Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

If Drew Lock becomes a Raider then my sleepy little suburb is gonna have gang wars.

His dad owns like the 3 best restaurants in town and everyone loves the Chiefs and Mizzou.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1054467776553848832

:yeshaha:

e:

https://twitter.com/danielrpopper/status/1054467858875457537

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Allbright full of poo poo as usual.

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1054467251825532928

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/FO_ASchatz/status/1054468173259567105

4th hardest schedule to easiest remaining, finally things are breaking the Patriots' way. :dealwithit:

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
If Arizona wants, they can have one Super Bowl winner Malcolm Butler for Peterson.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Kalli posted:

4th hardest schedule to easiest remaining, finally things are breaking the Patriots' way. :dealwithit:

Cool cool

Cool cool cool

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

cooper will not do well in dallas. mostly because dak prescott is not that good and from what I remember from the hawks-cowboys game the playcalling of the cowboys is stank booty

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Kalli posted:

Gonna guess that since those are based on opponents DOA, those teams just being bad and getting shithoused are skewing the results.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Kalli posted:

I love being in the AFC East

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Not as bad as the Roy Williams trade, but still :lol: a 1st for Cooper.

Christ, how much more effective is Cooper in a new offense going to be as opposed to just picking up Dez?

I'm really curious to learn who was the mastermind behind this trade, Garrett or Jerry?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

wandler20 posted:

A first round pick for a guy who had his brain turned into mush 8 days ago.

https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1051531280939196416

Seahawks again just avoidin' injuries by tacklin' with the shoulder.

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/dCdh/nfl-the-future-of-football-leading-with-the-shoulder

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Oct 22, 2018

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
https://twitter.com/GehlkenNFL/status/1054469488781840384

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Can't wait to see what idiot team uses a first round pick to draft Jake Browning!

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

I'm really curious to learn who was the mastermind behind this trade, Garrett or Jerry?

Does Garrett even get to pick out the sideline Gatorade flavor?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

sounds like Gruden

it's funny to imagine anyone solicits Garrett's input on personnel moves

sportsgenius86 posted:

[insert playoff contender] are dumb as poo poo if they aren't knocking down doors to get Patrick Peterson

ftfy

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

indigi posted:

it's funny to imagine anyone solicits Garrett's input on personnel moves

I agree, but if you transported me back a few years it would have been pretty funny to imagine Jason Garrett still has a head coaching job in 2018.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

According to FO's 5 most likely teams in contention for #1, who is even in the market for a QB? Giants and maybe Oakland?

Team Top Pick Top 5 Pick
ARI 36.5% 86.2%
SF 20.9% 71.6%
BUF 13.2% 68.7%
OAK 12.4% 58.6%
NYG 8.0% 45.1%

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Does Garrett even get to pick out the sideline Gatorade flavor?

whoa is this really the coach's choice?!

Lemon gatorade for life. everything else is terrible.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Which one is unable to feel the cool grip of death around his neck after all his plastic surgery?

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Man I would hate to see Pat P leave, but he’s still in his prime and don’t want to see him suffer. They should ask a ransom for him though.

The Cardinals are so hosed and need to clean house.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

According to FO's 5 most likely teams in contention for #1, who is even in the market for a QB? Giants and maybe Oakland?

Team Top Pick Top 5 Pick
ARI 36.5% 86.2%
SF 20.9% 71.6%
BUF 13.2% 68.7%
OAK 12.4% 58.6%
NYG 8.0% 45.1%

honestly if I were Kyle Shanahan I'd think real hard about taking a QB if I'm in the top two

e: the guy you have at the quarterback position is the most important player on the field in the national football league

indigi fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Oct 22, 2018

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
lol dallas what are you doing

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

ketchup vs catsup posted:

whoa is this really the coach's choice?!

Lemon gatorade for life. everything else is terrible.

Fruit punch

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
The Dallas news is probably the funniest thing I've seen all week.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

wandler20 posted:

Wait a minute, apparently La Canfora reported it so he's definitely coming out.

https://twitter.com/KwadeSays/status/1054051062628278272

Word around Eugene before this story came out was that Herbert was going to stay, wanted to graduate and play with his brother who goes to Oregon next year. Things could change but I would be surprised if he goes.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

indigi posted:

honestly if I were Kyle Shanahan I'd think real hard about taking a QB if I'm in the top two

lol what the hell

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Spoeank posted:

lol what the hell

I mean to be fair whoever wins the job you could probably us an upgrade at #2.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
Cooper is good. He was going to be a free agent though, and Dallas is 3-4. I guess that isn’t firmly out of contention, and receiver is a need for them, but it’s a steep price for half a season of Amari Cooper and early negotiating rights.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Jerry Jones going full late-career Al Davis will loving own. $200 million to sign Usain Bolt at WR or some poo poo, here we come!

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

he's far from a proven commodity and he's a bit of an injury risk. it's something to consider, although it looks like there's not gonna be any QBs worth taking that high

e: this was about Jimmy Garoppolo

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Kalli posted:

DVOA is an extremely stupid way to measure this imo. Say you've got a really good team in a tough division, they are going to look like easy pickings even if they're not. Same goes the other way for teams that are in bad divisions. The Patriots have had one of the easiest schedules so far and their schedule will continue to be insanely easy for the rest of the season.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Slowpoke! posted:

Cooper is good. He was going to be a free agent though, and Dallas is 3-4. I guess that isn’t firmly out of contention, and receiver is a need for them, but it’s a steep price for half a season of Amari Cooper and early negotiating rights.

how good is he, though? if you're gonna make the argument that Carr's been holding him back the last season and change, I really don't see how Dak and Garrett are gonna bring the best out of him

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Slowpoke! posted:

They have his 5th year option next season so it's not really a half season rental.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Slowpoke! posted:

Dallas could still easily win the NFC East

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

they're pretty clearly the third best team, I don't see them winning the East

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

wandler20 posted:

They have his 5th year option next season so it's not really a half season rental.

Ah, when I read the article I interpreted it as he was on his fifth year. That’s not nearly as bad then.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Play posted:

DVOA is an extremely stupid way to measure this imo. Say you've got a really good team in a tough division, they are going to look like easy pickings even if they're not. Same goes the other way for teams that are in bad divisions. The Patriots have had one of the easiest schedules so far and their schedule will continue to be insanely easy for the rest of the season.

I think the FO party line would be that opponent adjustments are theoretically supposed to take care of this.

I have no real opinion here but if they worked correctly and DVOA was actually the best way to measure things it would make sense. Well I do have an opinion after thinking about it. They don't work correctly and DVOA isn't the actual best way to do this. But it's probably not the worst either.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Is Gruden going to make a power play and have Reggie fired after this season so Gruden can spend those 1sts how he sees fit?

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Really reminds me of the Roy Williams trade

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Is Gruden going to make a power play and have Reggie fired after this season so Gruden can spend those 1sts how he sees fit?

Do you really have to ask?

• Locked thread