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7DTNEa2E7w

or the Charlie Whitehurst game from 2011, Browns 6, Seahawks 3.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/game?gameId=311023005

Yeah, the first one was even kinda funny because of the bad weather. The Charlie Whitehurst game is the absolute nadir for me.

Anyway, Mike Solari, folks!

https://twitter.com/BradyHenderson/status/1054421353095462912

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

DariusLikewise posted:

gently caress Jeff Fisher.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

shirts and skins posted:

the Charlie Whitehurst game from 2011, Browns 6, Seahawks 3.

This is the single worst NFL game I’ve ever watched

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Keith Atherton posted:

This is the single worst NFL game I’ve ever watched

one of these might be a contender for the crown

https://twitter.com/MaioccoNBCS/status/1054745663697604608

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Spoeank posted:

one of these might be a contender for the crown

https://twitter.com/MaioccoNBCS/status/1054745663697604608

My lord. Battle of the Bottom Feeders for the next three weeks

Adbot