Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Dancer posted:

Have they removed the dumbfuck idiotic design decision that towers in some lanes are harder to destroy than towers in other lanes? It feels really bullshit when I'm 3-0 Quinn/Heimer/Ez top, and I used every moment alone in lane to push, and the 0/0 enemy bot lane with mediocre pushing power still takes first tower bonus.

No, and you're never going to notice it except in the tiniest minority of games, considering the DR only lasts for 5 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth

Dancer posted:

Have they removed the dumbfuck idiotic design decision that towers in some lanes are harder to destroy than towers in other lanes? It feels really bullshit when I'm 3-0 Quinn/Heimer/Ez top, and I used every moment alone in lane to push, and the 0/0 enemy bot lane with mediocre pushing power still takes first tower bonus.

they want to avoid lane swap and 1v2 lanes in pro play.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Dancer posted:

Another stupid af old-school thing: bankplank. By sheer happenstance, GP was my first ever main. I still remember this incredibly stupid game before I was level 30, where I sat on boots + double philo + triple hog and just farmed top lane until I had 10K gold saved.

I remember a time where I installed LoL and played nidalee for the first 30 levels or so.

I have foggy memories of that era, but I do remember her transform triggering tear and doing the analysis on weather archeangels or manamune was better. Yes, that combined with Iceborne Gauntlet was why I played nid mid and top.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

kingcobweb posted:

The answer to Pyke isn’t [x champion], it’s just playing around his cooldowns, same as any other hook support. Wait for him to miss, then move up and bully him for it until he backs off. He’s pretty squishy early on, so even him landing something doesn’t guarantee he won’t get blown up.

If you do just want to counterpick, Leona or Taric.

Alistair is also an amazing counter to Pyke. If he hooks your carry, all in on theirs.

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!

Mikujin posted:

Alistair is also an amazing counter to Pyke. If he hooks your carry, all in on theirs.

They just nerfed his health specifically to stop him going all in whenever the hell he felt like it. I wonder how much it will affect him.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Miftan posted:

Support pantheon. If the enemy adc is under half health just jump on them and kill them, if not your adc will have to burn some mobility if pike goes in, but then panth's point and click stun will usually kill him.

Support Pantheon is a tragic waste of a good champion

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

The Dregs posted:

They just nerfed his health specifically to stop him going all in whenever the hell he felt like it. I wonder how much it will affect him.

Very little. It's basically a single auto, so you might get an edge case or two where you die when you normally wouldn't have, but not much more. Alistar's strength as a champion is that he functions effectively on zero gold, has a point-and-click AoE CC combo that an ape can execute, and has enough tools in lane to survive even into relatively bad matchups. If they wanted to hit him where it hurts, they could reduce the early numbers on his passive to make it easier to bully him and his duo during laning phase.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
The only downside to having a alistar on your team is when you get those players who think they should pop his ultimate while at 5% health.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

The only downside to having a alistar on your team is when you get those players who think they should pop his ultimate while at 5% health.

when alistar is about to die press R and he will yell out and then get a few seconds of invulnerability and a small heal after before he spins away and split pushes

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

when alistar is about to die press R and he will yell out and then get a few seconds of invulnerability and a small heal after before he spins away and split pushes

Legit what goes through my brain when I get Ali ARAM

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Dancer posted:

it is dumb that two champions could do more damage than one, i dont see how it is that if the jungler shows up down there and theres three champs at a tower they can get it fast. it makes zero sense.

Mandoric
Mar 15, 2003
Whoever mentioned Zyra recently, thanks, IDK if it's this patch or end-of-season hamlords of Silver happily running into 5-plant ults or what but I'm 14-1 on her this week

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

rabidsquid posted:

it is dumb that two champions could do more damage than one, i dont see how it is that if the jungler shows up down there and theres three champs at a tower they can get it fast. it makes zero sense.
Bot lane towers were weaker to prevent lane swap meta, hope that helps

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

RealFoxy posted:

Bot lane towers were weaker to prevent lane swap meta, hope that helps

how many towers are you seeing falling in under five minutes

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

rabidsquid posted:

I only watch LCS Vods from 2016.... So....

