Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

xxEightxx posted:

Hallow be thy flame.

FTFY.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twat McTwatterson
May 31, 2011
So been playing this again, and gently caress I definitely love this game. Nothing out there quite like it. So since launch I only ever played Attrition, which I think everyone agrees is the meat and potatoes in terms of modes, but in my coming back around I've been playing quite a bit of Amped Hardpoint and Bounty Hunt, both of which I enjoy. Obviously the player base is thin and limited, but I still get full matches on PS4 when I play.

So just asking, did most people only play Attrition (and I played a lot of it) like me or did they always play various modes?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Attrition's definitely my main mode, but I'll also gently caress with CTF and LTS. Not a huge fan of Bounty Hunt.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Hopefully the new blacks ops can tide me over until I find out EA ruined TF3

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
:smithicide:

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Went back out of boredom with other games to get the pilot helmets and holy gently caress is this game so much loving fun. Christ the single player was so good and multi was perfect

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
I play hard point and bounty occasionally. Never got into CTF due to the small size.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Both of those are good yeah. CTF just never had enough people playing it :/

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 21 days!

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

:lol: at pilots who don't embark in Scorch to defend the frontier

I liked Northstar as well, but Papa Scorch is eternal

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

:drat:

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Still crazy to me that Doom 2016 wasn't my favorite shooter released that year

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
There should be a law that keeps all platforms of Titanfall 2 populated.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Eyud posted:

Still crazy to me that Doom 2016 wasn't my favorite shooter released that year

I played Doom after TF2 and yeah, it doesn't hold up.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Ularg posted:

Its got my vote.

PS4 still going strong, usually 1.5k to 2k online. What’s really amazing is there are low level people in games, it’s not all prestige 99 superstars. Should be a free psn game already, share it with the masses

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
I pop on once or twice a week on pc and it's the same thing, I guess all the pros have moved onto something else. Almost every game is average players like me and it's super fun.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Haven’t played on Xbox in almost a month but seemed strong still. I’m always down to play though if anyone ever wants to.

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Hopefully the new blacks ops can tide me over until I find out EA ruined TF3

Good news! Titanfall 3 is going to be a Battle Royale!

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
So just last week I put together a PC rig and I could finally run my copy of Titanfall 2 that I had gotten a code from a stream giveaway the community manager was doing. He was dropping codes for Xbox and PC copies into twitch chats begging for PS4 codes. Anyways the experience has been pretty humbling as I'm pretty trash at mkb. Whatever skills I had playing Counter Strike and Quake back in the days I've lost spoiling myself on a controller. Once I'm in a Titan it's not nearly as bad but it's still pretty tough. TF2 on PC with all the settings cranked up looks :discourse:

Skyscraper posted:

Good news! Titanfall 3 is going to be a Battle Royale!

You joke but 100 Titans dropping onto a field sounds pretty cool.

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

Wazzit posted:

You joke but 100 Titans dropping onto a field sounds pretty cool.

WHOAHOAHOA wait thats LTS mode with a high player count and not what I meant

edit: and a better map, I guess, got to agree there

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Yeah Battle Royale Titanfall would be far from the worst thing to happen to the game

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
They could airdrop in the titans from dropships, sort of how they do the crate specials in the current model.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Battle Royale loving sucks and I hope it never comes to Titanfall, I wouldn't mind a Battlefield Titanfall spin-off though.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Ularg posted:

I'm keepin this game fresh by switching from Scorch/A-Wall to Northstar/Holo-Pilot

This game's got legs. Wouldn't it be great if they gave it away on PS+ and a popular resurgence caused Respawn to start releasing content again?

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

They could airdrop in the titans from dropships, sort of how they do the crate specials in the current model.

I am furious that BT was on a dropship in one of the campaign levels, now I cannot insist that this universe completely lacks vehicles that can carry Titans. Their entire method of transportation is dropping in from orbit and detonating when no longer needed.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

I'm keepin this game fresh by switching from Scorch/A-Wall to Northstar/Holo-Pilot

This game's got legs. Wouldn't it be great if they gave it away on PS+ and a popular resurgence caused Respawn to start releasing content again?

I have regened every weapon and titan in the game to earn their special gold calling card for them and I still find the game fun.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Ularg posted:

I have regened every weapon and titan in the game to earn their special gold calling card for them and I still find the game fun.

Same but G10 :suicide:

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

I wish there was a way to check stats online. My screenshots are really old.

But uh, yea, same :shepface:

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

s.i.r.e. posted:

Battle Royale loving sucks and I hope it never comes to Titanfall, I wouldn't mind a Battlefield Titanfall spin-off though.

I don't hate battle royale, but it would be an awful fit for Titanfall so yeah I hope no executives see that joke

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Ularg posted:

I wish there was a way to check stats online. My screenshots are really old.

But uh, yea, same :shepface:

drat, your titan distribution is so balanced!

Mines, like 60% Scorch, 25% Northstar, 10% Tone, 5% everyone else collectively

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
My gaming group keeps trying to get me to play Battlefield with them, and it's like "no sorry maybe try Titanfall 2 for 10 bucks?" but NOOOOOO. Idiots. This game is king of the "run around and shoot stuff and get shot in the back and have ridiculous moments" shooters

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

drat, your titan distribution is so balanced!

Mines, like 60% Scorch, 25% Northstar, 10% Tone, 5% everyone else collectively

Ion and Scorch are def my favorite, Ion over Scorch. But like I said I wanted to unlock everything for every weapon and titan, including cosmetics.

It was such a satisfying grind. I try it with Battlefield games but never really hit a finish line.

I have so many ps4 share clips from my time playing titanfall 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7S8-gd_7Few

My gaming group keeps trying to get me to play Battlefield with them, and it's like "no sorry maybe try Titanfall 2 for 10 bucks?" but NOOOOOO. Idiots. This game is king of the "run around and shoot stuff and get shot in the back and have ridiculous moments" shooters

I redownloaded BF4 recently, at least I can specifically choose a server that's populated than get stuck in empty matchmaking forever. :smith:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

it should really be a PS+ game at this point. I mean it's been on sale for what $6-8?

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
If your friends have ea access or origins or whatever it is, i think they get access to tityfall2. I see other people mention it all the time.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

FastestGunAlive posted:

If your friends have ea access or origins or whatever it is, i think they get access to tityfall2. I see other people mention it all the time.

Yeah, but the penetration of PS+ means crowds of people

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Oh no I’m with you on that, I’m just pointing out origins for the poster w/ the battlefield friends. A lot of people are signing up to get early access to bf v so that’s a possibility to get them into titanfall

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I just want TF3.

There's not another game in existence that makes movement as kinectic and precise as TF2. I absolutely adore how you have a certain calculable amount of time that you initially stick to a wall, that has it's own indicating sound effect, and while you're up there you can sprint, or pause, or reverse direction, or do any manner of things as long as you jump before the sound ends...and then a single button press is often enough to throw you to the next wall. I know it's weird to type it out like that, but Gerstmann was right, there's just no other FPS that feels this GOOD.

I feel absolutely spoiled for other games.

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Oct 25, 2018

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

My guess is they're waiting to put TF2 on PS+ until TF3 has been announced, so everyone will see "hey this game is amazing and the next one is just around the corner, I'm gonna buy it."

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Remember how it started. I actually kinda miss the multiplayer campaign.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2S70MNAzmCQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
The MP campaign was great because there was zero skill based matchmaking. :getin: