Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Mu Zeta posted:

It's a simple google search. Red meat is manlier because it's fattier. It's better to eat too much chicken than too much beef. That's why it's macho.

i know lets talk about the health benefits of a high fat low carb diet

:unsmigghh::can:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

U-DO Burger posted:

i know lets talk about the health benefits of a high fat low carb diet

:unsmigghh::can:

I live entirely on bacon and butter.

BECAUSE I AM A REAL AMERICAN

*dies of a heart attack*

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I live on bacon and eggs fried in the leftover bacon grease, because I am a goon.

*is a 20 year old who goes to the gym regularly, has blood test results of 80-year-old chainsmoking alcoholic*

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I always felt like I got just as big if not bigger portions at most restaurants i've been to in german-speaking Europe anyway. I think you just have to do a fair comparison with restaurant tiers. Like of course the portions you get at a fancy french steakhouse or something are going to be smaller than a US truck stop diner. It's not like there aren't any fat europeans.

Eating culture is a big deal too. Like I grew up at my dad's being told to clean my plate. My french cousins grew up getting told to stop eating before they were full. Guess which set of my aunts and uncles were fat and which weren't?

Edgar Allen Ho has a new favorite as of 01:21 on Oct 24, 2018

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

sounds like the gym is adversely affecting your health

Caufman
May 7, 2007
How do you eat culture? I've only managed to eat people.

edit: and ideology.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Caufman posted:

How do you eat culture?

Yoghurt.

Caufman
May 7, 2007
:D

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

I always felt like I got just as big if not bigger portions at most restaurants i've been to in german-speaking Europe anyway. I think you just have to do a fair comparison with restaurant tiers. Like of course the portions you get at a fancy french steakhouse or something are going to be smaller than a US truck stop diner. It's not like there aren't any fat europeans.

Name one fat European that’s right you can’t

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Boris Johnson

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

fruit BOO!ts posted:

Name one fat European that’s right you can’t

The Absolute Unit.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
There's plenty of good nutrition in red meat. Of course if you eat too much of anything it can be bad for you. Yes it's easier to eat too much red meat than it is to eat too many lentils.

Saying red meat is bad for you is inaccurate.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
I liked the dark meat Mcnuggets better

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

starkebn posted:

There's plenty of good nutrition in red meat. Of course if you eat too much of anything it can be bad for you. Yes it's easier to eat too much red meat than it is to eat too many lentils.

Saying red meat is bad for you is inaccurate.

A lot of people just don't understand the concept of moderation. Like typically when you have a friend going through a "healthy eating" phase, it's usually some extreme unsustainable diet eating like 300 calories of lettuce a day or something. They think that if they are eating healthy, they can't EVER touch a steak or a cookie or basically anything they like. And of course, after a few weeks/months, they abandon the diet because they were miserable since they totally deprived themselves of what they actually enjoyed instead of just reducing their consumption of it to a moderate level.

People are the same way about cancer-causing stuff, aside from the addictive things like cigarettes. Like yeah drinking this diet coke can might increase my cancer risk slightly, but so does going outside or basically any other activity I can think of. Too many people obsess over minimizing their health risks that they are just completely insufferable to be around and live unremarkable, boring lives. But hey, they "never get sick", so I guess it's worth not doing anything you like to do.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

The real reason you shouldn't drink diet coke is because it tastes like defrosted piss.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Yardbomb posted:

The real reason you shouldn't drink diet coke is because it tastes like defrosted piss.

It does at first, but it grows on you. I can't drink the regular stuff anymore, it tastes like i'm drinking concentrated syrup and it dries out my mouth. I definitely can't drink 10 cans of it in a day, that's for sure.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Regular old seltzer water scratches that soda itch I used to have. Also vodka sodas seem to keep you hydrated and I hardly ever wake up with a hangover anymore.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Boris Johnson

He was actually born in New York!

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Wheat Loaf posted:

He was actually born in New York!

I just assumed it was a made-up name.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

It does at first, but it grows on you. I can't drink the regular stuff anymore, it tastes like i'm drinking concentrated syrup and it dries out my mouth. I definitely can't drink 10 cans of it in a day, that's for sure.

Just like piss!

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

ToxicSlurpee posted:

The Absolute Unit.

Six midgets in a giant coat

Caufman
May 7, 2007
Ugh. No. I'll just take the piss.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

Solice Kirsk posted:

Also vodka sodas seem to keep you hydrated and I hardly ever wake up with a hangover anymore.

