Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Now that I think about it, I think the only times I've ever been asked for my ID is when trying to use any sort of special discounts like AP, Dvc, or tables

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Trader Sam's goes to 21+ after like 8pm or so and I've seen kids in there frequently (before 8pm). But yeah if you order booze probably a chance the whole party gets carded.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Nanigans posted:

drat.

Can we upgrade a regular ticket to an Annual Pass and include the base ticket price in the AP cost?

Yes. You just need to do it before you use that 3rd ticket day. It's called "bridging" a ticket. So they will deduct the amount you initially paid for the ticket from the current AP ticket price.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Iymarra posted:

Sweet, going to convince the other half to go to Trader Sams with me then.

So I'd be drinking and he wouldn't - would he need to bring ID to enter or not? Additionally, since I'm from the UK would I need to bring my passport into the bar or would UK driving license (with date of birth and photo visible) be sufficient, from people's experience?

I am so down with the tiki tiki tiki tiki tiki tiki rum.

When we were there a few weeks ago they were carding pretty aggressively. Especially for women and couples. Once at the entrance then again at the bar. IIRC there is a sign at the host’s station saying passports are acceptable forms of ID as are drivers licenses though they didnt specify whether or not foreign drivers licenses are ok. I would err on the side of caution and call ahead day of to ask whether passport or drivers license would be acceptable for someone from the UK. You dont want to get all the way over there then not be let in. And you dont want to lug your passport around if you dont have to.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Braksgirl posted:

Yes. You just need to do it before you use that 3rd ticket day. It's called "bridging" a ticket. So they will deduct the amount you initially paid for the ticket from the current AP ticket price.

Yup. I called and confirmed that. We figured we’d end up having to buy another 1 day ticket and upgrading would be just a little more than that, so it was worth it.

We swore we’d skip getting APs this year! We bought a house and are planning an international trip! Just can’t resist that Disney magic. Now where are my slutty shorts...

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”
So, wife and I just signed up for the half-marathon in February, and her dad is tagging along now too. This'll be trip 9 or 10 for me and probably 5-6 for her, but it's the first time we'll have gone with a parent who doesn't actively despise eating at some more exotic or interesting places at the resort and the first time we'll be staying out of monorail/walking distance of a park so we're looking forward to a fairly different trip than what we've always had (Staying at Port Orleans Riverside). We're already looking at Jiko for one night, but now it's a matter of picking a restaurant for the night before the race and trying to pick brunch for Sunday/Monday. Any recommendations on the brunch side?

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
If you wanna drop the money on it, California Grill brunch is simply divine.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Iymarra posted:

Sweet, going to convince the other half to go to Trader Sams with me then.

So I'd be drinking and he wouldn't - would he need to bring ID to enter or not? Additionally, since I'm from the UK would I need to bring my passport into the bar or would UK driving license (with date of birth and photo visible) be sufficient, from people's experience?

I am so down with the tiki tiki tiki tiki tiki tiki rum.

At the Disneyland one they said I needed a passport because they couldn't take foreign drivers licences as ID, but I'm not sure if the WDW one is the same

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Beachcomber posted:

Bringing ID is advisable, but drivers license is probably enough. and it should be your passport.

FYI, if you're at another tiki bar, tiki tiki tiki tiki tiki rum is basically the same as a Painkiller.

Also, quote is not edit.

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

We were just at Disney World for our honeymoon, and my wife got ID'd several times, and me once. Every time we showed our non-American drivers licenses, and every time they were very uniform in their response that it wasn't enough alone, but they could accept it along with an image of your passport. So just take a picture of your passport on your phone, and you should be good.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
All this talk of people getting carded just makes me realize I look old.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

couldcareless posted:

All this talk of people getting carded just makes me realize I look old.

More like oldcareless.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

Beachcomber posted:

More like oldcareless.

:(

I see the tiki room spirit jersey is available in the parks now. No sign of it on the shop app. If someone is willing to pick it up and ship I'd be willing to pay, hit me up in PMs or email username @gmail.com

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler
Vacationing at WDW Fort Wilderness Lodge and heard some disappointing news from the guy at the front desk. Starting next week they are shutting down Artist Point to refurb it into a “Signature Character Dining Experience.”

Which means probably making it more expensive and having to suffer through some princesses if you want to eat there. The only consolation is that the Territory Lounge will still carry some of the original food. Thankfully I have a reservation for my birthday on Wednesday so I can eat there one last time before the muck it up.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

tomapot posted:

Vacationing at WDW Fort Wilderness Lodge and heard some disappointing news from the guy at the front desk. Starting next week they are shutting down Artist Point to refurb it into a “Signature Character Dining Experience.”

Which means probably making it more expensive and having to suffer through some princesses if you want to eat there. The only consolation is that the Territory Lounge will still carry some of the original food. Thankfully I have a reservation for my birthday on Wednesday so I can eat there one last time before the muck it up.

it's gonna be snow white and the dwarves

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Happy birthday dude

We just got back a few weeks ago and already booked our next trip. Adults only at the end of Feb. snagged JetBlue tickets for 82 bucks each way and had some dvc points we didn’t have plans for and got a SSR studio.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

tomapot posted:

It's actually dropping from a Signature 2 credit dining to a regular 1 credit dining, so less expensive.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

Braksgirl posted:

It's actually dropping from a Signature 2 credit dining to a regular 1 credit dining, so less expensive.

Interesting, I figured more characters = more money.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Cast members are like C- overall right now and I don't know if it's the crowds or there's internal fuckness going on (probably both) but I've never met so many assholes as I did this trip, especially when I'm so many goddamn sunshines and rainbows that I probably make eyeballs bleed.

We also had an injury happen this trip (there is 0 doubt it is disney's fault--there was water all over an indoor exit platform, there was a cast member -right there- who did nothing, etc) and holy poo poo guest claims treats you like trash. I get that they have a ton of false claims to weed through, but I expected better than how we were treated. Like, at least be polite and friendly even if you have to do the insurance investigation thing and all.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

The only Disney cast member I've ever had a problem with was a security guard at Fort Wilderness over Labor Day. I was taking a Lyft back from meeting Bottom Liner and the guard wouldn't allow the driver to actually go past the parking lot. When I told him that I had a severely injured foot (I later found out it was a sprained heel), he spoke to me like I was a small child that there were vans I could use to get from the reception cabin to mine. He was such a prick for no good reason that I told my driver to just keep going because it was night and the security booth couldn't actually see the entrance road, so he could drop me off right at my door instead of making the guy with a sprain walk back and forth from a bench to the parking lot waiting for a van at nearly midnight.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

chitoryu12 posted:

The only Disney cast member I've ever had a problem with was a security guard at Fort Wilderness over Labor Day. I was taking a Lyft back from meeting Bottom Liner and the guard wouldn't allow the driver to actually go past the parking lot. When I told him that I had a severely injured foot (I later found out it was a sprained heel), he spoke to me like I was a small child that there were vans I could use to get from the reception cabin to mine. He was such a prick for no good reason that I told my driver to just keep going because it was night and the security booth couldn't actually see the entrance road, so he could drop me off right at my door instead of making the guy with a sprain walk back and forth from a bench to the parking lot waiting for a van at nearly midnight.

We were at the contemporary. We were checking out. I have an injured ankle and was hobbling everywhere. This particular cast member watched me hobble from the check out lane to the check out line, waited 4 minutes, then came in and demanded I give her the keys to my car so she could move it.

There was no traffic. There were two lanes fully open (one other had a single car in it with people who were loading and getting ready to leave). There were no signs denoting if lanes had different meanings. I was "blocking traffic". So I hobbled out and frowned because by that point I was the only car, at the head of one lane. Every other lane was empty and easily able to flow through. I stared at her, said I had an injured ankle, was checking out and left (because walking goddamn hurts still). She came back in raging at me and tried to rip my keys out of my hand.

At that point another cool cast member ran over and took the crazy one backstage while apologizing profusely. I dunno what the gently caress.

We did have an amazing jungle cruise skipper named KJ, and an amazing waitress at skipper canteen named Daniela and they both got huge happy reviews left for them at guest services.

