Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
School play episode is the high bar of the post season 5 run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
The Purge is doing my head in, Penny is a loving idiot and deserves to die.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Norwegian Rudo posted:

It was good, but in no way as good as the car episode or the imaginary friend episode in season 11.

And the French Mistake. And the Becky/Chuck making fun of the fanbase episodes. There's a lot of great, funny stand alone episodes post S5. Hence me saying there's usually 1 great episode per season that makes it all worthwhile.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Rocksicles posted:

The Purge is doing my head in, Penny is a loving idiot and deserves to die.

It's a disgrace to the Purge cinematic universe

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

The Purge seems quaint on an NBCU network in a post Happy! and Blood Drive universe. They could have gone so much further.

Colony had more explicit violence.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

pentyne posted:

S6: odd one out, since they had to figure out what to do after finishing the main story, lots of random monsters and mythos stuff brought up and likely never returned to
S7: introduces new ultimate bad guys, resolves plot by the end but with the typical Dean/Sam split up ending
S8: Heaven tablets, more mystical Heaven stuff with prophets, big betrayal to set up S9
S9:Backlash from S8, lots of betrayal and deception, have to find a new ultimate weapon that has severe consequences for Dean, splits the bros up again
S10: Backlash from S9 ending, causes chaos, trying,to fix it makes it worse, ending reveals a new ultimate bad guy
S11: Follows up new ultimate enemy from s10, God finally shows up, ending introduces new human enemies who are apparently a threat
S12: Mysterious secret society feuds with the bros, some Lucifer shenanigans, introduces new ultimate character
S13: new ultimate character takes center stage, alternate world is discovered, travels back and forth, Angel shenangians ends with the bros split up again

ugh angel poo poo ruined that show.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

bull3964 posted:

The Purge seems quaint on an NBCU network in a post Happy! and Blood Drive universe. They could have gone so much further.

Goddamn Happy was so good

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Show can't come back quick enough.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Shageletic posted:

ugh angel poo poo ruined that show.

I have some good news for you

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Rhyno posted:

We live in a world where Luke Cage and Iron Fist can't get third seasons and Legends of Tomorrow is probably going to run for 10 years.

God, I hope so.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bW-0viHBEHU

Gonz fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Oct 24, 2018

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
.....what?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

A tenuous link at best, so lets all use it as an excuse to listen to Samiam's awesome "You Are Freaking Me Out" album.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
But that’s so clearly not an Eastbound and Down reference in any way. “You’re freaking me out” is a real phrase that exists in the world

In other news, Marvelous Mrs. Maisel is back on December 5th!

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Escobarbarian posted:

In other news, Marvelous Mrs. Maisel is back on December 5th!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRNU_2Jj_oo

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

bull3964 posted:

honestly, this isn't really too big a shock to me, because... the Purge movies really aren't that hardcore themselves.

like, they're solidly R-rated, but they never really go past "grounded" violence like squib hits and people getting stabbed and etc. the show would actually be weird for the franchise if it went to Happy!/Blood Drive levels of violence.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Between this thread and Imgur I think I've now unintentionally read every Supernatural spoiler.

Also thanks to Imgur I saw this today, it is insanely well done so I had to share:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nsy06n-omrg

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Lol Megyn Kelly got dropped by CAA and there’s rumors of ending her show over this blackface incident.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

zoux posted:

Lol Megyn Kelly got dropped by CAA and there’s rumors of ending her show over this blackface incident.

The what now? Should I just not google this and go about my life with some shred of faith in humanity left?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

zoux posted:

Sweet, now she's clear for a run for the senate. Go team.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

More than rumors I guess

https://mobile.twitter.com/THR/status/1055244775333318656

She will apparently be “focused on more news coverage” since she's under a 20m contract and they aren’t just gonn a buy her out - but they paid her that money, fired a bunch of Today show longtimers and gave their time to her and it's been an unmitigated disaster from start to finish. Just a tremendous, tremendous performance by the NBC executive suite

zoux fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Oct 25, 2018

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Bruceski posted:

The what now? Should I just not google this and go about my life with some shred of faith in humanity left?

"Is blackface actually racist?" - :sparkles:

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Bruceski posted:

Bear in mind that she was a Fox News host for more than a decade, but a few days ago she said that blackface was acceptable when she was a kid, and then immediately backtracked as soon as everyone at NBC basically said, "What the gently caress."

She'll likely be fired tomorrow or Friday. Her portion of The Today Show was a ratings sink in the first place.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
So yeah. Season 2 of Mr. Mercedes just ended.

And that's a pretty definitive ending. There won't be a season 3. Hell, i'm glad we got a season 2. Gleeson was a fuckin' boss on this show.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Gonz posted:

So yeah. Season 2 of Mr. Mercedes just ended.

And that's a pretty definitive ending. There won't be a season 3. Hell, i'm glad we got a season 2. Gleeson was a fuckin' boss on this show.

Apparently they really want to, though, so...

http://collider.com/jack-bender-interview-mr-mercedes-season-2/

It's really good though and I'm excited for where next season could go.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

zoux posted:

Just a tremendous, tremendous performance by the NBC executive suite

Who would expect anything less?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

In a couple months Megyn Kelly will have a Patreon making $50,000 per video that owns the libs

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mu Zeta posted:

In a couple months Megyn Kelly will have a Patreon making per video that owns the libs

Is that a dig at Rubin?

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Rocksicles posted:

Is that a dig at Rubin?

I'm not sure who that is but fleeing to Patreon to make videos owning the libs is a valid career path these days if you have any sort of following.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Colin Moriarty makes boring videos but he poo poo on women in some tweet one time so now he makes 30,000 per month.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

IRQ posted:

I'm not sure who that is but fleeing to Patreon to make videos owning the libs is a valid career path these days if you have any sort of following.

Dave Rubin of the Rubin Report. I think he was the first of them new media guys to get his poo poo together with youtube and patreon. He now basically runs a talk show on youtube, he's a gay libertarian.
I have no dog in his race, but i've enjoyed a couple of his interviews in the past. Seems like a nice guy.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Dave Rubin is absolutely part of the problem.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

MiddleOne posted:

Dave Rubin is absolutely part of the problem.

I imagine so, i've noticed a trend in his guests over the last year. I rarely watch anything he does now, but i'm still subscribed for the occasional guest.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/DailyMail/status/1055486850662649861

Wow, she's straight up done, NBC is just buying her out.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That sucks. Only because she's getting paid.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Now she can go back to Fox and be hailed as a hero who stood up for free speech.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Rhyno posted:

That sucks. Only because she's getting paid.

Yea seriously. How bad were the NBC lawyers that drafted her contract if they can't get out of paying her for being a racist.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Yea seriously. How bad were the NBC lawyers that drafted her contract if they can't get out of paying her for being a racist.

For real, she should be in breach of s&p and out the fuckin door.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Hakkesshu posted:

Now she can go back to Fox and be hailed as a hero who stood up for free speech.

Nah she burned her bridges there
https://twitter.com/jeremymbarr/status/1055497246639341568

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
She'll land somewhere and that sucks. $69 million god drat dollars to a racist. Fuuuuck you.