Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

R0ckfish posted:

Evil Sunz - Models gain +1 movement; Add 1 to advance and charge rolls; Don't suffer Assault penalties when advancing

I'm still debating whether this is good or not. I'm still going to use it because I run as many things with engines as possible but I'm not sure if it's as good as ones like Goffs or Bad Moons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krursk
Sep 11, 2001

Your anguish sustains me.
Being able to retreat, shoot and then charge again is very strong. A detachment of Blood axe shootaboys will accompany my Goff’s if that’s the case.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Blood axe seems to have the best warlord trait as well. Gotta have that command farm.

R0ckfish
Nov 18, 2013
Their relic is interesting as well:

Generic Relics:

Da ded shiny shoota -. Replace kustom shoota
18" Assault 12 S4 Ap-1 D1

Headwoppa's Killchoppa - Replace big choppa
S+2 AP-2 D2 Wounds rolls of 6+ cause 2 mortal wounds in addition

Super cybork body
5+ FnP

Da Killa Klaw - Replace power klaw
Sx2 AP-3 D3 Reroll wounds

Scorched Gitbonez - Pysker only
Add 1 to psychic tests

Gitstoppa Shells - Model with kustom shoota, kombiweaponwith skorcha or kombiweapon with rokkits only
Add 1 to strength and damage of that weapons shoota or kustom shoota profile, improve the AP of that weapon by 1 as well (AP-1 becomes AP-2)

Da Lucky Stikk - Goff only
Add 1 to hit rolls made by friendly goff chracters within 6" of the bearer in the fight phase. In addition, you can reroll hit and damage rolls for attacks made by the bearer in the fight phase

Morgogs finkin cap - Blood axe only
If the bearer is your warlord you can generate a second warlord trait for them. If the bearer is not your warlord generate a warlord trait for them. The same warlord trait cannot be generated for both the bearer and the warlord.

Rezmekkas redder armour - Evil sunz only
Add 1 to the movement characteristic of a transport while this model is embarked within it. In addition, if the bearer is embarked, then at the start of your movement phase roll d6 for each enemy unit within 1" of the transport the bearr is embarked in. Ona 4+ that unit suffers d3 mortal wounds.

Da Gobshot Thunderbuss - Bad moons with kustom shoota or kombiskorcha/rokkit only
Replaces weapon with following profile
12" Heavy2d6 S5 AP-1 D1 This weapon automatically hits its target

Da Fixxer Upperz - Deathskulls model only
The bearer gains the big mekaniak ability. If the beaerer already had the big mekaniak ability, the target of the ability regains 3 lost wounds instead of d3 every time it's used

Broggs Buzzbom - Snakebite only
6" Grenade3d6 S5 AP-1 D1 This weapon can be used once per battle. After all of its attacks have been resolved, you can immediately select another enemy unit within 6" of the target and resolve 2d6 attacks against it with the sam weapon. This ability only occurs once. This weapons automatically hits its target

Da Badskull banner - Freebooterz only
Once per battle, at the start of your turn, the bearer of Da Badskull Banner can choose to fly on its boss pole. If they do so, friendly freebooter units do not have to take morale tests until the start of your next turn

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

Floppychop posted:

I'm still debating whether this is good or not. I'm still going to use it because I run as many things with engines as possible but I'm not sure if it's as good as ones like Goffs or Bad Moons.

Turning a 9” deepstrike charge into an 8” charge is an extremely big deal

R0ckfish
Nov 18, 2013

Pendent posted:

This combined with the change to 'ere we go is pretty big, being able to choose either or both dice to reroll is bananas.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Pendent posted:

That's a good point.

And if the Warboss's WAAAGH stays the same (can advance and charge) that's an extra 2" even before the charge.

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

JUST CAN'T SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT HOW MUCH I HATE GAMES WORKSHOP!
If these are all accurate well done GW.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

R0ckfish posted:

Super cybork body
5+ FnP

I mean you can take this as a purely points upgrade but I'm looking forward to seeing some conversions try to model it. (even though conversions are now banned)

R0ckfish posted:

Gitstoppa Shells - Model with kustom shoota, kombiweaponwith skorcha or kombiweapon with rokkits only
Add 1 to strength and damage of that weapons shoota or kustom shoota profile, improve the AP of that weapon by 1 as well (AP-1 becomes AP-2)

Holy poo poo

R0ckfish posted:

Da Badskull banner - Freebooterz only
Once per battle, at the start of your turn, the bearer of Da Badskull Banner can choose to fly on its boss pole. If they do so, friendly freebooter units do not have to take morale tests until the start of your next turn

Good fun

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
What are assault penalties when advancing?

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Can shoot assault weapons, just at -1 to hit.

krursk
Sep 11, 2001

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

-1 to hit.

