Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Multiplayer team, I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
M stands for Multiplayer, meaning you've got that item equipped on someone in the MP configuration (where equipped items and abilities are stored separately).

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!
I want to clear out some of the hard stuff before the fest goes away, but I'm having some trouble with the Judge fight at the end of Pharos. Using my crazy Holy team, I can beat Ghis and Bergan, but Gabranth wrecks my poo poo super fast with damage that outpaces Elarra's USB. I get that he has a dispel, but can I pop a Godwall afterwards and he still hits for 4000 or so AOE damage. Is there any other trick to it that I might be missing?

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Sesq posted:

I want to clear out some of the hard stuff before the fest goes away, but I'm having some trouble with the Judge fight at the end of Pharos. Using my crazy Holy team, I can beat Ghis and Bergan, but Gabranth wrecks my poo poo super fast with damage that outpaces Elarra's USB. I get that he has a dispel, but can I pop a Godwall afterwards and he still hits for 4000 or so AOE damage. Is there any other trick to it that I might be missing?

He gives himself an insane buff to his stats that you can't dispel unless you have Auron's USB which inflicts the corresponding debuff. Other than that, there's not much you can do.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
If you can RW Auron USB1 (Alkaid), its debuff combination is the exact opposite of Gabranth's enrage self-buff: ATK, DEF, RES. Due to the coding, it will overwrite the buff completely, and that's a 75% boost to his damage and defenses you can wipe from the table.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!

Alxprit posted:

He gives himself an insane buff to his stats that you can't dispel unless you have Auron's USB which inflicts the corresponding debuff. Other than that, there's not much you can do.

Hmmm, I do happen to have that USB. Guess I should figure out how to fit him in.

Edit: Beat him, thanks to Auron. Goddamn it was close at the end though. Ramza popped his chain four times in that fight. Makes me wish I had picked Godwall on the USB selection. I picked OK mUSB instead.

Sesq fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Oct 20, 2018

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!
Went in on banner 2 because why the gently caress not:

100 gem pull - 1/1 Gilgamesh CSB :stare:

50 mythril pull - 3/11 Lenna BSB, Galuf CSB, Bartz USB.

Well hot dog, I suddenly have a physical fire team for Magicite. :v:

How does Galuf's chain stack up versus Ingus' CSB chain? I have both but if Galuf can help push out more damage than Ingus I will sub him in.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

DeadButDelicious posted:

Went in on banner 2 because why the gently caress not:

100 gem pull - 1/1 Gilgamesh CSB :stare:

50 mythril pull - 3/11 Lenna BSB, Galuf CSB, Bartz USB.

Well hot dog, I suddenly have a physical fire team for Magicite. :v:

How does Galuf's chain stack up versus Ingus' CSB chain? I have both but if Galuf can help push out more damage than Ingus I will sub him in.
gen 2 chains start at +50% elemental damage and go up to +200%. Ingus Chain starts at +31% and goes up to 120%. After that it's +50% attack vs. Last Stand. Most of the time Galuf CSB will just be better

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Galuf also gets a 6* ability in the new iron fist, or can stone press if you don’t have Cinque/Gladio. Both of them can prot/shelga, though Ingus does have wrath access and last stand with that can be invaluable.

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!
Yeah I think I might have to rethink my earth Magicite team a little to accommodate. I was running Cinque/Tifa/Ingus/Iris/OK but now I think that Cinque/TGCid/Galuf/Selphie/OK might be a better comp with the new chain.

Also wow okay, gently caress that 220 raid boss very much? You get next to no time to DPS it before flowers respawn. 160 solo was fine but 220 is being a real pain if only because the flowers take a lot to whittle down.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

So,
Cherry Blossom (FFT)
Learned from the Material Blade, which has FFT synergy
Am I missing something? Why does this Soul Break belong to Cloud?

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Augus posted:

So,
Cherry Blossom (FFT)
Learned from the Material Blade, which has FFT synergy
Am I missing something? Why does this Soul Break belong to Cloud?

It was a sword he had when he had a cameo in FFT. Which is also where he had that skill I think.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I didn’t know Cloud was in FFT!

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Augus posted:

I didn’t know Cloud was in FFT!

I mean had his own special class and everything but if memory serves it kinda blew because of the way it's moves worked, had bad stat growth and Cloud himself joined at level 1. But he was there.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Caidin posted:

I mean had his own special class and everything but if memory serves it kinda blew because of the way it's moves worked, had bad stat growth and Cloud himself joined at level 1. But he was there.

He had the same problem as most of the characters with Wait moves: beyond a certain point it was impossible to use them on anyone because they would just take a turn and move out of the way before your attack went off.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
The bar for good unique characters in FFT is pretty fuckin' high, too; you get Agrias and Mustadio two chapters earlier.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

No. 1 Apartheid Fan posted:

The bar for good unique characters in FFT is pretty fuckin' high, too; you get Agrias and Mustadio two chapters earlier.

The sidequest to give you Cloud gives you the best character in the game that isn't Orlandeau, on top of that. Seriously, why would you ever use Cloud since you had Worker 8 right there as a prerequisite.

Oh and I guess Beowulf is really broken too.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
1/11 Bartz fire BSB. Not a dupe but gently caress this gacha. I'm hoarding until 4A now and I will brute loving force AASBs. I'm so sick of this game trolling me with 1/11 5* trash. I want G6 now. Harumph. :mad:

eelmonger
Jun 20, 2008
Is banner 2 the best physical fire one we'll see for awhile? I think I need one more fire person for the ice magicite and Bartz and Gilgamesh would both be welcome additions but I already have Galuf's chain so the whole 2 CHAINZ hype is lost on me and the bottom of the banner is really boring, doubly so for me because most of them are dupes.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
FFII, which should be next week, only had 1 event banner, and a Fire Pick-Up Banner that served as "banner 2". If we get that, it's

Locke USB1, BSB2
Vincent USB1, BSB1, LMR
Zell USB, BSB2, LMR1
Sabin USB, BSB, LMR1
Amarant USB, BSB, LMR1

Otherwise, next fest's Fire banner had

Squall USB3/BSB3
Vivi AOSB/Glint/LMR2
Zell AOSB/Glint/LMR2
Vincent USB2/Glint/BSB2/LMR
Gilgamesh CSB

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

eelmonger posted:

Is banner 2 the best physical fire one we'll see for awhile? I think I need one more fire person for the ice magicite and Bartz and Gilgamesh would both be welcome additions but I already have Galuf's chain so the whole 2 CHAINZ hype is lost on me and the bottom of the banner is really boring, doubly so for me because most of them are dupes.

In terms of normal event banners, yeah. The next big one is probably the next FF6 event, which came out on June 30 in JP. It will have AOSBs for Sabin, Edgar, and Locke, a BUSB for Locke, and Sabin's USB.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
Speaking of Banners, I'm up to 30 Mythril, which I guess it's a good safety net in case a must have banner appears. I'm eyeing the Lightning one because I have her at level 80. My team so far is:

- Lightning
- Cloud with Cherry Blosom.
- Terra with Magitek Inferno.
- Arc with the Instaheal.
- Tyro for the Grimoire thing.

Because that's basically all I have. I have SSB for Fang and Warrior of Light from somewhere, I think

It's a good idea to pull on the banner, or should I just use either Fang or WoL for their SSBs?

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Hogama posted:

Squall USB3/BSB3
Vivi AOSB/Glint/LMR2
Zell AOSB/Glint/LMR2
Gilgamesh CSB

Come to think of it, wasn't this that weird fest that started the 2% offbanner character relic thing? I'm curious whether Global will follow suit or just add a 6* and 5* relic to the banner since that idea sort of crashed and burned.

Like, this banner technically has two fire chains on it - just a really low chance for Vincent's.

Edit: whoops, misread stuff.

pichupal fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Oct 22, 2018

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Fat Samurai posted:

Speaking of Banners, I'm up to 30 Mythril, which I guess it's a good safety net in case a must have banner appears. I'm eyeing the Lightning one because I have her at level 80. My team so far is:

- Lightning
- Cloud with Cherry Blosom.
- Terra with Magitek Inferno.
- Arc with the Instaheal.
- Tyro for the Grimoire thing.

Because that's basically all I have. I have SSB for Fang and Warrior of Light from somewhere, I think

It's a good idea to pull on the banner, or should I just use either Fang or WoL for their SSBs?

In your case I'd wait till Friday. We'll get a new set of 15 mythril banners, one for each realm, that are BSB and above. They're 11-pulls too, so heavily discounted. Since you're still at the point where basically anything new is good, getting a bunch of discounted pulls is real nice.

eelmonger
Jun 20, 2008

Hogama posted:

FFII, which should be next week, only had 1 event banner, and a Fire Pick-Up Banner that served as "banner 2". If we get that, it's

Locke USB1, BSB2
Vincent USB1, BSB1, LMR
Zell USB, BSB2, LMR1
Sabin USB, BSB, LMR1
Amarant USB, BSB, LMR1

Squall USB3/BSB3
Vivi AOSB/Glint/LMR2
Zell AOSB/Glint/LMR2
Gilgamesh CSB

That fest banner is pretty sweet, hopefully they ditch the whole off-banner thing and throw Vincent chain on there or something. Sorry Bartz, I will never have any of your toys.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

How long did they do the off-banner thing in JP?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Isn't there some upcoming Fest that will require at least 200 Mythril?

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Who has all the gen2 holy and dark chains?

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

fridge corn posted:

Who has all the gen2 holy and dark chains?
Holy is Ramza for +ATK and Edward for +MAG/MND

Dark is Seifer +ATK and Golbez +MAG

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

iPodschun posted:

Holy is Ramza for +ATK and Edward for +MAG/MND

Dark is Seifer +ATK and Golbez +MAG

thx babes

eelmonger
Jun 20, 2008

Kheldarn posted:

This Friday, the newcomer draws are replaced with a banner for each realm (so 17 of them) that is BSB/LMR+. The first 11 pull on these is only 15 mythril (subsequent pulls are the full 50), so that's 255. Is that what you're talking about?

The good thing is that they are effectively permanent, so there's no rush to pull on them apart from powercreep deflating their value. They do have a disclaimer that says the pools could change, but they haven't in JP so far and the AA also has that disclaimer and those have yet to change either. My gut tells me if they ever do update the pools, they'll reset the 15 mythril pull too.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Kheldarn posted:

there's always something coming! atm the biggest thing people have been anticipating is the ff14 banner coming with new alphinaud / papalala toys, which is like 3 weeks away. Other than that the banners are mostly various levels of "OK" until next fest around christmas.

You may be thinking of the upcoming new replacement for the newcomer banners, which are basically banners for each realm that are bsb minimum and you can pull once on each realm for 15 mythril (normally 50 as usual). Last I heard the estimated time for this was ... Friday. These banners won't be going away though so no rush to pull on them (but from what I've heard, like the newcomer banners they will not be getting new relics over time, so they won't be improving as new relics are added to the game)

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Does bsb minimum include LMRs and glints?

eelmonger
Jun 20, 2008
Yes.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Live, laugh, kupo!

I feel like "say 'screw it' and tank the crazy form" should be in Mog's tips for Gogo. I crafted Firaga, Meteor and Flare trying to follow along without def buffing.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

You're definitely not supposed to mimic the entire fight, just the part at the beginning where he does nothing. Sorry about your orbs.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Bruceski posted:

I feel like "say 'screw it' and tank the crazy form" should be in Mog's tips for Gogo. I crafted Firaga, Meteor and Flare trying to follow along without def buffing.

I think the hard Gogo you're "supposed" to mimic his first few spells but it's better to ignore that and fight him like normal.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
On the Ultimate++ Gogo fight, if you can manage to mimic him properly (you need to bring Firaga, Flare, Holy, and Meteor) for four turns, he will be Satisfied and have an easier moveset for the rest of the fight.
If you mess up at any step (including not casting the proper spell before he casts another one), he goes into his Angry moveset.

Satisfied moveset: Physical: Attack, Critical (Single-target), Critical (AoE)
Magical: Holy (Single-target holy), Flare (Single-target), Meteor (AoE)

Angry moveset: Physical: Critical (Single-target), Critical (AoE)
Magical: Meteor (AoE), Snowstorm (AoE ice), Blaze (AoE fire + 18% chance to Sap), Aqua Breath (AoE water)
Additional: Maelstrom (AoE 30% chance to deal 99% current HP), Haste (Self Haste)

He doesn't get any kind of stat boosts (though he'll always Haste when he goes into Angry mode), so there's no particular need to play his mimic game if you can handle more aggressive incoming damage.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

I could handle his more aggressive damage but I can't handle flare and meteor to the face without godwall and healing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Live, laugh, kupo!

Qwertycoatl posted:

I could handle his more aggressive damage but I can't handle flare and meteor to the face without godwall and healing.

That was my issue too. Flare would kill people, and meteor would kill anyone already hit by firaga or holy. If that was the person you needed to cast? Reset!

First time I managed to trigger his full-heal a second time before it flipped into crazy mode, so I thought you HAD to mimic and he'd keep healing otherwise.