Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Ytlaya posted:

Is there an option to pick neither and just have Geralt continue his lifestyle having random hook-ups with chicks

an option...for a witcher to not gently caress a sorceress...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Ytlaya posted:

Is there an option to pick neither and just have Geralt continue his lifestyle having random hook-ups with chicks

Sure, but there aren't any random hook-ups that only happen if you go that way. Triss & Yenn are both cool with Geralt whoring around Novigrad.

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul
You can blow them both off, or try to go for both of them which results in the same thing plus a funny scene

Edit: Yen blowing up at geralt for him whining about her being pissed over triss is one of my favorite Yen scenes in the game

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

andrew smash posted:

His face also pops up in the background constantly throughout Hearts of Stone at least. Unlike the other reused faces he's never front and center, but if you look at guys just hanging around in dialogue scenes he is there ALL THE TIME. It's such a good effect. I never noticed it in the main game but I wasn't thinking about it in any of my replays really until HoS.

Just looked this up and that is absolutely goddamn terrifying.

Holy poo poo.:stare:

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

andrew smash posted:

You can blow them both off, or try to go for both of them which results in the same thing plus a funny scene

Edit: Yen blowing up at geralt for him whining about her being pissed over triss is one of my favorite Yen scenes in the game

I still find it funny that in my game Geralt says to Yen "look, the thing with Triss was because of my amnesia, I had just forgotten about you" and then immediately after leaving her hooks up with Keira Metz.

edit: Though I guess you can argue that she was really just upset about his "emotional" cheating

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Her anger over Triss and not other women (though in the books she's def snarky about it when he sleeps around) is less that Geralt cheated, and more he did it with her best friend. iirc she's usually angrier at Triss for the betrayal than she is at him.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I mean it's way more trisses fault than his

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Yeah lmao both in the games and that time she date raped him in the books

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich
And Triss was specifically named by Yen as her best friend, too, but Triss repeatedly chose dicks before chicks.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Triss is a busta

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
triss is too desperate to ever be a real choice

yen has a baller job with a nice lab with the nilfgaardians and is all confident and poo poo and triss lives in a hovel and looks at geralt pics while trying to not get burned to death all day no thanks

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The moment where Triss seduced Geralt was never actually written down or shown, right? Triss mentions it in Blood of Elves and Yen is naturally pissed off at her for the initial cheating and then for Triss's stay at Kaer Morhen when they meet up again in Time of Contempt, but Sapkowski never actually wrote the scene. Triss gets a mention in Something More where Geralt laments about all the sorceresses' names he recognizes at the Sodden Hill monument, and he remembers enjoying her company, but again, nothing about their affair.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
Yeah Triss and especially Yen don't care if Geralt fucks around it's a pretty open relationship. Yen is really pissed that he was with Triss because Triss is basically like a little sister to Yen and an aunt to Ciri.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

God Yen's passive aggressive letter to Geralt where she keeps calling him her dear friend is so good. She's so salty about him writing to her with 'dear friend' and that he asked Triss for help with Ciri before asking her lmfao.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Didnt Fringilla also put some weird spells on Geralt while in Toussaint. Poor guy he gets raped all the time by busty sorceress

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I think Fringilla was a consensual thing, iirc he was super down about Yen and even calls out her name during.

But I could be mixing that up with another sorceress lmfao

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

not, not spells. she just seduces him to try to help the lodge get to ciri* first. and yes, he does keep calling out / referring to yen.

*and or yen, who was imprisoned iirc

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

DoctorGonzo posted:

Didnt Fringilla also put some weird spells on Geralt while in Toussaint. Poor guy he gets raped all the time by busty sorceress

Fringilla was specifically sent to Toussaint to seduce Geralt but I don't recall it explicitly saying that she used magic to charm him, so I think he was just down for it. He knows he's being used in any event and outsmarts her in the end by giving her the wrong location for Vilgefortz's hideout.

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Yeah, Fringilla was just good old fashioned emotional manipulation.

Outside of Yen, who's certainly an acquired taste, the only cool sorceress I remember from the books is Kiera. I may be mistaken, but I think during the coup she falls out of a window, breaks her legs, then makes Geralt carry her back inside on his back so she can keep fighting.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I remember there was something about the wolf medallion

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

esperterra posted:

I think Fringilla was a consensual thing, iirc he was super down about Yen and even calls out her name during.

But I could be mixing that up with another sorceress lmfao

To be fair to Geralt, at that point he thought that Yennefer was helping Vilgefortz scry on him- and he was technically right.

Arcsquad12 posted:

The moment where Triss seduced Geralt was never actually written down or shown, right? Triss mentions it in Blood of Elves and Yen is naturally pissed off at her for the initial cheating and then for Triss's stay at Kaer Morhen when they meet up again in Time of Contempt, but Sapkowski never actually wrote the scene.

The moment itself is not shown, but Triss's recollection states that she seduced Geralt "only slightly helping herself with magic"

DoctorGonzo posted:

I remember there was something about the wolf medallion

She makes a replacement for Geralt's lost medllion in the form of a crystal amulet, which doesn't work exactly like the one Geralt is used to, but has some useful additional functions- such as being able to create an illusion strong enough to fool even Vilgefortz.

Aumanor fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Oct 22, 2018

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Yeah, Keira is a loving baller. She saves him as well iirc and whisks him off to the dryads 'cause he gets mad hosed up fighting.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Aumanor posted:

She makes a replacement for Geralt's lost medllion in the form of a crystal amulet, which doesn't work exactly like the one Geralt is used to, but has some useful additional functions- such as being able to create an illusion strong enough to fool even Vilgefortz.

And even though it saves his life Yen gets jealously suspicious about who gave it to him

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

'won't be erased' is the hashtag for trans people in the face of the US's recent move to literally litigate trans people out of existence

gently caress gog and cd projekt red, as a heads up

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

esperterra posted:

Yeah, Keira is a loving baller. She saves him as well iirc and whisks him off to the dryads 'cause he gets mad hosed up fighting.

That was Tissaia de Vries, the sorceress that tries to remain neutral during the Thanned coup and later commits suicide when she sees the results.

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich
They really need to fire their Twitter guy.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
uh was there an embedded tweet bc i missed it

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Oh, right! Yeah Tissaia saves him and Triss. Keira is still a baller tho

Man you'd think I would remember better lmao I just re-read Time of Contempt in the past few months.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tissaia wasnt also Yen teacher?

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Endorph posted:

'won't be erased' is the hashtag for trans people in the face of the US's recent move to literally litigate trans people out of existence

gently caress gog and cd projekt red, as a heads up

Lol

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

DoctorGonzo posted:

Tissaia wasnt also Yen teacher?

Yeah, she was lmao.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Jesus Christ cdpr what is your issue with trans people

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

WoodrowSkillson posted:

sounds more like the twitter dipshit working for GOG who should be fired.. CDPR probably just auto retweets whatever has a sale for their games. that being said they are loving dumb and should appologize.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

So uh, are they selling thronebreaker anywhere else, or

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Ainsley McTree posted:

So uh, are they selling thronebreaker anywhere else, or

its on consoles and steam i think.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

p sure it's on everthing except probably Switch

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

WoodrowSkillson posted:

I thought CDProjekt Red was specifically the game development side, and GoG was just handled by CDProjekt.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
It is, but their last transphobic tweet came from the Cyberpunk 2077 account so it doesn't seem like much of a meaningful difference.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

It is, but their last transphobic tweet came from the Cyberpunk 2077 account so it doesn't seem like much of a meaningful difference.

they should just fire the rear end in a top hat in charge of the twitter and apologize. i like their games a ton and unlike vara and other devs, i don't think they are evil conservative chud monsters, because i have seen good progressive themes/elements in their games despite their rocky areas. i know places like resetera is already talking about banning any discussion of CDPR games and that kinda makes me sad that a bunch of people get poo poo on because of one rear end in a top hat, they should fix their poo poo before they gently caress up again.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Oct 23, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Dapper_Swindler posted:

they should just fire the rear end in a top hat in charge of the twitter and apologize. i like their games a ton and unlike vara and other devs, i don't think they are evil conservative chud monsters, because i have seen good progressive themes/elements in their games despite their rocky areas. i know places like resetera is already talking about banning any discussion of CDPR games and that kinda makes me sad that a bunch of people get poo poo on because of one rear end in a top hat.

The fact this keeps happening and they don't issue any sort of apology makes it hard to really excuse it. At absolute best it looks like they're using people's real-world suffering to drum up controversy dollars and just deleting the tweet and pretending it didn't happen really doesn't mean poo poo.