Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Can't wait until the game releases and all the detractors leave this thread forever in the face of the flawless gameplay. Ho ho ho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
So as swift for farther away from the other players on his server his fps didnt stutter or freeze up as much.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

lol at the guy yelling at his kid to go to bed

dogsupremacy
Dec 3, 2012
this game is a giant fuckin turd. its a pvp sandbox and they took out any pvp now its got nothin

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof

Agent355 posted:

Can't wait until the game releases and all the detractors leave this thread forever in the face of the flawless gameplay. Ho ho ho.

watching a stream of this theres literally nothing happening ahahah how can u gently caress up a game so bad

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP
I guess this solidifies why they aren't doing a steam launch - no steam means no "under 2 hours of play = guaranteed refund" policy.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I've cycled through 3 streamers tonight and each one has said "Well when we can play it on pc we can (do thing) (it will be better because thing)"

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

dogsupremacy posted:

this game is a giant fuckin turd. its a pvp sandbox and they took out any pvp now its got nothin

that one streamer has spent 1.5 hours on the jumping puzzle and then just got mad and gave the controller to his friend and left

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Siljmonster posted:

this game has:

jumping puzzles
1 meter fall damage detection
terrible dungeon layouts
lag
empty containers
melee damage tied to framerate
containers with a single wrench in them
large swaths of nothing

the huge box deep in a vault with a random piece of nonsense junk is gonna be so frustrating after trying to get through all the bugs and falls and respawning enemies. or maybe it is a piece of loot only its locked 40 levels above you

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

I'm not particularly worried about graphics and framerate since I'll be running at 1080p for the foreseeable future, but I'm leaning toward cancelling the preorder and waiting for the first 50% off sale next year or two because the game just doesn't look that interesting. I guess I should wait for the PC beta to make my decision but I feel like New California will be more fun for the next 6-12 months, in large part because I trust a fan community that's been working on a mod for 7 years a lot more than I do Bethesda, nevermind some studio they acquired and renamed.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
I'm going to do the same but I feel like this game is going to be the most fun at release when its the most populated and most buggy

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallout more like crapout

Saladin Rising
Nov 12, 2016

When there is no real hope we must
mint our own. If the coin be
counterfeit it may still be passed.

Lol, streamer is ending his stream and (among other, more positive things) he said he felt a bit "burnt out". After one 4 hour session.

That is like the most damning indictment of FO:76 I can think of; you should be loving pumped and excited after your first session of getting to play a brand new game, not burnt out.

Saladin Rising fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Oct 24, 2018

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Is he normally a PC player? I can totally see someone being exhausted by the lower framerate, FOV and console aiming when they're used to playing on PC, even if they otherwise enjoy the game.

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
Did you guys not enjoy the computer jumping/block puzzle that came completely out of left field in Far Harbor? I'm sure glad to hear they expanded on this idea because if there's one thing the Gamebryo engine is know for it's fine controls and precision movements.

I was tempted to watch a stream but decided against it because I knew it would just disappoint me. Instead I'm watching someone play EUIV. So keep the second hand reports coming.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

had a fun time playing the beta tonight but it was a bit short on gameplay

also i spent all night but i couldn't beat this first boss? seems a bit imbalanced

Molothecat
Jul 25, 2007

Wrath, hate, pain, and death!

Lunatic Sledge posted:

so has anyone tried New California yet

I am. It's a little janky, but the story is good and i'm enjoying it. By jank, I mean 1 crash in 2-3 hours of play and items sometimes reappearing after leaving and re-entering a room.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Psychotic Weasel posted:

I was tempted to watch a stream but decided against it because I knew it would just disappoint me. Instead I'm watching someone play EUIV. So keep the second hand reports coming.
it's probably for the best, everyone i watched hasn't played fallout before and were completely baffled by all the elements that they just ripped wholesale out of fallout 4 and by extension the games before that. the base building seems to be completely foreign to everyone despite bethesda making vast chunks of their DLC just base building pieces

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Lunatic Sledge posted:

so has anyone tried New California yet

I got major slowdown in a couple of rooms in the tutorial :(

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

it seems ok otherwise though

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

I'm going to do the same but I feel like this game is going to be the most fun at release when its the most populated and most buggy
Yeah, getting a group of friends together and playing on the same server, whether we get along with people or they want to PvP, might be worth the extra $20 (I got the Amazon $12 off deal a few months ago and somehow ended up with 6 months of Prime for free out of the deal.)

ymgve posted:

Is he normally a PC player? I can totally see someone being exhausted by the lower framerate, FOV and console aiming when they're used to playing on PC, even if they otherwise enjoy the game.
Everything else aside, just the difference between keyboard/mouse and controller is huge for me. I haven't been able to play decently with a console controller since N64

Psychotic Weasel posted:

Did you guys not enjoy the computer jumping/block puzzle that came completely out of left field in Far Harbor?
I had to skip it through console commands because the stupid bugs wouldn't move off the first platform no matter what I tried or how many hours I went back in saves. It was a Homer Simpson "Um, has anybody seen Tron?" moment.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
So apparently if a teammate gets a wanted tag, you can shoot them, but they can't retaliate because you're their teammate. Then you can kill them and get the bounty.

