Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

wielder posted:

Trying to tone down Emma Frost of all people sounds silly, given her personality and modus operandi. Especially since she'll still continue to have several revealing costumes in the comics, more often than not, depending on the issue.

In this case the modified clothes still show plenty of skin, either way, so their guidelines for the game probably include a specific rule about covering up chests. Evil, evil chests.

It's difficult to speculate about their internal policies. What I'd suspect, based upon what I know about demographics for this kind of thing, is that they're trying to thread the needle between being relatively faithful to the comics, providing enough fan-service to draw in certain segments of the market, and not having so much fan-service that it turns off the segment of their market that doesn't care for heavy male gaze.

I happened to be looking up Moondragon the other day as part of another conversation, and her Future Fight outfit is probably the second most covered up she's ever been, but still involves a half-shirt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Her default (and only other one for now) in the game is the Cassidy Astonishing costume.

The game's not only the only place I heard it either though. When (coincidentally) a Legends Emma Walgreens exclusive leaked a lot of the comments on toy nerd forums were about how none of her popular enough to be a toy costumes are really doable under the current Legends guidelines.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Oct 18, 2018

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide

site posted:

I've never played future fight but from that tweet, it just sounds like it's a costume you can use, but not the only one? So you can still be sexy Emma frost and not not-as-sexy Emma frost if you want?

Technically, yes.

But costumes in Future Fight - called uniforms in-game - provide a percentage boost to the character's stats (specifically All Attacks and All Defenses) that increases the higher the uniform's rank is (starting at Normal, then Advanced, then Rare, then Heroic, then Legendary, and finally Mythic). In addition, each uniform has five bonus stat boosts that are unlocked by owning five specific other uniforms that are strengthened by the rank of those uniforms. What each stat boost actually is is randomly selected from a pool of possible stat boosts, and there is a lower and upper limit to exactly how much the flat stat boost gives you. You may re-roll any particular stat for a gold fee. On top of this, uniforms often change the skills of the character in question, very likely increasing their usefulness and viability. Winter Soldier, for example, is one of the worst characters in the game, but his Infinity War uniform skyrockets him to one of the best characters in the game. Of course, this is all compounded by the fact that Emma Frost in particular is one of the few characters that is only available via crystals, the game's premium currency. (There are also a few more that are only available via straight-up money transactions, but I digress.)

Not that this has anything to do with the revealing-clothes-debate, but hey, if you're not getting everyone to level 60 and their gears to Level 20, advancing them to Tier 2, unlocking their potential by fighting World Bosses, leveling them to 70 and their gears to 25, then advancing them to Tier 3, while also constantly rerolling for one of the few good ISO-8 Set Bonuses and constantly rerolling their Custom Gear for a 200% Damage proc, then, y'know, what are you even doing with your life?

help me

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Also default uniforms can't be ranked up, so when a character only has one extra like this everyone who uses that character will be using that uniform.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I love sexy ladies, but I don't need sexy ladies ALL the time in EVERYTHING like a lot of nerds seem to need.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I don't understand a word that guy just said can we get back to talking about White Queen wearing a costume that "only" shows her stomach, cleavage, and upper thighs, but encases the rest in tight black leather?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

Technically, yes.

But costumes in Future Fight - called uniforms in-game - provide a percentage boost to the character's stats (specifically All Attacks and All Defenses) that increases the higher the uniform's rank is (starting at Normal, then Advanced, then Rare, then Heroic, then Legendary, and finally Mythic). In addition, each uniform has five bonus stat boosts that are unlocked by owning five specific other uniforms that are strengthened by the rank of those uniforms. What each stat boost actually is is randomly selected from a pool of possible stat boosts, and there is a lower and upper limit to exactly how much the flat stat boost gives you. You may re-roll any particular stat for a gold fee. On top of this, uniforms often change the skills of the character in question, very likely increasing their usefulness and viability. Winter Soldier, for example, is one of the worst characters in the game, but his Infinity War uniform skyrockets him to one of the best characters in the game. Of course, this is all compounded by the fact that Emma Frost in particular is one of the few characters that is only available via crystals, the game's premium currency. (There are also a few more that are only available via straight-up money transactions, but I digress.)