Braksgirl posted:

it's dropping because they know nobody's going to go to a snow white character thing long-term. All 7 dwarfs are popular at the halloween party but as far as I know they aren't bringing all 7 at once at this thing, yes?

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

No, it'll be Snow White, Evil Queen, and like 2 dwarves. I have a reservation there for March. We'll see.

Cais
Jul 10, 2006
unicycler
I'm going in January and when I tried their food it was some of the best I've had at character dining so I have high hopes.

Was it a valet? Outsourcing to Bags and Cars Inc is one of the worst thing the deluxes ever did.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Cais posted:

Was it a valet? Outsourcing to Bags and Cars Inc is one of the worst thing the deluxes ever did.

She had disney transport on her shoulder, so I thought she may have been mears or something but I honestly have no idea.

Braksgirl posted:

No, it'll be Snow White, Evil Queen, and like 2 dwarves. I have a reservation there for March. We'll see.

evil queen will probably sell it for a while because villains!!!!!! but eh. Hopefully the food is decent. I've got a reservation, too, but I'm not super enthused.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
This morning I had character breakfast with the villain from Moana, a scared, paternalistic culture on the brink of environmental disaster that pretends everything is alright and ignores and marginalizes anyone who brings up the problems.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Dren posted:

This morning I had character breakfast with the villain from Moana, a scared, paternalistic culture on the brink of environmental disaster that pretends everything is alright and ignores and marginalizes anyone who brings up the problems.

Yeah you had the same experience as everyone waking up in Florida today tbh

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Florida, why you gently caress everything up.

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
Try doing Disney the morning after Election Day 2016

don’t because it was depressing as hell

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Is it better or worse than when I was there the day after the Pulse shooting?

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Anya posted:

Try doing Disney the morning after Election Day 2016

don’t because it was depressing as hell

I flew to Caribbean Beach the morning after Election Day and I remember immediately checking in with my suitcase still in hand and going straight to the Banana Cabana and ordering two enormous drinks

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Oven Wrangler
Waited 60 minutes for Slinky rollercoaster, it was fun but I won’t wait half that long for it again.
Also, didn’t realized they physically moved Toy Story Mania ride.
Overall all the theming of of Toy Story land was great and plenty of details to check out throughout.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

tomapot posted:

the ride is still in the same place, they moved the queue

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Oven Wrangler
Weird it feels so far away from the original location.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
The logistics and blocking of the parks is really mind bending and that's always the thing that stood out the most when I did the run events and they had you go in and out of random access points to the parks and behind the scenes.

Unrelated, my business partner is bringing his family (wife and 5 year old daughter) down early January and I'm trying to think of some unique things we can plan for them. They've done all 4 parks but that's about it. Open to any ideas, especially you folks with kids. They're staying at French Quarter.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Busch gardens or LEGO land

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Sorry I should have clarified, unique stuff at WDW Resort. Their timeline doesn't really allow leaving property.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Have they done a new cirque yet

Otherwise horseback riding or archery at fort wilderness

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

No new Cirque yet. There's the Void at Disney Springs, which is a Star Wars VR shooter. They can schedule their meals for the Springs too because of how many awesome restaurants sprung up there.

Agree with horseback riding if they can get reservations.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

tomapot posted:

Waited 60 minutes for Slinky rollercoaster, it was fun but I won’t wait half that long for it again.
Overall all the theming of of Toy Story land was great and plenty of details to check out throughout.

I feel like 30 minutes is fair at slinky and imagine it'll be there pretty fast.

I'm cool with some of the details (like popsicle stick benches is brilliant) at TSL, but I still feel like it's a cheap, under-budgeted area that they did just to make DHS a "full day" park (it still isn't) while they try to hurry up on star wars land.

Horseback riding was super empty when I was just there.

Void is alright.

Cirque isn't supposed to debut something new til mid/late next year, I'd thought?

Disney Springs was loving dead the whole time I was there. That was kinda neat. We walked into most of the popular joints and even world of disney was pretty empty except for lunch-dinner rushes. I've never seen so many loving busses down there though. Holy poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
Void is dope if you like star wars

Or VR in general. It's got issues, but generally its super impressive.