Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Lurdiak posted:

It's a faithful recreation.

The dark stains on the legs are what have me worried. My mousepads do that just before they turn nasty, and nobody deserves that in a suit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Lurdiak posted:

It's a faithful recreation.

I would hope so since every interview I've read with Shipp that mentions the old Flash has him mention that it was hot as poo poo and uncomfortable, so it'd suck to have producers say "Here's an old one with zero improvements. Suit up! :)"

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Bruceski posted:

The dark stains on the legs are what have me worried. My mousepads do that just before they turn nasty, and nobody deserves that in a suit.

I assure you any suit made primarily of foam would not last 30 years. Even if it was remarkably well preserved it would loving explode as soon as someone tried to actually wear it.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Rhyno posted:

I hope that is Gustin's actual main suit and Amell just farted in it all drat day.

That's a new suit, there's no way on earth Amell would fit in Gustin's suit. Have you seen a picture of them standing next to each other?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Skwirl posted:

That's a new suit, there's no way on earth Amell would fit in Gustin's suit. Have you seen a picture of them standing next to each other?

Look, when the Robocop armor didn't fit they took a goddamned hacksaw to it. I'm sure they had a pair of scissors laying around.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Move over Red Tornado and Season 1 Deathlok, we’ve reached a new low in TV comic costumes.

https://ew.com/tv/2018/10/22/fox-gotham-bane/

Batman and Robin lookin’ pretty good right now.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

It's like someone tried to make a Steampunk Terminator cosplay and hosed up horribly.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

loving LOL I didn't realize that was Shane West when I saw the Bane pic earlier today

oh wow oh lol he's such a bad actor and not in a fun campy way

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

https://twitter.com/arminies/status/1054408150206607360?s=21

https://twitter.com/insanityreport/status/1054390722030436353?s=21

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Put JWS on Legends on Tomorrow!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I think Bane's look is in line with the Gotham style.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Man that look's so bad you might say it'll be Gotham's reckoning! :rimshot:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

X-O posted:

Move over Red Tornado and Season 1 Deathlok, we’ve reached a new low in TV comic costumes.

https://ew.com/tv/2018/10/22/fox-gotham-bane/

Batman and Robin lookin’ pretty good right now.

I'm not going to say that looks good, but it's better than either of the other costumes you mention.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's Anakin's Jedi costume with some of the Darth Vader parts on it.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I see more Metallo than Bane when I look at that

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
He sort of reminds me of that guy from the live-action GI Joe movie who Cobra Commander had disguised himself as.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Hey, what should the Bane costume look like?

Darth Vader: Just gently caress my poo poo up, fam.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Samuringa posted:

I see more Metallo than Bane when I look at that

I see someone who bought random poo poo at an Auto Zone and glued it to a shirt.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Does he have weird eye makeup and an expensive looking up do sexy gay dude haircut? That's a Gotham villain, checks out.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

ToastyPotato posted:

The new suit looks even worse next to the even older one!

Man I was going to bitch about how much I hate the new Flash suit and how terrible it looks and Gotham has to go make dollar store Bane Vader.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

You merely adopted the Party City. I was born into it.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Madkal posted:

Man I was going to bitch about how much I hate the new Flash suit and how terrible it looks and Gotham has to go make dollar store Bane Vader.

As bad as Darth Bane (lol) is, if it were some other random villain, I don't think most people would have blinked. I think the fact that it is a take on Bane is what makes it so bad. I'd say the new Flash suit is worse, because it looks worse than what has come before, and we have basically seen them side by side with each other. Honestly, I think it is just the color. If I had talent with Photoshop, I would take a stab at darkening the red to match the previous suits. This is super noticeable with the tweet image posted yesterday, imo.

Codependent Poster posted:

You merely adopted the Party Halloween. I was born into it.

I didn't see a non-plastic/vinyl costume until I was a man; by then it was nothing to me but binding!

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Watching the first three episodes of daredevil season 3 and it's goddamn remarkable how much the show's improved since they got away from the all the hand bullshit.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I don't watch The Flash, how is the new suit worse than the previous one(s)?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Monaghan posted:

Watching the first three episodes of daredevil season 3 and it's goddamn remarkable how much the show's improved since they got away from the all the hand bullshit.

Please post your reaction to episode 4

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Skwirl posted:

It's pretty much bright red with a more shiny veneer on it, without much to break the texture or give much contrast. I am not really a costume designer so I don't know the phrases or anything, but from what I have seen it just looks sleek and shiny and very very boring. I prefer the more maroon red costume to a bright red one, and something like scales or small bubbles/dots to give it a sense of texture rather a sleek smooth look.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Skwirl posted:

It's brighter red, and with the non-leathery material gone, it has a single textured look, which makes it seem really cheap in comparison to the previous suits. Seeing it stand next to a replica of the 90s TV suit also makes it look off because even the 90s suit significantly darkened the red (and it was textured with fake muscles.) It looks too close to the Flash suit from the failed 90s JLA pilot and I can't shake that.

ToastyPotato fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Oct 23, 2018

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Wait that suit Amell is wearing is what the new regular Flash suit looks like?

I thought it was supposed to be some kind of goof that he wore that.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

Wait that suit Amell is wearing is what the new regular Flash suit looks like?

