Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

e4/5 spoilers

You have Matt passed out in your car. You have been trying to kill him. Do you:

A) Shoot him
B) Stab him
C) Give him a lethal dose of some drug
D) Drive the car off the pier and hope he dies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
I'm pretty sure just that's an obscenely overused fiction trope.
Gotta make it look like an accident, so clearly the course of action writers use is the one with the lowest probability of success

Hallucinogenic Toreador
Nov 21, 2000

Whoooooahh I'd be
Nothin' without you
Baaaaaa-by

Andrigaar posted:

I'm pretty sure just that's an obscenely overused fiction trope.
Gotta make it look like an accident, so clearly the course of action writers use is the one with the lowest probability of success

They were also sort of recreating a scene from the Born Again arc of the comics, but without as much build up it didn't have the same impact.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Got to love the thing that sets the wheels in motion for Fisk's release is the failure of the American Healthcare system which bankrupts Ray and prevents him from progressing at his job.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Starting episode 7 and so far the season has been a big disappointment. There have been no really good fight scenes, the plot is boring, Dex is just not that interesting of a character, and the idea that Wilson Fisk is suddenly a master manipulator feels silly. The whole plot of Matt being wanted is just not very interesting.

Senjuro
Aug 19, 2006
Say what you will about her storyline this season but Deborah Ann Woll out-acted the rest of the cast by a mile.

Senjuro fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Oct 20, 2018

Nothing But Hate
Oct 7, 2006
When night falls, she covers the world, in impenetrable darkness
The Parker vs Morales fight poster in the gym was a funny little Easter egg

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

End of episode 7:

The man who attacked the Bulletin dressed as Daredevil, he's in the FBI.
Keep talking.
Oh poo poo, that's all I had actually. Better believe me because.. um... Ok cya. :v:

Episode 8:
I was really hoping the FBI was arresting Karen for admitting to Wesley's murder. Karen you dumb.

e: does Foggy even have a day job anymore? lol. He's been 100% pointless so far this season and what little he's done could have easily been rolled into Karen's investigation.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Oct 21, 2018

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

I’m really loving annoyed they cancelled Luke Cage. Netflix is more or less a few banner shows and just a mountain of offbrand no name “originals” and all actual TV shows are on Hulu or Amazon. I’m probably not gonna have a subscription much longer.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost
Netflix started me back on the first episode of Season 2, and I was really getting annoyed with the long flashback before I figured it out. I am the dumbest Iron Fist yet.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Senjuro posted:

Say what you will about her storyline this season but Deborah Ann Woll out-acted the rest of the cast by a mile.

DAW is one hella talented lady. Your comment has me even more excited to finish the season now, I left off after episode 2 last night.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

For some reason the simple exchange of:

"You ok? They said it was superficial."
"I find it quite profound."
"Don't start."

Made me laugh harder than it probably should have.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Ep10: This ______Karen_________ backstory suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks and wasn't needed at all.

e: I don't really consider it a spoiler saying that someone had a flashback / backstory episode but :shrug:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Oct 21, 2018

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Can we uh, use spoilers for the show that dropped yesterday? I'd care less if I hadn't gotten spoiled on Colleen getting the Iron Fist in IF S2 the weekend that dropped.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Yeah, isn't the general rule 72 hours or w/e for binge drop shows?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Wamsutta posted:

I’m really loving annoyed they cancelled Luke Cage. Netflix is more or less a few banner shows and just a mountain of offbrand no name “originals” and all actual TV shows are on Hulu or Amazon. I’m probably not gonna have a subscription much longer.

Yeah, I’m with you here. After a lackluster DDS3, I’m pretty much done. I’m gonna hang on until Sabrina and then likely cancel until another show comes along I *really* want to watch.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Watching Daredevil season 3 is really making me wish I was watching Punisher season 2 instead

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

DD s3: Very good season, definitely in the top tier of Netflix Marvel shows. My minor complaints would be that it was a bit slow for the first few episodes and that some backstory sequences dragged on_____Agent Poindexter_____, or were repeated over and overMatt for the first few episodes and Poindexter being creepy towards Julie or just weren't necessary_____Karen_____. Which is a shame too since there was one that was perfect Sister Maggie.

Also Foggy still sucks and added nothing.

e:

PaybackJack posted:

I think Daredevil S3 has been my favorite Netflix show from start to finish.

