Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I appreciate this pervets straightforward no bullshit attitude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
Nintendo Switch: you can still touch the girls

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Ah looks like the banner ad was correct!

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/bomber-crew-switch#game-info
Bummer Cram is not listed under the eshop show switch deals but it is on sale. I like the PC version hoping this one holds up

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Leal posted:

Ah looks like the banner ad was correct!

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

More than Star Citizen will ever be.

Relevant Tangent posted:

Is Dragon Quest Builders any good? Liked the demo but I'm curious how long it is.

I really liked it, it's pretty fantastic if you're a fan of the franchise. I was a little disappointed by the length though. I beat it in one or two rentals from the public library.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

This is only my second Splatfest but I just had a match against my own team. Is that normal? :confused:

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Mak0rz posted:

This is only my second Splatfest but I just had a match against my own team. Is that normal? :confused:

Yes, that’s normal

And oh poo poo, there is a splatfest going on right now?

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Astro7x posted:

Yes, that’s normal

And oh poo poo, there is a splatfest going on right now?

:getin:

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

Tae posted:

Little nightmares

Any spook quotient in LN gets badly diluted by how absurd all the load times are after you instantly die because of mushy controls.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Bombadilillo posted:

Is starlink really 15 hours? I thought it was kind of perpetual. How they gonna keep you buying toys?

I definitely didn't rush the game and finished at 15 hours and had every planet at 100% safety. I killed all the Dreadnaught captains and finished every main story quest including the very last one to get every planet to 100% safety I identified some things early on that some people might miss that could potentially prolong their game, like timers of when things respawn if you don't defeat certain enemies within a given amount of time. Also my ship seemed pretty overpowered, which I enjoyed, focusing on skill recharge reduction mods so I didn't have much trouble in regards to difficulty. I ended up with one pilot at level 20+ and another at level 19 or so.

At a certain point in the game you unlock a base/tower that gives you 50% influence on the planets so that kind of trivializes the "get every planet to 100% safety". I technically didn't 100% everything, like I left some planets with 10+ chainsaw structures digging into the ground. Maybe if I had more ships/pilots to level I might have been inclined to do that, but I doubt it.

Astro7x posted:

That’s cool and all. But that doesn’t answer my question with what you can do with the physical game without the toys at all. My library will probably get this at some point and I’d like to check it out for free. But sometimes they are idiots and don’t include all the stuff that comes with it. Like we have that Animal Crossing Wii U game, but no Amiibo

Maybe I worded it poorly, I played through the entire game without ever taking my toys out of the box. Supposedly, you lose the in game items after a week if they aren't scanned in.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

:dogbutton:

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Are any of Zelda memory pictures in Ganon's castle?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

punk rebel ecks posted:

Are any of Zelda memory pictures in Ganon's castle?

Yes. 1. Worth nothing. One of the regrets I have in my botw playthrough was not exploring the castle until I was ready to end the game.

It's designed for you to do runs into it as deep as you can go to get loot and weapons. If you wait you get tons of weapons you dont need. Wish I did it like after every beast tbh.

So fo find that memory now and have some fun before you run away.

Bombadilillo fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Oct 21, 2018

Postmaster GBS
Jan 14, 2013

you guys ever play the switch video game the messenger?

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho

Postmaster GBS posted:

you guys ever play the switch video game the messenger?

It's a good game :)

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Decided to hold off on DQB until the co-op one comes out in two months.

Postmaster GBS
Jan 14, 2013

Jawdins posted:

It's a good game :)

thank you for acknowledging this

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Bombadilillo posted:

Yes. 1. Worth nothing. One of the regrets I have in my botw playthrough was not exploring the castle until I was ready to end the game.

It's designed for you to do runs into it as deep as you can go to get loot and weapons. If you wait you get tons of weapons you dont need. Wish I did it like after every beast tbh.

So fo find that memory now and have some fun before you run away.

Thanks. Now if I can only find the memory of the little shrine in front of the small waterfall. I can't find that one anywhere.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

DQB1 was mainly limited by the Vita having read up on it. The next one is going to have way bigger everything with that out of the picture. I was plenty happy with the length of it all the same, but I'd never played anything Minecraft.

Edit SE seems way more into listening to feedback these days. Octopath had a lot of QOL stuff done between the demo and launch. Builders 2 plainly has a lot of fan feedback going by the new features

LethalGeek fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Oct 21, 2018

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Anyone know the website that keeps track of all sales and their dates? Trying to see when fifa 18 first went on sale.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Bombadilillo posted:

Whaaaaaaat I thought it was an endgame place that you couldn't get into

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

You can just go straight there. Ganon even has moves he can only use if you skip beating the dungeon bosses.

Even further you can skip that whole dungeon with high enough stamina by climbing up the back

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Relevant Tangent posted:

Decided to hold off on DQB until the co-op one comes out in two months.

Hope you can read Japanese

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

quote:

G: The idea of the… increase of the character’s chest size. How did you come up with something like that?

YU: That is a feature included from the first game of the series. Originally, it was simply a rogue-like RPG with girls as protagonists, without this element. Such a simple premise wasn’t that fun, so Matrix Software came up with this idea to spice it up so that the users can enjoy watching it happen.

Of course garbage company Matrix Software was involved in this.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Finally fight my way through Undead Burg, defeat the Taurus Demon, talk to the very nice Sun Gentleman, desperate for a bonfire, I think perhaps there’s one across the bridge. Only a bunch of soldier zombies in my way, sure, I can handle that....

Anyway, break time.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Kart Barfunkel posted:

Finally fight my way through Undead Burg, defeat the Taurus Demon, talk to the very nice Sun Gentleman, desperate for a bonfire, I think perhaps there’s one across the bridge. Only a bunch of soldier zombies in my way, sure, I can handle that....

Anyway, break time.

God Bless You Bridge of Doom still wrecking people in 2018

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Sleep easy in the knowledge that you were mere seconds away from a bonfire, just not that one

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Kart Barfunkel posted:

Anyway, break time.

prepare for one of the most subtly ecstastic moments in a videogame

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Enjoy the bridge. It's the hottest place in the burg.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

You are given the 'defeat Ganon' quest as soon as you get the glider. IIRC an NPC even says something to the effect of "you can go after Ganon right now."

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

The most interesting thing about BotW is that some NPCs will tell you of some of the secret ways into the castle and that there is good poo poo to be found there, so you feel like it's a surmountable obstacle all of a sudden.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mega64 posted:

Of course garbage company Matrix Software was involved in this.

The guy points out that that system creates an easy way to determine the power of any character just by looking at them

Finding innovative ways to present gameplay information visually should be applauded, imo.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

Sleep easy in the knowledge that you were mere seconds away from a bonfire, just not that one

Seconds away from two bonfires depending on how you play things. :eng101:

The bridge was something that Demon Souls players saw and went, "Yeah, I know what's going to happen here." Other people had to go on extra paranoia.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I actually really liked the Robotics;Notes anime, so I'm excited to return to that big/small island

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhVFtnAKMgs

caldrax
Jan 21, 2001

i learned it from watching you
I thought as a Dark Souls series vet that I'd barrel through remastered on the switch, I'm not dying as much as I did back in the day, but I'm dying a lot.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Guy Goodbody posted:

The guy points out that that system creates an easy way to determine the power of any character just by looking at them

Finding innovative ways to present gameplay information visually should be applauded, imo.

Power creep has a new definition

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

I will say that storming an ancient castle with a robe and a battle axe is extremely Dio and I am here for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Kart Barfunkel posted:

Anyway, break time.

Taurus demon is still wrecking my poo poo. I did just figure out I had points to spend, so hopefully that will help?