Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Whoops, I forgot to register for weekend league since I forgot you have to manually do it and so I can't play

They really should make it so you can just buy in late if you want to, what could possibly be the downside of just letting you enter whenever?

It's not like there's a limited number of spots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003
oh god drat it, i guess i'm in the same boat since i didn't do it yesterday faaack!

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
SO these ultimate scream cards are gonna be dumb broken. Instead of having stats boosted for short periods these cards will all have two 90 stats that rotate year round meaning any of the cards with good base stats (pepe, mandzu, shaqiri etc.) will be good year round. I'm getting Balo and Pepe at the minimum.

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Oct 20, 2018

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

I like to think I have the scariest CB pairing at the moment

Also there's nothing like winning the ball off neymar and kicking it at his face lol

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
I'm selling Big Ron. He was great but having one insane player on an otherwise pretty good team isn't really my style, and I can use part of the money to improve my bpl team and part of it to build a very nice bundesliga/la liga hybrid and part of it to invest.

his stats from 9 games of weekend league. Inflated because I scored 5 in my first game with him (Not actually on purpose, he's just very good) but not really doing much more for me than lewandowski did or Aubameyang is doing.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Plus he does rape irl

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Stefan Prodan posted:

Plus he does rape irl

That too.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Finished at gold 1 again this week with one game left, 20-9.

Sold my Ronnie for 2.9 million, built this team from the money, bought some cheap OTW players to see what happens, tried Pogba out (he's good, but not worth 600k).

Lewa as has already been discussed is insane but Griezmann is also loving incredible.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Being poo poo at this game really limits its enjoyability.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
The only way to get better is play more and long for death. I had a hell of a time adjusting this year and spent the first couple of weeks struggling to score even one or two goals a game, but now things are pretty much back to normal and i reliably score 3-4+ a game.

Oh also I tried out Neuer with the squad linked above but immediately replaced him because he cost me a game by rushing out like he likes to do IRL without any input from me and giving up easy chips to my opponent.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Seltzer any update on your latest in form investments? Hofmann and Stuani don’t seem to be going up at all, should I cut my losses and sell now or hold out?

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

RCarr posted:

Seltzer any update on your latest in form investments? Hofmann and Stuani don’t seem to be going up at all, should I cut my losses and sell now or hold out?

The reus thing is out for awhile so that will have effects on Hofmann and Alcacer. All three cards I got have been steadily climbing so I'm in no rush. I'm up 200k so far on a 1 million put out which isn't great but it's still fine. Alcacer will keep going up as long as the reus thing is out, hoffman might go up more as well. As for stuani, wait for liga potm.

Anyways I think these halloween cards are really being slept on, it's crazy to me. Rotating 90 stats all year.... I got Pepe who is great and Abdulraman who is a fun super sub. I honestly think people don't fully grasp how they work because they're undervalued imo. Absolutely making a false 9 around Balo. IF Pandev is my favorite card to use atm, he's just so good and he seems to put something extra on his passes to make for a great attack. It's like there is curve on his passes as well. I think the M/L wr really suits the False 9. Scoring a fair haul of headers as well which you might not suspect.

Also I like how I can get a futchamps card for just 6 wins now. I think I went 6-3. I never have time for WL so getting those silver WL cards each month last year was really lovely.

Other cards I've been using that are sick- Cuadrado is like broken or something. Crazy dribbler obviously but his shooting is surprisingly good and he's top tier at maintaining possession. +1 for the annoying custom goal celebration as well. Allan is basicallythe best short CDM in the game, the ultimate bargain

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Well I didn't get to play WL this weekend which was unlucky but I pulled Handanovic and Fernandinho in my gold 1 squad battles (I can only put up with playing a few per week now) so that was pretty good!

eternity test
Apr 30, 2006
Holy poo poo scream Caceres as a CM is really good. 99 shot power 99 longshots and decent allround stats. He was banging them in for me from long range last night as a half time sub.

I bought Suarez last night to replace IF Ben Yedder in my La Liga team and I just could not get him to work in my team. I think he got like 2 or 3 goals in about 10 games so im gonna sell him and try Griezmann instead. Ben Yedder is great but im kind of bored with him so hopefully Griezmann works out.

Im at the point now where both my teams are really good so any new players I buy feel like sidegrades at best. Im thinking about selling one of my teams and build a bundesliga squad because I would love to try Lewandowski but the bundesliga wingers look really lovely and I hate playing narrow formations this year.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

eternity test posted:

Holy poo poo scream Caceres as a CM is really good. 99 shot power 99 longshots and decent allround stats. He was banging them in for me from long range last night as a half time sub.

I bought Suarez last night to replace IF Ben Yedder in my La Liga team and I just could not get him to work in my team. I think he got like 2 or 3 goals in about 10 games so im gonna sell him and try Griezmann instead. Ben Yedder is great but im kind of bored with him so hopefully Griezmann works out.

Im at the point now where both my teams are really good so any new players I buy feel like sidegrades at best. Im thinking about selling one of my teams and build a bundesliga squad because I would love to try Lewandowski but the bundesliga wingers look really lovely and I hate playing narrow formations this year.

Reus and Gnabry are both pretty great but the only half decent right winger is Belarabi so yeah it's a problem.

punissuer
Nov 6, 2009
I packed Dybala this morning which is exciting because I always have very bad pack luck! He should be worth about 295k but I don’t really have use for him in my two teams at the moment. Wondering if anyone has opinions in how to spice these up?

I have about 50k coins apart from Dybala

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Seltzer posted:

The reus thing is out for awhile so that will have effects on Hofmann and Alcacer. All three cards I got have been steadily climbing so I'm in no rush. I'm up 200k so far on a 1 million put out which isn't great but it's still fine. Alcacer will keep going up as long as the reus thing is out, hoffman might go up more as well. As for stuani, wait for liga potm.

Of course an hour after I complain, I sell a Stuani for 23k (10k profit). :)

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
My horrible squad making addiction continues, behold:

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

So they dropped the CSL sbc. I don't know who to pick. Oscar is better on paper but he's weak and tiny and I can't really think of a formation asider from 4231 where I'd use. Him, Augusto looks pretty good. Thoughts?

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Oscar is like 5'10 in game, that's pretty 'average'. But Augusto looks way better.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

hopterque posted:

Oscar is like 5'10 in game, that's pretty 'average'. But Augusto looks way better.

I thought he was tiny irl because he looks 14. My initial thoughts are Augusto is better for me but Oscar looks like a very very good CAM, I just dont often use traditional cams.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

i just packed my first totw player (salnaes) and he kind of sucks. Is there any reason to hold on to him or should I try to sell as soon as possible?

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

The Kingfish posted:

i just packed my first totw player (salnaes) and he kind of sucks. Is there any reason to hold on to him or should I try to sell as soon as possible?

most inform players are basically discard, unless you've got a good player or an 83 or 84+ one its not usually worth holding onto them.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

I went with Renato, his stats are better, He can play CM/CAM and I don't like Chelsea or Oscar.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
I'm probably gonna do it to pick up renato myself, I grabbed Talisca because there isn't really a better option but I want a more defensive minded CM for that spot.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Should I be using custom tactics? I haven’t touched anything like that because I don’t know what I’m doing. I’m slowly creeping up on division 5 in rivals. Anything else I should know that’s not obvious?

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed
Just when I'm about done with this game I pack Sergio Ramos from gold 3 SB rewards

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

sorry for the lovely quality, but who/what should I pick up next?

