Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Heath posted:

If you like weird quirky puzzle games, Gunhouse is half off ($7.50) and is very stylish and can use touch controls. It's half puzzle game, half tower defense. You solve puzzles to load ammo into guns to shoot at jerks who are trying to kidnap your orphans.

Edit: the more I play of Gunhouse this is extremely my poo poo

very good looking game, too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I'll break up the DS chat with some Starlink chat.

I'm about 15 hours in and I think I'm in the main flow of the game now. Took down my first and second dreadnaughts, have a the easy planets at 100% alliance. Getting ready to move into the next sector. Might try a pirate base. Currently strapped with a few legendary and unique mods and feeling pretty badass as I take down ships.

Took a while to get a good feel for the space combat, 3d combat's always a little wierd. I really can't recommend running +handling on your ships enough. I've mostly been using the Hailstorm (precision Ice gun) and Levitator (stasis rocket). I've also really liked the Flamethrower. Mostly just like the siege and precision weapons. Haven't really gotten into kinetics much yet. Anyone else have weapons to recommend?

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Oct 23, 2018

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The human body comes pre-equipped with ten capacitive styluses. Sometimes 11

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Your Computer posted:

truly I cannot imagine a worse fate than seeing people discuss games they enjoy on the Nintendo Switch in the Nintendo Switch thread

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Al Borland Corpse posted:

The human body comes pre-equipped with ten capacitive styluses. Sometimes 11

the so-called

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Echophonic posted:

I'm about 15 hours in and I think I'm in the main flow of the game now. Took down my first and second dreadnaughts, have a the easy planets at 100% alliance. Getting ready to move into the next sector. Might try a pirate base. Currently strapped with a few legendary and unique mods and feeling pretty badass as I take down ships.

Took a while to get a good feel for the space combat, 3d combat's always a little wierd. I really can't recommend running +handling on your ships enough. I've mostly been using the Hailstorm (precision Ice gun) and Levitator (stasis rocket). I've also really liked the Flamethrower. Mostly just like the siege and precision weapons. Haven't really gotten into kinetics much yet. Anyone else have weapons to recommend?

The one that comes with Shaids ship, a black hole weapon with rapid fire and tracking, has been really good. Annihilator?

Only problem is recently a lot of the enemies I've run into recently use that element themselves.

Kinetics are just catch-alls. Nothing is weak to them and nothing resists them. They can usually fire a ton before needing to recharge. Good if you don't want to swap out elements a bunch. The shredder you can just hold down for a long rear end time.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Andrigaar posted:

I kept resisting the urge to buy Okami on Steam when it was $11-$12 or whatever because I just couldn't wrap my head around drawing shapes with a mouse. Thusly I ponied up the Nintendo/console tax so I could play with the little joycons, though the DF port review said drawing with gyro aiming was still poo poo... I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

Speaking as someone who only played Okami on the Wii before getting the HD remaster on Steam, drawing the shapes with a normal-rear end controller with a normal-rear end control stick was Fine. In fact it worked better than the pointer controls most times. I think a stylus is still the best way to use the Brush, but don't worry about using the stick for it. It works great.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
gently caress, marry, kill:

dark souls chat, weapon durability chat, dudes getting horny over cartoons again

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
gently caress horny chat, marry durability chat, kill dark souls chat

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

irlZaphod posted:

Is it obvious if you go through a door with the Master Key? I did get to one door after getting my sword and shield which was locked.

Also I made at least 10 attempts to kill the Asylum demon with the broken sword before I realised there was a door. I was thinking it couldn't have been right that I was only doing 2 damage to the guy.

asylum demon is such a good first boss. the whole asylum is a tutorial and the demon is there to teach you that sometimes it's okay to run away and come back when you're a little stronger, and to take advantage of the environment, and that the best place to be against most bosses is behind them (that big rear end)

shame about his siblings tho

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

KingSlime posted:

dark souls chat, weapon durability chat, dudes getting horny over cartoons again
Is polygamy an option?

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

KingSlime posted:

marry, gently caress, kill

Dark Souls chat never bothers me.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Dark Souls/BB chat kinda bothers me in the PS4 thread at times because there were usually other games to talk about at the time. Also it happens every week and goes on for so long. But whatever, I always just skim past those posts. At least here it's people (like me) who are kind of playing the game for the first time and posting impressions/asking questions, rather than the same people arguing over the correct order of quality of the games.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

I dont know how you read SA without skimming past poo poo.

Soulsborne games are designed to be a community puzzle in gameplay secret and even story so it's not surprising they generate a lot of chat.

Anyway. gently caress waluigi, marry waluigi, kill waluigi.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I read every post

I also hate you all

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Bombadilillo posted:

I dont know how you read SA without skimming past poo poo.

I make sure to read and memorize each and every post, yes, even that post

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Sakurazuka posted:

I read every post

I also hate you all

Sounds like you hate yourself and sounds like you should.

Why?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

You're going to be annoyed because even though I didn't like the demo I'm probably going to break down and buy it sometime if it ever goes on sale and then I'll start asking a bunch of questions too

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Macaluso posted:

Night in the Woods was the best game of 2017

I absolutely loved this game when I played it, and now my wife is playing it so I get to experience it all over again. Between her different choices and the new Weird Autumn content it's like a whole new game. I really can't recommend it highly enough.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I have played through Night in the Woods twice now and I'm still considering buying it on the Switch just because

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010

Your Computer posted:

I have played through Night in the Woods twice now and I'm still considering buying it on the Switch just because

I'm waiting for a sale...then I'm going to get it to add to my backlog!

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Al Borland Corpse posted:

The one that comes with Shaids ship, a black hole weapon with rapid fire and tracking, has been really good. Annihilator?

Only problem is recently a lot of the enemies I've run into recently use that element themselves.

Kinetics are just catch-alls. Nothing is weak to them and nothing resists them. They can usually fire a ton before needing to recharge. Good if you don't want to swap out elements a bunch. The shredder you can just hold down for a long rear end time.

The missiles? I think that's the Nullifier, I like that one a lot, too, but I keep flying into my own elemental vortex like an idiot. I have ot try out the Crusher, too, since it's the gravity version of the hailstorm.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

How is the Mario Party Online aspect? I know it doesn't hold up to the couch play, but is it still enjoyable enough for the lady to play a few rounds at a time?

Tsar Mikey
Nov 30, 2005

When will then be now?

Echophonic posted:

I've been a fan of freezing with Hailstorm, then either using the Flamethrower to get the thermal shock bonus or Ironfist (space shotgun) for fun. I like to use a precise weapon for distance shots and something where aiming is only really a suggestion for up close engagements. I also equip my ship so it's on the heavy side so I can ram frozen targets. I only just unlocked the ability to build outposts, so I'm not sure how this strategy will work going forward on harder planets but I like how this game lets you experiment easily.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

^burtle posted:

How is the Mario Party Online aspect? I know it doesn't hold up to the couch play, but is it still enjoyable enough for the lady to play a few rounds at a time?

I heard it sucked because there are only like, 10 mini games you can play online. You can't play a full game.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Detective No. 27 posted:

Eh. It's better than the babby whining over BOTW weapon durability, a concept that literal children are alright with.

Lol children the demographic known for their well reasoned video game opinions and not the group who will accept anything no matter how bad

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Cool things about Starlink so far, still on the second planet just screwing around:

-Hover-driving to a location like an F-Zero pilot, weaving between trees and giant mushrooms. Will James McCloud appear in DLC to race his furry son??
-Ability to "nope" out of a hot ground situation by entering flight mode (I hope/dread that later planets will enact countermeasures for this beyond storms)
-Asymmetrical space weaponry. I dunno, there's just something about homing ice missiles firing out one wing and a lava beam firing out the other that pleases me to no end.
-Ability to hover around without having to fight anything. There's plenty of combat, but you can also just chill around some lakes/clouds/asteroids and dig the environment. There are objectives everywhere, but plenty of room to breathe, too.
-Studying dinosaurs
-Calling in orbital strikes. Like the other space weaponry, it's cathartic in a childish way. Videogames are fun.
-Different weapon combo effects, like the hot/cold thermal shock or adding elemental damage to a vortex.
-As much as I appreciated No Man's Sky, several of my early campaigns were marred by bad RNG. "Welcome to the game, you ran out of fuel in the middle of a poison cloud, gently caress off and die already." Thanks for holding my dumb baby hand, Ubisoft.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

When I get the primes weak point exposed I can basically tap that L button and team Star Fox will fly in and kill the gently caress out of them.

I love when I'm slow flying through wreckage in space using the boosters that would normally be the jump button to make fine adjustments

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

CharlestheHammer posted:

Lol children the demographic known for their well reasoned video game opinions and not the group who will accept anything no matter how bad

If you replace a random Games thread's posters with random children the conversation would markedly improve, and this is one of the better video game discussion forums!

RIP Miiverse.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Mega64 posted:

If you replace a random Games thread's posters with random children the conversation would markedly improve, and this is one of the better video game discussion forums!

RIP Miiverse.

Who else is playing as Toad in 3d world? My mom and dad fight a lot

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Thom P. Tiers posted:

I heard it sucked because there are only like, 10 mini games you can play online. You can't play a full game.

Like 10 from the pool total? Or 10 and then the game ends?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Mega64 posted:

RIP Miiverse.

It continues to baffle me that they killed the one good universally liked thing about Wii U's online

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

Mega64 posted:

RIP Miiverse.

We should have a Nintendo thread where you're only allowed to post things that you would be allowed to post on Miiverse.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

^burtle posted:

Like 10 from the pool total? Or 10 and then the game ends?

10 from the pool total. Again, I don't actually have the game, but this is from what I have read about the reviews and such.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Captain Queernabs posted:

any good games in the switch library which i might have missed and aren't, like, super popular? i tend not to buy games very often and i'm looking for something juicy to play. i'd prefer no metroidvanias... i have enough of those. the switch library seems massive but navigation is pretty limited to what's popular _now_.

Child of Light if you have a P2. Probably a pleasant game single player as well, for someone casually interested in RPGs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtTbgZ7aL4E

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Someone wished Digital Foundry would do an evaluation of the new Wolfenstein 2 patch for the Switch. There's nothing yet, but someone else did a comparison video at least:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWT6L4353Pk

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I'm getting my girlfriend the Eevee Switch bundle for Christmas. It just popped into my head that it would be hilarious to take out the Pokemon cartridge out of the case and put Dark Souls in.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Andrast posted:

It continues to baffle me that they killed the one good universally liked thing about Wii U's online

you can only block so many dick drawings before one can't take it anymore

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I wish the little prop stand on the back had a larger angle you could use, even like fifteen more degrees would be ideal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

In Octopath is there much reason to keep multiple rolling save slots? Been a long time since that sort of thing's been necessary in games I guess but I still get worried about being a Dead Man Walking