Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
your swimming noodles were so delicious i couldn't help myself. in payment please accept this bit of wisdom.

if you ever see an artist draw a punch with the thumb tucked in... kill him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
All this thumb-twiddling is boring, so I hope that this being page 420 will instead result in a bunch of weed posts, as they are moderately more entertaining.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
What do you think the eye hole nose dude has been smoking in that gambling den?

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I wonder if black glass is smoked. Its known to be very valuable as a drug, but the method of intake was never specified.

God marrow as a drug. Reminds me of that horrifying teeth comic.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

It’s a suppository.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1054499679155695621?s=19

https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1054500692608667648?s=19

:(

Happy Underpants
Jul 23, 2007
I still think you're cool Operant.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

She wears boxing mittens for the next arc.

Where she gets a gun.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Bilirubin posted:

I'm not even saying operant drew them wrong. I'm saying royalty don't care about good punching form

Royalty doesn't need good punching form. Royalty puts the fist, in whatever configuration it happens to be in, exactly where it needs to be. Especially if that place is the face of someone standing in the way of said Royalty.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
The internet makes everyone miserable.

D.Ork Bimboolean
Aug 26, 2016

I mentioned it on twitter already to them, but there is no greater curse than having fans who care about your art.

We are literally the worst.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Operant, just say "aw dang, that was a mistake" and then draw the thumbs right next time instead of having a meltdown. Avoiding making a scene on the internet ain't hard, my dude.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

proper punching etiquette
:goonsay:

(as if the average person on social media has punched anything that wasn't already attached to them)

D.Ork Bimboolean
Aug 26, 2016

Who What Now posted:

Operant, just say "aw dang, that was a mistake" and then draw the thumbs right next time instead of having a meltdown. Avoiding making a scene on the internet ain't hard, my dude.

Quote me now

We are gonna get a cameo character with a necklace of thumbs for the bullshit we put him through.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Who What Now posted:

You do realize that actually being nice to the guy who puts in long hours making free stuff we love is more likely to convince him to put this minor art error on his 'to fix' list, rather than telling him to stop feeling hurt that a pretty complicated page is being defined by some hand typos?

Dude's human and he clearly puts a lot of himself into this. Him tweeting for sympathy doesn't hurt any of us, and makes it pretty clear the thumb-razzing went further than is actually useful in pointing out the issue.

E:

D.Ork Bimboolean posted:

We are gonna get a cameo character with a necklace of thumbs for the bullshit we put him through.

We already had some of Mottom's guildmasters with necklaces of thumbs, actually, so it would be more of a reprise than a cameo.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Some of the 'thumbs' in those necklaces looked more like pinkies, ruining my immersion

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Joe Slowboat posted:

You do realize that actually being nice to the guy who puts in long hours making free stuff we love is more likely to convince him to put this minor art error on his 'to fix' list, rather than telling him to stop feeling hurt that a pretty complicated page is being defined by some hand typos?

Dude's human and he clearly puts a lot of himself into this. Him tweeting for sympathy doesn't hurt any of us, and makes it pretty clear the thumb-razzing went further than is actually useful in pointing out the issue.

As someone who has been hurt in a similar manner, lashing out at it only makes it worse.

You're right though, I will make one major correction. Sometimes it is hard not to make a scene on the internet, dude. But you still shouldn't do it. Just walk away from the feedback for a day or two and come back so you can say "this was all some grade A Stupid poo poo that blew over in a day or two, glad I missed it".

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

sometimes venting is necessary

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

itt goons show off their complete inability to experience empathy for other humans

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Reene posted:

itt goons show off their complete inability to experience empathy for other humans

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
a human would know about the thumb thing, operant is clearly a machine or alien.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Operant, come smoke some legal weed with me :420: :canada:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I could be completely wrong because I'm bad at reading tone on the internet but I'm pretty sure that nobody itt is actually irl angry about this and they're just making some mild jokes about a minor mistake.

Maybe twitter is a different story.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

It was a very prettily drawn thumb and ignorance of the proper methods to hurt other people is a virtue.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Fister Roboto posted:

I could be completely wrong because I'm bad at reading tone on the internet but I'm pretty sure that nobody itt is actually irl angry about this and they're just making some mild jokes about a minor mistake.

Maybe twitter is a different story.

nobody needs to be irl angry, it's still annoying as poo poo

nobody's issue with the UM, ACTUALLY guy is that when he barges in to correct you in the middle of every sentence he's secretly fuming

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."
It's a tiny mistake. Why keep making jokes about it when Operant spends a ton of time and effort on the quality of this comic and is obviously not happy about those jokes? How valuable is a cheap laugh compared to maintaining the good relationship between a good creator and his audience?

EDIT: On rereading it, this post feels vaguely hostile, so I'm gonna clarify that I'm not directing it at anyone ITT. Just a general statement.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
something a hell of a lot of people on the internet don't realize is that you might personally be making a joke at someone's expense that's just barely-there fluff, but that person's likely getting those jabs from dozens of places at once & that poo poo stacks up fast

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
how do those people with thumbs for fingers or fingers for thumbs punch?

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Let's go collectively chill for a bit

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

I AM DISSAPOINTED IN YOU ALL, 420 PAGE SPEND ON AIMLESS PURSUIT AND ONLY THE CANADIAN MENTIONED THE DEVIL'S LETTUCE.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

ElMaligno posted:

I AM DISSAPOINTED IN YOU ALL, 420 PAGE SPEND ON AIMLESS PURSUIT AND ONLY THE CANADIAN MENTIONED THE DEVIL'S LETTUCE.

The (most of) rest of us would get arrested for enjoying Lucifers Cabbage and are in silent envy of the kanucks for embracing satan.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
420 Dankest Nug Seared By White Hot Flame

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Royalty is a continuous smoking motion

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

ElMaligno posted:

pff no respect for my highdeas

SniperWoreConverse posted:

how do those people with thumbs for fingers or fingers for thumbs punch?

https://i.imgur.com/Yrc4TFW.mp4

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

flatluigi posted:

something a hell of a lot of people on the internet don't realize is that you might personally be making a joke at someone's expense that's just barely-there fluff, but that person's likely getting those jabs from dozens of places at once & that poo poo stacks up fast

This is the problem with pretty much all internet feedback imo. That nasa dude with the bad shirt sticks out in my memory, because he definitely needed to be told his shirt was awful and that it was a dumb thing to wear in public, but he didn't deserve to be told a million loving times by hordes of complete strangers.

Anyhow in the spirit of the page I hope the comic ends with Allison rolling up the somewhat wheel shaped universe like a big fat doobie and smoking the poo poo out of it

Renaissance Robot fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Oct 23, 2018

incredible flesh
Oct 6, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo
i will smoke each and every one of you

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.
Nice to see someone's making ksbd-inspired beer.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
oh man is it actually good or are they banking on the style to sell it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
I mean, it's an IPA, so