Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!

Fishstick posted:

Did trump say something new re: trans people?

No, the administration is trying to erase them through legalese.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

scorpion_frogdance.wmv

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Fishstick posted:

Did trump say something new re: trans people?

Turns out the administration has decided current US legislation is far too lax on trans people and wants to legally force people to identify as their birth gender.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Tiberius Christ posted:

Destiny spends hours trying to debate chuds and nazis on twitch, he's really thorough and nitpicks the hell out of their arguments, it's great to watch and get caught up on alt-right talking points. He says he's a pro-capitalist liberal, but he absolutely hates the gently caress out of the right for how dumb they are.

for instance just watch the opening to this video :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvsLIxBIJGw

A condensed version of this is pretty satisfying but there's only so much you can stand, if you lean back and realize there's a good 30% of the voter base that is just like that moron he was "debating" with, and then you start looking for the pills and booze

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope

Flesh Forge posted:

A condensed version of this is pretty satisfying but there's only so much you can stand, if you lean back and realize there's a good 30% of the voter base that is just like that moron he was "debating" with, and then you start looking for the pills and booze

That's the most satisfying part of watching Destiny's meltdowns against conservatives. We've all been there and Destiny is enough of an rear end in a top hat to go ham on them.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/325679712?t=34m50s
Not sure if it was linked, but Hassan does a post game replay of the debate while Destiny gives tips. Worth a listen because Destiny shares his tips based on his experiences.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

https://twitter.com/KrangTNelson/status/1054091784064778241

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

things are looking a little more clear with charlie kirk after some research on his dad

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

I like how Charlie Kirk hates it when people try to label him as anything but a conservative or assume his positions/stances, but he spends his time in debates blaming/burdening his opponents with every left/liberal issue right from the start

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

CheeseSpawn posted:

That's the most satisfying part of watching Destiny's meltdowns against conservatives. We've all been there and Destiny is enough of an rear end in a top hat to go ham on them.

I'm glad he realized deplatforming the actual nazis is good, he did a show with Baked Alaska and it was really lovely that he gave so much free attention to that piece of poo poo. Glad in general he's getting more and more blunt, although he's too patient with people blatantly bad faithing it up or just being super loving stupid.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
old baked alaska content that I was not made aware of until just now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiHftejWSvU

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope

Flesh Forge posted:

I'm glad he realized deplatforming the actual nazis is good, he did a show with Baked Alaska and it was really lovely that he gave so much free attention to that piece of poo poo. Glad in general he's getting more and more blunt, although he's too patient with people blatantly bad faithing it up or just being super loving stupid.

Much like his previous Baked Alaska encounter and other debates with the skeptics, Destiny initially believed in good faith arguments. He actually thought that people are rational and logically and that if you brought facts to the table, the nuances of issues could be discussed and there would be some kind of consensus. His encounter with youtube trash skeptics and the alt light taught him otherwise. After he was deplatformed from Twitter and visits from the FBI, he finally opened his eyes. I think he recapped it in a recent interview.

It's always interesting to learn how people shift their political ideologies. Destiny's video catalog shows his evolution from libertarian to left leaning liberal. Unlike other youtubers, Destiny is able to logically reason and explain why he holds his beliefs. He's describes himself as an egotist and warns people that he does not actively fight for leftist issues and their just align to what he believes. His fatal flaw right now is he's not versed enough in economics and history. I think he would shift more left if he actually cared to look into those topics more deeply.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/tedcruz/status/1043278255740973058

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

i don't get it, does Ted agree or is he trying some kind of "HE SAID WHITE POLICE OFFICERS!" thing?

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

mono posted:

i don't get it, does Ted agree or is he trying some kind of "HE SAID WHITE POLICE OFFICERS!" thing?

Beto says white cops shouldn't be able to lynch black people, which is a horrifying proposition to ted cruz voters

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Tetracube posted:

Beto says white cops shouldn't be able to lynch black people, which is a horrifying proposition to ted cruz voters

“Rafael Edward Cruz” whining that cops can’t lynch black people and other people of color is a pretty wild thing.