Not that this has anything to do with the revealing-clothes-debate, but hey, if you're not getting everyone to level 60 and their gears to Level 20, advancing them to Tier 2, unlocking their potential by fighting World Bosses, leveling them to 70 and their gears to 25, then advancing them to Tier 3, while also constantly rerolling for one of the few good ISO-8 Set Bonuses and constantly rerolling their Custom Gear for a 200% Damage proc, then, y'know, what are you even doing with your life?

help me

I almost read half of this

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

site posted:

I almost read half of this

Impressive fortitude

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Endless Mike posted:

I don't understand a word that guy just said can we get back to talking about White Queen wearing a costume that "only" shows her stomach, cleavage, and upper thighs, but encases the rest in tight black leather?

Ah, the "Emma Frost Attends Her Lutheran Church" variant!

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Endless Mike posted:

I read that post and understood it, since I too am stuck in the time sink that is Future Fight. Basically the optional additional costumes aren't optional of you want to Git Good.

On a similar thread they gave Satana a more demonic looking costume in the game which had an attack where the animation for it summoned up a pentagram, while making her bump and grind in a very risque manner.
After about a month they patched it so instead of doing that she just throws her hands up into the air like she's requesting Infernal aid.

So maybe a bit of an attempt to tone down the sex. On the other hand they then put Psylock in the game and you know what her costumes look like.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Before it died, the Marvel Heroes crew were told smaller boobs and less cleavage. But Marvel went out of their way to gently caress with that game so it could have just been targeted at them and not just a thing for all licenses.

Anyway I like the Future Fight variation of that costume a lot. If the top was less off the shelf sports bra and more X shaped it would be great.

Comics Emma could never take her jacket off no matter how warm it was, because she'd be exposing herself. This Emma is combat effective in a wide variety of climates.

The Question IRL posted:

On the other hand they then put Psylock in the game and you know what her costumes look like.

She does have swimsuit full butt coverage instead of a thong though. That's downright Sharia for Psylocke.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'm Hoping she'll get either her old Claremont costume or the full body suit which she had recently.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Aphrodite posted:

She does have swimsuit full butt coverage instead of a thong though. That's downright Sharia for Psylocke.

True. That being said when I look at her costume I can almost tell not only if she has waxed, but if she has been bleached recently.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

twistedmentat posted:

I'm Hoping she'll get either her old Claremont costume or the full body suit which she had recently.

Some artist on Twitter posted a Psylock costume I'd love for Betsy to have. It was full body, and while skintight was also drawn to be like urban athlete type wear with those built-in treads on the feet. A welcome change from the shinobi swimsuit.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Dawgstar posted:

Some artist on Twitter posted a Psylock costume I'd love for Betsy to have. It was full body, and while skintight was also drawn to be like urban athlete type wear with those built-in treads on the feet. A welcome change from the shinobi swimsuit.

Um, it's kunoichi when the ninja is female :reject:

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I heard Emma Frost was in a sexy costume so I came here.

...I don't mind sexy girls all the time...

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Gatts posted:

I heard Emma Frost was in a sexy costume so I came here.

...I don't mind sexy girls all the time...

Is this you?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Negative. I am a meat popsicle.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

gently caress off Gatts

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

site posted:

Oh i totally misread what was going on then, i thought it was a bunch of already existing robots who tried a catfishing op and just decided to send everyone they had once literally every stark employee revealed themselves to be single

One way or another, I found myself wondering how the conversation would go when it came out that every Stark employee's new partner was homeless, unemployed, and had no friends or family, unless the robots also had fake homes, and fake jobes, and pretended to all know each other.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Gatts posted:

Negative. I am a meat popsicle.

Multipass.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Archyduke posted:

One way or another, I found myself wondering how the conversation would go when it came out that every Stark employee's new partner was homeless, unemployed, and had no friends or family, unless the robots also had fake homes, and fake jobes, and pretended to all know each other.

They are all silicon valley trust funders who live in a tiny home co-op

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Archyduke posted:

"You never once asked her about her friends, family, what she does for a living, anything?"
"I uhhh, well... look. She was hot and she was into all the same anime as me. Didn't want to look a gift horse in the mouth, y'know?"

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Why did they put out all the edge of spider geddon books before spider geddon 2

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

site posted:

Big spoilers or just annoying spoilers?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

site posted:

Because that's how they did the Spider-Verse event probably.

radlum
May 13, 2013
I like the Spider-People, but Marvel should just give up on Morlun and his lovely family. Spider-Geddon 2 was OK, but felt too much like a setup issue for the other books.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Morlun's still around what the gently caress?!

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Synthbuttrange posted:

Morlun's still around what the gently caress?!