I thought it was supposed to be some kind of goof that he wore that.

Yep. It is the suit that replaces his modern ones after they all get destroyed. It is from the future apparently (it uses the ring for storage.)

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007
The current Flash suit looks fine on Grant Gustin (the new helmet is iffy depending the angle) but looks real weird on Amell's buffer body.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

ToastyPotato posted:

It's brighter red, and with the non-leathery material gone, it has a single textured look, which makes it seem really cheap in comparison to the previous suits. Seeing it stand next to a replica of the 90s TV suit also makes it look off because even the 90s suit significantly darkened the red (and it was textured with fake muscles.) It looks too close to the Flash suit from the failed 90s JLA pilot and I can't shake that.

The Fatom

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Legends of Tomorrow was everything you could have wished for.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

All the photos with Amell I've been posting are set photos without proper lighting and color correction, the way people were talking I thought Tustin spas looking stupid in the actual tv show (instead of the normal Flash thing of just being stupid).

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

I don’t generally like DC TV much but after Daredevil S3 I was jonesing for more superhero stuff I can binge and started watching Black Lightening on Netflix and wow it’s really good, I never heard much about it but I’m really enjoying it. Even his suit wraps around from holy poo poo is that hilarious to kind of cool because Cress Williams is awesome in the role.

Just want to throw this out for anyone like me who is a Marvel fan who’s tastes aren’t inline with Flash and the other DC stuff - this is a great show.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I'm almost done with DD s3 -- so close! -- and I just wanted to say that I really appreciate that they stayed the course on Vanessa being super horny for crime. I woulda been disappointed if they hadn't kept that part of the character.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I'm really pleasantly surprised with just how much they did end up taking from Born Again, and a lot of it is just taking iconic imagery and lines and flipping them on their head. Episode 10 had soooo much poo poo ripped straight from the page but tweaked around for different characters.

Really excited to finish up the last two episodes today. This season has been great start to finish for me.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

squirrelzipper posted:

I don’t generally like DC TV much but after Daredevil S3 I was jonesing for more superhero stuff I can binge and started watching Black Lightening on Netflix and wow it’s really good, I never heard much about it but I’m really enjoying it. Even his suit wraps around from holy poo poo is that hilarious to kind of cool because Cress Williams is awesome in the role.

Just want to throw this out for anyone like me who is a Marvel fan who’s tastes aren’t inline with Flash and the other DC stuff - this is a great show.

You might check out Arrow if you're still jonesing for some super hero action. When it comes to the actual comics I'm a Marvel fanboy, but for live action adaptations I'm completely agnostic.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
I'm only up to episode 8 and holy gently caress, it's been fantastic, so much better than S2 and all the other ones. Loving everyone but especially D'Onofrio and Whalley.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
I just finished Daredevil S3, and my views are mixed. On the whole, I think it didn't hit the same highs as season two, but didn't hit the same lows, either.

Foggy remains my favorite character in the whole Daredevil ensemble. Just a good guy going through it, trying to be a good guy. No superhero antics, no tragic past, a healthy and stable romantic relationship, and trying to make the best of things.

Karen remains Karen. I don't love her, but I do like her. I was hoping the season would end on her or Matt proposing.

Matt himself... I didn't like him for much of this season, but the payoff at the end redeemed him. Points for how much these shows have made me care after I almost stopped watching when he got Potter arrested and later killed.

I had a sneaking suspicion Lantom was going to die with his greater focus this season, but after Foggy I thought he was and has been the best of Daredevil's supporting cast.

Knowing very little about the comics, I guessed what Maggie's deal was the moment she showed up, and I really liked her interplay with Matt. Didn't see enough of her in isolation to have much of an opinion about her by herself, but I liked her with Matt and their evolving relationship.

Bullseye... I feel the same about him as I did about Elektra: a good actor doing everything they can with a nothing role. He's a twitchy psychopath. That's all he is. I didn't find him interesting and I wasn't curious to see where he went as a character. Which is good, because he went nowhere.

Nadeem was good, but like Maggie I knew exactly how that was going to end from about the second episode on.

My problem with season three is Fisk. I didn't care for him in season one, but he did feel fairly believable then - very intelligent, but his rage issues and lack of people skills means he's not cut out to rule the criminal underworld and everything falls apart around him as he moves closer to the top. Season three Fisk felt omniscient and able to see the future. He was far too good and far-sighted at manipulating people, planning for everything, and dashing the heroes' hopes. I felt there was no tension or drama at all to season three, because it's just a question of when the heroes' plans will not be foiled by JUST AS PLANNED from Fisk - in the last couple of episodes, natch. I didn't get the feeling the heroes were outsmarting him, I just got the feeling that Fisk's plot armor wasn't kicking in because we have to have a big climactic confrontation at the end, and "Wilson Fisk planned ahead and manipulated everyone" tended to substitute for plot development.

Season one showed Fisk sweating, making mistakes, and actively engaging with the plot and the heroes' actions. Season three Fisk just sat back in his chair and said just as planned.

Maybe a symptom of the season being two or three episodes too long, but I am really tired of Wilson Fisk now.

Cythereal fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Oct 24, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

^^^You should put the word Daredevil in the non spoilered part of your post.