Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 349 days!
hi i did a bounty for spider today and it dropped Borealis and Lord of Wolves at the same time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
What does bsd stand for?

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

This clears the Not Forgotten talk up. Cherry on top really.
https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/9qswb6/do_you_become_a_fucking_prick_when_you_get_the/?st=JNML27SY&sh=2ac3c7ec

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 349 days!

el B posted:

What does bsd stand for?

Boundless forSaken exoDics

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

el B posted:

What does bsd stand for?

Say it out loud, quickly

yospos bithc

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Nothing like getting a double kill 10 seconds into a match with a handheld supernova and then not contributing for the rest of the match.

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

the bsd boys posted:

Boundless forSaken exoDics

Balls, Foreskin, & exo Dicks

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
Nice close game of PvP

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Gambit is fun again now that everybody in the world isn't using sleeper. I'm loving around with Borealis doing some invading and man, Borealis is a great invasion gun with Ionic Return as useful as it is.

HOTLANTA MAN fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Oct 24, 2018

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CheeseFactory posted:

Nice close game of PvP

yo cheese they're posting about you on reddit

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Fly Molo posted:

yo cheese they're posting about you on reddit

I don't have it!

Doesn't stop me being a prick though

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse
I'm liking Bygones, what would be the better mod to put in there, Counterbalance or Targeting Adjuster? It seems pretty stable already, and hovering over the mod doesn't actually show an increase in stability, so is Counterbalance a waste of time?

Serak
Jun 18, 2000

Approaching Midnight.

Listerine posted:

I'm liking Bygones, what would be the better mod to put in there, Counterbalance or Targeting Adjuster? It seems pretty stable already, and hovering over the mod doesn't actually show an increase in stability, so is Counterbalance a waste of time?

counterbalance only changes the recoil direction which is pretty much dead-vertical anyway

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

8 Agility. Traction boots. Lightweight gun.

:bisonyes:

Took a good half dozen games to adjust to the boots. But man they feel good now.

If Super mods get nerfed im just gonna run 10 Agility and see how good it gets.

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Is it possible to join a completed last wish raid and open chests in the treasure room as long as you have keys?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Horror Story is such a nice catch up mechanic-- I was like maybe average 512 power and after getting Horror Story then a handful of weekly powerful drops I'm like 547 -- that part of the grind right after 500 kind of sucks because you don't really get much in the way of new leveling content until nightfalls at 540. Not complaining about skipping it.

charismaslover
Dec 3, 2006

Too stylish for this world...

QuasiQuack posted:

Is it possible to join a completed last wish raid and open chests in the treasure room as long as you have keys?

No, we tried to get someone in who had 3 keys and it didn't work unfortunately :(

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Roman posted:

It was supposed to be Mayhem but they just posted that it's bugged so it's not available until they fix it

https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Post/249295902?page=0&sort=0&showBanned=0&path=1

I want to replay Mayhem so bad

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
blade barrage mayhem gonna be hilarious

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

moist turtleneck posted:

blade barrage mayhem gonna be hilarious

Blade barrage and nova warp are going to make mayhem unplayable. The "issues" are probably balance rather than technical.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Can Blade Barrage one shot a thundercrashing titan, and also can Thundercrash one shot nova warp? I'm going to find out one day!

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Literally the only information I want is how supers stack, I can’t tell you how times I’m supers as a striker into another Titan supering at the same time and I feel like I always die and they never take any damage, but also that way for every other super in the game.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Oh cool, mailed exotic engram!

....a 2nd Merciless.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I can't be happy I got a The Queenbreaker because I'm still mad it's not named Queenbreaker's Bow

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Spent a few hours doing the Hollowed Lair farm last night and lmao why does the curated Mindbender's Ambition have Steady Rounds instead of Accurized? Hell, even Light Mag would be way way way way better. Lmao

I did get a pretty decent one in Full Choke, Accurized, Slideshot, Moving Target tho!

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Range doesn’t matter on shotguns

It’s all impact and pellet spread. Go check out crucibleplaybook

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Range doesn’t matter on shotguns

It’s all impact and pellet spread. Go check out crucibleplaybook

I just sought this information out and I'm quite confused now. I can't tell what's good, anything that doesn't slow down the pellets or spread them out further (like Full Auto)?? You just want tight grouping that moves fast, even if not far?

The curated Mindbender has Rifled Barrel and a Range MW. Are those bad, or wasted?

I'm reading through a lot of these comments and it seems the Curated is okay, kills from 8-9 meters. Apparently Freehand Grip mod is essential.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Found someone with 242 we ran out of medals and 6500 nf kills

Cheese do you play private matches against other strong Australian players? I'd like to see a video of that.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah take off your shirts too

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Just for fun tho haha it'd be funny if you took your shirts off

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

cvnvcnv posted:

I just sought this information out and I'm quite confused now. I can't tell what's good, anything that doesn't slow down the pellets or spread them out further (like Full Auto)?? You just want tight grouping that moves fast, even if not far?

The curated Mindbender has Rifled Barrel and a Range MW. Are those bad, or wasted?

I'm reading through a lot of these comments and it seems the Curated is okay, kills from 8-9 meters. Apparently Freehand Grip mod is essential.

Best I can synthesize is that:

Shotguns have extreme damage falloff
Full Choke is extremely good EDIT: I guess it’s bad and maybe bugged?
Assault mag and full auto are top tier because of the rof boost
Range does help with aiming and stickiness but does not really affect damage falloff
The curated mindbenders is extremely forgiving but has just a bit less 1hk range than a perfect precision frame roll

Pozload Escobar fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Oct 24, 2018

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

RBA Starblade posted:

Can Blade Barrage....

the answer is probably always yes. the other day i added to my list of "can bb survive a hit from..."

https://i.imgur.com/eMisQFv.gifv

...shield toss!

also, never listen to your bros. "dont worry. res me, he'll just stare at you through the gate"

https://i.imgur.com/RRQ2xXm.gifv

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Maker Of Shoes posted:

the answer is probably always yes. the other day i added to my list of "can bb survive a hit from..."

I don't have a video, but add sleeper body shots in Gambit.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

haveblue posted:

I don't have a video, but add sleeper body shots in Gambit.

i do!

https://i.imgur.com/XZ3W9JV.gifv

i have a couple of these instances where i can safely bum rush the guy pulling heavy and eat whatever they pulled and they usually wing me with a sleeper body before exploding

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

New sentinel super is really fun in pvp for generating orbs and walking people down while holding block. Especially with the uriosa furiosa, my buddy got 4 back to back supers the other night playing iron banner. People dont seem to know how to deal with it and just keep shooting it and generating orbs.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Rubellavator posted:

New sentinel super is really fun in pvp for generating orbs and walking people down while holding block. Especially with the uriosa furiosa, my buddy got 4 back to back supers the other night playing iron banner. People dont seem to know how to deal with it and just keep shooting it and generating orbs.

dumb poo poo pubbies shooting into a commander shield tilts me so god drat hard

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Best I can synthesize is that:

Shotguns have extreme damage falloff
Full Choke is extremely good EDIT: I guess it’s bad and maybe bugged?
Assault mag and full auto are top tier because of the rof boost
Range does help with aiming and stickiness but does not really affect damage falloff
The curated mindbenders is extremely forgiving but has just a bit less 1hk range than a perfect precision frame roll

This is a very Good and Useful post!

Maker Of Shoes posted:

also, never listen to your bros. "dont worry. res me, he'll just stare at you through the gate"

https://i.imgur.com/RRQ2xXm.gifv

Winged Terror mod set completely trivializes that guy. Just hop in place during revives, and generally jump around, Spooky Woods become a sunny day in L.A.

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!
here’s the grind i went through for a top-tier shotgun:

1. open Collections
2. get Botheration

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

cvnvcnv posted:

Winged Terror mod set completely trivializes that guy. Just hop in place during revives, and generally jump around, Spooky Woods become a sunny day in L.A.

i stopped after i got the gun. the event is neat and good for a freebie but for me it got pretty stale real quick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Maker Of Shoes posted:

i stopped after i got the gun. the event is neat and good for a freebie but for me it got pretty stale real quick.

Can't blame ya. There's no surprise or deviation to it, but I want that frou frou shader :gay: