Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop

Scaramouche posted:

He asked where a store was and I pointed out a mall entrance and said "right there, turn left". Then I started thinking about how else I could have said it and came up with "Right ahead on the left", "right through that door and then left" and similar variations. I realize I could have said "turn left after going through the door" but it would have taken a conscious effort to word it that way. It's weird that right can mean the direction, correct, and that's not even getting into the moral implications.
Straight ahead
forward
continue
keep walking in this direction

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Something I just realized MOST people don’t know: one of the little symbols you ignore on your packaged food items is telling you the kosher status of the food. For ex a little u in a circle on sabra hummus.

They need a subtler symbol for Halal food, racists in Australia regularly freak out because they think that Halal certification funds terrorism therefore buying any food with the Halal symbol means they're SHOVELLING MONEY INTO ISIS' EVIL POCKETSSSSSSSS!!11!!

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

They need a subtler symbol for Halal food, racists in Australia regularly freak out because they think that Halal certification funds terrorism therefore buying any food with the Halal symbol means they're SHOVELLING MONEY INTO ISIS' EVIL POCKETSSSSSSSS!!11!!

More HSPs for me, inshallah

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

bell jar posted:

You're going to break Pauline Hanson's heart you monster

[keep going]

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

bell jar posted:

Hey don't you be stealing my HSP

Mate

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

"up ahead" "in front of you" "go forward and take the first left" "correct it is on the left" there are so many options

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The worst I ever got was "turn right after you've passed the intersection" three times until I stopped believing them because I'd driven around the island twice following their instructions. Turns out I should've turned right at the intersection and by no means driven past it.

e: I think their reasoning was that since I passed the sign, I had "passed the intersection" which is all sorts of :blastu::derp:

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

This is an amazing piece

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Make a sinister turn at the correct point ahead.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Tip: don't google "HSP australia" on an empty stomach

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I don't know what you got but I got the Aussie version of poutine and all it did was make me hungry for one.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Tip 2: don’t get poutine outside of Canada

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

jobson groeth posted:

I don't know what you got but I got the Aussie version of poutine and all it did was make me hungry for one.

It's a large container of chips covered with cheese and kebab meat and whatever sauces you want (the correct choices are garlic and hot chilli). Add extra stuff if you want, I typically get olives and jalapenos.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I had one on Friday for lunch after getting back from a couple of weeks in the field where the food was pretty crappy. Purestrain filth in the absolute best way possible.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

iajanus posted:

It's a large container of chips covered with cheese and kebab meat and whatever sauces you want (the correct choices are garlic and hot chilli). Add extra stuff if you want, I typically get olives and jalapenos.

gently caress that sounds good

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

I guess the thing that i just worked out is that other countries don't have HSPs

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Dross posted:

gently caress that sounds good

A couple of recent ones

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

i'm going to go get a hsp now. far out

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Looks like a small portion of kebab with fries. Where's the cheese?

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Jerry Cotton posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1zL13LvxS8

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Jerry Cotton posted:

Got to put it between the meat and chips so it melts!

And the one at the bottom filled a dinner plate and weighed about a kilo. Those styrofoam containers are deceptively deep.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

iajanus posted:

the one at the bottom filled a dinner plate and weighed about a kilo.

Ah from the kids' menu.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Jerry Cotton posted:

Ah from the kids' menu.

I have a four month old and need to limit my grease to one kilo per meal in order to hopefully live till he's five months old

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
I am so angry that there are no places near me to get those.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Master Twig posted:

I am so angry that there are no places near me to get those.

If there's a Lebanese or Turkish takeaway place, bring them the pictures and they'll make you one. There's a Seattle goon I was speaking to about them who did this and they not only made him one, they put it on the menu after he went there with friends and they all ordered one.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

I was listening to NIN's Head Like A Hole remixes from that remix album, and finally figured it out. That weird, sort of high pitched vocalizing? That's a clip fo David Bowie's voice. I swear it is. It's just layered or sped up so it blends together. Bowie's voice is fairly recognizable. How have I not noticed this before?

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I came to a similar realization with Reflektor by the Arcade Fire. I just assumed Win Butler was trying to sound like Bowie.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Your post caused me to watch the entirety of Walk Hard once again, and for that I thank you, value-brand cereal

coldpudding
May 14, 2009

FORUM GHOST
That Tears for fears song goes "everybody wants to rule the world" not "everybody wants to move around".

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

Wasn't this meant to be an ad for Pizza Hut stuffed crust pizza?

Edit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uo8HMuqdq3Y

"Earlier in 2002 we were hired by the largest advertising firm in the country to write music for a Pizza Hut commercial. Pizza Hut had hired them to come up with a whole new image to promote their new Pizza, "The Insider" which had all the cheese inside the crust. In keeping in line with their new cutting edge image, the agency hired Ween to do the music, and we delivered in a big way. Unfortunately, they didn't like a single piece of the 6 tunes we submitted and they had us rewriting the song every day for a couple of weeks before they hired someone else. In my opinion, it is one of the best tunes we wrote all last year."

Leon Sumbitches has a new favorite as of 14:06 on Oct 13, 2018

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

haa years ago i was visiting my cousin in america and we hung out at some bar, adn the guy next to me was like "hey, yu know ween?" and at the time i only knew the cheese song and push the daisies so i said that, and he cried, irl

it was very emotional and unnecessary

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

value-brand cereal posted:

I was listening to NIN's Head Like A Hole remixes from that remix album, and finally figured it out. That weird, sort of high pitched vocalizing? That's a clip fo David Bowie's voice. I swear it is. It's just layered or sped up so it blends together. Bowie's voice is fairly recognizable. How have I not noticed this before?

It's a native American song, there are remixes that make it more clear

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

value-brand cereal posted:

NIN's Head Like A Hole remixes

https://youtu.be/5Lm1FL7gWl4

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

In Predator, Arnold Schwarzenegger's character goes by Dutch

but his real name is Alan Schaefer.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Inzombiac posted:

In Predator, Arnold Schwarzenegger's character goes by Dutch

but his real name is Alan Schaefer.

It's canon that he's never paid for a woman's meal on a date.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
The thing about venomous snakes having triangular heads, it just dawned on me that their head shape is due to them being venomous. The extra space is where their venom glands are. Correlation is causation in this case.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

pik_d posted:

The thing about venomous snakes having triangular heads, it just dawned on me that their head shape is due to them being venomous. The extra space is where their venom glands are. Correlation is causation in this case.

Vipers specifically have triangular heads, for instance Coral snakes don't have that distinct triangle head shape.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Shifty Nipples posted:

Vipers specifically have triangular heads, for instance Coral snakes don't have that distinct triangle head shape.

Must have not leveled up enough to upgrade their venom glands to the larger capacity

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

pik_d posted:

Must have not leveled up enough to upgrade their venom glands to the larger capacity

They are burrowing snakes so I think it helps to have a little head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

pik_d posted:

Low B tier.