Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

I just woke up from a nap on a train and I'm bored , and if none of you reported that post expressing joy at my death to the tankie admin you're butts too

I reported it. We have thoroughly chewed him out. We were moving on. There is nothing more that can really be gained by continuing this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

axelblaze posted:

I don't remember that posters name, but I'm almost sure it wasn't dns.

That post was one of the main reasons Vargo quit. It was incredibly awful.

Happy fun bollocks

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Skwirl posted:

Wait, what?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3845296&perpage=40&pagenumber=390#post488940901

I gusss I said how garbage life is instead of garbage life. But I didn’t think making a point that life isn’t perfect is some kind of defcon 1 sign that you’re on the verge of doing something rash.

It’s creepy. They’re like a single entity and imo the biggest issue with cined.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

axelblaze posted:

I reported it. We have thoroughly chewed him out. We were moving on. There is nothing more that can really be gained by continuing this.

I mean I'm out of posts to quote anyway so I'm finished too

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Skwirl posted:

Glad I stopped reading the comic book movie thread. Still don't know who your talking about is it SMG?

I'm one of the persons who has too many posts about Mr. Snyder and the things I love about MoS and BvS.

Tho I try to not be part of the name calling and punch throwing that surrounds any of those discussions. It's miserable

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

how many probs do you have for telling people to kill themselves? like 17?

Apes-Ma
Aug 9, 2011

Your cage isn't getting any bigger.

Nice. :allears:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

CelticPredator posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3845296&perpage=40&pagenumber=390#post488940901

I gusss I said how garbage life is instead of garbage life. But I didn’t think making a point that life isn’t perfect is some kind of defcon 1 sign that you’re on the verge of doing something rash.

When they make you mod Axelblaze, probate and/or ban these fuckers.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

banned from Starbucks posted:

how many probs do you have for telling people to kill themselves? like 17?

Two, and they weren't even for telling someone to kill themselves

Just for saying I thought the forums and the world would be a better place if they were dead

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

A suggestion for the new mod, whoever that ends up being: Just close the star wars and comic book threads.

Half the talk in the greenlight thread is about the same stuff and the nature of that thread keeps discussion fresh as new releases get brought up. Any of the big comic movies tend to get their own thread anyways.

As for star wars it's just the same couple of arguments ad nauseum. It could just be closed and reopened a couple of weeks before the next film comes out and then at least there would be something new to talk about. If I remember right a similar approach was taken back when everyone couldn't stop talking about Nolan Batman.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
What's the nuke goes kaboom post people remember

I miss our old wholesome memes, like "I liked it. The rock rules" and "cool enough I guess"

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

CelticPredator posted:

I can't speak for others, but Guy A. Person is pretty chill and was probably just trying to be nice. I can see how it's creepy, but he's really one of the most sincere TBB posters there is.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

I miss our old wholesome memes, like "I liked it. The rock rules" and "cool enough I guess"

I did the comma thing recently, but no one noticed.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Flying Zamboni posted:

A suggestion for the new mod, whoever that ends up being: Just close the star wars and comic book threads.

Half the talk in the greenlight thread is about the same stuff and the nature of that thread keeps discussion fresh as new releases get brought up. Any of the big comic movies tend to get their own thread anyways.

As for star wars it's just the same couple of arguments ad nauseum. It could just be closed and reopened a couple of weeks before the next film comes out and then at least there would be something new to talk about. If I remember right a similar approach was taken back when everyone couldn't stop talking about Nolan Batman.

Honestly just ban discussion of comic book movies as a general thing, the thread is dogshit

If you want to make a new thread for Iron Man 22 V For Vacation do it up but no general comic book movie threads. There's a bss thread for that. Go to that cesspit

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

axelblaze posted:

I, love the comma, thing

Vargo put me on double secret probation over it

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

I, love the comma, thing

Vargo put me on double secret probation over it

I hated the comma thing because I think at the time I really despised you but it grew on me just in time for everyone to stop doing it.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

He got a mod challenge and if he failed he was going to be banned. Instead of fulfilling the challenge he just posted a screencap of the terminator giving the thumbs up from the molten steel.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
The comic book thread produced one of my favorite forums pictures so it should stay open

E: actually two of my fav pics

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

axelblaze posted:

I just assume everyone is terrible at grammar now. I remember going on a rant about the pointlessness of double spacing after a period only to find out half of y'all do it even when you know no one else can see it.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

CPL593H posted:

He got a mod challenge and if he failed he was going to be banned. Instead of fulfilling the challenge he just posted a screencap of the terminator giving the thumbs up from the molten steel.

NGK was a terrible poster but I remember having to stifle laughter at work when that happened because it was just so perfect.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

what was his mod challenge? to act out an arnold movie showing his irl muscles or something?

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Timby posted:

NGK was a terrible poster but I remember having to stifle laughter at work when that happened because it was just so perfect.

I honestly don't remember anything about him other than that because I think it happened around the same time I started posting here. I remember the thread because I was here for that but not much else.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

banned from Starbucks posted:

what was his mod challenge? to act out an arnold movie showing his irl muscles or something?

I think it was an essay thing

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

axelblaze posted:

I hated the comma thing because I think at the time I really despised you but it grew on me just in time for everyone to stop doing it.

That lines up fairly well with my recollection of the time

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

CelticPredator posted:

I'm not sure that's how I'd describe a few people going "you alright dude?" before going back to the discussion they were having before.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

CelticPredator posted:

Like I said at the time, I get depressed especially around this time of year, maybe I was projecting a bit of that onto your comment and if so I apologize. I genuinely wasn't trying to psychoanalyze, it just seemed to be an odd non-sequitur to talking about how people interpret movies.

Also, that conversation had nothing to do with Zack Snyder? So I'm not sure what you're talking about there. Unless you exclusively know me as "that creepy Zack Snyder hive-mind guy" which wow, that kind of sucks, I like other things including a lot of the same things you do (TLJ, the modern Scott Aliens films, etc). I think it's a tad creepy to associate individuals with a hive mind that's oppressing you for what it's worth.

Finally, I do find it kind of hilarious that I did just happen to be lurking the thread today specifically when Snyder was mentioned by name. I usually only check up on it occassionally to see the general state of CD, and stuck around today because of the new mod talk. Maybe I literally do have a sixth sense about people name dropping Snyder!

Franchescanado posted:

I can't speak for others, but Guy A. Person is pretty chill and was probably just trying to be nice. I can see how it's creepy, but he's really one of the most sincere TBB posters there is.

Holy poo poo this is incredibly nice. Thanks!

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Remember Vaughan Fry

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Or the uh

The guy advertising his movie

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Or the uh

The nightwing one?

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Remember Vaughan Fry

Yes! That whole saga was my favorite thing that happened here. It was just so weird. His user name here and I think also youtube account was "Legendary Badass". I remember him getting mod challenged and then banned I think but I forget why. I think he had to review something and not be a total goofy weirdo about it.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Or the uh

Tony Tango?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I’m skipping guy’s post for a second to say no I don’t hate him, but I get just frustrated with these same posters ganging up on me, and anyone else who doesn’t agree with their love of DC movies. Guy’s a better poster than them though but still. If we’re airing grievances with this place before a mod shows up, that’s mine.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I miss him so much, if he ever manages to con enough people into giving him money for another movie I hope he comes back.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Okay now caught up, I don’t think you were being rude about it but it’s like I can see you saying something sincerely and then all these other people show up and it just keeps going. It does make for a very hostile forum about something that shouldn’t be hostile at all. It’s just movies.

Apes-Ma
Aug 9, 2011

Your cage isn't getting any bigger.
My favourite was the guy causally revealing he watched all films at 1.5 speed so he could have more time to watch more films.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Apes-Ma posted:

My favourite was the guy causally revealing he watched all films at 1.5 speed so he could have more time to watch more films.

That was FitFortDanga and it was far from all films but it was still funny because he was like the #1 Film Guy here at the time and he lost it all in one post

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

Apes-Ma posted:

I don't personally do this, but this isn't uncommon. People have been doing this since DVD players came out. Some keep it to 1.25 speed so it's less noticeable. It's actually pretty handy to watch instructional YouTube videos or whatever at 1.5 because you retain all the information the same, and you can get through it faster.

I found out about it on comedian Howard Kremer's podcast.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

MacheteZombie posted:

The comic book thread produced one of my favorite forums pictures so it should stay open

E: actually two of my fav pics

I cant find the pics dammit. One is comic book ratings chart that one poster made, the other is thor with tiny eyes

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
FitFortDanga. It's all all I think of when I see them post in Rapidly Going Deaf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Apes-Ma posted:

FitFortDanga

I still make 1.5 speed jokes

• Locked thread