Edit:Beaten but those those relics look amazing. Lots of new tactical opportunities, very promosing. Evil Sun Meganobz accompanied by a KFF Mega Dread(or KFF big mek) teleporting into charge range turn 2 is going to be nuts. Tau are going to get some serious payback next month.

krursk fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Oct 24, 2018

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That Snakebite relic is going to be great if you just want to try and delete a unit or two of T3 duders.

BuffaloChicken
May 18, 2008
EDIT: For some reason, my images aren't showing up below. Might be a Facebook issue. Until they start working, you should be able to copy and paste the links to see the pictures.

Whoever turned the dumb conversation about the new Ork models into a Converted Model Post-A-Thon is a true hobby hero. So much good stuff being posted. Can't go back and tag everything but extreme shout-outs to the Skaven Marines, Van Saar Scions, every wacky Ork vehicle half-made from garbage, and of course the Beastmen Guard.

I currently have a few things on my desk being worked on.

Chaos Spawn for my jungle Daemons army. Have since been completely converted and basecoated.

Necrosphinx counts-as Maulerfiend, also from the jungle Daemons army. This is a terrible battle photo (although it did amazing in-game), and you can barely make out the sculpted vines whipping around to count as Lasher Tendrils.

Nurgle Soul Grinder for a friend, sculpting in progress.

Catachan Tank Commander, who has been fully converted since this photo and is almost 100% painted.

Stormspear Rocket Pod for my Knight, Meat Bull. An explosive melta-tipped ballista seemed in keeping with the "back-country survivalist" feel I wanted for this Freeblade. This is also almost completely painted right now.

And finally, just finished my custom Warlord for the slow-grow campaign that TheChirurgeon will be running in 2019. Thematically he's a Squat who took the Slayer Oath after letting a brood of Genestealers get past his guard patrol and kill his fellows (Tyranids eating Squats is an established 40k theme). Now he leads a band of survivors, hunting the Cult across the stars to find vengeance. Not pictured: a string of severed Genestealer, hybrid, and cultist hands dangling on his back as trophies.

Sorry for all the WIP, but I've posted most of my completed stuff before. Happy converting!

BuffaloChicken fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Oct 24, 2018

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Awesome, thank you for the rules answers my friends.

I look forward to plugging the ork stuff into beersheets calculator to find the best stuff

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Any have an unassembled Knight Castellan? I have a Valiant and I'm hoping to trade crotch plates.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.
One_wing I'm not signing into your dumb website to comment. Your magnus and knights guy cheated you if he prepared positions. It doesnt work on titanic things

Soldier o Fortune
Jul 22, 2004

Schadenboner posted:

I really wish VL would do a thing like Anvil and Mad Robot do where you can pick the torsos. The flak vests she has SKU'ed up with the Broolians doesn't scream "Catachan 5+" to me, it looks too Carapacy (although they're beautiful torsos) while the Penal torsos feel perfect to me (strictly speaking these guys are Genopenitents not Genopenals but that's a distinction mostly in their own minds not that of the Departmento Munitorum).

E: Also I like her unarmored beastman legs more than the armored ones?

I had no idea the new Broolians were out, very cool! I have 20 Penal Legion dudes that I use as Cultists, plus her wheels for my Taurox.

Might have to grab these when I go back to work on my Guard army...

Skails
Feb 24, 2008

Born-In-Space
Conversion time:

Eversor converted with GSC body, scope from intercessor, skull from skeleton warriors, sword from catachan heavy weapons.

Neophyte heads on plastic catachans.
Beefstealer cult- they have bulked up for maximum biomass.

Skaven cultist. WFB skaven Warriors + GSC acolyte. Mostly proof of concept at this stage. Will greenstuff over carapace edges on arms with fur.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
The Intercessors from my Kill Team - Demolitions Gunner, Comms with Auspex, Leader and regular dude. It's mostly the easy build kits with some parts borrowed from mates from the proper sprue. The demo guy has the "assault bolter under arm" chopped up to stick a grenade launcher there.

ZachAttack
Mar 17, 2009

Malevolent Hatform
Nap Ghost

Floppychop posted:

Any have an unassembled Knight Castellan? I have a Valiant and I'm hoping to trade crotch plates.

You in the US? I can send over my unused Castellan crotch and torso medallion if so. I actually just got a Valiant crotch off Ebay for a few bucks, I should have waited!

Injuryprone
Sep 26, 2007

Speak up, there's something in my ear.

What terrain do you all use for Kill Team? My LGS defaults to setups without a lot of LOS blocking walls.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Injuryprone posted:

What terrain do you all use for Kill Team? My LGS defaults to setups without a lot of LOS blocking walls.

you don't necessarily need as much LoS-blocking terrain in Killteam because of the modifiers to hit from cover and distance. We tend to play with the sector mechanicus terrain, which gives two levels and lots of waist-high cover.

