Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

She's growing bigger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nages
Dec 31, 2011

Just yell at her like you always do. Bitch, get out of the way!
They should make blue flame exclusive OR record new chuuni lines for everone who can use it.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Level Seven posted:

Loki on second orb! :toot:

+Def/-Res :confuoot:

Well, who deserves an arena slot now.

If I ever get that skill I'm going to town with Sothe, already have 8 of him waiting (been pulling colourless so much :(). With a -sweep skill and Peshkatz he should be an awesome supplier of bonus kills.

e: jeez, up to 300k feathers now, I'm going to do it anyway.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Spent 20 orbs got Eldigan and Brave Veronica.

Nice :toot:

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

I finally got an Eirika! Just need two more now!

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared

For anyone who really likes Aversa, she's going to be loving nutty during her Arena season.

(pictured is with Arena bonus and a F!Grima activating her Blessing, if you Summoner Supported her not even Arden would be safe)

I could actually make this if I wanted to decapitate my only Laegjarn, but I don't because she's actually good

e: Realized after posting that, instead of Even Spd Wave which someone else could buff her with, Aversa could have Panic Ploy in her C slot to tag jerks who don't stick together.

SL the Pyro fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Oct 23, 2018

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
3763 should be enough to get a crown even with L Tiki and H Myrrh inflation right?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Roger Explosion posted:

Oh, so Aversa said Loki wasn't human and likened her presence to Grima.

It turns out it's dragons. A shocking revelation for a Fire Emblem title.

Her being a Xane-like makes sense yeah. Maybe they'll even pull a "twist" and make her a divine dragon like him

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

Centzon Totochtin posted:

3763 should be enough to get a crown even with L Tiki and H Myrrh inflation right?

I'm 3686 and just barely under the threshold now (on my best attempt so far sadly) but you should be fine.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

cheetah7071 posted:

Her being a Xane-like makes sense yeah. Maybe they'll even pull a "twist" and make her a divine dragon like him

we haven't really had a consciously willfully evil or chaotic or whatever divine dragon before in this series, have we

(im not counting duma here because he went mad from degeneration)

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

I was 2946 out of 3643 with a score of 3732, you should way above the cutoff

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Okay game.

You've given us Inigo, you've given us Owain.

Sevwhena.

I'm at 1300 orbs owing to the Halloween spend for Mia which I think was *probably* worth it.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

It'd be fun if Loki was part of Askr's dragon clan.

I mean I don't think dragons have been mentioned in Askr stuff yet but, like, come on. Embla, Muspell & Nifl all have dragon gods.

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

Why are Loki's titties so... big and exposed? My wife has new fodder to make fun of me for playing "fairies"

big trivia FAIL fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Oct 24, 2018

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

big trivia FAIL posted:

Why are Loki's titties so... big and exposed? My wife has new fodder to make fun of me for playing "fairies"

money

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
So I did some math to see what Loki would be capable of with three legendaries to supply Blessings, Summoner Support and Arena bonus and why is this allowed

It's the loving Cleric from Abyssal Marth all over again, but even worse and under our control now.

Pictured is with F!Grima, L!Ike and L!Tiki as the Blessing suppliers, all capable of making a viable team together. An enemy team running this wouldn't have the SS or Arena bonus, but they'd retain the Blessings. If you play against someone who whaled for Loki, it's entirely possible for them to have up to 68 HP.

BoneDaddy1969
Mar 4, 2018

SL the Pyro posted:

why is this allowed

Because IS likes to give whales fun new toys lately

Also, merging her aside, I don't really have any super good fodder for Aversa right now, how is this for a budget build?

Gonna alternate between her Odd RES Wave and Valter's Even DEF Wave

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I'm not looking forward to arena being full of whaled healers

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Andrast posted:

I'm not looking forward to arena being full of whaled healers

especially since you can't counterattack any of them so you can't run enemy phase units

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

at least it's only infantry ones. no +10 Veronicas.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Gluten Freeman posted:

at least it's only infantry ones. no +10 Veronicas.

Red Dancers with the BST skill, combined with Wrazzle Dazzle Gravity Savage Blow Healers.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

especially since you can't counterattack any of them so you can't run enemy phase units

I can kill the healers no problem with Fae/FCorrin so that's not an issue.

What is annoying is trying to feed kills to your bonus units with the healers around. Your bonus units probably can't ORKO whaled healers and whittling down enemy units over a few rounds is impossible before the healer is killed.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Do we have a date for the Aversa GHB?

Edit: Oh it is in the calendar. I was just being blind.

Andrast fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Oct 24, 2018

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I am really, really not looking forward to +10 Azamas.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

What skills are good on healers? I promoted a +SPD Nanna and gave her ATK/SPD Bond and Dazzling Staff, but I‘m not sure which weapon, assist skill and special are good for that kind of build. I see a lot of people talking about Pain and Gravity, would those be good choices?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Retcon posted:

What skills are good on healers? I promoted a +SPD Nanna and gave her ATK/SPD Bond and Dazzling Staff, but I‘m not sure which weapon, assist skill and special are good for that kind of build. I see a lot of people talking about Pain and Gravity, would those be good choices?

