Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Arist posted:

I like that its user went catatonic from the sheer shock that he could ever possibly have been defeated.
uh yeah, if my power was Make Spiderman Real, I would too if I lost!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

I like how everyone somehow knows it's the real Spiderman and not just some cosplayer.

I mean, the dude's hanging on a wall. I'd want to shake hands with a cosplayer who can somehow manage that.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

It would legit ruin my Friday in 2021 if this page doesn't happen in the anime

The previous chapter end is also a good place to end an episode at.

they could probably do it since the glove is extremely non-copyrightly drawn

just change the name spider-man to anything

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
They'll probably still say Spiderman in the Japanese since it's an American creation and they're fine with saying all the band names. Crunchyroll would be the one to change it to Arachnid Fellow.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Nah, it'll be fine in the sub. You can namedrop a copyrighted name if it's referring to the thing itself, like Joseph saying Weird Al at the end of part 3. It's when you're naming something unrelated after it that you run into trouble of the possible brand confusion suit variety.

Like, they're not gonna show the actual character, but a single instance of the name is fine.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
he Part 5 PS2 game's translation patch is finished. It's supposed to be pretty good, right?

Dropbox page with readme and patch.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I just really want Larry Csonka to live long enough to see himself show up in Stone Ocean.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

FirstAidKite posted:

I just really want Larry Csonka to live long enough to see himself show up in Stone Ocean.

quote:

Versus drags Emporio behind a bush, but Jolyne manages to catch a glimpse of him. Jolyne rushes out of the car, but sees that her condition greatly impedes her movements. At the same time, many snail predators such as boat backed ground beetles begin to swarm over Ermes. Her strings becoming slimy as well, Jolyne is reduced to crawl toward the bushes, but the American Football players from the Miami Dolphins spring out of the bushes and drag Jolyne away while performing a play.

I swear to god there is nothing better than straight-faced summaries of Stone Ocean chapters.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
the bit where jolyne calls emporio about how she's trapped in a crashing plane underneath a hospital and it's just two or three panels of emporio going ".....uhhhhhhhh" is the only time anyone in jojo acted like actual human

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Expect My Mom posted:

the bit where jolyne calls emporio about how she's trapped in a crashing plane underneath a hospital and it's just two or three panels of emporio going ".....uhhhhhhhh" is the only time anyone in jojo acted like actual human

God just thinking about this gets me laughing hysterically, part 6 is so good.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
the moment I survived a plane crash underneath a hospital and the first person I see has his head explode into snails is the moment I would have walked back to my prison cell and stayed there, gently caress this man

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

jojo is inherently a series where half the time saying spoilers for it just reads as utter nonsense and like it's not real to anyone with a sane mind

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I read part six and the past few posts are undecipherable nonsense to me. God, I love jojo.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

people talk about king crimson being confusing but here i am, still vaguely not sure how exactly underworld works but at the same time not really questioning it

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Johnny Joestar posted:

jojo is inherently a series where half the time saying spoilers for it just reads as utter nonsense and like it's not real to anyone with a sane mind
JoJo almost feels like a series where spoilers almost don't matter because either the person just won't believe what's being said, or actually seeing what goes down firsthand is so freaky that knowing about it beforehand just doesn't matter.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Jojo is a series where a black man can hire the KKK to kill a white man who is the son of a black man.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
mixed twins are a real thing, like they're not like that one cryptid stand araki made up, pucci and weather can happen irl

anyway im lolling thinking about the scene where jolyne wakes up as they're driving to cape canaveral, sees an alligator and unknowingly grabs the ring anasui wants to propose with and whips it at the gators head and her and Hermes yell and cuss at it

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Oct 22, 2018

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"
Araki has this very specific sense of humor I can't really place but I love. Just today I was thinking about the fight with RPS Kid and there's just something about Rohan saying "Rock," and then punching a child that makes me lose it every time.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Kurtofan posted:

He's obviously doing a shadow play, hinting at the shadow theme of his stand. Not everything has a deep meaning

It's a pretty symbolic moment tbh. Popol's stand is Black Sabbath. Black Sabbath's guitarist Tony Iommi lost his same fingertips in a factory accident and continued as a guitarist by using homemade, prosthetic fingertips. Working around handicap pushed him to innovate his style, and helped lead to the band's pioneering sound as Iommi transitioned from blues rock to the down-tuned trademark of heavy metal.

Based on this, it could also be that Popol activates his automatic stand by losing his fingertips the same way Iommi did, which is why they're back with his lighter in his hand just moments later.

