Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

cvnvcnv posted:

What's up with the platform with the red-lit center that spawns off in the distance in Haunted Forest?

Never been there but I assume it takes you to the boss if you somehow don't get enough kills.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

xzzy posted:

Never been there but I assume it takes you to the boss if you somehow don't get enough kills.

https://i.imgur.com/xmB5FLC.gifv

It's not the starting area, the boss arena, or the mission end area.

As I figure, it seems one has to kill only Daemons to be able to reach it.

I mean, I can't imagine Thunderlord is over there but I do find it curious.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

I did it

How!
Oct 29, 2009

xzzy posted:

Also exotic armor should have curated perks. RNG ain't ever gonna give me frostees with traction.

I pulled mine from collections and it came with traction

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

cvnvcnv posted:

https://i.imgur.com/xmB5FLC.gifv

It's not the starting area, the boss arena, or the mission end area.

As I figure, it seems one has to kill only Daemons to be able to reach it.

I mean, I can't imagine Thunderlord is over there but I do find it curious.

Ive gotten to one, all it did was bring me to a new path of the instance and killed more stuff. (Its released on the 30th)

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Siljmonster posted:

Ive gotten to one, all it did was bring me to a new path of the instance and killed more stuff. (Its released on the 30th)

Yeah, I figured Thunderlord for then as Black Armory will be probably be about an exact month out from the end of Festival.

But it's a bummer that platform isn't anything :smith:

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Yeah that platform is there in case scrubs get all the way to the other side without killing enough ads to trigger the boss. It regenerates more forest.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Grays

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Grays, you say?

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

Oh my *clutches pearls*

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Lol queensbreaker

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

He indeed mad

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

I dont think you get to post those when you do the gg ez thing first

aluminumonkey
Jun 19, 2002

Reggie loves tacos
I got burned hard doing the wish ender bow quest. I loaded into a game from lfg where they got stuck at a checkpoint and couldn't progress. Hopefully that checkpoint resets or I am going to have to find some with a fresh run. I can only try again in 3 weeks?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
what's a good roll on Trust look like? I really like this gun. Or am I gonna want to replace it with Ace of Spades when I get it?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Rubellavator posted:

1) we were down 0-1 because I was sheparding 15 mote dropping pubbie idiots

2) he invaded and bagged a sleeper kill lol

3) I army of oned their asses and we won 2-1

4) gg ez gets people so tilted lmao try it some time

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Rubellavator posted:

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

goferchan posted:

what's a good roll on Trust look like? I really like this gun. Or am I gonna want to replace it with Ace of Spades when I get it?

Use both

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

PathAsc posted:

Use both

Oh is Ace kinetic? Sweet. I'm currently using Crimson and Trust to grind out the Ace quest and feeling like a cowboy

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I really like my zen moment/outlaw Trust.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

aluminumonkey posted:

I got burned hard doing the wish ender bow quest. I loaded into a game from lfg where they got stuck at a checkpoint and couldn't progress. Hopefully that checkpoint resets or I am going to have to find some with a fresh run. I can only try again in 3 weeks?

Yes, you can only enter the Shattered Throne in week 3 of the cycle, so if you don't do it by today's reset you have to start over in two weeks.

e: I don't think any tokens you have cleansed already will reset, those stay. You just lose the dungeon checkpoint and have to re-enter it from the beginning and redo the encounters.

haveblue fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Oct 23, 2018

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Is it difficult to install a solid state drive in a ps4 pro? Thinking about getting a 500gb one if it's not that bad.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Just lol irl if you don’t hit em with the gg ez

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~
The physical installation isn't bad if you're minimally skilled. It's the backing up and re-downloading/installing of everything that's the real pain keeping me from doing it. If you're thinking about it to help with the inventory screen load times it doesn't seem to be much of a help. Real solution is going to come from Bungie. (lol)

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

Emron posted:

Is it difficult to install a solid state drive in a ps4 pro? Thinking about getting a 500gb one if it's not that bad.

It's not going to make much difference when playing D2 on PS4. I remember someone doing benchmarks on load times and the difference was negligible.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

yamdankee posted:

The physical installation isn't bad if you're minimally skilled. It's the backing up and re-downloading/installing of everything that's the real pain keeping me from doing it. If you're thinking about it to help with the inventory screen load times it doesn't seem to be much of a help. Real solution is going to come from Bungie. (lol)

Is it a noticeable difference between regular and pro ps4’s? Or is the inventory and such just entirely Bungie’s backend

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

It makes a noticeable difference, and you can just do an external USB3 SSD rather than replace the internal drive. The internal drive controller is slightly slower than max USB3 speed if I remember correctly. You get tiny speed advantage actually replacing the internal drive, but not much. Plus you can just use the internal drive for OS and less I/O intensive games.