Explains why they were the drink of choice of someone I dated last year for a couple months until I realized they were a full blown alcoholic.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

It's not really that they keep you hydrated, it's that they slow you down. Trust me, you will still get a hangover no matter how much soda you mix in with it if you drink enough. All hangover cures are bullshit and in reality the thing you think worked didn't as much as the fact that you didn't drink as much as fast. No amount of bullshit gatorade, greasy breakfasts, water before bed etc etc will save you from the next day effects of having 1 liter of liquor inside you.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

It's not really that they keep you hydrated, it's that they slow you down. Trust me, you will still get a hangover no matter how much soda you mix in with it if you drink enough.
A lot of the hangover effects are due to dehydration. Drinking more water along with the alcohol definitely prevents that. The key is to stay hydrated rather than just trying to fix it all at once with one big glass of water at the end of the night or in the morning. Drink a bottle of wine with a glass of water between each glass of wine, and compare that to drinking a bottle of wine and then just a big glass of water at the end. Or drink vodka and soda rather than straight vodka. Even if you consume the same amount of alcohol you're taking in a lot more fluid and therefore not getting (as) dehydrated.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

I'd still argue that that method helps more because you are drinking less quickly because you have to go get water (and piss every 10 minutes) between every drink and just drink less alcohol.

I know what a hangover is and what water does, but people act like they are immune to hangovers when they're just not drinking very much and even if they hadn't followed that rule, they would have had a mild hangover at worst.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

In my opinion, water doesn't hydrate you

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

I have come to enjoy Wizard Master's posts in the PYF Funny Pictures and Comics threads as a window into a very specific kind of sub-literate Dumb Internet.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.

Pastry of the Year posted:

I have come to enjoy Wizard Master's posts in the PYF Funny Pictures and Comics threads as a window into a very specific kind of sub-literate Dumb Internet.

I like to idly wonder about where the hell he finds all that stuff and then not go looking for it myself because the reality is probably much darker than the fantasy.

Loky11
Dec 12, 2006

Pull on the new flesh like borrowed gloves and burn your fingers once again

I'd still argue that that method helps more because you are drinking less quickly because you have to go get water (and piss every 10 minutes) between every drink and just drink less alcohol.

I know what a hangover is and what water does, but people act like they are immune to hangovers when they're just not drinking very much and even if they hadn't followed that rule, they would have had a mild hangover at worst.

saline injections work. godbless corpsmen and medics.

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich

I'm with you, i don't drink a, can of juice often but i would instinctively look for a diet coke, for years id get a normal one but they taste too sweet and sickly

Fizzy juice should be a treat though not a daily thing

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I only drink coke if it has some rum in it. :beerpal:

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Coke Zero is the superior calorie-free soda. Actually the superior soda, because the calorie-containing ones are gross.

Also, my recommended hangover cure includes the saline drip, but a hearty dose of intravenous lorazepam is what will really stop the shakes.

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
I like to watch CinemaSins and Honest Trailers for all the movies I'm curious about but don't want to watch. It's like Cliff's Notes with commentary notes to use in conversation to "prove you watched it."

burial posted:

I like to idly wonder about where the hell he finds all that stuff and then not go looking for it myself because the reality is probably much darker than the fantasy.

Those posts are unironically the poo poo my mom (70) posts all day on Facebook. That, chud talk, and bible quotes all day, every day. I had to block her.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

Jeez. At least my mom mostly just sticks to the bible quotes part. And pro-life links?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
I like greasy food for hangovers. It may not do anything but it feels right

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
I like to watch CinemaSins and Honest Trailers for all the movies I'm curious about but don't want to watch. It's like Cliff's Notes with commentary notes to use in conversation to "prove you watched it."

burial posted:

Jeez. At least my mom mostly just sticks to the bible quotes part. And pro-life links?

Yes, thank you. Not sure how I forgot easily half of her meme content. I don't know where she finds this poo poo. I would mine it for SA, but that would force me to truly confront the person my mother has become and I'm just not ready to do that yet.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

It’s OK. Don’t do it before you’re ready.

But also be ready soon because your suffering could well bring the rest of us joy I guess?

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
My dad can beat up your dad/dads

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

There is only one group of people that it's fair to stereotype, pre-judge, expect the worst from, and treat accordingly: Dodge Ram drivers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

burial
Sep 13, 2002

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

My dad can beat up your dad/dads

(based on the true story of my father being dead and also a skeleton that punches people for me.)