Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug

Over Easy posted:

can't wait to save up enough money to kill myself
minorities and other undesirables get a discount

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Over Easy posted:

can't wait to save up enough money to kill myself

try the string trick
https://youtu.be/EbmQxZkSswI

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

hey man, anyone can drop a slug into the suicide booth, I want to die in a euthanasia clinic like a hollywood celebrity

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

the most unrealistic part of soylent green is that they gave the dude a chill video and some new clothes before they killed him

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

Trabisnikof posted:

the most unrealistic part of soylent green is that they gave the dude a chill video and some new clothes before they killed him

It had to be coached in religious ritual to make it acceptable. The new clothes are pretty much a requirement to maintain that façade, either that or some other ritual of purification/transformation/threshold crossing

Food Boner
Jul 2, 2005
i cant wait for the d candidate in 2032 running on the platform of single payer suicide for all

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Food Boner posted:

i cant wait for the d candidate in 2032 running on the platform of single payer suicide for all

Itd actually get passed bc both parties are okay with paying to kill off undesirables

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

Food Boner posted:

what happened to just making the families pay for the bullet smh

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
https://mobile.twitter.com/CharelsCD/status/1053445908182917121

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Don't doxx me

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Saw a billboard today

"The robots cant take your job if you're retired"

Guess I'm real hosed because ill never be able to retire and the robots are going to take my job

gently caress you prudential

the ads of the retirement money management companies are the absolute most enraging because they (obviously) dont care about attracting the business of people who are too poor to save money to retire so they dont bother not offending them

and then prudential and edward jones and whatever the gently caress are all examples of the worst kind of wall street parasites that charge outrageous fees to underperform an excel spreadsheet returns-wise

Dec 26, 2012

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug

Food Boner posted:

suicide by cop is universal

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Shear Modulus posted:

the ads of the retirement money management companies are the absolute most enraging because they (obviously) dont care about attracting the business of people who are too poor to save money to retire so they dont bother not offending them

That would be like getting mad at a yacht manufacturer for not advertising to poor people.

Some people have just accepted their place in the guillotine line and that’s ok.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

n:
https://twitter.com/UniverseIce/status/1053250982790889481

v: how long until you have to literally dismantle your loving television to tell whether it's actively 1984-style telescreening your rear end instead of hitting it with a post-it or just not buying one with a camera on it

Dawncloack
Nov 26, 2007
ECKS DEE!
Nap Ghost
2013?

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

We all know about the 'scraping NTSC/PAL metadata' thing. But like with actual cameras and poo poo. Used to be you could tell whether there was a camera on a thing without a teardown.

Dawncloack
Nov 26, 2007
ECKS DEE!
Nap Ghost
I was trying be megafunny but yeh, you make a good point.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

Commercial things, anyway. Things already got weird with spy gear (even if it's just nannycams) but now that's everything.

Class Warcraft
Apr 27, 2006

Hanging on to my lovely non-flat screen tv until they come back around to being retro and popular. Also it doesn't need to connect to the internet to let jeff bezos that I'm out of cereal or whatever

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Class Warcraft posted:

Hanging on to my lovely non-flat screen tv until they come back around to being retro and popular. Also it doesn't need to connect to the internet to let jeff bezos that I'm out of cereal or whatever

speaking of jeff bezos watchingn us all do people actually buy those buttons that you pay five dollars for and it lets amazon sell you more poo poo? i thought they were a joke but then people actually spent their own money on the amazon big brother spy microphones and put them in their house

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

amazon is going to beat google and facebook because while those companies spy on you in exchange for letting you send emails amazon actually charges people for the privilege of being spied on and advertised to and somehow convinced everyone to go along with it

animist
Aug 28, 2018
if Jeff Bezos lost 99% of his wealth he'd still be a billionaire

man knows how to play the game

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

animist posted:

if Jeff Bezos lost 99% of his wealth he'd still be a billionaire

man knows how to play the game

it's fake* money tho

*) unfortunately they function mostly like real money

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/Theophite/status/1053901044017594370

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

the implication here is that the internal auditors are not also cia, which is obviously nonsensical

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

A police robot is on duty in the Xidan commercial district of Beijing, China, on September 27, 2018. The police robot, equipped with cameras, speakers, lighting lamps, and alarm lamps, was developed by the First Research Institute of China's Ministry of Public Security.
https://www.theatlantic.com/photo/2018/10/robots-at-work-and-play/573274/

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
That loving thing is armed and we all know it.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 29 days!)

