Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Lt. Lizard posted:

Its actually an objective scientific fact that redheads > brunettes, sorry.

I am willing to accept the option that Shani > Triss, tho.

Shani is a true redhead, Triss dyes her hair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Hobo Clown posted:

Triss-choosers probably let the Cat Witcher go free, too

Nope, Triss all the way but killed that fucker without hesitation.

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul

Lt. Lizard posted:

Yen >>> shani>triss

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
I actually would've preferred a sustained Keira romance since blondes do it better

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
W2 Triss is way superior to W3 Triss. They made... mousy. Also, the W3 outfits sucked (except for that dress at the party).

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef

Hobo Clown posted:

Yenn picker and I let that homie go so..... Though maybe I just did that quest after getting shafted / attacked by the last 5 quest givers. Also he noticed I was wearing Cat School armor and called me a cat/wolf hybrid which I thought was awesome.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Remember early trailer Yen?

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

Rinkles posted:

Heard the (Polish) writing and VA is good.

I'm playing in English, VA is ok. Story so far is ok, but not groundbreaking. Main map feels more like Spellforce than HoM&M. Kind of feels weird for a queen and her retinue scrounging countryside for timber. Battles are still in tutorial mode. Cards look nice, and some are even animated.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Omnicarus posted:

Seriously though, Triss or Yen or Shani?

Thank you goon sir.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

RedSnapper posted:

Triss before Yen on that scale?

Seriously, what the gently caress is wrong with you?

Triss whole arc is trying to save as many people from pogroms as possible, despite the fact that she could escape by herself easily and the huge danger just staying in the city puts her in. Also she kinda lets herself be willingly tortured for sake of others and goes help at the climatic battle(s), even if Geralt dumps her. True, she is huge poo poo when it comes to personal romances, but she is hardly alone at that.

Yennfer meanwhile explicitly doesn't give a single gently caress about anyone not named Ciri or Geralt, which puts her behind Triss and Shani, who do care about people not named Ciri or Geralt, pretty much by default.

andrew smash posted:

Yen >>> shani>triss

We can't be friends.

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul

Lt. Lizard posted:

We can't be friends.

Live with your shame pervert

FloppyDisk
Feb 5, 2004
Is this where I put my Title text?
Welp this sucks. I had plans to purchase Thronebreaker tonight as I had some extra free time and this kind of game is right up my alley. Although I'm glad to have stumbled into this thread to learn about the recent controversy. The only influence I have on companies is with my purchasing power so I'll have to skip this one.

It's too bad that CDPR can't make the smart, profitable decision and sack the PR guy or form a sincere apology.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The style of thronebreaker reminds me of telltale.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Lt. Lizard posted:

This is correct but in the case of people like Yennefer she is the exception to the rule. Not unlike Jennifer Connelly being the perfect woman despite not having red hair .....

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Rinkles posted:

Heard the (Polish) writing and VA is good.

We can go Polish with English sub titles again? I love doing that!

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Hobo Clown posted:

This is me.

Also CDPR should just fire the social media chud. He's obviously letting his personal political agenda shine through their official media channels and any other company would've gotten rid of him already.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

Thronebreaker is pretty fun so far. There's a mix of battles with your deck and logic puzzles based on preset cards. Also you can skip the battle if you fail.

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so
Sorry, Comte, I’m back out again.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
Oh word, turns out they addressed this before we all started even talking about it today:
https://twitter.com/GOGcom/status/1054706033887793152

You can all buy Thronebreaker again. :nallears:

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

p sure that's the non apology people have been referencing all day fwiw lol

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Yeah, even if people had reason to give their twitter guy the benefit of the doubt, at the very least the statement should acknowledge that the tweet was in very poor taste. It's a lovely statement.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Knowing it was an on purpose, terrible attempt at being punny leaves an even worst taste in my mouth than if it had just been PR being too lazy to double check a hashtag. Bad joke and even worse timing.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Oh word, turns out they addressed this before we all started even talking about it today:
https://twitter.com/GOGcom/status/1054706033887793152

You can all buy Thronebreaker again. :nallears:

Imagine being even further behind on this story than GOG.

You can go back to not posting like you know what you're talking about.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

What’s your least favorite monster to fight. Mine’s foglets

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Spiders

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
1) Human rights are not a "social debate."
2) "Keep politics out of games" is a gamergate platform and dogwhistle.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 205 days!
It's kind of amazing how passive aggressive the GoG person is in those tweets.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Drop an Yrden sign and then let yourself get trapped in a web. Yrden stuns spiders, so once they bum rush you, you break free and slaughter them.

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Ainsley McTree posted:

Earth elementals or whatever they're called, just because they take three hours to kill.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 205 days!

Ainsley McTree posted:

Cliff rac... er, sirens.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Sirens are bad for wrecking boats, but my least favourite are probably Devourers and Rotfiends because they can cause chain reactions and will one shot you if you end up in their explosion radius.

But the truest answer is the Djinn or Iris's Greatest Fear on Death March.

The Caretaker is just annoying but not difficult.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

My fave enemy is punchin dudes in the face w/ fisticuffs

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Arcsquad12 posted:

Sirens are bad for wrecking boats, but my least favourite are probably Devourers and Rotfiends because they can cause chain reactions and will one shot you if you end up in their explosion radius.

But the truest answer is the Djinn or Iris's Greatest Fear on Death March.

The Caretaker is just annoying but not difficult.

I kept loving up my positioning and failed to stop the Caretaker from doing his full heal about three times. My own fault (well, and the game's awful control scheme) but it was utterly loving frustrating and the opposite of fun. If the only method you have to make a boss challenging is to start the fight over you need to go back to the drawing board on that design.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Lt. Lizard posted:

Yennfer meanwhile explicitly doesn't give a single gently caress about anyone not named Ciri or Geralt

Hell yeah it owns, that's why Yen is the best

Ainsley McTree posted:

Rock trolls because they should all be my friends intead

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Worst/hardest enemy is packs of wolves or dogs. That’s my story.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

chaosapiant posted:

I can back this story up

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

chaosapiant posted:

This is what whirl is for

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I wish the game would be a bit more helpful when letting me know which enemies I can actually counterattack or riposte. You initiate a riposte when the enemy's healthbar flashes red, and it works great on humanoids, wolves, drowners and a couple of other monsters, but then you have other monsters whose healthbars also flash but you can't counterattack them. If the flashing bar isn't meant to indicate when to counterattack but to indicate a general enemy attack, it's kinda pointless because enemies broadcast their attacks pretty strongly.

Apparently you can riposte and cut the tongue off of a grave hag, but I have never managed to get it to work because the grave hag's tongue lash is extremely fast, has no warning, and she uses it maybe once in a fight before getting slaughtered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
So did the monsters all come from the same hell plane during the conjugation or are some from different ones?