Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I'm game for a PS4 playlist but I have to go out of town the 21st-27th. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eregos
Aug 17, 2006

A Reversal of Fortune, Perhaps?
The Vagner is on sale this week ($1m instead of 1.5m) AND Bunker stock seems to be selling for 50% more. I just sold my Bunker at 2/3 supply for $1.3m. Also MOC missions are 2x money and RP. Gun upgrades are discounted in the MOC also.

edit: Yep, Rockstar is that dumb. If you own both an MOC and Terrobyte, and launch a 'steal bunker supplies' mission, upon completion you will appear in the Bunker, which will cause the Terrorbyte to despawn. :ughh: The only reason you would steal supplies is to unlock the MOC missions. The real loss here is you have to return to the Bunker every 2:30 to buy supplies which despawns the Terrorbyte.

One reason you should have at least one warehouse is to receive special cargo. When the assistant calls you and instead of the usual bullshit, says something like 'We've got something exciting... It's a special item on the SecuoServ Network. More expensive than the normal stuff' You go to your CEO office or Terrorbyte, the special item will be where 1 crate would normally be. Despite watching a bunch of guides I actually didn't quite understand this mechanic 'till today. They're worth $95k-$150k for a short mission.

Eregos fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Oct 18, 2018

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

CBJSprague24 posted:

What was Sandking shoreliner? Was that the pickup truck race on the beach?

I know Rockstar sets up a lot of cinematics to ape famous movies, the end of Training Day in SA, Scarface in VC but this set up sounds like it could work with one of the opening scenes in The Goonies :allears:

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
I know I said I’ve been saving up for the giant Volta bomber or however it’s spelled but I just had to get these two bad boys:

On the left in the green is the Pfister with the funky headlights (which is super fun to drive) and the right the Dinka Jester Classic which was on sale (and is also super fun to drive)

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

CBJSprague24 posted:

What was Sandking shoreliner? Was that the pickup truck race on the beach?

Monster truck race around the salton sea while being drug across carpet tacks and dipped in rubbing alcohol!

(I'm in if I can make it)

Eregos
Aug 17, 2006

I emailed Rockstar Feedback:

My Feedback to Rockstar posted:

Entering the Bunker despawns the Terrorbyte. Entering the Nightclub despawns the MOC. This is a TERRIBLE, MISTAKEN GAME MECHANIC. It severely degrades the usefulness of both vehicles for no reason. It's clear your developers wanted to stop this happening because they made sure entering the Bunker when the MOC was deployed didn't despawn it. Same thing with the Nightclub and the Terrorbyte. They just need to go the rest of the way toward fixing it. It's only the opposite combination that's a problem, and it's because of the hamfisted rule that there can only be an MOC or Terrorbyte deployed at the same time, and entering the Bunker counts as an MOC deployment. Corrective ideas:
1. Allow players to deploy both a Terrorbyte and MOC simultaneously.
2. Create an exception to the existing rule so that the Terrorbyte doesn't despawn upon entering the Bunker and MOC doesn't despawn upon entering the Nightclub.

Everyone who wants this fixed, please take a moment and do the same. The more people do it the more likely Rockstar will do something.

Eregos fucked around with this message at 10:36 on Oct 18, 2018

Eregos
Aug 17, 2006

Second one, this one is a bug report Everyone should do so it gets noticed, it's a very easy fix that would make a big difference gameplay wise. Whole thing should take under 2 minutes.

Steps:
1. Click here then GTA 5.
2. Click Installation/Performance.
3. Click PC (Unless you play on a console, though I assume the same bug applies? Sending to multiple dev teams might help!)
4. Click Bug Report
5. Filling out the form is super easy and takes less than 1 minute.

What are the steps to reproduce the bug?

GTA Online Players posted:

The player owns both a Terrorbyte and MOC.
They deploy a Terrorbyte and then enter the Bunker. This causes the Terrorbyte to Despawn when the player also owns an MOC.

Secondly, Deploy an MOC and enter the Nightclub. This causes the MOC to Despawn when the player also owns a Terrorbyte.

What is the expected outcome?

GTA Online Players posted:

BEGIN SOLUTIONS SECTION: The player deploys a Terrobyte and enters the Bunker. The Terrorbyte remains in it's deployed location and isn't returned to the Nightclub

The player deploys an MOC and enters the Nightclub. The MOC remains in its deployed location and isn't returned to the Bunker.

posting comments for my thread is also welcome, https://support.rockstargames.com/requests/13105409 to increase visibility.

Eregos fucked around with this message at 12:00 on Oct 18, 2018

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

There are bugs in this game that have been reported thousands of times over several years and still haven't been fixed, I wouldn't get my hopes up.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
He's got a fire in his belly, god bless 'im

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

He's got a fire in his belly, god bless 'im

It's always nice to see someone who still has hope.

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Holy poo poo dude the reason you spawn in the bunker is because that's where you delivered your loving supplies to, chill the gently caress out.

e: I see your gripe with having to respawn your terrorbyte, but still..

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

How come there's no MC Biker super vehicle? Like a giant motorcycle that craps out smaller motorcycles? I feel that R* missed an opportunity here

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters
I think the most annoying bug for me is that the goddamned post processing filters dont stick when you put on sunglasses. Its such a little thing but you do something to trigger it to come back on and its all "woah" and then you go in a building its gone, but then its back and it kicks on at night and you cant see poo poo and oh yeah i have loving sunglasses on because of some random chain of events i cant make sense of has decided they are on again.

Oh whats this theres a loving hemet stuck on my head now.

They have probably patched and broke those two things a dozen times at least lol.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

The consistency and persistence of clothes and especially hats helmets masks glasses etc is a great big WTF. My typical outfit is a glitched together spike helmet and gasmask, and 98% of the time I have literally no idea what he'll be wearing at any given time. Its not just glitched out items either, I have the same issues when just wearing a regular hat or glasses

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
The fact that I can't lock down the radio to either one station, local files or off during say Sumo but instead be bounced back and forth between the terrible lobby music and having to reselect something every round is just worthless

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Where's my iFruit media player so i can play music when im walking around?

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. posted:

Where's my iFruit media player so i can play music when im walking around?

Seriously I would pay millions in game for this.

Eregos
Aug 17, 2006

YET ANOTHER FAG posted:

Holy poo poo dude the reason you spawn in the bunker is because that's where you delivered your loving supplies to, chill the gently caress out.

e: I see your gripe with having to respawn your terrorbyte, but still..

I'm noting that inherent to the act of using the Terrorbyte for one of its intended purposes (stealing gunrunning supplies) results in it being despawned. That's obviously poor game design and simply can't be intended. Hence :ughh:

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

Eregos posted:

and simply can't be intended

I assure you they did not think about it enough to "intend" anything beyond "we can put this in the game and people will buy shark cards"

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Eregos posted:

That's obviously poor game design and simply can't be intended.

New thread title.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

SplitSoul posted:

New thread title.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

The Avenger, MOC, and Terrorbyte all fill the same vehicle "slot" for you and only one of them can exist on the map at a time.Entering a facility holding a one of them removes the others. It's not a bug, it's deliberate bad game design and they're not going to change it.

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
it's still dumb thougj. you can have a personal vehicle outside, go in a garage and look at other cars, and the pv is still outside

it's not like they couldn't do it, they likely didn't think about it

or the code is so dumb that they really did just smash all 3 vehicles into the same vehicle id slot or w/e idk I'm bad with computers I don't even know how I post

Eregos
Aug 17, 2006

Given the situation with the Command vehicles constantly despawning over the course of a realistic play session, and the fact parking the Terrorbyte or MOC near a high-end apartment to abuse the Lester teleport to make them more accessible is highly recommended, I've picked out the best ones for that purpose. I was using Richard Majestic but the Terrorbyte spawned a couple blocks away which became frustrating. I assume Stilt apartments would be bad, since they are so annoying to drive out of, and generally far from spawns.

Del Perro Heights has the absolute closest Terrorbyte spawn, steps from the entrance in a side alley, and it's right across the street from the cheapest CEO office I got. It's also close to an MOC spawn on the pier bridge and not far from a personal aircraft spawn on the beach. I settled on this one. There's also other spawns I didn't mention but from what I see Del Perro is close to everything. Now that I've got Del Perro the effect of the stupid despawn mechanic is minimized, it's barely even beneficial to move the Terrorbyte from where it spawns because it's so close.

Near the center of the city 4 Integrity Way is mediocre, right across the street from Arcadius CEO office, the Terrorbyte spawn is out back which isn't ideal and the MOC is several blocks away. Personal Aircraft is in the canals 5 blocks away.

Also near the center, 3 Alta is a couple blocks from a CEO office (Maze Tower) but the MOC spawn is just out back and the Terrorbyte just down the street. Personal Aircraft is miles away though. Probably slightly better than 4 Integrity.

Those 3 really are the only viable non-stilt options in terms of close Terrorbyte spawns to high-end apartments.

Eregos fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Oct 20, 2018

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Eregos posted:

Given the situation with the Command vehicles constantly despawning over the course of a realistic play session, and the fact parking the Terrorbyte or MOC near a high-end apartment to abuse the Lester teleport to make them more accessible is highly recommended, I've picked out the best ones for that purpose. I was using Richard Majestic but the Terrorbyte spawned a couple blocks away which became frustrating. I assume Stilt apartments would be bad, since they are so annoying to drive out of, and generally far from spawns.

Del Perro Heights has the absolute closest Terrorbyte spawn, steps from the entrance in a side alley, and it's right across the street from the cheapest CEO office I got. It's also close to an MOC spawn on the pier bridge and not far from a personal aircraft spawn on the beach. I settled on this one. There's also other spawns I didn't mention but from what I see Del Perro is close to everything. Now that I've got Del Perro the effect of the stupid despawn mechanic is minimized, it's barely even beneficial to move the Terrorbyte from where it spawns because it's so close.

Near the center of the city 4 Integrity Way is mediocre, right across the street from Arcadius CEO office, the Terrorbyte spawn is out back which isn't ideal and the MOC is several blocks away. Personal Aircraft is in the canals 5 blocks away.

Also near the center, 3 Alta is a couple blocks from a CEO office (Maze Tower) but the MOC spawn is just out back and the Terrorbyte just down the street. Personal Aircraft is miles away though. Probably slightly better than 4 Integrity.

Those 3 really are the only viable non-stilt options in terms of close Terrorbyte spawns to high-end apartments.

Are you even having fun anymore my dude?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Why does a full load of supplies create three trucks/boats to deliver for document forgery? :qq:

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

prefect posted:

Why does a full load of supplies create three trucks/boats to deliver for document forgery? :qq:

I was doing research last night on what a full bar of supplies turns into and what kind of sales you get. Full load of cash supplies turned into 2.5 bars of product and I had and feeling but I pushed the SELL WAY THE gently caress ACROSS THE MAP button(from Paleto bay) and sure enough it turned into 2 PostOp vans with 5 stops each and it took like 5 minutes to even get to the first drop so when I finished the first truck I went back to base and the first round trip took14:55 so I jumped in #2 and finished at 28:30 and it paid $149k and I paid the $75 for supplies so the moral of the story is that this is a lovely way to make $75k

Then I gave up research so will continue tonite!

Eregos
Aug 17, 2006

The best chart for MC business profitability is here from this story. I lucked out tonight and got the single big truck for my Cocaine sale and 3 Helicopters for my Meth sale. Selling a full business is definitely worth it when you get the single big truck. The irony is I'm actually slightly faster at doing 3 boats than 3 helicopters, ~16 minutes instead of ~20 minutes respectively. Trash trucks and Post-Op vans are automatic Find New Sessions of course. Baggers are OK as long as I have I/E export on cooldown (wasting moneymaking opportunity otherwise), because I wheelie like crazy up the hills, especially through the wash.

Eregos fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Oct 21, 2018

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
If anyone wants to help me sell some stuff today, message me on psn: mustardeleven

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

So, research continued in the 'MC for singles' mindset.If you're doing this solo, then buying a full supply bar and waiting till it all turns over is a bad bad way to go

Full supply bar gets you 2 coke, 2 meth, 2.5 weed, 2.5 cash and 4 docs. All are after about 2-3 hours? I don't know how long each individual one takes per unit

The 2.5 cash is detailed above- 2 Post Op trucks, profit was $149,940 - $75,000 for supplies
4 docs was 3 sea planes
2.5 bars of weed was 3 Post Op trucks I just wrote a :lol: on my notes for this one
2 bars of meth was 2 Post Op trucks
2 bars of coke was 2 sea planes, profit was $168,000 - $75,000 for supplies

The 3 without profit numbers I did not finish, in fact I found out that you can't blow up the Post Op vans where they spawn- until you get in and move it, they are invincible. gently caress these MC jobs for seriously. Doing these was quite possibly the WORST 2-1/2 hours of this game I've sat and hate played through. Now that all my MCs are empty once more, it'll be a cold day in san andreas before I touch them again

If you really are playing the MC game to make money and want to do it solo, then you really do need to micromanage each of the businesses and timers to get the product bar to about 1.5 to get you a single vehicle sale

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

If you want to make MC businesses work, I'd recommend getting a nightclub, assigning technicians to all the MC businesses, then quit your MC and never use it to avoid the utility bills. MC businesses are low-profit pain.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

YET ANOTHER FAG posted:

This is a good thread title

Eregos
Aug 17, 2006

YET ANOTHER FAG posted:

Yes. Getting Del Perro was a huge step forward in mitigating the Terrorbyte situation. This is the only apartment location that makes the Terrorbyte useful to me. I also have an upgraded Oppressor to take the pain out of selling full MC businesses solo. There are 2 ways to do MC solo, timing it to 1 sell vehicle as Fart.Bleed.Repeat and others suggest, or doing completely full. I prefer completely full for three reasons: First, it's a huge win when I get the one big truck sell mission. Second, I automatically restart on getting Trash Trucks and Post Op vans. Third, flying back to the Boats (if I get them) is considerably faster than flying to the business to start a sell mission, and the other 2 possibilities are just as efficient (Helos & Baggers)

I've now maxed out my Bunker, Underground Warehouse, Cocaine, Meth and Counterfeiting. It generally takes about 2 hours to sell everything. I know the other sell routine, which is just Bunker+Underground warehouse and running empty MC businesses takes about 45 minutes (Counting everything, finding new sessions, restarting the game to fix bugs, finishing the Editor and Thief I idle in, etc) but right now I prefer the former. If it weren't for the fact idling in a mission avoids paying utilities, I'd just run just the Bunker+Underground warehouse.

I'd categorize the MC sell missions thusly (For the 3 good businesses):

1 Big Truck: Excellent.Takes around 5 minutes.
Helos, and Boats: Good. Take 15-22 minutes. If you are selling full and being efficient, these are actually competitive with I/E garage for $$/Hour.
Baggers: Mediocre. Take 25 minutes.
Post-Op vans, Planes and Trash Trucks: Automatic restart. You set your spawn location as <Last Location>

Now that I do the Mule method I'm comfortable with Baggers. I've got Cocaine, Meth and Counterfeiting all in Western Sandy shores. They are close and it takes 2-3 minutes to resupply all of them when I spawn in the Route 68 garage (which you should own). I also got the Underground warehouse glitch, only got goods produced on 2/5 businesses last night. Followed some dude online's advice, unassigned the workers, returned to singleplayer then reassigned, Fortunately it worked.
You also have to manage your raid timers. They don't build in Missions or freemode as long as you're not a CEO/MC, so you maximize that time.

Not an MC sale but I managed to do a 3 monster truck Bunker sale to LS with 4 minutes left. I got lucky and they were on the closest hills, never bother otherwise.

Although it's good to have more recent confirmation, I'm linking again for Fart.Bleed.Repeat in case he missed.

edit: Really Good info on Business Raids here. I was confused about whether I should resign as CEO/MC before ending my session with idling in Editor and Thief. Turns out it's not necessary. It's true you can only be raided while a CEO/MC though and only for businesses of that type. Lastly I'll add I was using the Oppressor MK1 to reach my businesses during raids (more engaging to use than MK2) and was annoyed I couldn't use my Auto Pistol to shoot the driver of the police van taking the employees away. But my concern was needless as tickling the van with the harmless default machine gun causes the driver to get out. I think I'll keep the machine gun over the rockets for this reason alone, and use the MK2 for PVP instead.

Eregos fucked around with this message at 11:12 on Nov 14, 2018

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

This is a good thread title

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
double money/rp on hangar crates, dogfight mode, and terrorbyte missions this week. also some things on sale

Eregos
Aug 17, 2006

Ok, I'm gonna finish my Hangar missions this week and sell out. Will get the ~50% Hangar bonus, plus it gets doubled. Less not worth it than before. I also installed GTA 5 on my (obsolete) secondary PC purely for idling in Editor and Thief, so I can play other games on my main PC and passively generate income. Every 2:30 or so (who cares, could be 6 hours, still free money) I finish the mission and resupply businesses.

edit: Motherfucking hackers can screw with you even for one moment. I wasn't running session sweeper on my secondary PC, when I quit I was in an open session for about 60 seconds. During that brief time a hacker must have hit me with "Securoserv is currently blocked due to your recent behaviour". Had to go idle an extra hour to get rid of it. Have to have Sessionsweeper running constantly on any PC running GTA, seems like I tend to get paired with other people who are also running it when people show up at all.

Eregos fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Oct 23, 2018

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.
What are some good crews to join for newer players? Any goon crews?

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
I've recently been playing with WEZL which may be why there are never any other crew members to join in on. I should switch back to LLJK, and that's also the one you'd wnat to join as a newbie I think.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:

b0ng posted:

What are some good crews to join for newer players? Any goon crews?

We have LLJK for the goon crew and its platform-wide, you can post your social club url in the thread after reading the OP and an invite will be sent to you.

Also as Jedi Knight said we have WEZL from back when there were about 16 different crews, it's essentially a gimmick for the GTA-universe news channel Weazel Action News and the crew logo is the Weazel News logo. Geeves (I think?) also used to run a Twitter/Tumblr and post news stories for everybody's news reporter personality. They were fun times and people need to post more stories.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Is there any way to change crews and keep a vehicle emblem after changing back? Don't really care about having different emblems for different vehicles or on clothing. Overall the grenade is off my brand, but I'd rather keep LLJK than create a crew of 1 just for some rotating emblem hijinks

Is there a distance limit on sticky bombs? I put a few on some gas pumps, and then drove around the block to get a good run up. I was going to blow them as I went over like a stuntman, but the trigger did nothing, and when I went back to the station, the bombs were gone

Other than that, had a nice relaxing night of just cruising around in different hearses and other spooky vehicles. Did you know that hookers don't mind getting into a hearse with a masked man wearing nothing but booty shorts? Also did some painting and shuffling around to tighten up some car collections. In the couple hours I played I never once started up CEO or MC, or even thought about warehousing. In fact I think I fired less than 10 shots all night, most of them into my doorman because he wasn't paying attention. I mean really, motherfuckin Dragula is gonna come and slam into a dozen patrons waiting in the line YOU are watching and you're just going to keep standing there like you farted and nobody knows it was you? I'd fire you if you weren't my baby's daddy