Space Flower fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Oct 22, 2018

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

They'll probably still say Spiderman in the Japanese since it's an American creation and they're fine with saying all the band names. Crunchyroll would be the one to change it to Arachnid Fellow.

japanese spider-man is basically a jojo character anyway

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1DAfEBkRfU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Space Flower posted:

It's a pretty symbolic moment tbh. Popol's stand is Black Sabbath. Black Sabbath's guitarist Tony Iommi lost his same fingertips in a factory accident and continued as a guitarist by using homemade, prosthetic fingertips. Working around handicap pushed him to innovate his style, and helped lead to the band's pioneering sound as Iommi transitioned from blues rock to the down-tuned trademark of heavy metal.

Based on this, it could also be that Popol activates his automatic stand by losing his fingertips the same way Iommi did, which is why they're back with his lighter in his hand just moments later.

that's actually pretty cool and knowing araki it could literally 100% be why polpo does that

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Expect My Mom posted:

mixed twins are a real thing, like they're not like that one cryptid stand araki made up, pucci and weather can happen irl

anyway im lolling thinking about the scene where jolyne wakes up as they're driving to cape canaveral, sees an alligator and unknowingly grabs the ring anasui wants to propose with and whips it at the gators head and her and Hermes yell and cuss at it

one of the best bits of any part is just the characters being stupid assholes in their free time

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Space Flower posted:

I never knew any of this, it's very cool, ty!

Yinlock posted:

I love how big Spiderman is in Japan and is like, absolutely nothing like he is the West, it rules

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Expect My Mom posted:

I love how big Spiderman is in Japan and is like, absolutely nothing like he is the West, it rules

the pose and screaming SPIDER-MAN followed by that song is a japanese meme, it owns yes

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Expect My Mom posted:

Jolyne then just bursting into the plane inside the jet she was stuck in, which is completely unharmed by the impact, is just lmao

Stone Ocean was such a trip

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
There’s this point where stone ocean just kicks into overdrive and never relents

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

It's kinda a minor thing, but I like how anything gotten through Emporio's stand has to be a ghost object and has to be called as such.

"Emporio hand me a Ghost lighter."

"Don't worry Jolyne I'll find out about the plane crash using my Ghost computer."

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Yinlock posted:

that new ps4 game should have been more like this

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Augus posted:

Jolyne then just bursting into the plane inside the jet she was stuck in, which is completely unharmed by the impact, is just lmao

Stone Ocean was such a trip

"It's a memory, of course it wouldn't explode if it hit an airplane instead of the ground!" yeah sure, sure, sure, that makes perfect sense.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Jolyne and Hermes surviving that by hiding inside the corpses of the survivors was so good

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Josuke Higashikata posted:

90% sure one of the suit abilities that makes decoys of you references it in the Japanese version, with the decoys yelling HENSHIN etc

e: yeah this, calling himself the Emissary from Hell https://twitter.com/ikazombie/statu...egg-toei-ps4%2F

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Oct 22, 2018

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Beautiful

(other than the fact it's dubbed because dubs are bad! ... i have to be consistent.)

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

No you don't, no one cares

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

Wrestlepig posted:

There’s this point where stone ocean just kicks into overdrive and never relents

I love my boy band mobsters but part 6 is the one I'm really looking forward to.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Josuke Higashikata posted:

agreed, especially the part where he docks his spider-car into a space fighter and it transforms into a sick giant robot with rocket fists

i just love the hostage 15 seconds into that video who is like "what the gently caress is this"

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Oct 22, 2018

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Arist posted:

No you don't, no one cares
I care... and so do you, you comment every time someone criticises a dub!!!!!

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
YouTube recommended this to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sy4UybOB9rA

Raposa
Aug 4, 2007

That post went quite well, I think.

Hwat

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I reread Rolling Stones recently and I wanted to ask something about that whole bit. Did Mista's actions result in fate changing to kill 3 people instead of just the 1, or was it meant to be taken that all 3 were always destined to die and Rolling Stone was just going to take Bruno first?

I'm not sure because usually Fate is this thing in Jojo that is constant and consistent, you can't change your fate, but it is malleable enough that you can change what your fate ultimately means. I'm just not sure if Bruno dying first would've meant that the others wouldn't have died or if Mista's actions somehow rewrote fate to something arguably worse (3 deaths vs 1 death) but ultimately something considered to be for the greater good (stopping Diavolo and the drug trade overall)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
you ever think about how if diavolo had waited 2 minutes to kill trish instead of king crimsoning her out of the elevator, buccellati would have never been any the wiser

he was not a bright man