I personally really like physic for healers since the two range helps a lot the way I use healers. Nanna's base attack might be a bit too low for it though.

Andrast fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Oct 24, 2018

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Retcon posted:

Healers generally are built the same way. With Atk/Spd Bond and Dazzling Staff, you'll want Martyr+. It's a heal assist that also heals the user. You'll want that since you won't have Live to Serve. Alternatively, keep her default heal Assist, because it's really good, and give her the Live to Serve Seal instead.

Gravity and Pain are both amazing weapons for healers. Not sure how high Nanna's attack is... if memory serves, not that high? She can still do either one. I think Gravity is better on the higher attack healers, and Pain on lower attack, but give her whichever effect you think would be most useful. Refine the weapon for Wrathful, obv.

For Special, I usually go with Heavenly Light, because it heals chip damage from everyone. The various balms and whatnot are also useful if you need a buff. Note that if you're using Restore+ and you have a debuff to heal, you can still use it on a unit with full HP and also apply the buffs if your special is charged. Food for thought.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Miracle is also a decent catch-all for healers especially for longer content fights (like Tempest Trials).

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Andrast posted:

I personally really like physic for healers since the two range helps a lot the way I use healers. Nanna's base attack might be a bit too low for it though.

Silver Falcon posted:

Healers generally are built the same way. With Atk/Spd Bond and Dazzling Staff, you'll want Martyr+. It's a heal assist that also heals the user. You'll want that since you won't have Live to Serve. Alternatively, keep her default heal Assist, because it's really good, and give her the Live to Serve Seal instead.

Gravity and Pain are both amazing weapons for healers. Not sure how high Nanna's attack is... if memory serves, not that high? She can still do either one. I think Gravity is better on the higher attack healers, and Pain on lower attack, but give her whichever effect you think would be most useful. Refine the weapon for Wrathful, obv.

For Special, I usually go with Heavenly Light, because it heals chip damage from everyone. The various balms and whatnot are also useful if you need a buff. Note that if you're using Restore+ and you have a debuff to heal, you can still use it on a unit with full HP and also apply the buffs if your special is charged. Food for thought.

ApplesandOranges posted:

Miracle is also a decent catch-all for healers especially for longer content fights (like Tempest Trials).
Thanks for the advice, that was very helpful! I ended up going with this:

She uses Gravity and Recover for now since I was able to get both of those from the -ATK Elise that was collecting dust in my barracks (because she was already at 5000 HM). Too bad I couldn't also get Martyr+ from Maribelle, but I can always promote a Lucius later on. 27 ATK probably is too low for ATK-based healing skills, though.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Retcon posted:

She uses Gravity and Recover for now since I was able to get both of those from the -ATK Elise that was collecting dust in my barracks (because she was already at 5000 HM). Too bad I couldn't also get Martyr+ from Maribelle, but I can always promote a Lucius later on. 27 ATK probably is too low for ATK-based healing skills, though.

If you ever want to go full rear end in a top hat, running double savage blow is great

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Double Savage Blow is fantastic. Paired with the dazzling effect you can totally cheese some maps.

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME

Roger Explosion posted:

Finally, after months I can finally use one of the many units I have sitting in my barracks multi-merged and ready to go! My M!Kana is +3 and built like a mini-mix-tank-Nowi, so getting him kills should fairly easy. Awesome!

Bit late, but what's the build? I've got a 5* MKana sitting around with a stock setup and 120k feathers I'm not using anytime soon.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Murderion posted:

Bit late, but what's the build? I've got a 5* MKana sitting around with a stock setup and 120k feathers I'm not using anytime soon.

All defense builds are pretty much the same. Lightning breath+/Breath/QR for the all around dragon tank build.

If you don't feel like you need DC you can skip LB+ for extra tankiness. If you're going that route you don't need the breath as much so you might keep his default brazen skill or go with Close Defense in the A-lslot.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Retcon posted:

Aren't all healing skills Atk based? Different ones just give you a different multiplier, is all. Recover+ heals the most because it adds an extra 10 HP on top of half your attack.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

ATK/2, though i personally always thought rehabilitate+ was the way to go since it heals more the more heavily injured you are

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

ATK/2, though i personally always thought rehabilitate+ was the way to go since it heals more the more heavily injured you are

Rehabilitate was the king before the healing staves got buffed. After the buff it's not that simple since stuff like recover+ generally heals enough as it is without being gimped when healing less damaged targets.

Andrast fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Oct 24, 2018

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

The problem with rehabilitate is the amount it heals is tiny if you're not critically injured. This can be pretty bad if you're trying to stay topped off for taking a lot of hits.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

mmm yeah, when you put it that way it'd suck if i only had rehabilitate+ if an enemy phase unit was above 50% of their HP but still below QR3 range

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Andrast posted:

Rehabilitate was the king before the healing staves got buffed. After the buff it's not that simple since stuff like recover+ generally heals enough as it is without being gimped when healing less damaged targets.

I prefer Physic+ if I can get it, just because 2 range is good and the amount you heal is still solid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

rannum posted:

I prefer Physic+ if I can get it, just because 2 range is good and the amount you heal is still solid.

Same. I do think it needs a healer with relatively high attack to be worthwhile though.