Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Colleen and Suwan will show up and lob some bricks into the fight. Kingpin has been learning to fight like Spider-Man, so he'll take a brick to the head and be knocked out instantly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Elfface posted:

Trained to always be near a web-catching box.

Meanwhile, Iron Fist is unable to invent the tactic of "Attack with both hands"

His name isn't Iron Fists.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Elfface posted:

Trained to always be near a web-catching box.

Meanwhile, Iron Fist is unable to invent the tactic of "Attack with both hands"

A big twist in season 2 of iron fist is that a bad guy who has iron fist like powers can iron up both his fists instead of just the one, something Danny didn't even think was possible.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Colleen will save the day, dropping a brick pallette on Frisk and using the crane's magnet to trap Claw.

Peter will tell MJ Spiderman blew up the theater, letting himself off the hook. MJ leaves Peter and starts dating an alligator.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Who would know a personal trainer is all you need to take on a super hero? I'm hiring one this instant!

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Saoshyant posted:

Who would know a personal trainer is all you need to take on a super hero? I'm hiring one this instant!

won't be cheap tho

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Escobarbarian posted:

I like the insinuation that Fisk actually looked into getting a radioactive spider to bite him but discovered it would be too inconvenient
I mean, it would be. You have to pick the right type of spider and the right radiation and all that. Taskmaster's way cheaper.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Of course Taskmaster would probably train him wrong as a joke.

He would still beat Spider-man though.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
Newspaper Taskmaster would be amazing. The greatest NSM fighters are JJJ with a lamp, Mole Man whacking people's shins, and Rocket throwing himself headfirst at your stomach. And he can do all that at once.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
....so taskmaster trained Kingpin? Is he gonna be following a loving drone around and getting pissy

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Long has it been, but finally, Spiderdubs are back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3efgDZl5SS8

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

bunnyofdoom posted:

....so taskmaster trained Kingpin? Is he gonna be following a loving drone around and getting pissy

nah, he just got a membership at a normal gym. it's not like training for beating up nsm could possibly be all that strenuous or complex. a lot of nsm villains have been normal guys with no special talents and a halfhearted gimmick. for example, big time, the man who liked clocks but not excessively so.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

big time, the man who liked clocks but not excessively so.
I dunno, I think it was pretty excessive. He had a clock-gun and tried to kill his ex-wife by dropping a giant clock on her.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

Tiggum posted:

I dunno, I think it was pretty excessive. He had a clock-gun and tried to kill his ex-wife by dropping a giant clock on her.

...at a very specific time, leading to him impatiently staring at his watch while she debated foiling his plan by leaving because, eh, she doesn't really want to keep standing under this giant clock.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

?!?!?!

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

I'll admit that this comic has done bricked my head so much that I didn't even realize this was what they were going to do. Derp

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

:allears: god I love that Danny is confused and didn't even consider it either. When Spidey is the smartest hero in the room, there is a problem.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

My favorite (not so subtle) running joke in this arc is that Iron Fist is an even bigger idiot than NSM, and spidey knows it.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
I love that half-assed right straight Spidey is throwing in the first panel. THUM indeed. :allears:

Also how the heck is Spiderman going to beat Claw? Surely he's no match against a master of ancient martial arts.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Chinook posted:

I'll admit that this comic has done bricked my head so much that I didn't even realize this was what they were going to do. Derp

To be fair, it's pretty rare that NSM actually follows through on the logically obvious plot set-up.

Remember when they conspicuously showed how Ronan was drained of energy after using his hammer and needed to replenish it with food? Whoever wrote that storyline didn't.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

jyrque posted:

Also how the heck is Spiderman going to beat Claw? Surely he's no match against a master of ancient martial arts.

'Check this out, if I web up his face, he goes into hibernation!'

Speak
Jul 20, 2001

"Education Professional" model Doombot

Johnny Walker posted:

Making a prediction: Both the villains will be so prepared for each respective superhero they are associated with, they will switch and fight each others' enemies.

Winner!

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Spidey: I'm gonna punch you right in the face!

Claw: No, don't! If you do, your fist will turn yellow gold!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Sad that Larry's retired but Alex's linework is really good.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
The problem here is that really kingpin just needs to tell claw to throw a brick and it becomes 2v1 against Iron Fist.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

“Kingpin has never had to face...SOMEONE PUNCHING AT HIM!”

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Putting aside the fact that newspaper Spider-man is probably still strong enough to pulverize Kingpin's bones by just punching harder, I fail to see how any amount of training or natural strength (which Kingpin has plenty of) could prepare you for just getting webbed up. That's like your move, Spidey. It's not like Kingpin's a small, fast-moving target.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!

Lurdiak posted:

Putting aside the fact that newspaper Spider-man is probably still strong enough to pulverize Kingpin's bones by just punching harder, I fail to see how any amount of training or natural strength (which Kingpin has plenty of) could prepare you for just getting webbed up. That's like your move, Spidey. It's not like Kingpin's a small, fast-moving target.

They haven't touched on it, but the weekday colorist has been careful to give Kingpin his classic anti-webbing baby blue suit throughout the storyline.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

I'm the "NEXT" mocking him for not getting this.
He was able to block his webs once so now that's obviously ineffective.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Lurdiak posted:

Haven't you seen any bug collectors???? Creepy crawlies are weak to pins!

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Synthbuttrange posted:

Sad that Larry's retired but Alex's linework is really good.

Too many Seinfeld reruns in my life means that whenever someone says "wild idea" I think of when Jerry's girlfriend goes "ooooh, that's a wild idea..." after he suggests a threesome.

And really, the context here is not totally different.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Lobok posted:

Too many Seinfeld reruns in my life means that whenever someone says "wild idea" I think of when Jerry's girlfriend goes "ooooh, that's a wild idea..." after he suggests a threesome.

Bojack Horseman has completely ruined the phrase "What are you doing here?" for me.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Just web up his face or something. That's how I would beat either of them.

Like...you can jump up and stick to tall buildings. You have the high ground. Just throw whatever Kingpin tries to defend himself with down on his head.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Danny's going to punch himself in the face somehow.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

jyrque posted:

Kingpin is a Spider-Man villain, so once Iron Fist takes him down Spider-Man can just leave. His part of the team-up is done.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

ConfusedUs posted:

My favorite (not so subtle) running joke in this arc is that Iron Fist is an even bigger idiot than NSM, and spidey knows it.

Spidey just leaving after Danny revealed his secret identity still absolutely kills me. "Later nerd!" and then he sells a photo of Iron Fist to the newspaper :xd:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'm gonna have to revise my estimation of nsm's intelligence upwards a smidge if the arc ends without him revealing his identity to the one guy who is more of a fuckup than nsm is.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i'm gonna have to revise my estimation of nsm's intelligence upwards a smidge if the arc ends without him revealing his identity to the one guy who is more of a fuckup than nsm is.

Spider-Man: My real name is Peter Parker.
Iron Fist: Hey Peter, you just missed Spider-Man. Too bad you don't have your camera!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

What are Fisk and Claw even planning to do to beat Fist and Spidey? Blocking everything won't hurt them, just tire them out eventually.