Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Marvel Heroes will never die

https://twitter.com/nerdist/status/1054817245434646534

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

BabyFur Denny posted:

So Marvel Heroes is now deader than Hellgate:London. great job guys

It'll relaunch in 2028. You just need more faith.

I also just realized that I still have the box for the collector's edition of Hellgate:London gathering dust on a shelf. Here's hoping they honor the original cd key.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Sure could go for some moleman action right about now

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Well looks like I might finally give Hellgate a play.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

There's definitely no hope. They bought Trion through a creditor assignment which means they only picked up the assets they think will make them money. MH is almost certainly consigned to a dustbin where years from now someone will pick it up and loudly wonder "whose is this?" and three companies put up their hand then each tells the other two that they'll see them in court if they dare do anything with it.

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.

mods changed my name posted:

Sure could go for some moleman action right about now

Here you go.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Andrigaar posted:

Well looks like I might finally give Hellgate a play.

The single player version of Hellgate was *#@)ing horrible. I can't imagine multiplayer being anything other than a train wreck.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
I too am here to confess my interest in Hellgate filling a shallow portion of the brevik shaped hole in my heart.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
I just saw that Brevik's It Lurks Below is already on Steam early access. If Hellgate is immediately slammed even as a single player distraction, I'll just go snap that up.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Gonna have to play that Hellgate game.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
I was one of those nerds who was obscenely hyped for HGL so when one of the dev's asked for programming help right after release because he couldn't figure out how to fix a (very very severe) memory leak part of me died and I have never trusted since

oh and the terrible graphics even for the time, the way every weapon felt wrong and like a toy, the loot, the skills, the leveling, the grind, the levels themselves, the voice acting...

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

Adult Sword Owner posted:

I was one of those nerds who was obscenely hyped for HGL so when one of the dev's asked for programming help right after release because he couldn't figure out how to fix a (very very severe) memory leak part of me died and I have never trusted since

oh and the terrible graphics even for the time, the way every weapon felt wrong and like a toy, the loot, the skills, the leveling, the grind, the levels themselves, the voice acting...

I loved the idea of Hellgate London, I thought it was a really cool concept but then the game itself was EHHHHHHHHHHGGH. I'm a huge sucker for games in the immediately after post apocalypse / modern settings with magic. You'd think I learned my lesson , but then i go out and get the Grandmaster Secret World lifetime membership, didn't even play a month.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Diabetic posted:

. You'd think I learned my lesson , but then i go out and get the Grandmaster Secret World lifetime membership, didn't even play a month.

i narrowly avoided doin this

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

punchymcpunch posted:

i narrowly avoided doin this

It just sounded so loving cool, God it had a cool marketing campaign. gently caress Funcom forever, how is that game still going and Marvel's gone?

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Adult Sword Owner posted:

Not surprised. The engine was terrible.

NoMas
Oct 2, 2013

Man Moth!?
RIP this game, had some good times. Although I got burn out and stopped playing before it actually died. I was still collecting shards

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Sue storm was my Free dude

NoMas
Oct 2, 2013

Man Moth!?
This pic serves as a metaphor for my burnout

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Molten Burning Good Witch Wolverine Is All Of Us

Ougher
Jan 16, 2005
Look what I found.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68
Diablo 3 also dropping soon for the Intendo Swift. Who's up to play through story mode while dropping a massive Vernonburger numero dos? Shotgun on Witch doctor.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I will buy the game. For a 3rd time. Let it ride

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
I'm pretty sure I'm going to lose my job when D3 comes out

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I can’t wait for Destiny 3 myself man. They’re going to add a Dark Zone-like area and you can use powers from the Darkness in the game. I’m pretty pumped.

Looking forward to playing with you.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

The real ICR would never want to use the powers of Darkness. You must be a phony. A big fat phony!

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

It’s Halloween. I’ve been connected with my dark lord all month. Next month is turkey time so I’ll be reconnected with sunlight again.

GOBBLE GOBBLE

nostrata
Apr 27, 2007

I bought a switch just so I could buy d3 for the 3rd time and take it to work for lunch time demon stomping. And for playing on the shitter.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Nostrata. Discord. In the OP. I just had to track down FastestGunAlive and was like WHOA! A MH GOON! You need to be amongst your friends and family.

Join it. We talk and play games. Corral the goons. Nothing but net. Life is beautiful.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Oh man, it is going to be confusing with all of these rock bears

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Grinning Goblin posted:

Oh man, it is going to be confusing with all of these rock bears

That’s the fun of it. Guess who each rockbear is. Let the games begin.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
there's a discord?????

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

thanks for giving me an opening to trot my tired rear end joke out in tyool 2018. appreciate u boo

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Ok you got me that time though spookyvampires.

By the way, we tag you a lot in there a lot. We need lawyers a lot.

If you ever log back in, you’ll probably have about 50 pings at least.

It’s become a good joke.

You are truly missing out.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

We need lawyers a lot.

Yeah ok, but what does this have to do with SV?

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Will represent for eternity splinters.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Grinning Goblin posted:

Yeah ok, but what does this have to do with SV?

W O W

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Soothing Vapors posted:

as I've told Drythe before: if it helps you process this any better, I'm not a very good lawyer

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!

Andrigaar posted:

I just saw that Brevik's It Lurks Below is already on Steam early access. If Hellgate is immediately slammed even as a single player distraction, I'll just go snap that up.

I can unironically recommend ILB if you like the concept of a more hardcore version of terraria.