What the Hell is an IC SRE?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

What the Hell is an IC SRE?

probably a site reliability engineer focusing on incident control, i.e. an operations goon that specializes on trash fires

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

I came, sorree

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

Former DILF posted:

I came, sorree

heck, samw

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Dead Beef posted:

minorities and other undesirables get a discount

kinda wonder if they'd have legal standing to sue for discrimination in this circumstance or if it'd legally have to involve a white person suing in order to also get the discount

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

ted hitler posted:

A police robot is on duty in the Xidan commercial district of Beijing, China, on September 27, 2018. The police robot, equipped with cameras, speakers, lighting lamps, and alarm lamps, was developed by the First Research Institute of China's Ministry of Public Security.
https://www.theatlantic.com/photo/2018/10/robots-at-work-and-play/573274/

That whole album is nuts. Some are a little more on the less-lovely cyberpunk side, but the robot "cushion" designed for elderly and "busy salarymen who don't have time for a pet" is just like... super :smith:

This is what I'm looking forward to all US PDs rolling out:

SUPER MONSTER WOLF SAYS DO NOT MOVE, CITIZEN

because obviously it would have recordings in third person

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
"99 Bitcoins and an Elephant" is a book for children about the world of bitcoins in 2028!

Obviously, it's going to be frankly bizarre. It thinks it's a book that is literally, in fact, for children - not a satire of the present in the form of a children's book, like "The Ladybird Book of the Zombie Apocalypse". I was honestly wondering if the elephant was going to be demonstrating the horrible things that can happen if you allow yourself to be socially engineered. And what about a Monero necklace doesn't scream "I'm from the darknets, and I'm here to skin you."

The author is convinced he's telling the kids about the fabulous future world, that's coming just a decade away!

It's not the book it thinks it is. Shiny kiddy cartoons of a dark cyberpunk world, where bitcoiners' dreams of a grim meathook Mad Max petrolpunk world have come true. Everything actually sucks and is broken, but everyone from early childhood wears VR/AR glasses everywhere, all the time, to make the world look less broken and sucky. Then the glasses break, and you get the picture below.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
why cant buttcoiners pretend they're not obsessed with kids

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

living in filth to own the libs

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

divabot posted:

"99 Bitcoins and an Elephant" is a book for children about the world of bitcoins in 2028!

Obviously, it's going to be frankly bizarre. It thinks it's a book that is literally, in fact, for children - not a satire of the present in the form of a children's book, like "The Ladybird Book of the Zombie Apocalypse". I was honestly wondering if the elephant was going to be demonstrating the horrible things that can happen if you allow yourself to be socially engineered. And what about a Monero necklace doesn't scream "I'm from the darknets, and I'm here to skin you."

The author is convinced he's telling the kids about the fabulous future world, that's coming just a decade away!

It's not the book it thinks it is. Shiny kiddy cartoons of a dark cyberpunk world, where bitcoiners' dreams of a grim meathook Mad Max petrolpunk world have come true. Everything actually sucks and is broken, but everyone from early childhood wears VR/AR glasses everywhere, all the time, to make the world look less broken and sucky. Then the glasses break, and you get the picture below.

sincere and unironic this is the future that capitalists want

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

sincere and unironic this is the future that capitalists want

A world so inundated with capital that the only means of extracting profit is to constantly repackage the same stuff and sell it back to people as if it were new.