Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
The hosed up thing about NP's placement in the chain that confused me for a while is that if you pick, say, a Buster card, it will highlight the NP card red as if it were receiving the buster effect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Motto posted:

Rider Kintoki can nab a silly big Quick bonus off overcharge, though then you probably aren't refilling with other Quick cards.

oh right, card type bonuses/card res down debuffs

as long as those hit the character/the target before their damage they should be increasing np damage too

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
When it comes to overcharge, the only thing it increases is the effect explicitly marked as increasing with Overcharge in the NP's description. That means if you have a servant like Arash, whose overcharge increases his damage, or Da Vinci, who gets an NP damage buff before she shoots, or Bedivere, who increases his Buster performance, then by putting those guys at the end of a chain you can get more overcharge and increase the damage their NP does.

By contrast, overcharging someone like Brave Liz only increases the damage of the Burn debuff her NP inflicts by a pitiful amount, and most Arturia clones increase the amount of NP gauge that's refunded after the NP.

It's not really a huge deal most of the time, it's just that you need to consider the order when chaining multiple NPs together to give the overcharge to the servant who wants it the most.

Mutant Headcrab
May 14, 2007
So NP damage increases (when applicable) when the NP levels up? That is, an NP 2 is straight up stronger than NP 1 with or without overcharge?

I was under the impression, based on how the information is formatted on most wikis, that damage was tied to overcharge in addition to specifically listed effects.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the formatting is a bit confusing but the overcharge level and actual np level are separate. so np levels make the damage stronger, but you only gain overcharge levels by going over 100% or chaining

e: for the sake of an example, NP3 Bedivere would do 900% damage but if he's using NP at 100% charge, his pre-NP buster buff is the base 30%. that 50% buster buff at "lv3" requires 300% NP (which you can't get at NP3, lol) or being the third NP in a chain.

dogsicle fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Oct 22, 2018

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Ha, the servants in the new Emiya Rank up quest are the ones you would fight in Extra if you saved Rin (well a different version of Vald, but still a Vlad). That's kind of funny.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

I am now done being a meme

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Hope your bone supply is doing OK, unless that somehow miraculously stopped being a problem in JP.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

Mutant Headcrab posted:

I was under the impression, based on how the information is formatted on most wikis, that damage was tied to overcharge in addition to specifically listed effects.

NP base damage is straight up based on NP level, so a NP5 is always going to be stronger than an NP1 (assuming all other variables like level, attack stat and buffs are the same). This is what makes certain welfare servants so strong; it's way simpler to get rider Kintoki to NP5 with the additional 800% damage that brings than it is to get Anne and Mary to it.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

Nate RFB posted:

Hope your bone supply is doing OK, unless that somehow miraculously stopped being a problem in JP.

i wish

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
EMIYA Strengthening 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPvtFqbeyD4

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Nate RFB posted:

I'm doing okay in the bone zone all things considered, chains and skill gems are the cursed mats for me

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKaQPkq6Ypw

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!

Mutant Headcrab posted:

So NP damage increases (when applicable) when the NP levels up? That is, an NP 2 is straight up stronger than NP 1 with or without overcharge?

NP strength is dependant primarily on what NP level the attack is, not on the overcharge. If you have someone at NP5, you'll always be doing the NP5 level of damage. Only the part of the NP that is listed as [b]Overcharge[b] benefits from your Overcharge Level.

Mutant Headcrab
May 14, 2007
Thanks for the replies everyone! That really helped clear up a misconception I had re: NPs.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Mutant Headcrab posted:

Thanks for the replies everyone! That really helped clear up a misconception I had re: NPs.

It's actually one of the few times they just tell you the correct information in game. Every NP description indicates which effects increase with level and which effects increase with overcharge - though apart from weird exceptions like Euryale most damaging NPs work the same way so you don't need to check.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

:siren: :tastykake: :vince: :tastykake: :siren:

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Congrats!

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Did Nero’s “Umu” vocal tick come from anything in particular, or was it just those anime things?

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Unlucky7 posted:

Did Nero’s “Umu” vocal tick come from anything in particular, or was it just those anime things?

It's just a way to say "Yes" in Japanese. If you pay attention you will notice that other characters say that, in some occasions.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Yeah, it's just a random word or interjection. I heard it a decent bit in a game I just finished, and it was usually translated as "indeed" coming from a regal character, but more informally from everybody else. As far as the TL goes it's just one of those words that english anime fans randomly latched onto and gets left as-is coming from her for meme value.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

YggdrasilTM posted:

It's just a way to say "Yes" in Japanese. If you pay attention you will notice that other characters say that, in some occasions.

Huh, I know that “Uhn” is a way of saying yes in JP but never heard Umu used. Makes sense as an atypical utterance.

Also STOP BEING CREEPY TOWARDS YOUR NIECE CALIGUA.