Tiocfaidh Yar Ma
Dec 5, 2012

Surprising Adventures!

Injuryprone posted:

I found its less important than in 40k as even standing next to cover a little obscured makes your model much more survivable: the roll to hit takes -1 and the resulting damage is less likely to put it out of action if the cover was within 1".

But some LoS blocking is still valuable. The shop I play in didn't have a lot of true LoS blocking terrain either, but lots of tall apartment block type ruins with lots of windows etc. So for their 40k tourney they put a house rule that you couldn't shoot through 2 pieces of non LoS blocking ruins, which helped a lot.

Injuryprone
Sep 26, 2007

Speak up, there's something in my ear.

I'm just looking for terrain reccomendations. I've played on Imperialis alot, vs tau, and don't care for it at all.

krursk
Sep 11, 2001

Bad Moons are in the spotlight. looks like the rerolling 1’s to hit includes vehicles too. Good thing I painted my mega kannons yellow.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
Stompas got a huge boost, getting more shots with all their guns. Morkanauts too.

Seldom Posts
Jul 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Injuryprone posted:

I'm just looking for terrain reccomendations. I've played on Imperialis alot, vs tau, and don't care for it at all.

The Deadzone terrain is great. Here's a video of what it looks like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojOR5llbvto

I don't know if you can buy it this way anymore, since the best deals were on release. but I imagine you could ebay it.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

TheChirurgeon posted:

Stompas got a huge boost, getting more shots with all their guns. Morkanauts too.

It went from 3d6 + 1d3 to 7d6 shots. That is loving beautiful. God I wish I could afford an Ork army.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Good God that Stompa looks unkillable.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

BuffaloChicken posted:

EDIT: For some reason, my images aren't showing up below. Might be a Facebook issue. Until they start working, you should be able to copy and paste the links to see the pictures.

Welcome to SA, you're not supposed to hotlink most sites. Post your facebook pics on imgur dude.

Grundma
Mar 26, 2007

DOG controls your destiny. Seek out three items of his favor and then seek his shrine.

Skails posted:

Neophyte heads on plastic catachans.
Beefstealer cult- they have bulked up for maximum biomass.

I was thinking of doing something like this too. Did you try any with the genestealer carapace arms? Did it just look too noodly next to the arnold muscles?

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug
Conversion Week Post Part Three: Old School

Here's some old-rear end pics of some of my 2nd/3rd edition Chaos Marines. I own none of these any more.

Chaos Lord

Swapped out the power axe hand with a Chaos Warrior halbard hand.

Thousand Sons

Various Rogue Trader era lead minis with the four in front having small bits and gubbinz glued on to make them more chaosy. The only pewter mini there is the Tzeentch Renegade that would be the basis for the current Rubricae style.

Daemonically Possessed Chaos Dreadnought

Dremel'd the helmet-head off the dread, pinned a Pink Horror Champion in it's place, greenstuff over the gap to make it look like he's phasing out of the sarcophagus. Third arm slung under the twin heavy bolters. Marine casualty on the base is made from a tactical from the 2nd ed starter box. Not seen from the angle is the pink horror's greenstuffed winking eye.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug
quote is not edit

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

ZachAttack posted:

You in the US? I can send over my unused Castellan crotch and torso medallion if so. I actually just got a Valiant crotch off Ebay for a few bucks, I should have waited!

I am! Sent you a PM.

Skails
Feb 24, 2008

Born-In-Space

Grundma posted:

I was thinking of doing something like this too. Did you try any with the genestealer carapace arms? Did it just look too noodly next to the arnold muscles?

I didn't try any, but I still have torsos without arms so will check it out and get some pictures.
However, even the neophyte heads look a little pin-headed on the torso, and I feel iffy about how they look. I can reason they are alien mutants though.

Salynne
Oct 25, 2007

Sab669 posted:

It went from 3d6 + 1d3 to 7d6 shots. That is loving beautiful. God I wish I could afford an Ork army.

This is certainly one way to fix the "d6s instead of templates" problem. Holy poo poo.

R0ckfish
Nov 18, 2013

General Olloth posted:

This is certainly one way to fix the "d6s instead of templates" problem. Holy poo poo.

I think they have also grasped the problem of BS5+ unreliability, in response they are both providing options to increase reliability and super boosting the raw output.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
I'm desperately hoping for a cost decrease on Stompas, unfortunately that buff makes me think it won't happen. It's a really good buff though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Badablack
Apr 17, 2018
Some more conversions. Starting to scrape against the older stuff.

Contemptor with fuckhuge Gatling arms.

Tyranid Maleceptor

Imotekh the Stormlord from some trash Warmachine model

Evil Batman Night Lords...Lord

Zombie with a Shotgun

Tzeentch Sorcerer of Death

Slaanesh Naga-ettes

Another seven tomorrow!