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
God help me I'm playing this video game again for the first time in a few months and after 2 years of being a mid/adc shitlord I can't stop playing Sion top. I always got annoyed at my silver/gold teams ARAMing constantly while at the same time not being able to actually do anything about it with whatever immobile teamfighter i was playing, playing a champion built to live in a sidelane and be barely contestable when the other team even realizes I exist is so cathartic and freeing

Monicro fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Oct 25, 2018

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Monicro posted:

God help me I'm playing this video game again for the first time in a few months and after 2 years of being a mid/adc shitlord I can't stop playing Sion top. I always got annoyed at my silver/gold teams ARAMing constantly while at the same time not being able to actually do anything about it with whatever immobile teamfighter i was playing, playing a champion built to live in a sidelane and be barely contestable when the other team even realizes I exist is so cathartic and freeing

play yorick if you want to be less tanky but still want to chip their towers down at a rate considered stupid and alarming, but yeah sion owns

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
Ya I've definitely thought about yorick and I'm gonna try him out, but only one champ feels like playing as the 17th colossus

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Monicro posted:

Ya I've definitely thought about yorick and I'm gonna try him out, but only one champ feels like playing as the 17th colossus

Yeah, Yorick doesn't chip down towers he loving erases them. He isn't as tanky as Sion but boy howdy does he solve the "enemy team still has towers" problem.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Monicro posted:

that's super legit and i support you :comfysamus:

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
There was a recent Reddit thread about feed 2 win Sion if all you want to do is play PvE and best of all it doesn't really interrupt the game like those lovely "I'm playing double jungle support" builds that actually derail a whole game to play around you

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Yeah, Yorick doesn't chip down towers he loving erases them. He isn't as tanky as Sion but boy howdy does he solve the "enemy team still has towers" problem.

When I was playing a lot of top I used to track how quickly I could take first tower as Yorick. Best I got was just under 8 minutes.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Servaetes posted:

Support Pantheon is a tragic waste of a good champion

Me and some friends like running dumb support options. My best champion is MF and one of my friends love playing ap support malph with it. Double kill ult CD once we hit 6. We play in low gold so it doesn't really get punished.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Miftan posted:

Me and some friends like running dumb support options. My best champion is MF and one of my friends love playing ap support malph with it. Double kill ult CD once we hit 6. We play in low gold so it doesn't really get punished.
That was just a normal meta pick not that long ago

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

RealFoxy posted:

That was just a normal meta pick not that long ago

drat, we thought we were innovators.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

RealFoxy posted:

There was a recent Reddit thread about feed 2 win Sion if all you want to do is play PvE and best of all it doesn't really interrupt the game like those lovely "I'm playing double jungle support" builds that actually derail a whole game to play around you
There was a thread on the official forums and a Rioter gave an official response wherein they called this strategy "Strategically Minded Sion" :allears:

Dancer
May 23, 2011
So how come Strategically Minded Singed got puniehed and this isn't :v:

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Dancer posted:

Singed was a pocket pick at worlds, if it's good enough there it's good enough for you :colbert:

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Dancer posted:

Same but also Strategically Minded (AP) Tryndamere. :smith:

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

they aren't nerfing it because the preseason turret changes will make it a terrible strat anyway

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be

d0grent posted:

they aren't nerfing it because the preseason turret changes will make it a terrible strat anyway

doesn't seem like a turret will ever die before the shields turn off at 14 minutes(?) once that change goes through

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
im 3-1 with Strategically Minded Nidalee. i was atleast 0/10 every game

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Mandoric posted:

Whoever mentioned Zyra recently, thanks, IDK if it's this patch or end-of-season hamlords of Silver happily running into 5-plant ults or what but I'm 14-1 on her this week

How are you building her? I used to play a lot of sup Zyra in previous seasons and this intrigues me.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Tank-y Karma top is so much fun and feels sleeper strong. The buff to root is nuts for ganks, the healing is still great, dueling potential is there (especially against melees).

The right item paths also mean you do strong sustained damage, while soaking up a ton of it. 40K damage games with 100K self-mitigated damage and 20-40K healing? Sign me up.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Slaapaav posted:

im 3-1 with Strategically Minded Nidalee. i was atleast 0/10 every game

I just got out of my first nid game since season 3. Jesus, what human hands can optimize such a jungle rotation?!?

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
i played her top and went ad because that was really good before season 1 so it should also be good now with the same items.

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
Now with 22% more apathy!

rabidsquid posted:

Doing 30-40% or 60-80% damage to a tower pre-5 has a major effect on when you'll be able to take the tower post-5.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Mikujin posted:

Tank-y Karma top is so much fun and feels sleeper strong. The buff to root is nuts for ganks, the healing is still great, dueling potential is there (especially against melees).

The right item paths also mean you do strong sustained damage, while soaking up a ton of it. 40K damage games with 100K self-mitigated damage and 20-40K healing? Sign me up.

i been love karma top, great matchups, utility, sustain dmg, you add extra ap to a team... it is good stuff

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
cho vs urgot owns. abuse that giant hitbox and max q he will hate laning the same way other champions hate laning against urgot. i havent tried him vs other champions because only urgot makes me want to counter pick.

does anyone know a champion that is good enough vs heimer that its worth learning just for that reason???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Slaapaav posted:

cho vs urgot owns. abuse that giant hitbox and max q he will hate laning the same way other champions hate laning against urgot. i havent tried him vs other champions because only urgot makes me want to counter pick.

does anyone know a champion that is good enough vs heimer that its worth learning just for that reason???
sion