I like to pronounce his name Morlün (when Stracsynzski has said it rhymes with 'gun') because it makes him sound as fruity and stupid as he is.

tin can made man
Apr 13, 2005

why don't you ask him
about his penis
Morlun was cool way back in ASM Five Hundred and Whatever, like he felt new and interesting and slotted nicely into a niche of Spider-Rogue which didn't exist, plus the whole Totem stuff explored through Ezekiel then rejected by Peter at the end was solid comic book stuff in that era between 90s wackassery and Mega Event Model incomprehensibility.

The Inheritors are absolutely absurd, though. Their aesthetic and concept is all at once posh aristocrats but also time pirates but also magic totemic spirit vampires but also high tech clones but also a Gaiman-esque family unit living in a Gaiman-esque fanciful pocket dimension so it all amounts to really an ugly Nothing hodgepodge. We're told they're some major apocalyptic threat, and they themselves go on about how they're masters of the multiverse, but from what I can tell by reading the Spider-Verse and -Geddon stuff (not all of it, admittedly, because Jesus) they are superhumanly powerful because they eat Spider juice, and their purpose is to eat Spider juice, and their entire 'control' of the multiverse amounts to them having a cool door they can open to find Spiders worth juicing. Wait, just typing that I remembered that the ultimate bad mystery prophecy in Verse was them killing all spider-people, so it makes even less sense.

Also, why has not one spider just called up their Avengers or Amazing Friends or what have you instead of constantly recruiting the one hero from every dimension who makes the bad guys stronger when they lose

tin can made man fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Oct 25, 2018

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

tin can made man posted:

Also, why has not one spider just called up their Avengers or Amazing Friends or what have you instead of constantly recruiting the one hero from every dimension who makes the bad guys stronger when they lose

IIRC, spider-totems are both vulnerable to them and capable of killing them, so throwing as many spiders as possible at the problem's the only real option. I remember there were a lot of AU Spider-Men who got friends chopped in the crossfire before they figured that out, like that incredibly mean-spirited panel where we saw the corpses of the Amazing Friends.

radlum
May 13, 2013

Wanderer posted:

IIRC, spider-totems are both vulnerable to them and capable of killing them, so throwing as many spiders as possible at the problem's the only real option. I remember there were a lot of AU Spider-Men who got friends chopped in the crossfire before they figured that out, like that incredibly mean-spirited panel where we saw the corpses of the Amazing Friends.

So they are the ones capable of killing them...but most of the Spider-People are not willing to kill anyway. This gets dumber the more information I get about the Inheritors.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

tin can made man posted:

The Inheritors are absolutely absurd, though. Their aesthetic and concept is all at once posh aristocrats but also time pirates but also magic totemic spirit vampires but also high tech clones but also a Gaiman-esque family unit living in a Gaiman-esque fanciful pocket dimension so it all amounts to really an ugly Nothing hodgepodge.

All of that I already knew from reading the books but man when you put it all in a single place to describe them it really seems like a concept a 5 year old came up with. Like playing with action figures and just "BUT SEE HE ALSO HAS THIS POWER NO YOU CAN'T DO THAT BECAUSE HE ALSO HAS THIS POWER".

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

radlum posted:

So they are the ones capable of killing them...but most of the Spider-People are not willing to kill anyway. This gets dumber the more information I get about the Inheritors.

Otto was right.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

You don't need a multi-verse full of other Spider-Men if it's just Morlun by himself so an entire Morlun Squad had to be created.

tin can made man
Apr 13, 2005

why don't you ask him
about his penis

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Otto was right.

I mean not even, really? Otto's argument is that death is a permanent solution to their problem, then immediately he goes to recruit Kaine - the guy who dramatically died at the end of Verse, and also has probably died 2-3 times before that. This whole maxi-mega-event is just full of weird contradictions like that, the Inheritors, and

Wanderer posted:

like that incredibly mean-spirited panel where we saw the corpses of the Amazing Friends.

So much of this spider verse stuff seems like it's being sold as fun fanservice for All Your Favorite Spiders, but the opening scene is the naive 1602 Renaissance spider boy being speared like a fish. The newspaper comics have a tongue in cheek ministory, but also you get the Amazing Friends thing

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
All the Spider-men should be alive again because Franklin's favorite hero is Spider-man and he wouldn't remake all of the multiverse without all of him.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

I haven't read any of the main Spider-geddon story yet, but I did enjoy both Spider-Girls and the new Spider-Gwen.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
The other Gabby page already got posted elsewhere so I'll just lament the fact that they're taking Laura and Gabby away from Tom here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1055491045440606209

Boooooo.