Somehow I don’t think that a Nazi cop will believe Rafael Cruz’s excuse that he’s not Hispanic but actually a sentient pile of diarrhea right before the cop caves his head in with a Louisville Slugger.

smoke sumthin bitch
Dec 14, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

CheeseSpawn posted:

After he was deplatformed from Twitter and visits from the FBI, he finally opened his eyes. I think he recapped it in a recent interview.

trying to understand the mental gymnastics of getting deplatformed for debating nazis and then turning around and thinking deplatforming and censorship is good

Slutitution
Jun 26, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo

nickmeister posted:

Even more peculiar, I only ever seem to hear that talking point from crypto fascists etc. Leftists seem to focus more on how annoying they think cenk is or how he isn't left enough.

the fact that he didn't bring that up is baffling. I guess hes not red pulled enough.

Except for the fact that he did name his show after perpetrators of the Armenian Genocide when Cenk himself was an Armenian Genocide denier.

Slutitution has issued a correction as of 16:53 on Oct 23, 2018

Ghost Head
Sep 16, 2008
I watched some clips of those politicon debates and it's amazing how every conservative talks with a cadence like someone burst in on them holding a knife over a dead body and was asked "what the gently caress is this?"

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

smoke sumthin bitch posted:

trying to understand the mental gymnastics of getting deplatformed for debating nazis and then turning around and thinking deplatforming and censorship is good

it's because the nazis decided to swat him over how mad they were he debated them

he came to the sensible conclusion that actually, debating these people is a total waste of your time

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

smoke sumthin bitch posted:

He probably realized that it works

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

https://twitter.com/classiclib3ral/status/1054753111661776898

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

who the hell is Mike Ma

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The nazi that Laura was drunkenly hitting on in the famous clip. Laura though it would be an "alpha" move to "own" her humiliation by "rolling with the punches" and keep hitting on him online as him and his nazi friends actively gaslit her and goaded her into posting more humiliating things.

Anyway feeling bad for her is lame though

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

mono posted:

who the hell is Mike Ma

A nazi who awkwardly turned down Laura Loomer's drunken offer to snuff her as fetish roleplay.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
Mike Ma is shorthand for Mickey Mauser

Serf
May 5, 2011

mike ma isn't jack ma's son?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Is that the same guy/one of the same guys who said that she blackmailed him into sex (aka raped him)? Not that he should get any sympathy or indeed be allowed to live.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

people like loomer or laci green just don't get it. when you kowtow to these gross fuckers they'll always treat you like garbage simply because you're a woman

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BOOSness Hammocks posted:

Is that the same guy/one of the same guys who said that she blackmailed him into sex (aka raped him)? Not that he should get any sympathy or indeed be allowed to live.

All those dudes we're Mike Ma's 4chan friends who we're bullying her

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

DLC Inc posted:

people like loomer or laci green just don't get it. when you kowtow to these gross fuckers they'll always treat you like garbage simply because you're a woman

Also Jewish

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

DLC Inc posted:

gilead still sucks for the wives. the ghettos still suck for the kapos.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9iPLU3fAFA

Hasan Piker has a conversation with Destiny regarding politics and have a pre-debate debate

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!

I read that tweet expecting him to say something stupid or evil. Watched the video and I agreed completely. Got confused about why you'd post it. Only to finally look at the Twitter poster and I just lost it. :five: thank you and thank my reading order.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/RealSaavedra/status/1054580851252461570

Hrm, yes, who could object to the regal, noble flag of georgia in the 1990s.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Owlbear Camus posted:

oh poo poo abrams is good now

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

DLC Inc posted:

I'm sorry, you must have missed the memo. Laura Loomer is a strong conservative woman(tm) who refuses to be a victim. Institutional bias is just an excuse used by weaklings, like radiation or asbestos.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 18 days!)

Verisimilidude posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9iPLU3fAFA

Hasan Piker has a conversation with Destiny regarding politics and have a pre-debate debate

this is 2 and a half hours long.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

mono posted:

things are looking a little more clear with charlie kirk after some research on his dad

what a weird professional photo

"now lean against the wall. yeah, like that. look real casual-like. now give a very, very slight grin. perfect!"

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Owlbear Camus posted:

oh the Confederate inspired state flag of the state yanking elderly black people off of busses in 2018

such an honorable flag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

this is 2 and a half hours long.

Yeah and they're usually pretty frustrating to listen as some chud circles around the same point the whole time

Can't stop listening to them though