None of these did enough passes to be conclusive on their own, but together is does point to a significant increase. If it's worth the $100+ bucks to you is the question. I bought one back in September, and the day I had to go back to spinning disk when my enclosure died was painful. Once I got used to it I could really tell when it was gone.

https://www.reddit.com/r/destiny2/comments/9klsvm/ps4_pro_hdd_vs_ssd_destiny_2_loading_time/
https://techgage.com/news/what-can-an-ssd-do-for-destiny-2-on-ps4-we-take-a-look/
https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/9hzu8u/ps4_hddssd_loading_times_comparison_in_forsaken/

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

For a launch xbox, Destiny on external SSD versus the internal drive is night and day.

Like on the internal drive, the fireteam would be 30-45 seconds into a strike by the time I loaded in. On an SSD I typically load in 5-10 seconds faster than anyone else. If we all drop in at the same time I fist bump my ssd having bros.

gently caress console makers for trying to keep costs down by not selling an SSD console.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Lol owns

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

xzzy posted:

For a launch xbox, Destiny on external SSD versus the internal drive is night and day.

Like on the internal drive, the fireteam would be 30-45 seconds into a strike by the time I loaded in. On an SSD I typically load in 5-10 seconds faster than anyone else. If we all drop in at the same time I fist bump my ssd having bros.

gently caress console makers for trying to keep costs down by not selling an SSD console.

When doing whisper I could load in, make my jumps, and be waiting for the secret hole to spawn while my fireteam was still in space.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

I put a 1TB hybrid SSD in my PS4 Pro and it definitely made a big difference with inventory loading and such... at least before Forsaken came out and everything slowed down again. The only thing that's still faster is loading into strikes and haunted forest. I always have to wait like 10 seconds or so for the other 2 people to load in.

So an SSD would help but not until after Bungie fixes things, and who knows when/if that is

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

I slapped a SSD in my ps4 pro a couple weekends ago and the performance boost is substantial when you're doing solo activities. If you're doing things matchmade/in a fireteam it doesn't seem to matter much because it usually waits for your whole fireteam to load before teleporting you in

Haunted Forest doesn't seem to wait though and I've usually started the plate and gotten a few kills before blueberries load in

Yarrington
Jun 13, 2002

While I will admit to a certain cynicism, I am a nay-sayer and hatchet man in the fight against violence. I pride myself in taking a punch and I'll gladly take another.

deadwing posted:

I slapped a SSD in my ps4 pro a couple weekends ago and the performance boost is substantial when you're doing solo activities. If you're doing things matchmade/in a fireteam it doesn't seem to matter much because it usually waits for your whole fireteam to load before teleporting you in

Haunted Forest doesn't seem to wait though and I've usually started the plate and gotten a few kills before blueberries load in

The biggest difference I noticed was the main menu, it loads from that to character select much faster*

*still not fast, but its very noticeable

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Yarrington posted:

The biggest difference I noticed was the main menu, it loads from that to character select much faster*

*still not fast, but its very noticeable

This is one thing I dont notice cause I always hit the home button to avoid the blaring music

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

"Press butan" to Character Select is 80 to 90 seconds on the stock drives, and that time is roughly cut in half on SSD. The menus load a few seconds faster too, which makes a big difference when you are trying to check a bounty or swap a piece of gear in an activity. One of the things you pretty much can't do on the stock drive is play with shaders on the way to an activity, and it works decently well on SSD.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

1) we were down 0-1 because I was sheparding 15 mote dropping pubbie idiots

2) he invaded and bagged a sleeper kill lol

3) I army of oned their asses and we won 2-1

4) gg ez gets people so tilted lmao try it some time

You were troll messaging people about gambit

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Only thing missing from the Haunted Forest that would have made it perfect would be exclusive guns with random rolls dropping from enemies. Once you get Horror Story and the Fighting Lion MW bonus there's no reason to play unless you really really want that Triumph.

It's still the best event yet and and I hope they rework it into a permanent thing somehow. Make it drop those things you need to make the Forge guns and then make random roll versions of the Forge guns as drops.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
no raisins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Spooky forest + gambit. Two teams trying to get to the boss first and murderize it.