Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

snoremac posted:

lol wtf does turnbull's reputation matter anymore?

Why does Labor waste or fault matter anymore since the Coalition have been in power for nearly two full terms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

My first question is to the dog fucker, why isn't Malcolm Turnbull the Prime Minister?

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
#welldonedutton

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

BurgerQuest posted:

#welldonedutton

Yeah, in the end it was the right wing of the party that caused this all to happen, not Turnbull. Of course they will never admit this, they'll just continue to spew bile towards Turnbull on Sky News.

I can't wait for the ABC doco that covers this government's years.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

You Am I posted:

Yeah, in the end it was the right wing of the party that caused this all to happen, not Turnbull. Of course they will never admit this, they'll just continue to spew bile towards Turnbull on Sky News.

In the doco every member of the coalition is played by someone who can't act, to really get across just how incompetent they were

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

You Am I posted:

The Turnbull Months

hidys
May 6, 2015

"Give the boys a bit of a rev up."
Does this mean Dutton gets referred to the High Court now?

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

hidys posted:

It's a distinct possibility, but I wouldn't count on it.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Lid posted:

The Turnbull Months

The Morrisson weeks.

Here's a fun thought experiment. Imagine how much more/less the swing against the Libs would have been had Dutton gotten in.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Andre Benjamin marked Liberals shooting man in chair labelled Malcolm Turnbull

Andre: How could Malcolm Turnbull let Wentworth happen?

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

BrigadierSensible posted:

The Morrisson weeks.
DAY OF DUTTON.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
The Julie Bishop Planck

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

snoremac posted:

DAY OF DUTTON.

But what a day.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

hidys posted:

I thought they had to have an outright majority and they're one short for that. Might be misremembering though.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

The Morrisson weeks.

Here's a fun thought experiment. Imagine how much more/less the swing against the Libs would have been had Dutton gotten in.

Wonder if Dutton would've tried being prime uncle as well if he got in.

hidys
May 6, 2015

Starshark posted:

I thought they had to have an outright majority and they're one short for that. Might be misremembering though.

minus one for the speaker the numbers theatrically could be there with 75-74.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Has Phelps said she'd vote for that?

hidys
May 6, 2015

hambeet posted:

Has Phelps said she'd vote for that?

I guess we will find out tomorrow on Insiders.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Tops off a great day. Suck it Scummo.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Hanson was right. Anti-white racism is real

WHEN I was a child growing up in Tokyo, my sister and I were spat at in the street ­because we were white.

My parents were told they shouldn’t enrol me in a Japanese school because I was white or, more accurately, “gaijin”, meaning foreigner.

Nevertheless, I attended the school for a short, miserable time, until I was moved to an international school with other children of expats.

So, despite the toxic burden of having white skin, I do understand racism, not that you should have to experience it to understand it, but identity politics does not allow any longer for empathy or imagination.

In a certain place, at a certain time, I discovered it was not “OK to be white”, or, for that matter, black, brown or any colour other than the one deemed acceptable. Only the unworldly or blindly arrogant believe that any single skin colour is magically exempt from racism on this big planet.

This is the curse of identity politics, a dehumanising ­reversion to an ancient caste society in which people are judged, not on the quality of their character or their ­actions, but on characteristics buried in their DNA, like skin colour. It segregates us into competing groups of victims and oppressors. It is the seedbed of hatred and war, accentuating differences rather than recognising our common humanity.

Which brings us to Pauline Hanson’s stunt last week to move a motion in the Senate saying: “It’s OK to be white”.

The furore that erupted after Coalition Senators voted for the motion spooked the government into the worst own goal of the short Scott Morrison prime ministership.

Greens leader Richard Di Natale ranted that Hanson had taken the slogan from the “white supremacist movement”. Being white is “a ticket to winning the Lotto… it’s the privileged white Anglo community that are the ones occupying the seats of influence.”

Labor, which has succumbed entirely to the politics of identity, chimed in with a claim that the phrase was the “battle cry” of white supremacists and neo-Nazis.

So, the government caved in, claiming its support for the motion had been a “regrettable … administrative error”, and restaged the vote so it could oppose it. Now the record shows the Morrison government thinks it’s not “OK to be white”.

What a way to win votes. If conservatives should learn one thing from Donald Trump it is that you don’t win the culture wars by allowing your opponents to define the language.

Even if an innocuous phrase has been used by white supremacists, so what? They probably say “hello” a lot, too. Is some tiny group of racists somewhere in the world going to dictate how the rest of us use language? Who gave them such power?

