Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

roomforthetuna

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!

el dorito posted:

:nms:https://youtu.be/k8WYiLfnWXs:nws:

how about spooky french onion
Hey, has anyone seen the new show on Netflix "The Curious Creations of Christine McConnell"?
It's like a cooking show crossed with the Cryptkeeper segments of Tales from the Crypt and a splash of MST3K. And maybe a little bit of Bob Ross. Seems like the sort of thing YOU might enjoy, yes you specifically, your-name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dungeon Ecology

hamjobs posted:

Emotional day brought to you by a surprising amount of feelings about the Haunting of Hill House.

the wifey and i just finished it.
its like 'this is us' but scary sometimes

sb hermit

roomforthetuna posted:

Hey, has anyone seen the new show on Netflix "The Curious Creations of Christine McConnell"?
It's like a cooking show crossed with the Cryptkeeper segments of Tales from the Crypt and a splash of MST3K. And maybe a little bit of Bob Ross. Seems like the sort of thing YOU might enjoy, yes you specifically, your-name.

just now placed it on my list based on this awesome recommendation that was made specifically to lure me in

I have like a hundred shows on my list now

beer pal

weve got these bugs here that are always in y apartment this time of year. these ones ----> https://www.google.ca/search?q=box+...8&bih=798&dpr=2 and i dont reall mind bugss but these fukkers love to just walk slowly around the middle of the floor to try to get stepped on and they love to crawl up my bare legs & poo poo so whenver i get a little itch i gotta check if its one of these bugs and i gotta always be looking at the floor when im walking around

https://i.imgur.com/xQxnooW.png

beer pal

https://i.imgur.com/xQxnooW.png

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

roomforthetuna posted:

el dorito posted:

just now placed it on my list based on this awesome recommendation that was made specifically to lure me in

I have like a hundred shows on my list now

It's really really loving adorable. She's like a queer goth Martha Stewart.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Dungeon Ecology posted:

the wifey and i just finished it.
its like 'this is us' but scary sometimes

the focus on the family story and dynamics, really loving phenomenal.

Bluedeanie

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

hey byob. i like when it gets colder out bc my kitty gets extra cuddly :3:

Manifisto

Bluedeanie posted:

sounds adorable, but just to make sure this isn't fake I think we will need pix

ty nesamdoom!

Bluedeanie

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Manifisto posted:

sounds adorable, but just to make sure this isn't fake I think we will need pix

Don't have a current pic since she is sulking because I violated the sacred rule of never disturbing a cat lying on top of you so i wouldnt poop in my bed (and also its too dark to take a pic w/o disturbing my gf anyway) but here is a similar pic from another time to help you imagine, youre just gonna have to take my word for it that it looks like this tonight as well

Manifisto

Bluedeanie posted:

Don't have a current pic since she is sulking because I violated the sacred rule of never disturbing a cat lying on top of you so i wouldnt poop in my bed (and also its too dark to take a pic w/o disturbing my gf anyway) but here is a similar pic from another time to help you imagine, youre just gonna have to take my word for it that it looks like this tonight as well

that'll do :kimchi:

alnilam

nice cat..... to cuddle with!!

Jaded Burnout

alnilam posted:

:iceburn:

Stooge

alnilam posted:

oh shi, I thought byob was chill???

Stooge

Doing some public speaking on Thursday, anyone got any tips?

I already know the classics like imagining an audience full of underwear, summoning the ghost of charlie chaplin to keep the crowd interested, and using finger guns for emphasis.

Abugadu

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Stooge posted:

I already know the classics like imagining an audience full of underwear, summoning the ghost of charlie chaplin to keep the crowd interested, and using finger guns for emphasis.

Look in between the people while you talk, only glancing eye contact while going from one gap to the next, to give the appearance of making eye contact

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Stooge posted:

-Never say "umm"

-Find a friend in the audience, someone who smiles a lot and seems friendly- talk to them. Sweep the rest of the audience from time to time, but center back on your friend and talk to them in normal conversational tones.

-Practice in a mirror beforehand- be confident and familiar with what you're talking about, and also what you are going to say

-Video yourself speaking, make sure your posture indicates confidence, an audience prefers a confident speaker

-Walk in on other people's presentations a few minutes before they are supposed to speak and do the presentation for them. Wing it. Ad libbing can be a great way to get comfortable with public speaking, just make sure you're faster than security, should they decide to be rude and interrupt your presentation!

You'll do great, just pretend you're posting here in BYOB- 'Yobbers would support you no matter what!

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Renegret

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Splatmaster posted:

-Never say "umm"

And on that note, a lot of people make this mouth clicking noise every time they start a new thought. It drives me absolutely loony, and if someone's doing it on a youtube video or something I will 100% stop watching just because of that noise. It's common enough that I can predict when it's going to happen.

I dunno if that's just me who it bothers but I have a thing about mouth noises. My mother started doing this thing where she sucks in air through her front teeth and it's gross enough I don't even want to speak to her anymore. But fart around me all you want I don't care.

Renegret

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
If your nervous about speaking though, honestly the best fix is just to be super familiar with whatever you're speaking about and prepare appropriately. If you're an expert on the topic, then it's easier to be more relaxed and fall into a groove. Public speaking is terrifying, but 90% of the battle is in your mind. Once you get over your fears, then the rest is just speaking clearly and not rushing so that people can understand you better.

And on that note, never read off your powerpoint slides. All it does is tell the audience that you're not prepared and you don't know enough on the topic on to gab. Make sure you prepare a bunch of talking points beforehand, but if you read off of a script it won't feel organic. I have two eyes and a 2nd grade education, I already read your slides before you even started talking. Tell me something I don't know.

Renegret fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Oct 23, 2018

Stooge

Thanks pals! I'm actually kind of excited for it (maybe looking forward to getting it over with?) and these tips are really helpful. Just gotta talk about my experience with my company, and hey, I'm an expert on myself and a lead in the field of Stooge-ology.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
hot tip for people wanting to get in early on the new fad Christmas gift of 2018: bone saws

never can tell when you'll need it, always have one handy. they're selling like hot cakes so buy early.

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

Luvcow posted:

hot tip for people wanting to get in early on the new fad Christmas gift of 2018: bone saws

never can tell when you'll need it, always have one handy. they're selling like hot cakes so buy early.

are these saws designed for cutting trough human bones, or actual saws made out of bone

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Nosfereefer posted:

are these saws designed for cutting trough human bones, or actual saws made out of bone

cutting bone but drat if you didn't just make a genius marketing move by suggesting bone saws made of bone/bone handled bone saw

never can tell when you and your 15 friends will get into a random fistfight and accidentally kill some guy and wouldn't it be cool when everyone pulls out their bone saws and you are the one with the artisanal crafted bone handled bone saw?

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
*middleclass suburban dad kissing his wife goodbye and heading out the door to commute to work, wife catches his arm before he leaves* " honey, you forgot your bone saw"

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Bluedeanie posted:

Bluedeanie posted:

I would patto that catto, A+ tortie

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Luvcow posted:

Personally I never saw a bone, please describe how a bone is

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

hamjobs posted:

a bone is when mommy and daddy... well... sometimes um, when two people like each other very much...

Nosfereefer

hamjobs posted:

it's not condoned in the bible, i'll tell you THAT much!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

But did you ever see one???????

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

In order to see the bone, so you can say "I saw a bone," one must become into the Bone Zone

Jaded Burnout

I saw (b)one

Renegret

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Why does the tip of my finger hurt today. I woke up like this.

I hope my skeleton isn't trying to escape.

Manifisto

Luvcow posted:

I'm still on the 2015 model :( not only am I clearly off trend, the recent boneOS update slows this thing to a crawl

ty nesamdoom!

Nosfereefer

Renegret posted:

Why does the tip of my finger hurt today. I woke up like this.

I hope my skeleton isn't trying to escape.

if you had a bone saw u could have amputated that u know...

Renegret

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I do have a bone saw but I'm concerned that putting a hole in my hand would make it even easier for my skeleton to escape.

Nosfereefer

just keep chopping away as it comes out. skeleton cant run anywhere when its reduced to chips

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Manifisto posted:

I'm still on the 2015 model :( not only am I clearly off trend, the recent boneOS update slows this thing to a crawl

*a group of children are dismembering the corpse of a kid from the school newspaper they accidentally killed when one of them looks up, points and laughs* "haha! jimmy's using a 2015 model bone saw!!"

*jimmy sheepishly stops sawing and looks to the ground as he meekly replies* "it's my dads old one... my parents won't buy me my own until I'm older..."

Manifisto

it's a bone saw, not a status symbol. it may be a no-name chinese knockoff, but it saws bone just the same, for like a third of the price, AND it supports flash. okay, the battery life sucks, but that's why god made extension cords.

ty nesamdoom!

Renegret

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Luvcow posted:

*a group of children are dismembering the corpse of a kid from the school newspaper they accidentally killed when one of them looks up, points and laughs* "haha! jimmy's using a 2015 model bone saw!!"

*jimmy sheepishly stops sawing and looks to the ground as he meekly replies* "it's my dads old one... my parents won't buy me my own until I'm older..."

jimmy loving deserves it for using a Windows saw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nosfereefer

my bone saw is had crafted by japanese artisans. the egde is razor sharp as the japanese fold the bone 10000 times unlike inferior gajin bone saws