Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Count Chocula posted:

Why the gently caress not? We’ve locked up 600 people in a concentration camp for 5 years. That’s some Donald Trump poo poo and it’s completely at odds with the rest of this compassionate country. It should be on everyone’s lips, but people ignore it. The refugee groups I follow have barely any engagement and the issue is ignored by everyone. Now the focus is on sick kids, but everyone needs to get out of those camps. It’s disgusting!

Is there anything I, a mentally ill broke shut-in with no people or legal skills, can do to help?

Mm yes, 5 years, those naughty Liberals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

Chicken Parmigiana posted:

And “hokey-pokey politics”, is that the other one they’re trying to make happen? I’m not sure what it even means and I’m guessing they don’t either.
It’s a play on the lyrics about putting your left/right foot in and out and shaking them all about.

It’s embarrassing. ScoMo’s a tool.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
They need to fire their entire PR department and appoint a Secretary of Patter with some idea of how average people talk.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
The Liberals will do nothing, because they always have their get out of jail free card.

Autographed with a personalised message: "Thanks for helping me knife that ginger <expletive deleted>, as agreed I've doubled down on the reffo brutality so you'll never have to worry about getting wedged again"

- Kevin '07' Rudd.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Chicken Parmigiana posted:

And “hokey-pokey politics”, is that the other one they’re trying to make happen? I’m not sure what it even means and I’m guessing they don’t either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLVMMxzSaMc

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Jo_Fisher

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
https://twitter.com/workmanalice/status/1054942039899394048
going about as well as expected...

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
A lot of working class people are religious, I know it's hard.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

JBP posted:

A lot of working class people are religious, I know it's hard.

Yeah this isn't a policy being followed because Labor are class conscious, lmao

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

bell jar posted:

Yeah this isn't a policy being followed because Labor are class conscious, lmao

The bible thumpers flip Liberal though. Sorry to always realpolitik but that's why this stupid poo poo happens every loving time, even if there's no real statistical reason or data.

like "hey nah, I reckon the shoppies will be pissed about this and start fracturing us, but also I reckon it will play well with povvo micks, yeah roll it out what's the worst that can happen" is ALP policy making 101.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Also this fuel strike nonsense is pissing me off because it's basically a bunch of right wing fuckwits complaining about taxes on petrol being too high when the opposite is the case.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Les Affaires posted:

So in the coming carpocalypse when automated cars take over from regular drivers who will the cops pull over for speeding?

Black people

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Count Chocula posted:

Why the gently caress not? We’ve locked up 600 people in a concentration camp for 5 years. That’s some Donald Trump poo poo and it’s completely at odds with the rest of this compassionate country.

Australia is not a compassionate country.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

GoldStandardConure posted:

Australia is not a compassionate country.

Yeah we are very racist.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

hooman posted:

Yeah we are very racist.

also hate anyone less fortunate than ourselves

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

GoldStandardConure posted:

also hate anyone less fortunate than ourselves

Or more fortunate judging by some of the foaming Liberal poors reaction to yesterday's rally.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

https://twitter.com/NickMcKim/status/1054512234162880515

Don't forget the browns

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

What an unbelievably world class piece of poo poo.

He's not talking about deporting our browns but about how well we treat the refugees currently dying of neglect in our care compared to how we treat the browns dying of neglect in our communities.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

YOU'RE LITERALLY IN GOVERNMENT YOU POSTER CHILD FOR ERECTILE DISORDERS

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
ABC is launching an investigation into whether Luke Foley sexually harassed a ABC journalist at a Christmas Party.

NSW Govt must be popping corks.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

The Lord Bude posted:

Julie Bishop is facing questions over a gift of a pair of shoes worth potentially up to $25k that she hasn't properly declared or paid for:

https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/po...016-p50a25.html

$25,000.

For a single pair of shoes.

It's a whole other loving world where people like her live, isn't it.

JBP posted:

Also this fuel strike nonsense is pissing me off because it's basically a bunch of right wing fuckwits complaining about taxes on petrol being too high when the opposite is the case.

Want to see if any of the big servo companies even notice a difference in their sales.

Also, everyone who doesn't fill up today will still have to fill up in the future, so the companies aren't even losing any money.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

Megillah Gorilla posted:

$25,000.

For a single pair of shoes.

It's a whole other loving world where people like her live, isn't it.

Want to see if any of the big servo companies even notice a difference in their sales.

Also, everyone who doesn't fill up today will still have to fill up in the future, so the companies aren't even losing any money.

I don't know about where you are, but it generally costs more to fill up on a thursday/friday anyway, as they know that's when a lot of people get paid.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Thursday has historically been the low point in the cycle here in SA, but magically this goes out the window when a long weekend is coming up, damnedest thing

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Anidav posted:

ABC is launching an investigation into whether Luke Foley sexually harassed a ABC journalist at a Christmas Party.

NSW Govt must be popping corks.

Oh no, not an excellent reason for Labor to wash their hands of Foley.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Oh no, not an excellent reason for Labor to wash their hands of double down on Foley.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
https://twitter.com/HarlowGavin/status/1054959057893765123?s=19

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

It was the best of times, IT WAS THE BLURST OF TIMES?!

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

He's literally a reptile.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
lol the libs appointed Morrison’s former CoS as treasury secretary without bothering to even make him fill out a CV or anything

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
https://twitter.com/kevinbonham/status/1054983050063421440

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

bodes well for the election campaign

hidys
May 6, 2015

"Give the boys a bit of a rev up."
https://twitter.com/antonygreenabc/status/1054991370400743425?s=21

https://twitter.com/antonygreenabc/status/1054992096548020226?s=21

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Countdown to people claiming all Jews obey the Sabbath and that's the reason.

hidys
May 6, 2015

"Give the boys a bit of a rev up."

JBP posted:

Countdown to people claiming all Jews obey the Sabbath and that's the reason.

I think Kevin Bonham addressed that point and stated there is no way that could be the only explanation for the difference.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/kevinbonham/status/1054932171230666752

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuGjEqG1FOc

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug

This is so good

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

WE HAVE TO CONTROL OUR ENVIRONMENT
IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN
I just read an article about it talking about how weird and awkward he always is and I felt kinda stigmatized ‘cause i’m like the weirdest, awkwardest person ever.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
https://www.theguardian.com/austral...ImCLLW4uFoz0uBo

The Guardian Link Above posted:

Prominent rural advocates have become increasingly vocal over a potential return of Barnaby Joyce to the National party leadership as the prospect of a concerted independent push in rural areas gains momentum after the Wentworth byelection.

A nascent political movement, Anyone But Nats, has started to run advertising across northern NSW ahead of the 2019 state and federal elections. It has been funded by the IT businessman, Charles Tym, whose family has donated $20,000 to fund 400 advertising spots across regional television stations.

Tym, who donated to Tony Abbott’s 2013 election campaign, describes himself as a “rank novice” in politics who was formerly a “mad Liberal party voter” but now is supporting candidates who are against coal seam gas and want progress on climate change.

“It was climate change that tipped me over and Abbott in particular. He’s done everything over the last few years to stymie progress on climate change and the Nats won’t stand up for their constituents and stand up for what they want because they are in the thrall of mining companies,” Tym told Guardian Australia.

Click link for more hilarity.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Count Chocula posted:

I just read an article about it talking about how weird and awkward he always is and I felt kinda stigmatized ‘cause i’m like the weirdest, awkwardest person ever.

You aren't a poor hating monster. You're fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Every liberal and national seat runs an independent candidate with a shot

:yeshaha:

• Locked thread