Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
+3 Beto in Collin County. Line was about half young and olds and about half minority/white. Wait time was about six minutes. When we left the line had actually grown to about double the wait.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
interesting part of the GOTV strategy

https://twitter.com/BetoORourke/status/1054716452719087616

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

We can rag on Beto for a lot but he's doing get out the vote poo poo REALLY well.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I've never seen a Democratic candidate for any office work harder

Skex
Feb 22, 2012

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

zoux posted:

I've never seen a Democratic candidate for any office work harder

If he wins, this will be why. Well that and pent up range by Texas lefties who are sick of being the laughing stock of the country.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/longhornderek/status/1054886777498959872

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I don't know what any of that means

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Somebody in the comments says this doesn't include Harris, Travis or Tarrant counties

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

he says it's for the "15 biggest counties" which would include all of those???

if biggest means population and not land area or something stupid

also he's comparing two days' data to two-three weeks???

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Shear Modulus posted:

he says it's for the "15 biggest counties" which would include all of those???

if biggest means population and not land area or something stupid

also he's comparing two days' data to two-three weeks???

Eh, probably not worth trying to parse yet

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah

This is a good video and I like the cutaways to mooing cows and such

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHeghi3mPlg

TropicalCoke
Feb 14, 2012

skipdogg posted:

How'd you get that info?

The elections department sends out a daily master list around 9 am to various campaigns. I work on campaigns and have a database web app I use to gather this information. That's just for my slice of Bexar though. missing about 1/3 of the vote.

Nonsense posted:

Do you recommend any polling sites around the city that aren’t swamped?

Vote on the West Side or South Side. Memorial Library, Las Palmas Library, Mission Library, Palo Alto College. All low turnout areas.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

I don't know what any of that means

Lots of Republican primary voters, but also lots of people who generally don't vote in primaries (which generally means Democrats). Don't think this chart communicates anything.

Water Resistant
Jul 10, 2003

zoux posted:

You can't tell poo poo from early voting totals. In 2016, Hillary won the FL early vote by 250k.

So much this.
https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/early-voting-was-a-misleading-indicator/

Number_6
Jul 23, 2006

BAN ALL GAS GUZZLERS

(except for mine)
Pillbug
Voted this evening at the Manor ISD building just east of Austin, on 290. Effectively zero wait time, good parking, would vote again. Not enough of a crowd to really gauge any trends. Guy voting next to me had a boy with him, was showing him the ropes of the voting machine. The election staff were surprisingly adamant about no cell phones, for some reason. They basically yelled at one guy about it. The only race I really had to mull over was whether to vote for Adler again...I was tempted to cast a protest vote in that race, but the other candidates didn't seem any better.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah noticed the cell phone thing here too

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Austin Goon, yet to vote (won't have time until Weds/Thurs due to work, but boy howdy do I plan to do so), glad I'm not reading Props J/K here wrong. The whole "AUDIT THE CITY" reeks too much of Libertarian "AUDIT THE FED" madness and gently caress those assholes who scream bloody murder that the lot next to them might be used to build an apartment building to house 4-8 families instead of an even bigger McMansion. I'd like my own place one day!

On the way back from work this morning I saw one of those LED billboards on I-35 between San Marcos and Austin declare Beto wants us to pay 24 cents more per gallon of gas. I was all "gently caress yeah" but I'm not some broke brained idiot who think the government's budget comes from magic and pixie dust*. It seems that Ted and his buddies are really throwing everything they can at Beto in hopes that something, anything sticks just enough.

*I might be broke-brained in the opposite direction after dealing with some of those idiots in that I react to more taxes on me as a good thing.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Somone took a photo on their phone within the polling area when I went and the poll workers made them show them the photo on their phone and then watched them delete it.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
Well it is illegal...

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Why is it illegal

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
who knows? Anti-intimidation? https://www.sos.state.tx.us/elections/laws/advisory2018-11.shtml

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

zoux posted:

Why is it illegal

"Vote the way I tell you, take a photo to prove it, you'll get paid / not get hit"

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
Yeah, not recording people while they cast their SECRET BALLOT is kind of a prerequisite to having SECRET BALLOTS in the first place. This shouldn't be surprising.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea there's a lot of ways 'get a photo of your ballot proving your vote' can be used as bad poo poo, of all the dumb rules that's actually a fairly sane one.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
Of course, people could just Snapchat their vote.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Honestly, that was the first time I've ever voted where the line, the poll worker's check in desk, the poll worker's log book, and the voting machines were all in the same room.

In Harris county it would be a line that terminates into the check in station, where they'd send you to one of multiple rooms with booths. In there, a poll worker would have you hancock their log book and assign a booth for you. So there was never any issue with just hanging out on your phone until you're ready to vote, basically.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Dameius posted:

Honestly, that was the first time I've ever voted where the line, the poll worker's check in desk, the poll worker's log book, and the voting machines were all in the same room.

In Harris county it would be a line that terminates into the check in station, where they'd send you to one of multiple rooms with booths. In there, a poll worker would have you hancock their log book and assign a booth for you. So there was never any issue with just hanging out on your phone until you're ready to vote, basically.

Really? I'm in Harris too and every time I vote there's a setup of tables in the back with check in and log book then you go to the booths set up around the room. Of course I early vote at Tracy Gee so there's a lot of space to set that up.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
I always votes at the West Gray Metropolitan Center. :shrug:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/tedcruz/status/1055110140335140865

https://twitter.com/SymoneDSanders/status/1055111457631821829

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Wow Ted Cruz is gonna have to match a lot of energy in this race

https://twitter.com/toddgillman/status/1055114913167876097/photo/1

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

Harris county here, voted at the Public Health building near the Galleria on day 1. Also hoping Cruz loses (and takes down Culberson with him).

Dameius posted:

Somone took a photo on their phone within the polling area when I went and the poll workers made them show them the photo on their phone and then watched them delete it.

But how else will people on social media know I voted if I don't do a ballot selfie with an #IVOTED caption

TropicalCoke
Feb 14, 2012
lol cruz cant fill up a room in Dallas of all places

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

TropicalCoke posted:

lol cruz cant fill up a room in Dallas of all places

I remember when Cruz got booed at the NRA convention. That was when it hit me that we might actually have a chance.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/briannasttone/status/1055150369846763520

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

That doesn't even make sense. Does it?

I thought Monday's numbers were just pent up gotta vote folks that would taper off immediately

Thermal Anomaly
Jul 1, 2017

by Cyrano4747

FBS posted:

I thought Monday's numbers were just pent up gotta vote folks that would taper off immediately

Just speaking for myself, I put off early voting until Tuesday because I figured Monday would have big lines from first day voters, but the lines were pretty much just as long

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

FBS posted:

I think I saw comparisons to 2014 that had Day 2 of early voting in 2014 ALSO having more voters than Day 1.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
If you just want to look at the raw table and then check tomorrow's page: click here.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

tuesday is voting day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
My polling location was an Ace Hardware, which seemed kind of unusual.