The fact is that Hanson is correct. Anti-white racism ­exists and is on the rise, ­especially against white males, and it is not succumbing to a right-wing brand of identity politics to acknowledge that reality. It simply is trying to remedy an injustice.

Here are recent examples:

SYDNEY mother Tara Coverdale and her red-haired sons were ejected last year from a playgroup at Sydney’s Alexandria Park Community Centre because they were too white. “Can I ask what your cultural background is?” a staffer asked. When Coverdale said she was “Australian”, she was told: “I’m sorry, you can’t come here. It’s for multicultural families.”

NEW codes of conduct introduced this year ask Australian nurses and midwives to acknowledge their “white privilege” when treating indigenous patients.

WHITE audience members were separated from “people of colour” at a University of Melbourne dance performance in June. They were made to stand outside and listen to a lecture about white privilege before being allowed to enter the theatre.

LABOR party bumper stickers criticising “mediocre white men” were sold at a fundraiser last year for inner-western Sydney Labor candidate Anna York.

WHITE South African farmers are being tortured, murdered and harassed off their farms as their government prepares to expropriate their land without compensation. Yet, when Home Affairs Minister Peter Dutton said Australia would welcome them, he was slammed as a racist by Australian leftists.

THE UK Labour Party charged white people 25 per cent extra to attend a Jeremy Corbyn rally in February.

AMERICAN biology professor Bret Weinstein was forced out of his job after objecting to an event at Evergreen State College in Washington in which white people had to leave campus for the day.

THE New York times appointed columnist Sarah Jeong to its editorial board ­despite her record of racial hatred towards white people. Among her twitter offerings: “#cancelwhitepeople.”

LABOR leader Bill Shorten in June declared the problem with indigenous affairs in Australia was “know-it-all whitefellas”.

LISA Annese, head of the ­Diversity Council Australia, complained in July there are too many white heterosexual males in airport lounges.

You might be a pacifist in the culture wars, or maybe an appeaser. But sooner or later you’ll be conscripted.

You have to take a stand, especially if you’re a Coalition MP.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Sauce your fuckin quotes

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
lol those white ppl got owned

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

G-Spot Run posted:

Sauce your fuckin quotes

Miranda Devine

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Do you think Miranda Devine watches anime?

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
That's the best list she can come up with?

http://crimestats.aic.gov.au/NDICP/ - 20% of all deaths in custody are aboriginal, despite making up 3ish% of the population.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Only time I'm going to give Miranda credit but the strong racial undercurrent in nationalist Japan is very well known and maintained through their governments to this day. In fact they, like us, have their own oppressed indigenous peoples, the Ainu, that are treated as inferior and repressed. Of course that connection was left out.

Coucho Marx
Mar 2, 2009

kick back and relax

Lid posted:

Only time I'm going to give Miranda credit but the strong racial undercurrent in nationalist Japan is very well known and maintained through their governments to this day. In fact they, like us, have their own oppressed indigenous peoples, the Ainu, that are treated as inferior and repressed. Of course that connection was left out.

yeah but way for her to draw the wrong loving conclusions after experiencing racism as a minority in a different country

"hmm, maybe white people are the true victims everywhere??" *cut to indigenous woman ignored and dying in a hospital*

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/WorldOfMarkyD/status/1053637393079656448

:auspol:

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Lid posted:

The Julie Bishop Planck

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Former Australian Prime Minister really doesn't mean what it used to

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Phelps is only 2500 votes ahead with some prepolls left in strong Sharma booths that may net him a couple thousand votes. There is a small but real chance she loses from here.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

I don't think Bish would take it at this point, but I want the media to start speculating.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

V for Vegas posted:

Phelps is only 2500 votes ahead with some prepolls left in strong Sharma booths that may net him a couple thousand votes. There is a small but real chance she loses from here.

He conceeded.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

V for Vegas posted:

The AEC says the two outstanding "polling places" are special hospital teams. That shouldn't be more than a few hundred votes total.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Wait Miranda Devine is a bitter failed weeb? Is this a good weekend or what

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Lid posted:

I too can't distinguish between a white empowerment sentiments in a white minority country where they suffer prejudice and a white majority country where they scream gently caress off we're full at browns.

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Pinterest Mom posted:

The AEC says the two outstanding "polling places" are special hospital teams. That shouldn't be more than a few hundred votes total.

12,500 postals were issued by AEC that are still outstanding as well. Phelps lead is under 2% is unlikely to increase. This will be very close.

Digiwizzard
Dec 23, 2003

Pork Pro

The Morrisson weeks.

Well, you don't have to worry about swings when you suspend all future elections and declare that the appointment of government officials will now be operational matters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/kevinbonham/status/1053662294750588928

• Locked thread