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
IMO for offense the best thing you can do is learn timed finishing which turns everyone into Ronaldo so therefore you should spend your money on CDMs and CBs first

eternity test
Apr 30, 2006
Full moon is tonight so now might be a good time to invest in cheap scream cards in good leagues that currently have the wrong stats boosted.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I did 10 or so UCL sbcs today with all the crap and untradeable cards in my club and uhhh I did pretty well on the very last one

Weirdly I already had an untradeable normal kante and I also got an untradeable CL Coman today so I guess I'm gonna switch to a French team now that I have like over a million coins worth of untradeable french dudes

Stefan Prodan fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Oct 23, 2018

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
mbappe is a million coins on his own jesus.

Nice loving pull, I did like 20 of the uprades and my only player of note was goretzka, who i'm quite happy with but still.

E: I really get tempted to work on my teams midweek because of division rivals games but I always have to remind myself that div rivals is at this point on average significantly more difficult than weekend league and I just need to not melt down about it.

hopterque fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Oct 24, 2018

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress

The SituAsian posted:

Just when I'm about done with this game I pack Sergio Ramos from gold 3 SB rewards

Holy poo poo I just got him again from the SBC

VVV Should've been more clear, it was another regular from the marquee matchups.

The SituAsian fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Oct 24, 2018

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

The SituAsian posted:

Holy poo poo I just got him again from the SBC

Champion's league ramos then? thats sick.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

hoorayyyy.........

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress

Seltzer posted:

hoorayyyy.........

it's a shame Sporting didn't make the Champions League so that way could've gotten Raphinha as well

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Seltzer posted:

hoorayyyy.........

lol

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Can someone give me some advice for my team please?

I'm tired of losing. I can't get out of Division 6 in Rivals. I don't know what I'm doing differently than other players, but it feels like my opponents computer controlled players fly to the ball, make automatic tackles, and generally play like they care about defense, while mine never move toward the ball, even if it's a few feet away. I swear the ball has rolled over my players feet when my opponent makes a pass and my player doesn't even attempt to move their foot an inch to get the ball. They always seem to be moving the wrong way, or not moving at all when they should be moving , while my opponents players stay in perfect position most of the time, all without ever being manually controlled.

eternity test
Apr 30, 2006

RCarr posted:

Can someone give me some advice for my team please?

I'm tired of losing. I can't get out of Division 6 in Rivals. I don't know what I'm doing differently than other players, but it feels like my opponents computer controlled players fly to the ball, make automatic tackles, and generally play like they care about defense, while mine never move toward the ball, even if it's a few feet away. I swear the ball has rolled over my players feet when my opponent makes a pass and my player doesn't even attempt to move their foot an inch to get the ball. They always seem to be moving the wrong way, or not moving at all when they should be moving , while my opponents players stay in perfect position most of the time, all without ever being manually controlled.

This is super obvious but sell your forwards and spend more on defense and midfield that team looks very unbalanced. I havent used a premier league squad so cant really recommend anyone but just get whatever cheap op attackers people are using this year and spend 200k on CBs and 200k on midfielders and your ai defending will be much better.

Tactics wise I use 5/5 depth/width and pressure after change of posession. I also turn on team pressing at around minute 60 and it makes a huge difference when defending a lead or mounting a comeback and really catches most opponents off guard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

eternity test posted:

This is super obvious but sell your forwards and spend more on defense and midfield that team looks very unbalanced. I haven used a premier league squad so cant really recommend anyone but just get whatever cheap op attackers people are using this year and spend 200k on CBs and 200k on midfielders and your AI defending will be much better.

Tactics wise I use 5/5 depth/width and pressure after change of possession. I also turn on team pressing at around minute 60 and it makes a huge difference when defending a lead or mounting a comeback and really catches most opponents off guard.

Coins aren't a problem. I have 200k atm, and another 300k+ in TotW investments (thanks Seltzer). Can anyone help me out in regards to which midfielders and defenders to target?

I was also considering just selling everyone and trying to make the Bundersliga/La Liga hybrid team posted by the guy who packed Ronaldo.