:agreed:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Oct 21, 2018

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Watching Daredevil season 3 is really making me wish I was watching Punisher season 2 instead

:same:

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Reached episode 5 and I can't help but think at this point The Fisk/Bullseye stuff is so much more interesting than most of what else is going on. The prison riot scene was amazing but all of the Foggy sections can be outright skipped and you're not missing out on anything as far as I can tell. I really enjoyed the way they told Bullseye's backstory and I'm sure that method saved them a ton of money.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Tumble posted:

Also, with regards to Jessica Jones I really, really hope they find a way to bring back Killgrave. He's still my favorite villain in all of Netflix's Marvel universe.

They better do something. I don't even remember the villain for season 2 at all compared to 1

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

On episode 6 and this season is just great overall so far, imho.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

bring back old gbs posted:

yeah makes no god drat sense, the numbers must have been really low

The premiere loving broke Netflix. The numbers were not low, the merits of the shows have nothing to do with what's happening. This is another situation where higher ups being dicks to each other fucks over hundreds of people working on a good show that has a sizeable audience and is making money just fine.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Milo and POTUS posted:

They better do something. I don't even remember the villain for season 2 at all compared to 1

it was her mum

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

BSam posted:

it was her mum

Trish was the real villain.

Mama bear Manson was cool.

Issaries fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Oct 21, 2018

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Milo and POTUS posted:

That's because they didn't have one, which was a very very bad call.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

adhuin posted:

Trish was the real villain.

Mama bear Manson was cool.

The writers were the real villains

Arcon
Jul 24, 2013
What if they cancelled Luke Cage so they could just make a properly titled Heroes for Hire show.

Probably not, but it sounds good :v:

Woden
May 6, 2006

Tumble posted:

Also, with regards to Jessica Jones I really, really hope they find a way to bring back Killgrave. He's still my favorite villain in all of Netflix's Marvel universe.

I just hope they can tell a different story, season one and two were way too similar.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Woden posted:

I just hope they can tell a different story, season one and two were way too similar.

Only in the sense that they were about victimized women trying to struggle against a system that hated them. Seems like they're not gonna budge from that niche.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Not quite done with the season but how does the newspaper Karen worked for even still operate after apparently every single employee was killed?

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
I like Karen, she does a great job of "poo poo scared and will loving kill you" which is a nice change from quippy badass or crying wreck. I also like Foggy being a genuinely nice and smart man. No issues with the actors.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sloth Life posted:

I like Karen, she does a great job of "poo poo scared and will loving kill you" which is a nice change from quippy badass or crying wreck. I also like Foggy being a genuinely nice and smart man. No issues with the actors.

Finally a voice of reason. Have a cookie.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I think this season is going to end up being around Defenders in terms of ranking, it isn't bad it is just incredibly frustrating and not fun to watch.

Lurdiak posted:

Not quite done with the season but how does the newspaper Karen worked for even still operate after apparently every single employee was killed?

Unless something happens in the last four episodes then only three of them were killed

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Oasx posted:

I think this season is going to end up being around Defenders in terms of ranking, it isn't bad it is just incredibly frustrating and not fun to watch.

That is crazy talk. Almost every line of dialogue in Defenders made me wince, and there wasn't a single fight in it anywhere near as interesting as the ones in this season of Daredevil..

Oasx posted:

Unless something happens in the last four episodes then only three of them were killed

I guess it just seemed like a lot more considering how chaotic the scene was and how the entire office was dead quiet after a bit.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Oasx posted:

I wouldn’t put it down that low, though it does flirt with Defender’s territory at times. Still wasn’t good. Just not the car wreck IF_S1 and Defenders was.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Sloth Life posted:

Karen owns and I appreciate you for being one of like 4? people in this thread not complaining about one of the main characters apparently being a waste of time lmao

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Oasx posted:

This is a newspaper in 2018 that has to be a large number of their employees

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I was excited to see where they were going to go with Luke season 3, because it really seemed like after season after season of the marvel-netflix-averse leaning into the "reluctant hero" thing that they were going to play around in the "guy who is actually trying now but is loving it up" area which seems to be a less explored well of material (because essentially, someone who does bad things for good reasons is your villain not the show's title character)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I was excited to see where they were going to go with Luke season 3, because it really seemed like after season after season of the marvel-netflix-averse leaning into the "reluctant hero" thing that they were going to play around in the "guy who is actually trying now but is loving it up" area which seems to be a less explored well of material (because essentially, someone who does bad things for good reasons is your villain not the show's title character)

So much this. It seemed like despite Luke being the main character they didn't really know what to do with him or use his powers. Exploring "Can a good guy do bad things for a good reason?" Sounded really interesting, and Harlem is probably the best setting and most "alive" feeling in the Netflix marvel universe. Not only that but by cutting out LC/IF they're gutting all their diversity as far as poc go.

JJ s2 was way worse than LC s2, and they continually treat Malcolm like poo poo, have no intersectionality/woc and DD is even worse.