Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Randaconda posted:

Good ol' Byron. :yaycloud:

Edit: I'm not being sarcastic, I love Byron.

:unsmith:

Didn't realize he was a coach there. Cards continue to be a landing spot for former Steelers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zerilan posted:

Didn't realize he was a coach there. Cards continue to be a landing spot for former Steelers.

I totally forgot he was on the Steelers

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All

Play posted:

Not just a run between the tackles, a run between the tackles into totally stacked boxes. They ran into a NINE MAN BOX yesterday. Nine men, that's futile. Worse than pointless. Just loving stupid.

Steve Wilks sucks too though. His new defense is rear end and basically neuters all of his best players. He's gonna trade Patrick Peterson and Deone Buchanon all for the cause of creating another poo poo, boring 4-3 defense. Seriously lame. I think he was a really bad hire himself, and firing OCs halfway through the season isn't a great look either, you hired him dude.

honestly just trade peterson and fitzgerald so they can maybe get a ring at this point. sign them to their 1 day retirement deal after they get a ring, but god drat don't put them through this poo poo

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

born on a buy you posted:

honestly just trade peterson and fitzgerald so they can maybe get a ring at this point. sign them to their 1 day retirement deal after they get a ring, but god drat don't put them through this poo poo

Chiefs should be jumping at the chance to trade for Peterson.

As for Larry? Hello.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Kalli posted:

Seems like it'd be hard to fit that contract in, but I'm sure it's possible. Make it happen.

Oddly enough the Chiefs corners are sort of okish compared to the safeties and ILBs. Like there's a big gaping hole right up the middle of the defense if you can get past Chris Jones. But at the same time that isn't the same as saying the corners are actually good.

nah
Mar 16, 2009

my favorite Byron Leftwich thing was the lovely NFL Draft websites back in the mid-2000s that would say he was a good runner

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Kalli posted:

As for Larry? Hello.

Larry on the pats would be sick because he'd basically be gronk lite or the five seconds of good plays when mike floyd was on that team. huge amounts of mismatch potential and a really good supporting cast guy.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

kidcoelacanth posted:

What if Mike McCoy and Mike Smith fused into a recently-fired super coach that sucks on both side of the ball

Introducing your 2019 Browns head coach... Mike SmcCoy

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Yes. Some how bring in McCoy, Fisher, Smith and Pagano into some powerhouse coaching team within either the AAF or the XFL. The public deserves it.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Play posted:

Not just a run between the tackles, a run between the tackles into totally stacked boxes. They ran into a NINE MAN BOX yesterday. Nine men, that's futile. Worse than pointless. Just loving stupid.

Ah, the Jamal Lewis experience

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

nah posted:

my favorite Byron Leftwich thing was the lovely NFL Draft websites back in the mid-2000s that would say he was a good runner

Was he the one that always got mad about getting called slow for a qb?

Big Jay Cutler
Sep 2, 2011

IT'S ME
Trade Larry “Larry Larry Larry” Larry Fitzgerald to the packers for like... Josh Jackson or another secondary player we’re gonna inevitably let walk as they go on to have 10+ year careers

Don’t even play him, just send him to Rodgers’ Green Bay mansion after every practice so they can get drunk and Rodgers can yell at him and apologize through tears to him afterwards

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I like Byron Leftwich but it's also weirding me out that guys I remember from my teen years are now getting coaching jobs. It wasn't that long ago, was it :smith:

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

Benne posted:

I like Byron Leftwich but it's also weirding me out that guys I remember from my teen years are now getting coaching jobs. It wasn't that long ago, was it :smith:

I still remember his Oline carrying him between downs at Marshall after injuring his knee.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Benne posted:

It's not nearly as weird as realizing you're almost exactly the same age as Frank Gore... and he is still a starting RB in the NFL :stare: And not only that, took that starting job back from a 24 year old lol. Whereas I am basically look like my avatar.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

Seems like it'd be hard to fit that contract in, but I'm sure it's possible. Make it happen.

Oddly enough the Chiefs corners are sort of okish compared to the safeties and ILBs. Like there's a big gaping hole right up the middle of the defense if you can get past Chris Jones. But at the same time that isn't the same as saying the corners are actually good.
The Chiefs are in good shape after this season, so they could extend him and backload some of his current money but I don't think they're going to make any moves.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Docjowles posted:

It's not nearly as weird as realizing you're almost exactly the same age as Frank Gore... and he is still a starting RB in the NFL :stare: And not only that, took that starting job back from a 24 year old lol. Whereas I am basically look like my avatar.

I look like Jared Goff, but with a better chin.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Don Sula was 33 when he got his first head coaching job. Tom Landry was 36. George Halas was 25 (he also played AND owned the team, so...)

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
We need to talk about Doug Marrone

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Benne posted:

We need to talk about Jim Schwartz.

Please.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Todd Bowles lives to jump in and out of the hot seat.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Brown's lose the rest of the season. Hue is hosed. There is not a single winnable game left the way things have gone.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Benne posted:

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Benne posted:

yeah... yeah :/

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/danfetes/status/1054126613510656000?s=21

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Yeah, it's really concerning when your team basically gets blown the gently caress out a bit under a third of the time.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

I remember keeping track of this during the Scott Pioli years in KC and it was something sort of similar.

There's being a bad/underperforming team and that sucks. Then there's getting blown the gently caress out all the time where the games are over before they start.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/AllbrightNFL/status/1054145912107421697

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

https://twitter.com/AkronJackson/status/1054116306323193857

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

I don’t know, his decisions are already pretty offensive to me.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Hue Jackson/Todd Haley is the coaching feud we both need and deserve

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

Benne posted:

Hue Jackson/Todd Haley is the coaching feud we both need and deserve

honestly Haley would be an upgrade over Hue right now. He got a raw deal in Kansas City because him and Pioli loving hated each other and he had Cassel foisted on him. Cleveland probably isn't the place to get a HC job, but i'd say he's done enough to at least deserve consideration given what he's done since the Chiefs fired him.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
The idea that a guy who was at least moderately successful as a head coach in KC then the OC for a playoff team for like 6 years is the problem with the Browns seems unlikely.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Durandal1707 posted:

honestly Haley would be an upgrade over Hue right now. He got a raw deal in Kansas City because him and Pioli loving hated each other and he had Cassel foisted on him. Cleveland probably isn't the place to get a HC job, but i'd say he's done enough to at least deserve consideration given what he's done since the Chiefs fired him.

Biggest problem on the team? The Offense.
Solution? Fire HC and promote OC :psyduck:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Flikken posted:

I think having to compete with the opponent and the zebras is a tall order for any team.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Flikken posted:

Please please please promote Greg Williams

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Adun posted:

Please please please promote Greg Williams

Nah, leave the OCs where they are at, promote our Oline coach.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Chichevache posted:

I think having to compete with the opponent and the zebras is a tall order for any team.

Therefore you can hit him inn the head

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Fire Jason Garrett, imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Flikken posted:

Nah, leave the OCs where they are at, promote our Oline coach.

Any decision that thrusts Bob Wylie further into the spotlight is objectively The Correct Decision, so I am down with this.