Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
I'm really digging this product sponsored bite-size horror segment on Fox

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

muscles like this! posted:

It's been two years but somehow Dream Corp LLC is back for a s2.

yes! first 2 episodes are good

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZS3nS9YLOk

Bad news haters

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
That’s basically just saying it got a second season order with Netflix’s dumb season-splitting nonsense

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Eh, I know narratively it was split up, but volume one was still a 10 episode season. It's not like it was 6 episodes like UKS. Unless that changes, that was still likely announcing 30 more episodes.

With the success Netflix is having syndicating BoJack, you can bet they are in it for the long haul with Disenchanted.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

bull3964 posted:

Eh, I know narratively it was split up, but volume one was still a 10 episode season. It's not like it was 6 episodes like UKS. Unless that changes, that was still likely announcing 30 more episodes.

With the success Netflix is having syndicating BoJack, you can bet they are in it for the long haul with Disenchanted.

It's too bad I have 0 desire to watch Disenchanted

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ussCHoQttyQ

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Why is the Good Place thread always so awful?

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I think the same can be asked of most show generals tbh

But yeah the thread for The Good Place is pretty extra lmao I rarely catch up on it

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Rarity posted:

Are they still doing a lot of theory crafting about the world building

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I'm sorry everyone

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

zoux posted:

Are they still doing a lot of theory crafting about the world building

That's not what makes these threads awful

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Argue posted:

That's not what makes these threads awful

I disagree.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
is it people being pissy about 'Guys can't do this while girls can do that'?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Rarity posted:

Why is thread always so awful?

Hi, welcome to TVIV

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Rarity posted:

Because there's goons in it.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
On the one hand, I don't like the derail in the TGP thread either, but on the other hand it let me put the image of a Sexy Gritty costume in people's heads

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Lycus posted:

Because there's goons in it.

THere are goons in this thread too! :ohdear:

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Iron Crowned posted:

THere are goons in this thread too! :ohdear:

I've got some bad news for you.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

I don't know what it is, but I feel like this season has given us way more insufferable threads than usual. IASIP and South Park have been really bad and now Good Place is falling off a cliff (but hopefully will right itself by the next ep).

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The most recent south park was okay

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

precision posted:

The most recent south park was okay

If someone told me after watching The Losing Edge (baseball episode) that one day they'd do a Randy episode where he geared up to fight again and it was somehow boring as poo poo for 20 minutes, I'd never have believed them. But here we are.

Newest IASIP was bad too beyond maybe 2 minutes of jokes. It happens, at least that show has been pretty great this season.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

On the one hand, I don't like the derail in the TGP thread either, but on the other hand it let me put the image of a Sexy Gritty costume in people's heads

First of all, it's problematic to assume that regular Gritty isn't sexy

Cael posted:

and now Good Place is falling off a cliff (but hopefully will right itself by the next ep).

And what season of The Good Place is this?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

feedmyleg posted:

I've got some bad news for you.

"My God, it's full of goons"

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The last episode of The Good Place was great I thought we were just saying the thread was bad not the show :confused:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Regy Rusty posted:

The last episode of The Good Place was great I thought we were just saying the thread was bad not the show :confused:

All shows are bad except the one that I like

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Iron Crowned posted:

Which one would that be

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Regy Rusty posted:

Which one would that be

you know, that bad one. everybody hates it

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Regy Rusty posted:

I'm afraid it's Season 3 -_-

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Iron Crowned posted:

Same but even the shows I like are bad.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Iron Crowned posted:

Yeah Patriot owns

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
I don't think I've ever watched anything good in my entire life. I regret nothing.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

continuing with the 12 Monkeys marathon. It's good enough that its my primary thing I watch now, putting things like DD S3 on the backburner.

There's a tremendous jump in quality in the writing S3 (becoming especially noticeable with the art auction heist episode). My idea of good writing is when the story goes out of its way to introduce dialogue and characterization that's not necessary to the plot moving forward, but just cuz its good watching. And there were alot of that there, from Jennifer Ocean's 11 planning, to Deacon thinking a distraction means he steals everything with a gun, to the guard mentioning he doesn't have health insurance while being held up.

There's a space where dialogue just for dialogue, and characterization just to fill out characters happens in this show, and I love it. It turns what is sometimes something that is too clinical, cold, and oriented towards momentum, and slows it down quite nicely at times for pretty funny and warm character interactions.

Cassie reaching Cole how to dance made my smile alot too.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Such a great show. Season 3 shines.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
12M is so good. Just sit back, enjoy it and have the time of your life.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Anyone who hasn't watched it, please don't take the goon opinion that it's the best show of all time, because it's not. It's a good show, I think it's amazing, but don't go into it thinking it's amazing because then you'll be disappointed. I went in with no opinion and loved it.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Rarity posted:

Spoiler alert: the Good Place thread is actually the Bad Place thread

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Regy Rusty posted:

The show is still A++ imo

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

What happened to the back half of Arrested S5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It's probably ages away, Kimmy's 2nd half hasn't even released yet and that came out way before.