Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
Hmm, dark, wet and maybe filled with coconut

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

That spike is crazy pokey. The beaches after a storm where just littered with them.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Help, I keep clicking the first button but nothing happens!

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
SC researchers now have a significant amount of physics and society data that have lead to breakthrus in "blue lasers" and "ground defense planning"

E: there's only one known culture that has better ground defenses now, but it's due to their insane fanaticism. If they discovered our new defense technology they'd be a tough nut to crack. Our mechanized power claws don't even keep up as it is, but our warlike training + clawtech bridges the gap on offense. They've built a society around peaceful expansion. There would be losses in a war though. They claimed a prime ocean world right out of our grip but give gifts of energy credits on the reg, "in the interests of peace"

Dunno if anyone else has comparable space laser tech, we're locked out of other's space due to our diplomatic pinching. If we can gear up we can begin conquering our mortal enemies, some kind of bullshit sand lizards who hate our xenophillic outlook. Their home world is too strong but we can clamp down on their space resources if we can come up with a reason for war.

SniperWoreConverse fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Sep 16, 2018

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
more space crab updates:

Lowtax was our original Claw Speaker -- the empire leader. Got voted out and took a job as a pretty drat good admiral. Also is apparently female.

There's a problem tho:

This is our first, brand new (and pretty lovely) colony and we need to make a decision. We can either build the research hospital or just kill half the population (it's a special option we have because of the militarist ethic). The hospital will take up one of the slots on this planet that could have had another building. I dunno if it'll provide research or what.

What's the true Way of the Crab?

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

The biggest issue is that "snip snip, motherfucker" could mean either option.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
true. Killing the infected guys will cost between 1/5th and 1/6th of our political capital. This is on par with how much it takes to conquer a few lovely enemy systems or claim 2 unclaimed systems.
building the plague station will take up a building slot like i said. I don't think it costs anything else.

either way we won't know how it goes until i hit the button

also this planet has a ring system i hadn't even realized

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

https://twitter.com/mondomascots/status/1042015378988134402?s=19

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
My god

crabs ARE people!

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

What do you think it means, bitch?
Can you imagine the gnashing and weeping :cry:

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Gonna have to rush that one to the pot.

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi

my heart is warmed

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SniperWoreConverse posted:

There's a problem tho:

This is our first, brand new (and pretty lovely) colony and we need to make a decision. We can either build the research hospital or just kill half the population (it's a special option we have because of the militarist ethic). The hospital will take up one of the slots on this planet that could have had another building. I dunno if it'll provide research or what.

What's the true Way of the Crab?

i love this game. I was so glad when i found peaceful communist crabs to join my alliance :neckbeard:

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

A crab will amputate its own claw when it's under a lot of stress. This is inhumane.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:jp: HE IS RISEN :jp:

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

oh my goodness :kimchi:

Zane
Nov 14, 2007
lmao what on earth

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

I'll apologize in advance for the fox news link but, I thought you guys might get a kick out of this crabby story.

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2018/09/20/angry-mutant-green-crabs-are-destroying-everything-in-their-path.amp.html

quote:

During the research, both sets of green crabs were unleashed on a bed of eel grass and the Canadian species destroyed it, with Frederich comparing the damage to that of Edward Scissorhands, as they tried to look for marine organisms to eat.

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe

Zane posted:

lmao what on earth

Jean-Paul Sarte injected mescaline once, and hallucinated for years that he was being followed by crabs. (He eventually got used to it and called them "my little ones;" apparently they were also very well-behaved.)

Numberwang
Sep 2, 2016
here's a crab

Neuronyx
Dec 8, 2016

This makes me feel so weird because many, maaaaany years ago when I frequented a uh... site I am not proud of ( I was young okay ), there was a nice little thread and me and another poster playfully talked poo poo to each other using pics of smug crabs smoking cigarettes that we edited, and I know for certain this was one of the pics used, though I can't remember if it was one I made or not.

I wonder if it was you, Rex. I wonder if the power of the crab has brought us back together within this ocean of madness.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Numberwang posted:

here's a crab

https://twitter.com/KidsWriteJokes/status/1043818104357302272

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Lr_UBHVgmo

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

What do you think it means, bitch?

Wait, this is a thing? You can buy? And PLAY?!

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
yes.

you can even multicrew where each person controls a leg/claw

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Outstanding.

Speaking of crabs and games, how are the space crabs doing?

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Gunslinger looks like a badass but difficult to play as

Hoplosternum
Jun 2, 2010

:parrot:
This guy is researching invasive pest rats on pacific islands, but the local crabs kept smashing his traps or in this case, stealing them to take back to their burrow for nefarious crab purposes.

https://twitter.com/MarkusGronwald/status/1051682702301126658

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/EVVqgv

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
the emperor should have been an emperor crab

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.

ekuNNN posted:

:jp: HE IS RISEN :jp:

My god, it's the Crab Zardoz

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

#nevertrustacrab

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJLJxnDvq3M&t=85s

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

That gopro vid looks like a brutal death animation in a game where you are paralyzed and the crabs get ya

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Rabbit crabs, truly the most fearsome of units to build in impossible creatures

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns: