Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth

pog boyfriend posted:

bring back old ap alistar. those fuckers made it fotm and took out the sheen mechanic and ruined my favourite character, i was playing alistar top and mid since season 2

wall stunning with headbutt rip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
https://euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/patch/patch-821-notes

hmmmmm

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Efb

Uhhhh Alistar... is cool. Thanks for reading

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Ashe buffs :toot:

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
To my horror, silver is just as bad as bronze. In my last two games, jungle flat out decided to only farm because he died on his first gank. Then in another game, jg and top started inting because they were mad at each other. They were both doing it. Together. Like a hate gently caress.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

The Dregs posted:

To my horror, silver is just as bad as bronze. In my last two games, jungle flat out decided to only farm because he died on his first gank. Then in another game, jg and top started inting because they were mad at each other. They were both doing it. Together. Like a hate gently caress.

It never changes, it's this way all the way into challenger.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
Another bit of nostalgia is pre rework BATTLERAKA.

Pick soraka mid lane. Your core build is liandrys, sunfire, and abyssal scepter.

EVERYTHING MUST BURN

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Honestly those karma buffs are going to make karma top lane even more hideously obnoxious to lane against than it already is.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
i promised myself not to play this game again and then someone said karma buffs

Dancer
May 23, 2011

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Another bit of nostalgia is pre rework BATTLERAKA.

Pick soraka mid lane. Your core build is liandrys, sunfire, and abyssal scepter.

EVERYTHING MUST BURN

Lol, look at this youngster, talking of a time after liandry's was added to the game.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

You wanna have an enlightening moment about this games success go look at the original models and character art. It’s amazing the game succeeded. Pumping assloads of money into a game can work out sometimes.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I think we're almost at the tipping point where more people would prefer to play on Season 3 patches now and "Private Realms" start popping up

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
I miss old Aatrox. Changing him was the worst decision Riot's made in a long time. He was fine as he was before dammit.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Zodiac5000 posted:

I miss old Aatrox. Changing him was the worst decision Riot's made in a long time. He was fine as he was before dammit.

He really wasn't. He was fun, sure. Balanced? Not in a million years. New Aatrox is both those things.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
I'm really pissed about AD malz being ruined...

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
AP crit Poppy :'(

Dancer
May 23, 2011
What other champ has a better chance of winning straight up 1v2s at lvl 1?

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

i was talking about this earlier but these buffs do loving nothing and it is going to result in a small drop in karthus winrate as people will try the supposedly buffed karthus and lower the winrate with mediocrity. top karthus likes this against ornn or malphite maybe

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Dancer posted:

I'm really pissed about AD malz being ruined...

AD jungle malz was way more fun than it had any right to be.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
There were quite a few times I'd avoid taking W until level 8 because I would just never have the mana to spare for it, or couldn't requiem because I had to wait for mana to regen up to 150 to pop it off after Q spamming someone into range, they are welcome changes even if karthus isn't very meta where most picks just want to hit 1 CC skill shot to kill someone from 100% instead of 15 in a row or in a game where champs like irelia and akali exist with endless dashes.

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

pog boyfriend posted:

i was talking about this earlier but these buffs do loving nothing and it is going to result in a small drop in karthus winrate as people will try the supposedly buffed karthus and lower the winrate with mediocrity. top karthus likes this against ornn or malphite maybe

His W is really strong and the mana cost is a lot. This is a pretty good buff IMO

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Tired Moritz posted:

I just wanna keep emptyquoting dope poo poo from five years ago. AP Poppers and her stupid ultimate.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

It hurts... :smith:

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
After getting warmed up on my account I'm now boosting my S/O.

I am become Elentor, booster of Elos.

Currently at Silver 2. At this point the smurf detection is going on full mode and I'm having some extremely hard matches.

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/developer-corner/NPBRPjqf-preseason-dev-update-number-3

Ziggs going to be pick/ban

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
How do you guys deal with Pyke as a support? He's loving obnoxious.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

The Dregs posted:

If you're playing a low-mobility ADC, you have to give Pyke's all-in a lot of respect. His Grab into Q into ignite does more than enough to secure a kill or force your flash.

If I see Pyke, I'll typically go Lucian - if you hold your E until you see him use his dash you can dodge out and get a favorable trade 9/10 times.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
I deal with it by picking pyke (pyke rules).

Semi serious answer: when I'm playing pyke, I ban Morgana cos I find she messes him up. If he lands an unexpected hook, you can spell shield the followup stun. This leaves pyke just dashing into your minion wave which leaves him exposed for a dark binding.

There's also tahm, just eat your adc if they get hooked. You also have your own HP regen so you can trade better.

Pyke loves the brush cos he can throw hooks and also recover his HP. Ward the brush to deny him an easy recovery.

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
Thanks. I'm actually pretty good with Morgana. I can see Spellshield +Q really making him regret his decisions.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Also just more generalised stuff: few botlane champs can match his level 2 all in, really only Leona comes to mind, so be extra careful when he hits 2.

Morgs good but really anyone with heavy CC at least makes him think twice before going ham. I love picking him into squishies like nami, brand, janna etc but I have to pick my fights more carefully against Alistar and the like

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
Whelp just started a game. Pyke vs Morgana. Let's do this. NM he went mid lol

The Dregs fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Oct 24, 2018

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Another stupid af old-school thing: bankplank. By sheer happenstance, GP was my first ever main. I still remember this incredibly stupid game before I was level 30, where I sat on boots + double philo + triple hog and just farmed top lane until I had 10K gold saved.

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope

Monathin posted:

He really wasn't. He was fun, sure. Balanced? Not in a million years. New Aatrox is both those things.

How so? He didn't seem to actually cause problems, he just existed. I don't buy riots line on him being unbalanceable. Oh no, a hero is suddenly being used in competitive that isn't a normal staple! Clearly this cannot stand!

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Enigma89 posted:

His W is really strong and the mana cost is a lot. This is a pretty good buff IMO

his w is too situational to be a “must get” ability, often functioning as a utility one point wonder in lane as maxing e and q is far more important. no karthus mains advocate maxing w. it simply is not a priority, despite being a good ability

karthus also has real mana issues as his q and e are like a mana black hole. 30 mana off an ability you seldom use compared to q and e is insignificant. 50 mana off an ability with a 3 year long cooldown is insignificant. only the change to the cooldown provides any real buff in that an aggressor karthus has more frequent aggro timing windows

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

to put it simply: level 3 lay waste costs 32 mana. a 30 mana reduction on w does nothing about karthus mana problems. you can use one more q now. likewise, a 50 mana reduction is two more qs.

E: to be clear, though, i do not think these buffs are bad.... just that they do not do anything important. karthus is, and has been good, and now he is imperceptibly better. just be advised that karthus is not going to be some huge terror now that his mana issues have been unlocked or what ever

pog boyfriend fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Oct 24, 2018

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

The Dregs posted:

Support pantheon. If the enemy adc is under half health just jump on them and kill them, if not your adc will have to burn some mobility if pike goes in, but then panth's point and click stun will usually kill him.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
The answer to Pyke isn’t [x champion], it’s just playing around his cooldowns, same as any other hook support. Wait for him to miss, then move up and bully him for it until he backs off. He’s pretty squishy early on, so even him landing something doesn’t guarantee he won’t get blown up.

If you do just want to counterpick, Leona or Taric.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

The preseason changes seem like they will really reward strong leaning champs and also make waveclear way more important. More minion health and resists and etc mean you need waveclear to hold back late game sieges or you just fold. And longer landing phases with harder to take towers means you really benefit from being an rear end in a top hat to your lane opponent and then freezing the lane.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Arcturas posted:

The preseason changes seem like they will really reward strong leaning champs and also make waveclear way more important.

The preseason changes are a horizontal shift more than a vertical one. Longer laning phases actually benefit scaling champs that are weak in lane more than they benefit strong early laners. If you're playing Vayne and your turret gets blown up at 7 minutes, your only real choice now is to try and freeze the wave at your inner and pray to god your team can 4v5 for 15 minutes, because extending past inner is likely a death sentence. The barricade system ensures that strong laners are still rewarded for playing forwards while also ensuring that scaling champions can't get completely knocked out of the game within the first 10 minutes. It also partly disincentivizes roaming, so weak laners aren't putting their other lanes in as much peril as before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Have they removed the dumbfuck idiotic design decision that towers in some lanes are harder to destroy than towers in other lanes? It feels really bullshit when I'm 3-0 Quinn/Heimer/Ez top, and I used every moment alone in lane to push, and the 0/0 enemy bot lane with mediocre pushing power still takes first tower bonus.