Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Zenithe posted:

Nobody answered, but the answer is immigrants.

Wrong, more guns means immigrants with guns which is like double reverse ultra bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

The Dollop is touring Australia at the moment and when I went to their friday night show it was the history of Nauru from Europeans first encountering it to today.

They just released the episode, it's brutal but worth a listen.

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007

JBP posted:

"First up is the “anal probing sequence,” in which the player character is dragged past three other characters who are being actively probed, is then probed himself, and then has to help rescue Randy Marsh without accidentally probing him. Obviously, this comes with a spoiler warning and is very, very NSFW.

The second sequence, the “abortion sequence”, starts with the doctor performing an abortion on the player character, and ends up with the player performing an abortion on, once again, Randy Marsh (poor Randy)."

Probably the part of the video game classifications that's most out of sync with film classification is the drugs and sex parts.

Drugs are fine, sex is fine. But if either is used as 'reward or incentive' then that game is going to be refused classification. Which is why you play GTA V and have a drug trip but Fallout can't call the health powerup 'morphine'.

The South Park abortion thing was cut because it would have constituted a sex scene with an underage child. As it was Butters getting an abortion device up his khyber.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

drunkill posted:

For fucks sake.

The Liberal Party of Victoria - Mormons, Cops & Broke

https://twitter.com/BrendanDonohoe7/status/1054622633671589888

These guys look like they spend a lot of time drinking coffee in Lygon Street imo

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

WE HAVE TO CONTROL OUR ENVIRONMENT
IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN
That’s what’s weird about videogame censorship. Before I moved here I assumed everything was censored. I read an article about Australian game censorship in PC Gamer. But I can see the most disgusting, depraved filth on TV and movies, but not videogames. And they don’t ban most violent videogames, just a few random ones. And that graffiti one, Mark Ecko’s Getting Up.

Still annoyed about Saints Row 4 and Shadow Warrior 2, which Devolver didn’t submit because they didn’t think it would pass classification.

There’s also the related issue of a continual lack of funding for the videogame industry.

On the bright side, ACMI in Melbourne does good videogame exhibitions.

Count Chocula fucked around with this message at 12:47 on Oct 23, 2018

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
Shadow Warrior 2 is around, it's rated R18 and I got it free from GOG a while ago

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/suedonovangild/status/1054697549976690689

sad but true.

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN
I just checked and it’s out on PS4 too, thanks! I must have misremembered.

Looks like We Happy Few appealed its ban and also got released here.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I was just thinking about how many people 150-170,000 is and it's like 5+% of Victoria's work force number. Sure there's old retirees marching and stuff but it's by and large workers and family so I'm very impressed.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Shoo in

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007
Plenty of vocal shitheads online saying things like "I could never live in Australia because of all the games that are banned there".

There was definitely a few refused classification titles before the R18 category was added that were a bummer, but all of those have been resubmitted for the most part. There's the drug and sex stuff as mentioned but all they do there is cut a scene or rename the drugs to vitamins and resubmit. Beyond that the RC titles are mostly weird anime stuff with sexualised school girls.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Can't even play BMX XXX mr speaker.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I remember I was gonna try to import GTA4 until I found out the censored stuff was just the awful sex scenes.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Count Chocula posted:

you are really fixated on something that hasn't been newsworthy in quite some time.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

well i guess i don't follow gaming news anymore so maybe i'm not down with the kids or whatever.

but

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

I remember I was gonna try to import GTA4 until I found out the censored stuff was just the awful sex scenes.

yeah basically. it's not like poo poo was ever really missing it has just always come across as some 'mah games :argh: ya drat nanny state' thing

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

But it’s not like anything else is censored. Hell SBS used to show Oz in prime time. Free HBO shows airing when any kids could see them. But they cut games.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Hot Coffee

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

There's probably a huge number of kids who hang out in the strip clubs in GTAV so I'm not sure there's a huge difference.

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

I guess even our healthcare system isn’t perfect: https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-10...m&sf200571682=1

Key points:
The Federal Government has cut free transport for Aboriginal dialysis patients in Adelaide
It said SA Health needed to fund transport for its own patients
SA Health said it would only help some patients with transport, requiring them to a pass a disadvantage test

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Count Chocula posted:

I guess even our healthcare system isn’t perfect: https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-10...m&sf200571682=1

Key points:
The Federal Government has cut free transport for Aboriginal dialysis patients in Adelaide
It said SA Health needed to fund transport for its own patients
SA Health said it would only help some patients with transport, requiring them to a pass a disadvantage test

Sounds like the special envoy on indigenous affairs is working hard.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Wow, at this rate it'll just be 2-300 weeks before they start to become affordable to the normal person, then?

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Wow, at this rate it'll just be 2-300 weeks before they start to become affordable to the normal person, then?

sounds good to me, i’ll get paid to live in south australia when it goes into the negatives :cool:

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

Count Chocula posted:

Yeah, it's a private/public partnership in which all the privateers and their lobbyists should be kicked to death

Tgent
Sep 6, 2011
People are going to lose their poo poo when Cyberpunk gets refused classification for having drug powerups (that's still a bannable thing, right?)

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007

Count Chocula posted:

They tend to be a bit more conservative on the first pass. Even before the R18 category was added there was examples of games that were ruled RC, then resubmitted unedited and classified.

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007

Tgent posted:

People are going to lose their poo poo when Cyberpunk gets refused classification for having drug powerups (that's still a bannable thing, right?)

If they judge it to be drugs as a 'reward or incentive' it gets refused. But all you have to do is rename them to 'vitamins' like in State of Decay or generic sci-fi sounding stuff like in Fallout and it's no problem.

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

Why’s the Australian government so strict on drugs anyway? We’ve got legal prostitution, legal gambling, and a ton of great stoner rock and punk bands. But there’s no talk of legalization, decriminalization, or pill testing.

incredible flesh
Oct 6, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo

Count Chocula posted:

Why’s the Australian government so strict on drugs anyway? We’ve got legal prostitution, legal gambling, and a ton of great stoner rock and punk bands. But there’s no talk of legalization, decriminalization, or pill testing.
because they are trying to drive me, personally, out of the country and/or into the arms of satan

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

My band played at a pro-pot rally in a park once. It was really, really lame.
Sniffer dogs disproportionately target poor people and minorites.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

This is inaccurate some places have dropped 25% in less than a year hundreds of thousands gone. 1k a week is being really generous when it can be upwards of 5k a week.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

Count Chocula posted:

Prisons are worthless if they're empty and cops are worthless if they don't fill 'em

And you can't be a tough on crime politician boy if it's not extremely illegal to just do drugs or be homeless

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Oct 23, 2018

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

So in the coming carpocalypse when automated cars take over from regular drivers who will the cops pull over for speeding?

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
Julie Bishop is facing questions over a gift of a pair of shoes worth potentially up to $25k that she hasn't properly declared or paid for:

https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/po...016-p50a25.html

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Lid posted:

This is inaccurate some places have dropped 25% in less than a year hundreds of thousands gone. 1k a week is being really generous when it can be upwards of 5k a week.

It begins

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
lol Morrison is going to subsidise new coal plants, the next election is going to be a massacre and it will be glorious

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

How are they this out of touch? They basically believe their own propaganda pieces and then take the Murdoch comments as a good benchmark as far as I can tell.

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
The media is starting to actually pick up on the house pricing too. On the way into work today the radio was interviewing some guy from one of the home renovation shows and 90% of what they were talking about was the houses potentially not selling on the final episode.

Language was still “but they might not make money!” As if it’s a given that house prices should’ve gone up forever but still

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

Gotta get those coal industrialist core voters on board. What happened to Scott "that Captain Planet Villian duke nukem" morrison?

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

JBP posted:

How are they this out of touch? They basically believe their own propaganda pieces and then take the Murdoch comments as a good benchmark as far as I can tell.

Morrison has seen what Trump has done and tried to copy it for his own leadership style and failing badly at it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
That Angus Taylor prick is a real loving piece of work.

• Locked thread