Bethesda!

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Molothecat posted:

I am. It's a little janky, but the story is good and i'm enjoying it. By jank, I mean 1 crash in 2-3 hours of play and items sometimes reappearing after leaving and re-entering a room.
I expect crashes, and item glitches items reappearing doesn't seem that unusual given the bug that's persisted through 3, NV, and 4 where mines that blow up or are disarmed don't reappear after quickloading. The server must be hammered, I'm 2 hours into downloading the second file and still have 4 left to go with a solid 90-100 mbps connection on my end. Looking forward to trying it tomorrow, though.

ymgve posted:

So apparently if a teammate gets a wanted tag, you can shoot them, but they can't retaliate because you're their teammate. Then you can kill them and get the bounty.

Bethesda!
This is going to overwhelm the PYF game glitch thread and make Space Station 13 look like a polished piece of work, isn't it?

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

ymgve posted:

Bethesda!

Ultima Online had exploits like this at launch with the bounty system

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
so i played this for a few hours. the performance is pretty bad, so i would really recommend you either play on a one x or pro in 1080p or play on pc.

i'm also in the pc beta so i'm hoping it's a little less janky there, and if not well all i really wanted was the helmet anyway.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I suppose that's another thing that's screwing them up. Since you can only download from Bethesda's servers, they obviously wouldn't anticipate how high demand would be and therefore slow dl times. Something Steam could probably fix given how much bigger they are.

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.

Siljmonster posted:

Ultima Online had exploits like this at launch with the bounty system

Eve Online too. It's actually beneficial to get a bounty there because you get your friend to kill you and split the cash.

Bounty systems don't work when there is no real penalty to death.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

so i played this for a few hours. the performance is pretty bad, so i would really recommend you either play on a one x or pro in 1080p or play on pc.

i'm also in the pc beta so i'm hoping it's a little less janky there, and if not well all i really wanted was the helmet anyway.

Wait.

You double dipped on this?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Arcsquad12 posted:

I suppose that's another thing that's screwing them up. Since you can only download from Bethesda's servers, they obviously wouldn't anticipate how high demand would be and therefore slow dl times. Something Steam could probably fix given how much bigger they are.
Or they could make an incremental patch so I wouldn't be redownloading the entire game even though I originally downloaded it when they tweeted out instructions that people should download it ahead of time

I was getting up to 40Mb/sec which would have been quick if it was say a gig or two instead of the whole loving game over again, the absolute tools

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.

Donovan Trip posted:

Just watched a vertibird fly out of the ground into the sky lol

This game may be secretly brilliant for it's bugs. I can't wait to see a compilation.

As perverse as it sounds, I bought this game exactly for this reason - I want to bury my face in the jank. I wanted to see how badly bethesda hosed up making an already-broken-as-hell engine not built for multiplayer into a multiplayer game.

And if it's so bad after launch that consumers start demanding refunds, I'll always just get on board with that.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

I've been playing Morrowind's multiplayer mod with the boys lately, and it seems more polished and functional than this game. If anyone here wants to play a somewhat functional multiplayer Bethesda game, I recommend playing that instead

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

A Sometimes Food posted:

Wait.

You double dipped on this?

not really. i had a 60 dollar Xbox balance from...something or other, and i never actually use my xbox, so i figured I'd try it out.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Spacedad posted:

I want to bury my face in the jank.

New thread title

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.
Is it so wrong that I get perverse glee out of running into bizarre glitches and bugs in bethesda games. (And also that I feel it will be even more perversely fun discovering them while playing with goons.)

I'm hoping there's discoveries of exploits that mess up the game on the scale of the 'higher framerate causes skyrim's physics to flip out.'

Let's do it. Let's break the gently caress out of this game.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
I dunno guys, I feel like I got my money's worth out of Conan Exiles, and this is pretty similar except Fallout flavored and with broken combat ai for mobs, weird almost-pvp, BethSoft scale bugs, and no clear design direction. Maybe it'll be okay in the end :shobon:

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Metro spoke to Hines, the vice president of global marketing and communications at Bethesda, and asked him about the new Fallout game, specifically regarding how long the developers planned to keep it aloft in the games as a service environment that the game appears to fall into. Hines unironically responded by saying “forever”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/comicbook.com/gaming/amp/2018/09/15/fallout-76-will-last-forever/

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

man, at least go for the more believable lie of 'until fallout 5 is out'

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Spacedad posted:

Is it so wrong that I get perverse glee out of running into bizarre glitches and bugs in bethesda games. (And also that I feel it will be even more perversely fun discovering them while playing with goons.)
No

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Donovan Trip posted:

Metro spoke to Hines, the vice president of global marketing and communications at Bethesda, and asked him about the new Fallout game, specifically regarding how long the developers planned to keep it aloft in the games as a service environment that the game appears to fall into. Hines unironically responded by saying “forever”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/comicbook.com/gaming/amp/2018/09/15/fallout-76-will-last-forever/

I believe he will fall back on the "I was merely joking" defense later when he's called out on this and again admit no fault

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Hellgate: London levels of hubris here. But that game had NPCs!