Never thought I have to type that

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Caligula isn't being creepy, he just legitimately loves her and wants to protect her. Look at his bond CE.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
How early do you get Brave Liz in this event? Is it an event where you get her right at the beginning as a provisional servant, or closer to the Prillya event where she only joins at the very end?

I like Elisabeth and I don't have many Sabers, so I've been stockpiling exp for her.

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

According to the wiki, it's the former, she joins as a temporary Servant after the second main quest.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
Apparently this was pre-announced last week and I missed it somehow but you can now overwrite 1 and 2* Command Codes without needing removers, destroying them in the process. Finally it's time to go use them all.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
We got info hot off the presses here for JP FGO

-Shock of all shocks, Sitonai is the fuckin 5* servant that was silhouetted. She's Alter Ego class with an ST Arts NP ST that applies Defense Down and Crit Down(both 3turns, OC) and decreases enemy NP charge by 1 if they are Dragon trait. She also calls her bear Shiro which got a chuckle out of me. Most importantly, after the event goes up tomorrow she is the first, PERMANENT ALTER EGO SERVANT only accessible in the story gacha since she's a retroactive story lock for Lostbelt 2, but she'll be there and on rateup more often than the grade schooler with the stick.
-The 4* freebie is Shuten-Douji as a caster, idk why they hid her name but they're showing it now and that's who she is. During the event if you use her in main quests she gets a 50% NP charge at the start of those fights, but more importantly her NP effects apply sure-hit before damage and poison after damage so her NP is already good.
-The 5* freebie Event CEs all buff a specific card type and for the time of the event they'll buff a card type by 100-500% depending on how much of the event currency you have which are called Otomodachi Points which translate to friend points, but I'm gonna call them OP for the sake of brevity and simplicity. OP are also gonna give you rewards like any score based Events as long as you keep collecting them and there are BONES as a reward for them too.
-There are three new command codes that are Siegfried based. The 3* one removes a debuff from the user when that card is used, the 4* one buffs crit damage on that card against dragon trait enemies by 25%, and the 5* one has a 20% damage buff against dragon trait enemies as well.
-The Cu 5* CE is straight up a reenactment of a scene from HA.
-The new Lalter CE is another ReDrop CE so if you missed Trick or Treatment on the Halloween rerun, you can get this one.
-The main quest missions are all unlocking day by day and all of them will be available as of the 30th.

If I'm missing anything, please make sure to clarify, but this about all of the new stuff that hasn't already been mentioned like the QOL stuff that lists your material amounts at the end of a quest and the ability to remove 1 and 2* command codes without a remover. Here are the NPs of the two new characters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7DqZIMCXtg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9dzy-PijL8

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 11:52 on Oct 23, 2018

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

those are some good nps

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Fishing Cu makes me so happy

What's a Sitonai though

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

Fishing Cu makes me so happy

What's a Sitonai though

It's an Illya, except possessed by a god/gods.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
Need more Illya-face servants.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Laughin my rear end off at the event currency being Friend Points, not to be confused with the other Friend Points.

Also holy poo poo Ilya's riding a big fuzzy bear.

Tired Moritz posted:

What's a Sitonai though

To try and give this with as few spoilers as possible:

She's a High Servant like Meltlilith/Passionlip/etc from CCC, meaning she's a fusion of several divine spirits that have been mixed in one vessel. Sitonai is an Ainu goddess who I'd never heard of before FGO. Several of the Japanese Lets Players I follow hadn't heard of her either, so she's not exactly major even in Japan. Since Sitonai is the divinity that's strongest in her, it's what she uses for name, outfit, etc. The other goddesses in her are (spoilered just in case since it's not on the event announcement page)Louhi from Finnish mythology and Freyja from Norse mythology.

She first made an appearance during the Part 2 story, catching JP players by surprise because she wasn't on the gacha or in the promotional material or anything.

The very important thing to remember about her is that she is the original Ilya from FSN who kills you a lot with her big muscle man, not the inferior magical girl version who merely gets you arrested with her lesbian twin sister.

tl;dr character designers got drunk while watching Golden Kamui and made an Ainu Ilyaface.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
she's cute and i like her outfit

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
NA Halloween news is up too.

https://webview.fate-go.us/2018/1023_hcomeback/index.html

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Bakanogami posted:

She first made an appearance during the Part 2 story, catching JP players by surprise because she wasn't on the gacha or in the promotional material or anything.

she's in the trailer fighting skadi, there were some 'woah who's that' type things at least among my friends

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Yes

El Burbo fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Oct 23, 2018

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Aurora posted:

she's in the trailer fighting skadi, there were some 'woah who's that' type things at least among my friends

Ah geez, you're right. She's kinda shadowy and I didn't watch the trailer until after I'd beat the chapter so I completely forgot.,

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Ah, yes, the grand tradition of Casters just saying 'gently caress it' and clobbering you to death is alive and well.

This is adorable.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
her bear is named shirou

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
That is probably the tamest Halloween Re:Drop art I've seen in this game.